PDA

View Full Version : LMSM sway attempt - it's a girl!

LMSM
August 1st, 2017, 11:23 PM
Hi ladies,

I guess I could post my sway too :cool:
Any feedback welcome- though what is done is done and bub will be whatever gender was decided a long time ago :pregnant:

So, here goes!
LMSM BOY Sway Attempt
Gender result:
Edited to say GIRL
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
2 girls (4 and almost 2)
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No

MINERALS
Calcium Intake(Please describe)
Via prenatal and diet
Magnesium Intake(Please describe)
Via prenatal and diet
Potassium Intake(Please describe)
Via prenatal and diet.
Sodium Intake(Please describe)
Via prenatal and diet.

SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements
Prenatal (Blakcmore’s prenatal)
Fish Oil
Folic Acid (at least 500mcg on top of prenatal)
CQ10
Occasionally took some wheatgrass
Used nutritional yeast flakes a few times a week on meals

DH Supplements
Men’s Multi-vitamin
Fish oil
CQ10

Any additional supplement info?
/

DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?

HE(High Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
A massive change from my diet when I conceived either of my daughters – I stopped/cut down coffee (drank black tea with milk), ate much more and much more nutritious foods , snacked to keep BS levels stable. I was pretty much vegetarian and with the diet had way more protein esp. from animal sources (red meat as much as I could bear). We were both drinking a can of coconut water pretty much daily, bananas daily, lots of nuts/dried fruits, wholegrain foods, lots of good fats and veg/fruit – I truly think we bettered our diet massively!
I drank loads of lemon water and added eggs where I could, and ate yogurt daily (all dairy was full fat).

If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
16 weeks of full on diet (I did start making gradual changes from January)
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
No – at worse, it would be delayed if running short on time
Did DH change his diet with you?
To some extent – I tried increasing his protein intake
Comments regarding DH's diet-
Couldn’t get him to take time for breakfast so that was hard
Did you consume alcohol?
No
DId you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, I limited my intake and the month of the BFP I had basically none

Any Diet Details?
Always grazing, feeling full, wouldn’t let myself go hungry (and if I had a niggle of hunger I would immediately pop a few almonds to munch on at least)
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
/

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
My BMI still is on the low side (19-20 ish?) and my scale is broken but pretty sure I put on a few kilos
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
Not really any exercise, just too plain tired after work – did walk as much as possible – and during the WEs we always walk a fair bit and keep active with the girls

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
/
Any VG potions used?
/

CM pH at attempt
?
DH pH
?
THE DEED INFO
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Pattern
We essentially tried to follow the SMEP pattern

BD Dates according to Ovulation
2 Days Before O (am)
1 Days Before O (pm of pod opk)
O day (pm)

BD Position
Multiple
Any additional comments?
Preseed with the last 2 attempts
Big O with all BD bar one
Any relevant attempt details?
Definitely an increase in our BD numbers the BFP cycle
Did you do anything with Ions?
I sit at a computer all day at work, does that count? I use my tablet on my lap a fair bit otherwise
Moon Phase during conception?
?
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
Had a boy onesie in my pillowcase

Things that make me feel great about my sway:
The HE diet clearly made a drastic change to my fertility – after taking literally years and medicated cycles to conceive each of our girls, falling pregnant so quickly (the 2 1st cycles were “tests’ in my view as we were adjusting and didn’t do our true best then) for me is a testament to what the diet did to my body! My AF started arriving in the am for the first time ever before we started ttc just with the diet changes….not sure it means anything but it is still worth noting in my books! ;)
We had a great BD pattern, my fertility was increased, so was my overall condition – so that in itself makes me happy!

Things that make me nervous about my sway:
Exercise – I wish I could have found the strength to get some formal weights in there (though DD2 being a clingy koala, I get a work out of sorts ^^)…DH was a bit slack too!

Things worth mentioning:
/

:nails::fingers::fingers::fingers::fingers:

meoab
August 2nd, 2017, 05:04 AM
Love your sway!! I hope you get your baby boy hun. Xx

MiaMelb
August 2nd, 2017, 05:54 AM
So many great blue strategies in there, congratulations. Can't wait to find out how your sway pans out. Fx:bluecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer:

Throwaway_panther
August 2nd, 2017, 11:15 AM
Congrats on your bfp!!!!

Babybeaublue
August 2nd, 2017, 12:42 PM
Well done fx !

