PDA

View Full Version : Subchorionic Hemorrhage (hematoma) more common in boy pregnancies?

mal68912
September 29th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Hey ladies! This may be an odd question, but does anyone know if a subchorionic hemorrhage is more common with women carrying boys? I recently found out that I have one, and only know a few people personally who have had it as well who all had boys. I know you can get them with girl pregnancies, but is it more common for boy pregnancies? There was a gal on my birthboard that said her Dr. said there's something with the male hormone that can trigger these more often? Just wondering if anyone knew? Atomic? Do you know anything about this? Thought this was interesting.

XXforhubby
September 29th, 2017, 03:58 PM
I had one with my DS3 and one with my DD in addition to her having a vanishing twin.

I don’t think so. It is something that happens when the embryo implants on or very close to one of the vessels in your uterus. Apparently, this is very common but I had never heard of such a think prior to my DS3.

I hope your resolves very quickly so you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy without worry!

[emoji170]8/2010 [emoji170]6/2013 [emoji170]11/2015 [emoji170]
[emoji178]Baby Girl [emoji254]EDD 9/30/2017 [emoji178]

https://lmtm.lilypie.com/kIlmm5.png (https://lilypie.com)

ksmom
September 29th, 2017, 04:56 PM
I feel like I've seen more girl pregnancies with it. lol I don't think it's gender related though. Not sure how there would be a correlation between the two. I hope yours goes away and your pregnancy continues on uneventfully.

TaytumJ
September 30th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Following for the simple fact that I have one right now! (And fairly large according to my OB)

mal68912
October 1st, 2017, 11:14 AM
Thanks ladies. I sure hope it resolves too. My Dr. sounded confident it would!

atomic sagebrush
October 2nd, 2017, 01:11 PM
Not that I'm aware of, and in fact I know scads of ladies who have had them with girl pregnancies. People actually ask me fairly regularly if they're more common among girls.

Even if it's true (according to some study probably done in 1981 and never repeated) the doctor is mistaken/misleading because most SCH happen in early pregnancy and the Y chromosome is DORMANT till the 10th week and not even making male hormones till that point. So it doesn't follow logically that anything to do with "male hormones" is causing them.

mal68912
October 2nd, 2017, 10:35 PM
Not that I'm aware of, and in fact I know scads of ladies who have had them with girl pregnancies. People actually ask me fairly regularly if they're more common among girls.

Even if it's true (according to some study probably done in 1981 and never repeated) the doctor is mistaken/misleading because most SCH happen in early pregnancy and the Y chromosome is DORMANT till the 10th week and not even making male hormones till that point. So it doesn't follow logically that anything to do with "male hormones" is causing them.

Thanks Atomic! Yeah, I've actually been seeing a lot of moms on my birth board carrying girls that have them or have had them with girls. But then there's quite a good number carrying boys too. That's interesting about the Y chromosome and male hormones! I had no idea the Y chromosome was dormant until then.

Samish
October 3rd, 2017, 11:15 AM
Ahh- SCH is bleeding near sac? I don't have any vaginal bleeding but my doctor saw one outside sac during my scans at 5th and 7th week. She prescribed progesterone for 40 days.

I hope that is not what SCH is, because I am swaying blue and as atomic said it is more common with moms carrying girls. :(

Mommy2apples
October 3rd, 2017, 02:17 PM
Samish don't sweat it you have a good chance at boy, as my sister had one with her boy, and dh's cousin had one with her boy

2003 [emoji1349]2009 [emoji1407] 2012 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] 2018[emoji120] for a [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family! [emoji7]

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

mal68912
October 3rd, 2017, 04:06 PM
Ahh- SCH is bleeding near sac? I don't have any vaginal bleeding but my doctor saw one outside sac during my scans at 5th and 7th week. She prescribed progesterone for 40 days.

I hope that is not what SCH is, because I am swaying blue and as atomic said it is more common with moms carrying girls. :(

Yeah, I wouldn't sweat it! The only people I know who have/had an SCH are carrying/carried boys! And there's quite a few moms on my birth boards who are carrying girls with it too. So I really just think it's something anyone can get! Praying for Blue for you!

Samish
October 3rd, 2017, 04:22 PM
Thank you Mommy2apple and Mai <3

I never knew bleeding outside sac is called SCH. Just got one more thing to scroll on Internet. I don't know, i think worrying about everything related to this pregnancy has become my hobby these days :s

May be this is the reason, why I am super angry these days. My husband is avoiding any arguments lol. I mean, my 4 years old and 16 months old were just playing and screaming and it made me so mad!! after shouting at him for like 5 mints I felt so bad and just hugged them and said sorry and than I just cried for no reason!! I am crazy I know!

mal68912
October 3rd, 2017, 04:34 PM
Just part of being pregnant sometimes! I have my days, but when I have my really irritable/angry days I feel awful! Poor DH of mine gets the short end of the stick on that one :/

atomic sagebrush
October 4th, 2017, 09:21 PM
That is TOTALLY part of being pregnant! :heart:

atomic sagebrush
October 4th, 2017, 09:24 PM

I didn't say that!! People ASK me if it is! The original poster was saying she wondered if it was more common with boys, and I said no because I've seen people carrying girls who have them and lots of people ask me if it's more common with girls.

TaytumJ
October 5th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Samish - I know plenty of people with SCH and carrying boys (XX on here!). I have one too and hoping it’s a boy as well! [emoji170]

Samish
October 5th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Thank you so much ❤️

Momof5kiddos
November 22nd, 2019, 02:06 PM
I know this is an old post, but I found this study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21395080

"The patients with SCH delivered female fetuses more frequently"

But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's because girl fetuses are "stronger" so more likely to survive the SCH.

(SCH does increase risk of loss, according to that study: "More SCH patients lost the pregnancy before 22 weeks gestation when Compared to the control group, 39.02% vs. 15.3%" and "About 40% of pregnancies with SCH are lost before 22 weeks gestation")

The study is from 2010.

atomic sagebrush
November 22nd, 2019, 02:38 PM
Thanks for sharing it!

Some of these studies, while interesting, have such small sample sizes I hesitate to extrapolate from them but yes that's what I would assume as well - if as is believed girls are hardier and as is proven need less nutrition even in the womb, then it only goes to make sense that more would survive SCH as well.

LMSM
November 22nd, 2019, 03:28 PM
My #2&3 were both pregnancies with SCH...girls and definitely strong and stubborn haha ! :) ( but then had no SCH with #1 and she’s a girl, strong and stubborn AF too haha)

XXforhubby
November 22nd, 2019, 03:37 PM
I had a SCH with my third son only. My daughter had a vanishing twin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk