PDA

View Full Version : Did I ruin my girl sway because of anxiety?

Imama
September 11th, 2017, 05:41 AM
Hi Ladies,
I'm 8 weeks pregnant. I swayed for a girl since January. I had two miscarriages in a row in May and June, in July I get BFP. I know what is done is done but I'm curious if anxiety around ovulation could ruined my sway? I stressed a lot not about my sway but after those miscarriages I worry if everything will be ok with my baby, pregnancy etc. I really couldn't sleep well and focused on everything till BFP. Can it hugely affect my sway?
I will add my girl sway after second ultrasound (in one week).but in short: I had one attempt, j&d, LE diet, Clomid, repHresh. We're very fertile so I think that will be Boy#3.

atomic sagebrush
September 11th, 2017, 12:24 PM
No. If anything, stress/anxiety of that sort only sways pink and this has been proven in studies. I was a complete stress ball when I conceived my daughter. The kind of "stress" (and I use that term very loosely since it's really another feeling all together) that may possibly sway blue is self-inflicted, control-freaky stress like you get from doing a big exciting project, and not tension and worry from having losses.

Good luck and pink dust!

Imama
September 11th, 2017, 03:03 PM
What a relief! Thank you so much Atomic

Meg1612
September 14th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Hi Imama! Congratulations! I'm in a similar situation to you in that i had a Mc at the beginning of august followed by a chemical with no AF in between and im trying to work out whether it's best to ttc again as soon as possible or have a month off! Did you get AF between any of your losses? Hope everything goes smoothly for you this time around x

Imama
September 15th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Hi Imama! Congratulations! I'm in a similar situation to you in that i had a Mc at the beginning of august followed by a chemical with no AF in between and im trying to work out whether it's best to ttc again as soon as possible or have a month off! Did you get AF between any of your losses? Hope everything goes smoothly for you this time around x

Meghanburt thank you! I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I decided to wait and get AF and then I took Clomid cd 3-7. I'm 8 weeks now and everything seems to be okay. Whatever you choose I think there's no connection between early TTC after miscarriage but my doc recommended me to wait for AF. I also get Clomid from my friend and wanted to try. Good luck [emoji171]

Meg1612
September 15th, 2017, 07:18 AM
Thankyou for replying! My doctor is useless he doesn't care about anything so he definitely wouldn't give me clomid, do you mean you bought the clomid rather than had it prescribed? My tests have only Just gone negative and my doctor said well it could be eptopic come back at 8 weeks if you have any pain which wasn't overly reassuring! He's told me to wait but for one AF but considering he is such an a*s anyway I wanted some real advice from people who have been through it so thankyou for sharing with me x

Imama
September 16th, 2017, 04:02 AM
Thankyou for replying! My doctor is useless he doesn't care about anything so he definitely wouldn't give me clomid, do you mean you bought the clomid rather than had it prescribed? My tests have only Just gone negative and my doctor said well it could be eptopic come back at 8 weeks if you have any pain which wasn't overly reassuring! He's told me to wait but for one AF but considering he is such an a*s anyway I wanted some real advice from people who have been through it so thankyou for sharing with me x

I have had Clomid from my friend. My OBgyn also wouldn't prescribed it (only after one year of TTC!) so I get it from another source. My friend had 10 pills 50mg left from her last fertility treatment. I was lucky to have it because I know it isn't simple. Did you ask Atomic? She advised my a lot.

Kazzzz
April 12th, 2022, 02:21 AM
I have had Clomid from my friend. My OBgyn also wouldn't prescribed it (only after one year of TTC!) so I get it from another source. My friend had 10 pills 50mg left from her last fertility treatment. I was lucky to have it because I know it isn't simple. Did you ask Atomic? She advised my a lot.

Hey did you end up with a boy or girl? I also have a lot of anxiety but its not due to loses its just general anxiety i have 3 boys so it alone didn't sway pink for me lol

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Kazzz, one thing we are much more proactive about now is doing the alternate diet for anyone who's had an opposite. This one thing alone will help, so don't get hung up on anxiety. People simply end up replacing anxiety, with anxiety over having anxiety, which is typically worse (because not only are you worrying, but you're worried about how much you're worrying too!)

You have changes you can make. Let's focus on what we CAN change, because no one has ever been able to worry their way out of having anxiety.

BTW - she says she had a boy, but that appears to have only been after an early ultrasound and is not reliable.

Walkerbabies
October 20th, 2022, 03:19 AM
Hi been reading this thread and I'm glad to see that anxiety doesn't really affect swaying. Or isn't it the other way around - swaying leads to anxiety? I haven't been swaying but just wanted to come in and show my appreciation for this post. I'm about to undergo my second round of IVF or at least planning to, and I'm thinking of adding in PGD, more for the embryo's health aside from knowing the gender. I suppose that's important considering I'm already 46. But then again I will be using donor eggs. Good luck on your pregnancy and I wish you all around good health!

atomic sagebrush
October 21st, 2022, 03:37 PM
Don't worry about swaying stuff when you're going IVF, it doesn't make any difference.

Just to shed some light, we see that even with an otherwise good sway, women who are super control freakish and anxiety ridden to an extreme level, often have boys even with otherwise good sways. That's what people are referring to in this thread. It has no bearing on outcome of an IVF round though. And it seems to be both cause AND effect, where people doing a sway diet, exercise, etc often notice they chill out over time, but at the same time people who completely give in to being a control freak and micromanage everything about their sway often see it get worse with swaying.