PDA

View Full Version : Anyone due in january 2012?

Sunset
October 24th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Hi ladies, i was wondering if there is anyone else here that's due in january? :)

Proud-Mummy26
October 24th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I'm here!!!

carsonlele
November 7th, 2011, 05:18 AM
hey guys! i just came over here! how r u 2 keeping?

Proud-Mummy26
November 7th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I'm doing well. Feeling about the same really. How are you both going?

Sunset
November 9th, 2011, 10:49 AM
hey i managed to found you lovely ladies again! i've been away on holiday for 2 weeks, but i'm back now :) how are you all doing? can't believe we're all moving into the third trimester :D how time flies!!

Proud-Mummy26
November 18th, 2011, 05:25 AM
I know Sunset! It's going so fast!

I'm doing well, how about you? Have you had any more scans?

Mum2boys
November 19th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Hi I'm new here but I'm due in January with my second little boy :)

Sunset
November 23rd, 2011, 04:33 AM
Proud-mummy ~ happy to hear you're doing well! are you enjoying the 3rd trimester? have you started preparing for baby yet? :) i've got my next growth scan on monday and hopefully it should be the last one!

Mum2boys ~ welcome! congrats on your little man! when in january are you due? are you enjoying the 3rd trimester? :)

Mum2boys
November 23rd, 2011, 05:58 AM
Hi sunset thanks and yes I am enjoying 3rd trimester actually I have have a great pregnancy compared to DS1 with him I had lots of UTIs and then went into kidneys. Haven't been sick with this one at all has been really nice.

How about you how are you enjoying 3rd trimester? Is this pregnancy very different from your boys?

Mum2boys
November 23rd, 2011, 05:59 AM
Oops sorry due 23rd of January

Sunset
November 25th, 2011, 04:41 AM
I'm due on the 22nd of January ;) but my babies always come early so i'm preparing to go early this time too.
Happy to hear you're enjoying the 3rd trimester :) I know alot of people dislike the last few weeks, but the 3rd trimester is by far my favourite trimester :) this pregnancy hasn't been that much different from when i was pregnant with ds1. it's a bit hard to explain, but i had 2 completely different pregnancies with ds1 and ds2 so i don't believe different pregnancies necessarily mean different genders iykwim :) i've had alot of fluid retention and heartburn in this pregnancy but i put that down to this being my 3rd pregnancy :p

what will the age gap be between your boys? :)

Mum2boys
November 27th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Hi I went 2 weeks early with my first so I'm preparing to go early again but hoping I don't with this one as I still have three weeks of work then Christmas so hoping I get those extra couple of weeks to relax before he comes.

My boys will have 15 months between them, I was a little shocked to be pregnant when we found out but we just bought a house and were moving and I said to DH hmmm think I'm over due for AF and sure enough this little guy was on his way.

I was really hoping to have a girl but being so close in age I'm hoping they will be the best of mates! My husband is a twin and is best mates with his brother so hoping mine will have a similar bond :)

Proud-Mummy26
November 28th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Sunset - I'm enjoying the third trimester, my tiredness seems to have settled although I've been getting lots of back labour and braxton hicks. I know it's not real labour because it's been happening for about 4 weeks but I think I'm just going to be uncomfortable with it until the end. How did your scan go? Everything progressing nicely?

Mum2boys - welcome and congrats on your baby boy! I'm sure your little boys are going to love being so close in age and I think there is just something special about having two or more of the same gender. I hope this pregnancy stays easier for you than the last!

Sunset
November 28th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Mum2boys ~ no doubt your boys will have an amazing bond!! i know mine do! :) Who knows, you might go overdue this time ;)

Proud-mummy26 ~ lovely to hear from you again! :) glad to hear the tiredness has settled for you! i have to admit, i'm still very tired :/ do you think your baby might come early this time? I had my scan this afternoon and it went great :) baby is growing nicely so no more scans, yay! next time i visit the hospital will be to have my baby :)

have you ladies started packing your hospital bag yet? I know it might still be early, but because ds2 was born at 36 weeks i've already started packing down the essentials. I refuse to go into labour and not have a hospital bag packed lol what will you be packing down?
i'm gonna wash baby's clothes this week and remove the tags, eek! and i'll be packing down a few gender neutral things as well just in case :p

Proud-Mummy26
November 29th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Sunset - I doubt the baby will come early, if anything maybe a few days? I'd be surprised if it was more than that.

I'm going to start packing my hospital bag soon. I like to have it out and put things in as I think of them.

I'm taking:

- music on my iPhone and a small speaker set I have that plugs into it because last time I took a CD and the CD player was broken! lol I'm going prepared this time. Must also remember my charger.

- stress balls for labour

- lip balm

- hair ties

- clothes and big undies (lol!) for after the baby is born

- my husband will use his iPhone for a camera

- swimmers in case I want to be in the bath/shower and am not at the point of being naked comfortably

Anything else I'm forgetting? I'm sure I'll think of more as the weeks go on. I probably won't use half of it but it's good to have your options while in there!

Sunset
December 2nd, 2011, 07:58 AM
nighty, dressing gown and slippers in case you need to stay in overnight? and perhaps some magazines? clean clothes to go home in? I am packing like i'm going away on holiday simply because so far i've never had a labour and delivery and then been allowed home the same day so i'm expecting to stay in for at least one night. I like to pack down some make up as well so i can freshen up the next morning. Oh and yes, I always pack down my own pillows!

