PDA

View Full Version : Hello Ladies SO... PGD in Mexico?!

MAMAof4Pinks
October 25th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Hello I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone here has or is going to be going to Mexico? I am very intrested in the MS part of thing before PGD/IVF. Hopefully to help out the process and get more boys in the process for me.

nuthinbutpink
October 25th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Nobody on here has although some have looked into it recently. Most of the HT gals post in the private/member forums so it is pretty quiet out here!

I think if you are likely to be a good responder, after you have had pretesting done, I would not go to Mexico for IVF and I would try to find a clinic as close to you as possible to cycle. IF you are a poor responder OR if you are late 30's-40 years of age, I might consider it if I had one chance. As a normal, healthy responder, I'm personally not traveling to a 3rd world country to have elective surgery done. I wouldn't go there for any other surgery!

MAMAof4Pinks
October 25th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Nothing but, I see what your saying about taking one chance, make it a good one! I have researched the Mexico and its not like I thought it was I thought it was a horrible shanty place, but actually there are big nice cities. Big nice centers for fertility. I well defiantly give some thought to what you said though! Thanks

purplepoet20
October 25th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Where in Mexico? How much?

nuthinbutpink
October 25th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Where in Mexico? How much?

From what I have read, $11,300 for everything MS 1300 IVF 6000 PGD 4000....located in Quadalajara.
http://www.visitandcare.com/infertility-treatment-abroad/guides/treatment/microsort-for-gender-selection

Also here is a phone number for Gisel a lady in SanDiego with Visit and Care she is the patient cordinater.

nuthinbutpink
October 25th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Found this too- http://www.sexselection.net/page4photos.html

nuthinbutpink
October 25th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Another-

http://ivfinmexico.net/home.html

MAMAof4Pinks
October 26th, 2011, 02:12 AM
YES, YES!!! Gisel is who is helping me through the whole thing, it is so much easier, because you have to wait for emails back and forth from clinics and they mostly speak Spanish! She is so nice and really cares! There are a lot of GREAT clinics and YES I suggest you call Gisel! It well be around 1350 for me but thats MS/PGD/IVF includes all meds! You have still travel there, but I'm bringing all my kids (4) and my mother and father in law so I looked on VRBO.com and found great places for good deals and I was going to go to Guadalajara but that clinic, IMI, also has a location in Mazatlan!! Very nice! Go on Alaskair.com type in your dates you want and it'll show you a calender and the prices for dates around it that might be cheaper!!! And dont forget you'll need a PASSPORT!!!! 4/6 weeks unless you want to pay the extra 60 for fast service, but still 2/3 weeks... I will be buying the gold member ship and BLOGing so any other questions let me know!! Also heres the thing about PGD if you can do MS first before you well end up with more embryos in your favor and not so many you dont want so the favor well be yours, so if you do go to Mexico do MS.... FOR SURE!!! v

Hoping4aPrincess
October 26th, 2011, 07:53 PM
MAMA, so have your decided to go to Mexico? I was interested in this too. But I was a little leery about it.

MAMAof4Pinks
November 2nd, 2011, 02:04 AM
Yes I am! I thought Mexico was all the same, not a safe place. I looked into it and there are a lot of big cities and very nice too. There are a lot of fertility centers that are GREAT!! Great Doctors, nice offices and a lot of the Dr are known other places they travel and work in other countries. They offer MS too. Plus a vacation. I did say a while ago to my husband "maybe we should do it here, what if it doesn't work in Mexico." You know what he told me, "What if it doesn't work here.... good point!! Its kind of like taking a leap of faith if it is going to happen and supposed to happen it doesnt matter where you are.

My mom was really worried about drug wars going on there so we looked into that to. It really is mostly the boarder cities. Also if you go off the beaten path. I had a travel agent tell me its like if you go it LA you wouldnt go to the bad parts, well its the same way with Mexico. Im going to Mazatlan Mx I got lucky because IMI has another location there so we can stay at the beach the whole time, very touriesty. SO its supposed to be safe. And I found tons of great houses to stay at at great prices on Homeaway.com and VRBO.com. Homeaway was the best for Mexico.

I bloged about it so far let me know if oyu have any other questions.

LucilleBall
December 19th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I was wondering the same thing, new here! Anyone tried to go to Mexico?

nuthinbutpink
December 27th, 2011, 03:51 PM
This is why I would never travel to a third world country to have something like this done that is offered here in the USA. Insight: Violence creeping into Mexican capital - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/insight-violence-creeping-mexican-capital-121021881.html)

So not worth it IMO.

ovofiv
June 11th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Whooo, just to say that Mexico is not a third world country. Violence is a huge problem due to drug issues (not to be consumed in Mexico but in the neighbouring countries).

nuthinbutpink
June 11th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Still wouldn't go there for anything medically related. I don't care who consumes all the drugs that run through there. The cartel are going after tourists and clearly, the government has no control. I don't think things are going well at the moment.

glory
June 17th, 2012, 06:40 AM
MAMAof4Pinks, how did it go?