PDA

View Full Version : I hate the comments!

purplepoet20
October 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I was talking to my dad today, doesn't happen much, but sometimes I have to call him. He asked about how the swaying was going... my dad is not a father but more like a friend who you can joke with... I told him all the updates and all he could say is "your going to just have to except the fact that you will have all boys".

He can lie to my sisters about how they are amazing singers and beautiful and tell them they can become super models and famous singers. Just once I want him to lie to me!

begonia
October 25th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Well, maybe he doesn't know it ... but maybe he's lying because you ARE going to have that DD. Then you get to show her off to him and that'll feel amazing :) FX for you PP.

TTC5
October 25th, 2011, 10:10 PM
:( big hugs xx

nuthinbutpink
October 25th, 2011, 10:26 PM
When I told my parents we were expecting child number 3, my dad called me the next day(he never calls me) and said you know it's going to be another girl, right? My parents knew I wanted a boy and my dad loves me all the way to God and back but I know he said that trying to protect me, protect my heart. He wasn't trying to be mean. I could have done without the call but he didn't mean any harm. And yes, sometimes it is best to not say what you are thinking and lie to your kids! No matter what he says, it doesn't have anything to do with how your life plays out.

My Fabulous Children
October 26th, 2011, 12:48 AM
:hugs: xxx

ThroughWithBlue
October 27th, 2011, 10:37 PM
*hugs* I'm so sorry. I can understand.
I was told my first was a girl, called my mom and told her. She was over the moon happy. Then a month later call her and say wait, it's actually a boy she just said oh......very long pause......you sound dissapointed...... completely different reaction, she sounded sad. With #2 I told her it was a boy she just sounded so shocked, said well everyone in the family has one boy then a girl. Like i'm supposed to also. also, moms side is ALL girls I'm the only boy maker on that side period for 3 generations. So, I can understand. Everything hurts worse coming from your own parents. Honestly, I'd avoid him as much as I could and it sounds like it would be easy for you to do. At least until you are comfortable talking about it and can accept that behaviour from him because that's obviously how he's going to react.

purplepoet20
November 2nd, 2011, 11:02 AM
But it would feel good to know that he is praying for a girl for me. He has never told me I was good at anything. He read my poems once and told me he didn't want to read them anymore until I can write happy ones. The poems he read were about him. And I was a child who wrote about what I felt. He never wanted to know why they were sad.

My sisters are cute but not super models and they can sing along with a song but not in key. But my dad filled their heads with lies since they could walk about how great they are. He went to all their school plays. He never once showed up to any of my things even when I had my first solo in my high school advanced chorus, also my last time singing for anyone.

I feel so good about swaying but I have my own doubt. I know it is not 100% that I will get a girl. I just feel that he could have said it differently. Everything he says is so heartless.

Flava
November 2nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
purple- how come your dad is such a good friend to you but he never show at your school?? That is not nice at all!
And just because he say it will be a boy you know it can be a girl too!
XXX

purplepoet20
November 2nd, 2011, 11:33 AM
I don't know much about his thinking but my whole life we has joked with me, he talks to me about his sex life as if we are friends, he doesn't get grossed out when my hubby said we needed to go have sex (he still says my sis's are virgins LOL), and the worst part is he has never onced looked at me and said my name and I love you. I told him all this right after DS1 was born and he said he was sorry and that was it.

I want a dad that says I love you at the end of a call, tells me I could do whatever I want, one that says my kids are handsome and he misses them, and someone who is overprotective and gives a boyfriend the nut-cracking speech. I want a dad... I wonder if my mother was right when she told someone he wasn't my dad. I used to wish it but I look more like him then my mother.

Flava
November 2nd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Don't be so sad and for sure your mother said that to hurt you.
You know your dad loves you or he would not be your friend , right? At least you do have a dad you know...

purplepoet20
November 2nd, 2011, 11:41 AM
Just having a bad time... He has commented on my brother kids Halloween pictures on FB but nothing on mine. Maybe I should write him again but I don't want him to feel that he has to say things if he doesn't mean it.

Flava
November 2nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Im sorry you are having a bad day !

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2030/2030983q6z2ka3aq8.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

CapricornAquarius
November 2nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
:hug2:

My father never used to say 'I love you', so I decided to say it to him first over the phone 12yrs ago, from that moment on my dad says I love you after every phone conversation.

Sometimes its hard on men to show affection, my father is 75yrs old and he never had affection growing up, so I know this is why he's never been affectionate with us growing up.

CapricornAquarius
November 2nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Just having a bad time... He has commented on my brother kids Halloween pictures on FB but nothing on mine. Maybe I should write him again but I don't want him to feel that he has to say things if he doesn't mean it.

PP if you can feel there's favouritism, you need to speak up, talk to your dad, its so common for people to hold their feelings in and then when they're parents pass they never got it off their chest and that is so much worse.

purplepoet20
November 4th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I've talked to my dad about it... he has GBGGG and a SS SD. My oldest sister passed and I am in the middle. I've told him my feelings so many times and he says I'm sorry it wont happen again. Everytime I saw, talk, emailed or whatever I always say I love you. I have spent my whole life trying to get his attention and now I don't work as a hard anymore but I want him to tell my kids he loves them. He talked to DS1 in June and when my son said I love you Opa come see me soon my dad said nothing but bye. DS1 is easy to understand so I know he heard it.

I have recently decided to stop talking to my dad for awhile, in an email I said we are busy working on the house. After I am done swaying I will call him and talk to him. I just need to keep good thoughts in my head.

CapricornAquarius
November 4th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Im so glad you spoke to him, you've done your bit PP, now he needs to step up to the plate.
I think your doing the best thing by keeping your distance while swaying cause you need to focus on being positive & your father makes you feel negative.
I really hope your father can change his ways one day soon before its too late.