PDA

View Full Version : Who is your DG for???

DoulaMama
October 26th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Is it for you, your DH, your mom, the children you already have???

I think many people assume that DH's need a son and moms need a daughter but I know that this is not the case for many families.

AFM, my hubby could care less what we have. It's me that NEEDS a girl. I think I also feel the need to have a DD for my mom. My sis will never have kids so her only chance at a granddaughter is from me.

ELP
October 26th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Originally I wanted the boys for DH, but when I got my little run of girls I started to want a boy for me too, just to shut the trouts in the playground up!

littlemisswilko
October 26th, 2011, 01:16 PM
my Gd is firstly for me as i always expected i would have a DD. My dp also longs for a DD. We both wanted a DD from finding out i was pg with our first. My MIL has 2 sons and one hasn't got any children and theres not much hope either so then its left to my Dp to give her a Grand daughter which she longs for. Then theres my mam she has 6 grandsons and 1 granddaughter which lives at the other side of world to us (Australia) and we hardly get to see her! so i would love to give my mam another grand daughter to spoil rotten! So overall we all want a DD. :)

littlemisswilko
October 26th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Originally I wanted the boys for DH, but when I got my little run of girls I started to want a boy for me too, just to shut the trouts in the playground up!

you are so right about the trouts up at school! They always seem to have an opinion!! lol

nuthinbutpink
October 26th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Me. My DH would have stopped at 2 girls and never looked back.

Zivic-Bubac
October 26th, 2011, 01:30 PM

Same here. He is still trying to convince me 2 is enough.

DoulaMama
October 26th, 2011, 01:39 PM

Same here! 2 boys for him was perfect:) we actually agreed on 2 when we got engaged! Ha! Sucker!!!

Zivic-Bubac
October 26th, 2011, 01:42 PM
we actually agreed on 2 when we got engaged! Ha! Sucker!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yuzu
October 26th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Oh, I definitely want a girl for me. I really long to buy hair ribbons.:giggle:

KnockYourBallsOff
October 26th, 2011, 03:30 PM
For me, for MIL because I know she would like one, for my boys to have some female influence as they grow up. I NEVER thought I wanted a girl...until I had 3 boys. DH is happy to have a LARGE family, as I am...but he says that whether 10 girls or 10 boys, it just doens't matter to him. I beg to differ. I think if we had all girls, he'd be desiring a boy. My mother is with the Lord and I would love to have that bond with a daughter.

zanacal
October 26th, 2011, 03:51 PM
For me! I don't think DH is too fussed - though I would love for him to have a daughter. I also feel it would bring more balance to our household and be good for my boys to have another female in the house (I'm SHOCKED by the stereotypes they've already got hold of about how different boys and girls are - I have such a battle on my hands!).

maybeoneday
October 26th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Primarily for me. I think my DH wants a girl more than he admits as if we have another boy, he won't want me to feel like I have let him down as well as fighting my own GD.

I also think it would be good for the boys to have a bit more female company and DS1 (he is only 3) keeps telling me he wants a baby sister. I always think you can spot the teenage boys with sisters, they are not totally freaked out by periods and boobs!!

DoulaMama
October 26th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Primarily for me. I think my DH wants a girl more than he admits as if we have another boy, he won't want me to feel like I have let him down as well as fighting my own GD.

I also think it would be good for the boys to have a bit more female company and DS1 (he is only 3) keeps telling me he wants a baby sister. I always think you can spot the teenage boys with sisters, they are not totally freaked out by periods and boobs!!

TOTALLY! I dated a guy with an older sis and he was so comfortable with that stuff! He bought tampons for me, got me hot packs when I had cramps:) It was sweet. My DH had to be trained a bit but he's pretty comfortable with that stuff too...so I guess as long as moms talk to their boys about this stuff, it won't be so "gross" when they come across it later in life...LOL

My oldest, 5.5, talks about his baby sister ALL THE TIME. He has wanted one since before DS3. It's very sweet:)

DoulaMama
October 26th, 2011, 04:15 PM
For me! I don't think DH is too fussed - though I would love for him to have a daughter. I also feel it would bring more balance to our household and be good for my boys to have another female in the house (I'm SHOCKED by the stereotypes they've already got hold of about how different boys and girls are - I have such a battle on my hands!).

My oldest came up to me and I asked out of the blue what he thought we were having. He said "Girl". And then he said...."but she won't have a vagina until she's a woman"....HAHAHAHAHA! I had to laugh a bit and asked him why he thought that. Well, I guess he thinks all babies will have a penis until it falls off sometime later in life! Ummm...I have no clue WHERE he got this from but we did talk about body parts quite a bit after that little chat session!

zanacal
October 26th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Mine are obsessed already - they sneak into my drawers to look at my pants and bras in fits of giggles and try to look at me when I'm in the shower or on the toilet. It freaks me out a little but I try to act perfectly normally - then DH gets home and is exactly the same!!

