PDA

View Full Version : Had my HBAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roonarpia
October 26th, 2011, 07:07 PM
On September 22nd (5 days before my due date) at 4am I started feeling some contractions but I was able to sleep through them and they were about 20 minutes apart...then when it was time to get up for work at 6:30 they totally stopped. I got ready for work but was feeling really crabby and unhappy. I got my morning coffee but couldn't finish it and didn't feel like eating breakfast. Then around 9am I started having weird pressure pains, they were nothing like regular contractions but my BFF and co-worker pointed out that they seemed "time-able". They were really spaced out and still did not feel like contractions. They went from 40 mins to 20 to 15 to 10 then by around 2 they went to 2 minutes apart and changed to real (and really painful) contractions. I freaked out and kept saying "oh my god I waited too long", I was still at work so I called my hubby and my BFF/co-worker rushed me home. When I got home my water broke, or part of it did, so I went upstairs and my friend started a bath for me. I started having a lot of bloody show and felt a ton of pressure at this point. We called my midwife and doula and told them to hurry! My contractions got really close together and very strong so I just tried to breathe through each one but I was just very vocal and felt like pushing. My husband arrived home and shortly thereafter my midwife team and doula arrived as well, this was around 3 or 3:15. I started my Hypnobabies and labored a while leaning over pillows on my bed, on the birth stool, and just hanging onto my hubby. Then I started to go through the worst transition EVER! I wanted to get back in the bath, so I did but then I started to feel the same pinching in my cervix that I felt with my c-section and I told everyone that I wanted to transfer to the hospital. Everyone said I was doing great and that I could do it. My midwife gave me some homeopathic remedies and then a few minutes later I literally leaped out of the bath and ran to the toilet and started *really pushing. Then I got off the toilet and squatted down and started to feel him crown when I pushed. A few more pushes and he was born, at 4:17pm! 698 My midwife caught him and handed him to me and I sat down to see my beautiful SON! He was not breathing well and was very mucousy so my Midwife gave him a breath of CPR and he started to cry. He was blue but he was absolutely beautiful!!! I was so happy that my 3 daughters got picked up from school and made it there in time to see the whole thing, they were in love with him as well! My daughters shared the duty of clamping the cord and cutting it and we weighed him later after my placenta came out. 699 He weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces and he was 19 inches long, my perfect little man!

He is almost 5 weeks old now and nursing well and we are all so happy. Most of all I am SO proud of myself for having the HBAC that I wanted so desperately! Woohoo!

Hobbermittens
October 26th, 2011, 07:13 PM
CONGRATS on your sweet baby BOY!! You must be over the moon!:DS:

threeatlast
October 26th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Congratulations what a beautiful outcome :)

KnockYourBallsOff
October 26th, 2011, 07:16 PM
How amazing!!! Congrats in every way!!

DoulaMama
October 26th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Oh my goodness!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR HBAC!!!! How wonderful Roon!!! I am absolutely thrilled for you!!! I have been thinking about you for awhile now, wondering how the birth went....hoping that it went well....and this update is so amazing!!! It feels amazing doesn't it!!!??? I love birthing my babies at home:) Such a peaceful setting and to have your family involved is so wonderful!
My third was pretty blue at birth too but as long as that placenta is still pumping all that oxygenated blood into them....they usually pink up pretty fast:) I can't wait to see pics of your new little man! Lots of love! xoxoxo

love being a mummy
October 26th, 2011, 07:41 PM
What a wonderful birth story thanks for sharing. Congratulations xx

DoulaMama
October 26th, 2011, 07:58 PM
BEAUTIFUL pictures! I love how your daughter is just right in there!!! You look so in love, Roon:) He is absolutely gorgeous!!! I can't wait to (hopefully) share my homebirth story in 25 weeks time:) xoxoxo

nuthinbutpink
October 26th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Congratulations!

Flava
October 26th, 2011, 08:36 PM
http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1537/1537931kqky7a0imx.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Myloves
October 26th, 2011, 11:53 PM
CONGRATS!!

TTC5
October 27th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Oh we have all been busting to hear from you!!

He is just beautiful!!!!! Well done so very happy for you :D

My Fabulous Children
October 27th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Congratulations on your beautiful boy!! Well done.

ELP
October 27th, 2011, 05:23 AM
He is absolutely gooorgeous!! Well done to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

zanacal
October 27th, 2011, 05:28 AM
An amazing birth and a beautiful little boy - many congratulations!

Plum3
October 27th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Congratulations!! What a wonderful birth!! And your son is absolutely gorgeous!

3Pink1Blue
October 27th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Congrats Roonarpia!!! What a great story and he's just gorgeous!!

LolaInLove
October 27th, 2011, 10:06 AM
What an amazing story, Roon! You both look so gorgeous! Congratulations, so proud of you that you had the HBAC!!!!!!!!!

nicnee1976
October 27th, 2011, 12:08 PM
He's a little stunner isn't he? Congrats to you all. Well done on the HBAC. I'm a huge advocate of home births after having 2 myself and hoping to have this one at home. I truly believe your body knows what to do and you should let it get on with it with as little intervention as possible. I can't believe you were working up until 39 weeks! I finished last week at 34 weeks!!

queen-of-harts
October 27th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Omg! I am so proud of you and happy for you and your family.Your little boy is beautiful and so are the pics.Enjoy him!!

Foxy
October 27th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Amazing pics! Well done mama! Congratulations on your little man and getting your HBAC! He is beautiful! :)

charlieispy
October 27th, 2011, 03:55 PM
congratulations what an amazing birth story and what beautiful photos x congrats on your baby boy - so lovely to see you daughter there too i hope mine can experience the same thing (just a sister ;) )

skrimpy
October 28th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Oh Roon he is so gorgeous!! And what an awesome birth story - you did so well mama! I love all the pics, how special for your family.

purplepoet20
October 28th, 2011, 03:02 PM
He's so cute!

Roonarpia
October 31st, 2011, 06:14 PM
Thank you So much ladies! I am so over the moon! I am also very proud of myself for achieving the HBAC, it sure feels wonderful :) Thanks to all of you who gave me advice and supported me through this process, you are just a blessing. I can't wait to hear an update from you doulamama!

Bumblebee
November 2nd, 2011, 10:01 AM
wow amazing! very many congratulations on the birth of your baby boy!!