PDA

View Full Version : Help to ttc a healthy boy after late mmc

DreamingRainbow
October 4th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Hi all. I have just come across this site and hoping for some advice.
I have just suffered a mmc at 17 weeks - a baby boy. I have 2 healthy girls.
I had my 1st girl then a mmc at 10+4 (d&c afterwards). Then my 2nd baby girl, then a mc at 10+3 in Feb 2017 (cytotec taken afterwards). And now a mmc at 17+3 (I gave birth to our 1st son at the weekend)

We are beyond devastated as we wanted to have 3 children close in age and with each mmc, it pushes that dream further and further away. I don't understand why this has happened and midwives seem to think it's just bad luck as I have 2 healthy full term girls.

I know it seems crazy to be even considering ttc but I need to have some control in this nightmare and something to focus on.

Can u recommend any vitamins etc to take and anything else to sway a boy bfp?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

ksmom
October 4th, 2017, 09:17 AM
I'm so very sorry for your losses. What a terrible thing to go through. Usually for blue sways, prenatal vitamins are recommended. The HE diet is what the blue swayers here do (high fat, protein, three meals a day plus snacks in between). Stick with full fat dairy, healthy fats, meat is good too. Here's a link to the TTC BOY forum: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-boy/
Atomic is THE person to ask for questions but many of us here are happy to help if need be.

Lots of blue dust to you! I have plenty and surely don't need it anymore. Best of luck.

Throwaway_panther
October 4th, 2017, 10:00 AM
I am so, so sorry for your losses.

For what it's worth, in my opinion I would try and see an RE. I know they say that two to three losses in a row is the problem, but with three late miscarriages I would be definitely pushing for testing. Two healthy girls is great, but as I've learned, doesn't mean there isn't still a problem.

I also don't think you're crazy at all. I definitely relate to wanting the control over TTC, especially after loss. I also empathize with dreams of child spacing disappearing because of losses :(

DreamingRainbow
October 4th, 2017, 11:59 AM
I am so, so sorry for your losses.

For what it's worth, in my opinion I would try and see an RE. I know they say that two to three losses in a row is the problem, but with three late miscarriages I would be definitely pushing for testing. Two healthy girls is great, but as I've learned, doesn't mean there isn't still a problem.

I also don't think you're crazy at all. I definitely relate to wanting the control over TTC, especially after loss. I also empathize with dreams of child spacing disappearing because of losses :(Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Whats an RE?
The 1st 2 mmc's were in the 1st trimester so are still classed as early losses. This last one at 17w is a late loss and so enables me to attend the miscarriage clinic (because it was mc #3 that also qualifies me to attend the mc clinic)
However, my appointment is not until end January!! This is just too far away for me to not have any answers and to delay ttc. We refused an autopsy on our baby so all testing will be from me.

I hope to meet with my hospital consultant and for him to advise what testing (bloods I assume) to get done. My gp has agreed to send me for these tests but wants the consultant to advise what to test for.

My only other option is to see a fertility clinic which is crazy expensive here.

We don't have issues conceiving thank God but there seems to be some other issue, especially with me carrying each miscarriage longer than the last. But my consultant when he confirmed no hb he said it's nothing I did or didn't do, it's just bad luck! We did some genetic testing for downs syndrome, tistomy 21 and Edwards syndrome (this is done at 11/12weeks by bloods and scan) - results were all clear.

Obviously we want a healthy baby but if possible id like to try sway for a little boy. Do you know what vitamins I should take? I'm sorry for rambling !

DreamingRainbow
October 4th, 2017, 12:02 PM
I'm so very sorry for your losses. What a terrible thing to go through. Usually for blue sways, prenatal vitamins are recommended. The HE diet is what the blue swayers here do (high fat, protein, three meals a day plus snacks in between). Stick with full fat dairy, healthy fats, meat is good too. Here's a link to the TTC BOY forum: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-boy/
Atomic is THE person to ask for questions but many of us here are happy to help if need be.

Lots of blue dust to you! I have plenty and surely don't need it anymore. Best of luck.Thank you for replying and sending me the link. I'll have a read through and hopefully find a list of vitamins to take - I assume they're noted in the link? Thanks again

atomic sagebrush
October 5th, 2017, 02:22 PM
I'm so sorry, have they recommended any testing??? I think you need to have some tests run because there may be an underlying issue going on that could be easily corrected and will prevent this from happening in the future. This needs to include a thyroid test to be sure you do not have any thyroid problems going on.

atomic sagebrush
October 5th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Thank you for replying and sending me the link. I'll have a read through and hopefully find a list of vitamins to take - I assume they're noted in the link? Thanks again

There's all sorts of stuff in there, let me go over them real quick so you don't have to go hunting.

You and hubby need a multivitamin WITHOUT megadoses of anything (other than Vit. D, which you can have up to 1000 IU and that will help your sway) and without any weird herbs in them. I like Women's One a Day - this is not a prenatal but has equal or better nutrients to prenatals, and men's over 50 One a Day for him, even though he's not over 50 it has a nice breakdown of nutrients in that.

1000 IU Vit. D if it is not in your multivitamin

DHA supp or fish oil designed for pregancy (you can give this to your husband too) I'd stick with 500 mg a day or less.

IF at any point in time the docs do testing and find that you have a thyroid problem or clotting disorder you will need to talk to them about what vitamin they want you on, since thyroid patients cannot have iodine and clotting disorder sufferers should not take folic acid and need Folate only.

I would add in folate 1000-1200 mcg on top of what is in the One a Day. Don't do any extra folic acid, take folate. AT the end of the first trimester wean off this gradually till you're down to the amount in a prenatal.

Probiotic of some sort for both you and DH. Continue thru pregnancy

Coq10 (ubiquinol is best if you can afford it) 200 IU a day for you, 100 for DH, at BFP gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then drop.

I do not want you guys to take ANYTHING beyond that. I do not want you taking anything that purports to "raise testosterone"

DreamingRainbow
October 5th, 2017, 03:34 PM
I'm so sorry, have they recommended any testing??? I think you need to have some tests run because there may be an underlying issue going on that could be easily corrected and will prevent this from happening in the future. This needs to include a thyroid test to be sure you do not have any thyroid problems going on.Hi atomic. I'm learning you are the guru to go to? [emoji4]
On my pregnancy with my 2nd daughter they discovered hyperthyroidism and I have been on eltroxin since then (2015). With each pregnancy they have increased my dosage of eltroxin. I'm hoping this hasn't caused an issue?!

Luckily my consultant at maternity hospital has agreed to take me on as a patient (rather than me go to the miscarriage clinic) so I have an app early Nov to have blood taken (21 vials apparently!) He is still of the opinion that it's just very bad luck as I have 2 healthy full term girls.

Can you please advise what vitamins etc I should be taking?

Also, am I correct that I pay a $12 annual membership here and I can view the HE diet ? If yes, how and where can I pay to become a member please?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

DreamingRainbow
October 6th, 2017, 08:00 AM
Hi atomic. Thanks so much for your advice . I hope to get to the health food shop this evening.
Re the fish oils I have this "seven seas pure cod liver oil" which also has omega etc. I assume this is ok to take?
Have dh on a daily multi vit. Not sure if I'll get him to take anything else.
I do have a thyroid issue but it's managed with medication so I assume it's fine for me to take the vits?
Thanks again.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171006/a2a2169b4082817d6daa67f3c1aeb7ac.jpg

Throwaway_panther
October 6th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Hi atomic. Thanks so much for your advice . I hope to get to the health food shop this evening.
Re the fish oils I have this "seven seas pure cod liver oil" which also has omega etc. I assume this is ok to take?
Have dh on a daily multi vit. Not sure if I'll get him to take anything else.
I do have a thyroid issue but it's managed with medication so I assume it's fine for me to take the vits?
Thanks again.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171006/a2a2169b4082817d6daa67f3c1aeb7ac.jpg

Don't take any vitamins within several hours of your thyroid meds!

DreamingRainbow
October 6th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Don't take any vitamins within several hours of your thyroid meds!Hi @throwaway_panther, Oh really? Do u know why? I take my thyroid meds at bedtime so I assume it's ok to take vits during the day?

DreamingRainbow
October 7th, 2017, 10:29 AM
There's all sorts of stuff in there, let me go over them real quick so you don't have to go hunting.

You and hubby need a multivitamin WITHOUT megadoses of anything (other than Vit. D, which you can have up to 1000 IU and that will help your sway) and without any weird herbs in them. I like Women's One a Day - this is not a prenatal but has equal or better nutrients to prenatals, and men's over 50 One a Day for him, even though he's not over 50 it has a nice breakdown of nutrients in that.

1000 IU Vit. D if it is not in your multivitamin

DHA supp or fish oil designed for pregancy (you can give this to your husband too) I'd stick with 500 mg a day or less.

IF at any point in time the docs do testing and find that you have a thyroid problem or clotting disorder you will need to talk to them about what vitamin they want you on, since thyroid patients cannot have iodine and clotting disorder sufferers should not take folic acid and need Folate only.

I would add in folate 1000-1200 mcg on top of what is in the One a Day. Don't do any extra folic acid, take folate. AT the end of the first trimester wean off this gradually till you're down to the amount in a prenatal.

Probiotic of some sort for both you and DH. Continue thru pregnancy

Coq10 (ubiquinol is best if you can afford it) 200 IU a day for you, 100 for DH, at BFP gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then drop.

I do not want you guys to take ANYTHING beyond that. I do not want you taking anything that purports to "raise testosterone"Hi atomic sagebrush,
I have a few other queries I'm hoping you could help me with if you get time?