LMSM
August 3rd, 2017, 06:56 AM
Thanks ladies!
Am so grateful for having found this site and all it's wonderful people, I seriously doubt I would have fallen pregnant so fast, if at all, without all the great advice and support here :awe:

XXforhubby
August 3rd, 2017, 09:55 AM
Fab sway! 🤞🏻so hard for [emoji170]!!

[emoji170]8/2010 [emoji170]6/2013 [emoji170]11/2015 [emoji170]
[emoji178]Baby Girl [emoji254]EDD 9/30/2017 [emoji178]

https://lmtm.lilypie.com/kIlmm5.png (https://lilypie.com)

Mommy2apples
August 3rd, 2017, 10:48 AM
Lmsm!! Eek!! What a great sway!!

2003 [emoji1349]2009 [emoji1407] 2012 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] 2018[emoji120] for a [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family! [emoji7]

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

atomic sagebrush
August 5th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Good luck and sending you a massive amount of blue dust!

Lolabelle
August 5th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Sounds awesome!!! Sending all my blue dust to you!!! [emoji170]

LMSM
August 23rd, 2017, 05:40 AM
Update: will do my NIPT bloods probably mid next week, so we should know gender in a couple of weeks...eeeeek! :D

Mommy2apples
August 23rd, 2017, 06:45 AM
Eek!! So excited for you lmsm!!

2003 [emoji1349]2009 [emoji1407] 2012 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] 2018[emoji120] for a [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family! [emoji7]

atomic sagebrush
August 24th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Good luck and blue dust!!

LMSM
September 9th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Despite everything telling me otherwise, it will be another little girl for us!

Throwaway_panther
September 9th, 2017, 07:47 PM
I'm so sorry your sway didn't work out! How are you feeling?

kittendreams
September 9th, 2017, 09:19 PM
Oh LMSM I can't believe it! You gave it your all that is for sure. I'm so sorry for you my friend I know how you feel right now but please know it will pass eventually and this beautiful little soul was meant to be held by you.
You are such a beautiful, loving and generous person this little girl is so lucky to be coming into this world to be your daughter.
Be kind to yourself xxx

LMSM
September 10th, 2017, 06:43 PM
Thanks ladies :hugs:
After the initial sadness of not having a boy, I really thought this was a boy - I am ok with it now – we told our DDs about the baby, and DD1 is uber excited and wants a sister! We told her we could tell her the gender but for now, she wants to keep it as a surprise :awe: however she is telling everyone mummy has a baby in her tummy and it is truly heartwarming – for her, and Dd2, I think this will be just fine – it’s just my selfish desire for a son that colours this – hubby hasn’t said a definite no for a #4, so who knows, one day..
Until then will try to prepare for my youngest girl to join the tribe, and yesterday we found her heartbeat on the Doppler for the 1st time, and you know what – I was just in love – so I think that sums it up ;)

MiaMelb
September 10th, 2017, 08:08 PM
My heart is warmed to hear how quickly the intial disappointment seems to be subsiding. You did an amazing sway and any little girl who managed to overcome all those factors must be a super strong bubs. For me I'm trying to shift my thinking from having a third for us/me (cause I want a boy) to having a third as they'll be a (fx) lifelong companion for my DDs.

kittendreams
September 10th, 2017, 10:02 PM
Oh so happy to read you are feeling better. So so cute that your dd wants a sister!
You are not selfish for wanting a boy the heart wants what it wants and I'm glad Dh may be open to another down the track. Big hugs xx

LMSM
September 10th, 2017, 11:14 PM
Mia – I thought I had prepared myself, knowing the sway was no guarantee (though I thought I had done pretty well!) and yet I still bawled my eyes out on Friday – I always was ready to accept any gender, I think the fact this is our third also means the hopes for a boy get pushed even further away and I wasn’t quite prepared for how much that bit would hurt. Definitely not disappointed in a girl just in not having a son ;) Have already started looking at that perfect 1st onesie for when she is born even though I have vacuum bags full of clothes, still want to prepare for her :)
Am sure you will be thrilled with any baby – even if there is potential for disappointment initially if the gender isn’t what you’d hoped – the relief of a seemingly healthy baby overrides it all pretty quickly ;) and just had to take one look at my darling girls to know it would of course be wonderful with another one (challenging :rofl: but wonderful).
Can’t wait to follow your sway and ttc journey! ;)

