PDA

View Full Version : GSN

sassafras
January 11th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Hi Dr. Potter! My question is about the false positive rate with the GSN technology. Is it similar to the false positive rate with the 5 probe? It seems that it would be higher due to testing all of the chromosomes, but I thought I remembered you saying that it was actually lower and just wanted to clarify. Thanks!

mybluepilot
January 11th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Great question I am planning on GSN and curious to see the answer to that

Dr. Potter
January 13th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Hi Dr. Potter! My question is about the false positive rate with the GSN technology. Is it similar to the false positive rate with the 5 probe? It seems that it would be higher due to testing all of the chromosomes, but I thought I remembered you saying that it was actually lower and just wanted to clarify. Thanks!It is about 10x lower than 5 probe. Remember with GSN we are looking at more chromosomes but we are using much more accurate technology. 5 Probe is looking for the presence or absence of a single region on each of the chromosomes whereas GNS is looking at 360,000 different areas with parental support to further clarify the data.

sassafras
January 13th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks Dr. Potter!

snowflowr82
July 7th, 2011, 02:25 AM
What exactly is GSN? is this the 24 probe? sorry just confused a lil...

mybluepilot
July 7th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Yes GSN is 24 chromosome testing GL

CrystalTipps
July 7th, 2011, 04:18 AM
I have a question about GSN. One of my kids has a deletion on Chromosome 16. Is this something that GSN would pick up? We are using donor eggs so am not worried about having another child with this condition, I am just curious. Thanks!

Dr. Potter
July 8th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I have a question about GSN. One of my kids has a deletion on Chromosome 16. Is this something that GSN would pick up? We are using donor eggs so am not worried about having another child with this condition, I am just curious. Thanks!Usually it would pick up a clinically significant deletion. It depends on the size and location though.