DoulaMama
October 26th, 2011, 04:33 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! Too funny!! Im really open too....although maybe TOO open...my kids have seen me change my tampons....all 3 get in the shower with me....I walk around naked in my room with them....LOL! I think they've seen so much va-j-j in their lives that I hope they won't be too weird about the girl having one too! Plus being a doula, they've watched birth videos from the time they were 1, so they've seen lots of body parts... ;)

maybeoneday
October 26th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I am pretty open with mine as well but they are still babies (3 and 1). I will definately be educating them though in the ways of women (with or without the help of a daughter!).

I have very vivid memories of the boys at school making mice out of tampons and throwing them round a classroom! Can't wait till I am surrounded by teenage boys!

Flava
October 26th, 2011, 05:03 PM
For me and for DH too. I know he would love to have a son. And after us there is his family too...he is the only son so if he don't have a boy no family name going on ect. Well looks like that is what going to happen. lol

Cinss
October 26th, 2011, 05:57 PM
In my situation, i only have 1 biological daughter, and DP has 3, so his GD for a son is greater than mine. I will be happy to have another daughter of my own, but i know DP will be dissapointed even though he says he wont.

My Fabulous Children
October 27th, 2011, 01:15 AM
For me and DH.

CapricornAquarius
October 27th, 2011, 07:11 AM
For me 100%, my husband could'nt care less, although Im so sure that hubby deep down has got to want a son, surely????

Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2 :giggle: & OMG Im :pregnant:

Plum3
October 27th, 2011, 07:37 AM
For DH mainly, but also me.

love being a mummy
October 27th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Mainly for my son, but also for me and DH.

purplepoet20
October 27th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I really thought it was for my MIL. Only having 1 child herself she really wanted a house full of grandkids. We see her a lot and she is very close to DS1 but you can see the sadness in her eyes when she looks at her step-granddaughter. I really wanted a girl for her and hubby would do anything for his mommy. She has so many heirlooms that belonged to her grandparents and parents that she wants to pass down to a girl. (Grandpa has War heirlooms for the boys) (sadly my neice isn't getting anything because her parents want to sale them)

I really don't have any of my old childhood keepsakes anymore (maybe a few). I have some fabrics that my greatgrandma bought for me but never was able to get around to making anything. I can't use them for anyone but my own little girl. I also have a locket my grandpa gave me for my 16th bday.

So I guess a girl for me and my MIL to fight over ;) Twins would be nice so we each get one!

purplepoet20
October 27th, 2011, 09:26 AM
My oldest came up to me and I asked out of the blue what he thought we were having. He said "Girl". And then he said...."but she won't have a vagina until she's a woman"....HAHAHAHAHA! I had to laugh a bit and asked him why he thought that. Well, I guess he thinks all babies will have a penis until it falls off sometime later in life! Ummm...I have no clue WHERE he got this from but we did talk about body parts quite a bit after that little chat session!

My boys shower with us and DS1 always looks at me and says "O no your penis is not there". He also likes to point at women in the store and say "you have mimis and I have a manly chest" he then growls and flexes his chest for them, always good for a laugh.

purplepoet20
October 27th, 2011, 09:38 AM
HAHAHAHA!!! Too funny!! Im really open too....although maybe TOO open...my kids have seen me change my tampons....all 3 get in the shower with me....I walk around naked in my room with them....LOL! I think they've seen so much va-j-j in their lives that I hope they won't be too weird about the girl having one too! Plus being a doula, they've watched birth videos from the time they were 1, so they've seen lots of body parts... ;)

My hubby grew up in a family like that... he is 30 1/2yo now and he still goes to the bathroom while his mom is in the shower. They talk and whatever, I have always wondered why people say it is gross and perverted because it is not. He doesn't look at his mom in any werid way he looks at her like she is fully dressed. I grew up in a family where my mother would yell at us girls if we saw her bra strap. I was so ashamed of my body that I never told her about needed a bra or tampons, my dad had to help me. I love what I am learning from hubbies family because they are so close and they can talk about anything. That is why my MIL was in the delivery room. My boys also shower with their grandparents.

DS1 is so cute when it comes to shaving... we told him mommies shave so they can be soft and comfy and dadas are hairy so they keep us warm.

Proud-Mummy26
October 27th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I think for both of us. While I would never be disappointed in having another girl I would be really disappointed that I never got the chance to experience raising a son. I really want my own little boy.

I think my DH is exactly the same, he adores his girls but I think deep down he would love having a boy.

My Fabulous Children
October 28th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Mainly for my son, but also for me and DH.

I forget to say for my son too!!!!

pinga
November 2nd, 2011, 11:18 PM
For me mainly although DH would love a girl too. I lost my mum when I was 24 and I feel that I never really got to develop that adult mother daughter relationship. I miss her so much and I long to have that mother daughter relationship some day.