Kittendreams- how are you hon?
Btw, I found some more stuff for you as I tidied up my drawers – so will send it to you this week :)
Yes, knowing hubby is not 100% closed to a 4th does soothe things somewhat – I think he “heard” me when I say I just longed for a little boy looking like him ;)

kittendreams
September 11th, 2017, 06:00 AM
Mia – I thought I had prepared myself, knowing the sway was no guarantee (though I thought I had done pretty well!) and yet I still bawled my eyes out on Friday – I always was ready to accept any gender, I think the fact this is our third also means the hopes for a boy get pushed even further away and I wasn’t quite prepared for how much that bit would hurt. Definitely not disappointed in a girl just in not having a son ;) Have already started looking at that perfect 1st onesie for when she is born even though I have vacuum bags full of clothes, still want to prepare for her :)
Am sure you will be thrilled with any baby – even if there is potential for disappointment initially if the gender isn’t what you’d hoped – the relief of a seemingly healthy baby overrides it all pretty quickly ;) and just had to take one look at my darling girls to know it would of course be wonderful with another one (challenging :rofl: but wonderful).
Can’t wait to follow your sway and ttc journey! ;)

Kittendreams- how are you hon?
Btw, I found some more stuff for you as I tidied up my drawers – so will send it to you this week :)
Yes, knowing hubby is not 100% closed to a 4th does soothe things somewhat – I think he “heard” me when I say I just longed for a little boy looking like him ;)

I would love that LMSM!
Thank you so much you are a treasure! I will look out in the post xx
I'm doing well had a wee break from Le for a fortnight while on holidays but back on it now.
Yes I can definitely see how your DH would understand that desire of yours to have a son that looks like him- it's why he is happy with another beautiful girl because she will remind him of you!
It is a sign of how much you adore eachother and is so so sweet xx

kittendreams
September 11th, 2017, 06:10 AM
Also, I know you know this and that you will love this little girl so much regardless but having had a swaying opposite before with my ds2, I have to tell you that you are in for a pleasant surprise when you finally hold her- there is just something so special about them. It's like they fought so hard against the odds to become part of your family that you just know they are meant to be here and be yours xx

Mommy2apples
September 11th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Kittedreams that is a beautiful perspective.

LMSM
September 15th, 2017, 01:35 AM
Admittedly, I am looking forward to seeing her little face so much now! Wonder if she will be like her sisters or completely different!!! :)

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Oh LM I'm sorry it didn't go your way, but hugest congrats on your new little lady. :heart:

LMSM
September 18th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Thanks Atomic - the lack of a son will always sting, but DH said he wasn't 100% closed to the idea of a 4th so will have to come back to you for super ninja blue swaying strategies haha - but we're excited to welcome our newest little lady and my eldest especially is ecstatic, she is telling absolutely everyone! :awe:
I have my nuchal scan today, can't wait to see her!

LMSM
March 28th, 2018, 01:59 AM
Sofia was born on the 24/3...and we are so in love!!!
She is perfect and we are all besotted :)
Hubs did say, when asked in the delivery suite, why not for #4 haha

atomic sagebrush
March 28th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Huge congrats! I'm so happy for you!! Welcome to the world little one!!

boywish
March 28th, 2018, 10:33 PM

Congrats LMSM! I've been checking back in to see if she had arrived. What a beautiful name. That's great news about #4 enjoy your newborn snuggles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMSM
March 28th, 2018, 11:20 PM
Thanks ladies :wink::3kids:

ABC.2606
March 28th, 2018, 11:29 PM
Aww, LMSM, congrats!!! So happy for you and your family!!! Enjoy all those baby snuggles!!

LMSM
April 17th, 2018, 06:45 AM
Thanks so much ABC! I come seldom atm but do try to see where you are at..I have my FX so hard for you hon!!

Throwaway_panther
April 17th, 2018, 08:38 AM

Ahhh I missed this! Congrats! I LOVE that name!!

And can't wait for you to be back around for #4 haha!

LMSM
April 18th, 2018, 05:55 PM
Thanks TP!!!
I don’t come here very often but keep my FX so hard for you sweetie.. if you have a specific post, let me know so I can keep track of where you are at ;)
I have to formally convince hubs for #4 but will not rush that conversation...though am seeing my GP in a few weeks for the 6w PP check up and I know contraception will be a topic..:P