PDA

View Full Version : So many people getting their DG this year, I'm starting to think it can't possibly happen to me!!

nicnee1976
October 25th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Hi,

I'm 34 weeks pregnant with baby #4. I have 3 boys and chose not to find out gender of this one for fear of having GD in pregnancy. All along I have felt like this could be my girl, but daren't let myself believe it.

Now this year, everybody I know who has had a baby has had the gender they wanted and I am now starting to think that trend will end by the time it gets to my turn!!

In some ways now I wish I had found out the gender, but I had bad GD in pregnancy with DS3 when he showed me his bits on a scan (even though I didn't want to know!!). I didn't want that again. I was an emotional wreck for the whole time!!

It doesn't help that several people at work are convinced this is a boy as they believe after 3 boys I am only ever going to get another boy. We did sway with this one, although I can't say I was totally full on in the end as the diet was making me lose too much weight when I am normally borderline underweight anyway!! I had managed to lower my pH a bit and eliminated EWCM. We DTD about 2-3 days before OV.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I'm starting to feel very unsure of myself and starting to worry about getting bad GD if this is another boy. Anyone else on here get their desired gender after several of the opposite gender?? Do I even have a hope??

purplepoet20
October 25th, 2011, 05:58 PM
A friend of mine is currently pregnant with her 3rd baby. She has 2 boys and wanted a girl but she didn't want to sway. Her and her hubby dtd every 3 days, didn't know when they O, didn't diet... they are having a girl and I am so jealous right now. If I don't have a girl I don't know how I would feel about seeing her little girl.

nuthinbutpink
October 25th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I understand the doubt but it can totally happen for you and what a WONDERFUL experience it will be when it does.

begonia
October 25th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Hugs, Nicnee! People DO get their opposite after several of the same, loads of them do w/o even swaying. I've mentioned it on here before but I find my FIL's family fascinating; he was the 5th of 10 kids, 1st 4 were all girls, followed up by him and 1 more girl + 4 more boys! I do think we've all "got it in us" to make the other gender. It's just whether or not it happened this particular time, IMO. FX that this is your girl!

TTC5
October 25th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I hope this is your girl!!
Oh B, so there is hope for me!

begonia
October 25th, 2011, 09:55 PM
5, I have thought of you specifically because one of my friends is an avid blog reader, and 2 of her favorites have recently had sons after 4+ girls! It happens, it totally happens. FX it does for you!

TTC5
October 25th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Oh show me the links!!!! I'd love to read. My Mum had 4 girls and then a boy so maybe I will copy her, LOL!

My Fabulous Children
October 26th, 2011, 12:50 AM
I really hope this is your little girl ..Good luck.

CapricornAquarius
October 26th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Sending you all my pink dust.

Dd :ballerina: Dd2 :giggle: & OMG Im :pregnant:

zanacal
October 26th, 2011, 11:41 AM
{hugs} A couple of us were saying this exact same thing on the pregnancy chat thread! We're happy when it happens for others but believe the luck will run out when it comes to our turn ... I truly hope you get your baby girl x

charlieispy
October 26th, 2011, 11:54 AM
i feel like i always miss the 'girl season' sudden influx of girls!! FX we all get our DG we ruddy deserve it Nicnee - i have 3 boys and all going well i am due a fourth baby in july my plan is to not find out the gender as i have known with all 3 boys and cant handle the oh what a shame comments when i say its a boy

FX for your DD hun x x x

juffertje2
November 17th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Same here...everyone eround me has got their girls....6 in the last three months...When I was pregnant with #3 two of my best friends gave birth to a girl...several celebrity's in the Netherlands....reading the papers and they had their girl...i just became so angry...i felt like I was stuck by having my 3th boy...
Now I'm 8 weeks pregnant with #4...Is this the girl season???? According to the chinese genderpredictor i'm having a girl...it's all nonsens but at this point I'm willing to believe everything!

KnockYourBallsOff
November 17th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I TOTALLY feel that way. I feel like I jinxed myself b/c when I was younger I bragged that I wanted 4 boys....now that I have 3, I really want some pink.

Lots of my friends are pregnant right now. We're waiting for other reasons, but I'm kinda glad I miss the baby wave and have my own time and not be compared with what we're having. Ya know? I totally fell ya!

dannikins
November 19th, 2011, 09:03 PM
i feel exactly the same, i know so many people who have had, or are having girls right now, im thinking in 28 weeks when it my turn the pink run will be over , just in time for me to pop out another boy....lol

4devochki
November 24th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Nicnee, mom of 4 girls here so I can't speak to getting my desired gender (nope!) but your post worries me. Have you thought through how you will react or prepare for your 4th boy if that is what it's going to be? Don't get me wrong--I hope you get your dearest wish. But i know the cocktail of GD and PPD can be really atrocious, and hope you have some support systems in place if and when you need them.

atomic sagebrush
November 24th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Hey sweets! I was just on Facebook for the first time in forever and I got the wonderful priveledge of posting congrats for several people who got girls after 3 boys! (yes, that is just a hint of sarcasm there! :) All of them really deserved it tho!)

It is possible but it is also possible that baby is a boy and if it is, you'll join the elite, "4-boy-mom" club that a lot of supercool people are in! :)

Wishing you the best for peace of mind!

amari
November 24th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Good luck either way! It is hard to think about when you really want something. I hope you get your pink, but of course, most of all,'a healthy baby! Congrats!

HopeandDreamG
November 25th, 2011, 07:27 AM
i feel like i always miss the 'girl season' sudden influx of girls!! FX we all get our DG we ruddy deserve it Nicnee - i have 3 boys and all going well i am due a fourth baby in july my plan is to not find out the gender as i have known with all 3 boys and cant handle the oh what a shame comments when i say its a boy

FX for your DD hun x x x

The oh what a shame comments drive me bonkers. When I was preggo this summer people said "a third boy would be nice". I wanted to say "it would b nice to punch you" of course I didn't. Then I had a friend say when she heard I was gonna go for another "watch you'll have a boy now" after telling her about my loss and how it was a girl. Wow and she
wasn't even trying to bs mean! When I get preggo this time around I think I need to know bc I need time to come to terms or I'm gonna lose it after. I'm not going to tell anyone though regardless of gender outcome!