Proud-Mummy26
December 3rd, 2011, 12:22 AM
Yes good point about the nighties etc just in case

Sunset
December 3rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
eek! it's finally getting real! I can't believe we're packing our hospital bags :D I love this stage in pregnancy, when it's finally starting to feel real :D Still feels totally strange to shop for pink though.. and even weirder to take the tags off lol i've packed down a few gender neutral bits as well, just in case :)

Sunset
December 5th, 2011, 11:50 AM
woop woop, finished packing baby's hospital bag this morning :D so now i can sit back and relax! this is the first time i've ever had a packed hospital bag ready! both boys came sooner than expected so i was running around like a headless chicken trying to pack everything while in full blown labour lol i'm not ever doing that again! now all i can think of is that because i'm so overly prepared this time my baby will probably decide to stay put for the full 40 weeks :rofl: (ds1 was born at 38+2 and ds2 36+0)

Proud-Mummy26
December 7th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Yay! It's much better being prepared. It will be interesting to see when your baby girl arrives and if she's early like her brothers.

Isn't it weird that we are in the third trimester? Time is going so fast! I'm so excited and can't wait for January!

Sunset
December 8th, 2011, 06:13 AM
I know it's very weird! this pregnancy seems to have flown by.. i can't believe that on sunday i'll be 34 weeks :) perhaps it's because there's so much to take our focus at the moment like christmas holidays and new year coming up. It's all good though! I'm getting very anxious to meet my baby and see that she's okay despite my chicken pox infection... full term can't come soon enough! :)

Sunset
December 24th, 2011, 05:32 PM
it's quiet in here! I just wanted to wish you all merry christmas! :) I hope you all have a lovely time!

I've developed pre-eclampsia in this pregnancy so i've just been let home from hospital today :) I'm going back in on boxing day for further monitoring, but it seems they won't let me go past 37 weeks and have been talking about inducing me. I've had steroid injections to mature baby's lungs so now i just have to prepare myself to have a baby in the next week :D but on the other hand, ds2 was born bang on 36+0 which i'll be tomorrow so i'm really hoping i might go into labour on my own.. but we'll see :) i'll keep you all posted! :)

Proud-Mummy26
December 27th, 2011, 05:19 PM
How are you doing Sunset? Any updates or baby news? How is everyone else? I'm doing well just so tired. I think Christmas has really taken it out of me!

Sunset
December 29th, 2011, 03:06 AM
hi ladies!
proudmummy not long to now :D have you got everything ready for baby? :)

I've been quite lucky, the pre-eclampsia has not got worse but is being kept under control with the blood pressure medicine so the doctors seem to have changed their mind regarding an induction. At the moment i'm out of hospital and only need to have my blood pressure checked twice weekly. I'm seeing the consultant again on thursday next week to discuss delivery, but from what I can understand if they continue to keep the pre-eclampsia under control then they're hoping to let me go into labour naturally because i've already had 2 natural deliveries. That's what i'm hoping anyway! :) after having spent over 2 days in the postnatal ward and seeing all the newborn bundles with their mommies i really can't wait to meet my baby girl! i never thought i would be stuck in the postnatal ward without a baby :rofl: it was very strange!

Proud-Mummy26
December 29th, 2011, 03:52 PM
That's great Sunset! Fingers crossed you go into labour naturally.

I have everything ready, the basinette is set up, the clothes are washed. I think we are ready to go!

Sunset
December 30th, 2011, 07:21 AM
:D let the waiting begin!

carsonlele
January 8th, 2012, 04:25 PM
hi ladies! just thought id pop in n say hello! r any of u on babycentre? thats where i have been recently. any babies yet?/? still no sign of my little lady! hopefully soon! xx

Sunset
January 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM
hey ladies, how are you all doing?

I was induced at 37+1 due to preeclampsia and my little lady was born on january 2nd after a 3,5hr labour. I was very poorly with severe hypertension and ended up in critical care for 3 days but we're all home now :) I love being a family of 5 and her brothers love to help out with their new sister :)

Proud-Mummy26
January 10th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Ohh Sunset! Congratulations, she's beautiful! Glad to hear you're home, are you feeling better?

Myloves
January 11th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Congrats Sunset!! She's beautiful!

Sunset
January 12th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Thanks ladies :) yes i'm feeling better but my blood pressure is still high so i have to take medication to keep it under control. I've been told it can take up to 6 weeks to go back to normal and sometimes even as much as 3 months. Hopefully it will happen soon :) at least i'm responding well to the medication!

proudmummy ~ not long to go now! are you excited to meet your little man? :)

auroara78
January 12th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Sunset,

your baby girl is so gorgeous!! Congratulations again...and hope the BP gets sorted out and better soon!

Sunset
January 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks Auroara! :) My Bp is on the downfall *yay* so i'm hopefully gonna start to wean off my blood pressure medication on monday :D

Proud-Mummy26
January 22nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Yes I'm very excited! Not long to go, been getting some twinges the last 4 days or so but nothing to get excited about.

How are you going?

Carsonlele - any news?

Sunset
January 23rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
it was dd's due date yesterday.. very strange to think she's 3 weeks already :)
how exciting with twinges! i wish i would have got to have a natural birth, it would have been so amazing to wait for the twinges :p good luck, can't wait to see some pictures of your little man :)
i'm doing fine now my blood pressure is back to normal so just weaning off the medication and should be off them completely in 3 weeks time :) dd has passed her birth weight :D i still can't believe she's actually a she :cheer:

TT_3814
February 1st, 2012, 11:58 PM
She's gorgeous, Sunset! :)

Sunset
February 8th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Proudmummy and Carsonlele any news yet? :)

Proud-Mummy26
February 21st, 2012, 01:47 AM
DS was born 31st January :D he's gorgeous! Sorry it's taken to long to get back on!

Sunset
March 2nd, 2012, 05:20 AM
Congratulations!!! :D so happy for you! how much did he weigh? :)

Proud-Mummy26
March 18th, 2012, 08:41 PM
T