Glittergirl
November 5th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Originally it was for DH--we're one of those opposite couples. ever since we met, HE stated he would love to have a daughter, I didn't. I always longed for a brother (we're all girls), and then when we got married I wanted boys....very very badly!!! So yeah, it's weird, I never felt I had to have a girl. Now that I got my sweet boys, I truly long for the daughter..not just for DH, but for me. In fact, dh said he would be fine with one last boy but I find lately that it's me who wants a daughter so badly. I hear so many rude comments how "boys just leave their families when they marry so you have to have a girl", "boys stick to their fathers when they get older so you need your little girl", "who will you go shopping with", etc etc etc and I think it finally got to me. I pray this bub is my long awaited girl!

envisioned
December 1st, 2011, 08:27 PM
All me. My DH is just happy to be able to have children period.
I personally think he's lying. What Dad doesn't want a son to go play baseball with?

begonia
December 1st, 2011, 11:28 PM
I personally think he's lying. What Dad doesn't want a son to go play baseball with?

Ditto. My DH is absolutely thrilled to have a third daughter. Because he's just genuinely thrilled to have another child. He has said yes he'd be happy to have a son, but he'd NEVER do anything to "pick" that. He said our 1st DD was the hard one for him when we heard "girl" at u/s, but since welcoming her into his life he just can't imagine caring again about not having a son because he loves her to pieces.

Even with our talks on adoption he doesn't like at all that I want a boy; he feels even in that process we should leave it up to whatever we're given. He's fine with us saying we prefer a boy ONLY because more boys are available in international adoptions. He shut me down so fast on the talks of HT.

So I'm with you. My DG is 100% for me. I've always wanted a son and I always will.

*ruby*
December 1st, 2011, 11:33 PM

I honestly think my husband would have been thrilled with 2 girls and would have had no problem with not having a son, he always wanted a little girl. Now that we have 2 boys he is very happy of course but he wants a girl just as much as me.

xokatietatie
December 28th, 2011, 07:03 PM
My DG is for me, more than anything... but also for my DH and 3DS. We ALL want so badly to have another girl in the house.

grasshopper
December 28th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Primarily for me...my DH would love a son but would rather just have our 2 daughters than keep having kids to get him. This baby is our last regardless of gender which I find hard...he also finds the idea of not having a son hard but I would def try again and again for our boy & he def will not.

Parents-In-Law also would love us to have a boy as we are the only ones to carry on the name.

Iris_star
December 29th, 2011, 04:33 AM
For me!! i would love a close mother daughter relationship with a girl like i have with my mum. i want her to love the things i love, fairies and butterflies lol. and all the pretty dresses and clothes. and her hair doing it all pretty etc. oh i could go on and on :( :( its just eating me up at the moment :(

shaven12
December 29th, 2011, 06:48 PM
DH primarily. He wants another son. I would love another son too but would be really happy for a healthy and happy boy or girl.

angel-pink
January 7th, 2012, 05:13 AM
me and my dh but mainly me i'm crazy for one

girlmom
January 7th, 2012, 04:24 PM
just 1 boy. i love my girls but their hearts belong to daddy

skrimpy
January 7th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Def for me.

gigi16
January 8th, 2012, 04:30 AM
I'm lucky my DG was achieved when I had my DD after our darling boys. Now my GD is for my DD to have a sister, but also my DS who is only 2, to get a brother close in age. His big brothers are 11 and 9 years older and don't have much in common with our littlest man.

sweetsister
January 8th, 2012, 02:10 PM
For me the most,i mean dh wants a girl too but hes happy with his 2 boys and would stop if i didnt keep naggin him to have a 3rd ,and also my boys are big time daddys boys well my first born is anyways :) i do feel outnumbered in a way.
Ive been laughing at all your comments on what your boys say when they see you naked mine do the same think asking where is your lil chicken (we call it) and look at me like awww poor mommy she doesnt have one so funny :wink:

3SmittensBOGOKittens
January 8th, 2012, 11:15 PM
The pressure is REALLY high on all sides of my family for me to have a girl. My hubby is the youngest of 3 boys, but my mother-in-law had a stillbirth of a baby girl before conceiving my hubby. She had an incompetent cervix and didn't know it, and they didn't know how to prevent that issue back then. So first, I want a baby girl for my in-laws who are in their 70s.

Then, we have 2 boys and they are such EXTREME mamas boys, that I really want my hubby to have a "daddy's girl" if it is possible. I know she may be a tomboy, but I am hoping she is a princess like I am. So swaying is also for my hubby.

Thirdly, my mom has unfortunately ALWAYS been biased and desperately begged for me to have a baby girl, because she wants me to have that mother-daughter bond that we have had. She was SO disappointed when I had boys, even though she tried to hide it.

Also, all of my friends in my moms groups have girls and they are always bragging all the time about dressing the girls up in cute outfits, so I made it my mission to make my boys the best-dressed EVER. I would love to finally be able to shop pink, though.

FINALLY, I just want a girl for myself because I have been through SO much in life that I overcame, and I always pictured having a baby princess from the moment I can remember (even as a teenager I wanted a family with at least 1 girl.) MMMMmmmm I hope it works out for all of us to get the desires of our hearts.

Princess of Pink
January 9th, 2012, 06:02 AM
It's always been all about me...DH wants another little girl...but I know he would love a son too...he just really wants another girl...he's a weirdo!! LOL