So I've gotten almost all of what you have recommended-
•Multi vit for dh and I (his is 50+ & mine is Centrum women)
• coq-10 200mg
• pro biotic (acidophilus)
• vitamin d 1000
•I'm struggling to get Folate but I do have folic acid (400 mcg)- should i take these (or even 2 or 3 of them daily?)
•I had started taking epo but reading on your site I now think I shouldn't as it sways pink?
•I have the seven seas "high strength cod liver oil" - picture of nutrient content attached. Is this the right fish oil to take?
•should I be taking anything else?

I've been reading your site for the past few days and I'm a bit confused with regards to dtd.
On my 2 daughters (id never heard of swaying before this week!) we dtd every 2nd or 3rd day for about 2 weeks. On my 2nd daughter I also used preseed as wanted to get pregnant asap after my 1st missed miscarriage.

But reading your site doing the above seems to sway for boy and I have 2 girls.

We are going to ttc in Nov but I understand it may not happen in Nov due to recent miscarriage. I hope doing the diet and taking our vits for the next 4-6 weeks will help us sway blue.
What do you recommend 're dtd though? Should we dtd every 3-4 days starting now? Should we use protection until I get a positive opk then dtd that night and next 2 nights? Should I use preseed?
I'm a bit confused from reading various discussions on here so any advice or recommendations u can make id really appreciate it. Thanks again x
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171007/628cd98f180846c579b4c7e9593fdc88.jpg

DreamingRainbow
October 7th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Hi atomic sagebrush,
I have a few other queries I'm hoping you could help me with if you get time?

So I've gotten almost all of what you have recommended-
•Multi vit for dh and I (his is 50+ & mine is Centrum women)
• coq-10 200mg
• pro biotic (acidophilus)
• vitamin d 1000
•I'm struggling to get Folate but I do have folic acid (400 mcg)- should i take these (or even 2 or 3 of them daily?)
•I had started taking epo but reading on your site I now think I shouldn't as it sways pink?
•I have the seven seas "high strength cod liver oil" - picture of nutrient content attached. Is this the right fish oil to take?
•should I be taking anything else?

I've been reading your site for the past few days and I'm a bit confused with regards to dtd.
On my 2 daughters (id never heard of swaying before this week!) we dtd every 2nd or 3rd day for about 2 weeks. On my 2nd daughter I also used preseed as wanted to get pregnant asap after my 1st missed miscarriage.

But reading your site doing the above seems to sway for boy and I have 2 girls.

We are going to ttc in Nov but I understand it may not happen in Nov due to recent miscarriage. I hope doing the diet and taking our vits for the next 4-6 weeks will help us sway blue.
What do you recommend 're dtd though? Should we dtd every 3-4 days starting now? Should we use protection until I get a positive opk then dtd that night and next 2 nights? Should I use preseed?
I'm a bit confused from reading various discussions on here so any advice or recommendations u can make id really appreciate it. Thanks again x
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171007/628cd98f180846c579b4c7e9593fdc88.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkHi @atomic,

Another question sorry- just read a post here about a girl swaying blue (&confirmed she is having a boy) she took calcium, magnesium, potassium & 1 other thing I can't remember vits. Would u recommend I take these also? Thanks

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Hi atomic. I'm learning you are the guru to go to? [emoji4]
On my pregnancy with my 2nd daughter they discovered hyperthyroidism and I have been on eltroxin since then (2015). With each pregnancy they have increased my dosage of eltroxin. I'm hoping this hasn't caused an issue?!

Luckily my consultant at maternity hospital has agreed to take me on as a patient (rather than me go to the miscarriage clinic) so I have an app early Nov to have blood taken (21 vials apparently!) He is still of the opinion that it's just very bad luck as I have 2 healthy full term girls.

Can you please advise what vitamins etc I should be taking?

Also, am I correct that I pay a $12 annual membership here and I can view the HE diet ? If yes, how and where can I pay to become a member please?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The $12 is great if you want to support the site but you can view the HE Diet here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-boy/16806-high-everything-diet-nutshell-version.html If you do choose to purchase a Dream Membership then just go to the top of the page where it says membership and plans and click that and it's all pretty self-explanatory.

Since you're on thryoid meds you need to talk to your doc about whether or not to take iodine. It's in most prenatals but thyroid people should not always (or even usually) take it. That is beyond my pay grade so I want you to consult the docs on that one. :)

Thyroid patients do tend to suffer more losses than the population as a whole and they may need to tweak your meds a little differently in future. I think it's great you're getting further testing done and I'll be able to advise more at that point about supplements.

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Hi @atomic,

Another question sorry- just read a post here about a girl swaying blue (&confirmed she is having a boy) she took calcium, magnesium, potassium & 1 other thing I can't remember vits. Would u recommend I take these also? Thanks

As a general rule I like you guys to just make it easy and get a multi that works for you that has that stuff in it. Personally I got boys taking calcium and stuff and then I dropped it to get ny girl - but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I like you guys to get potassium via diet instead of supps but one per day doesn't hurt anything. No more than 1 99 mg potassium per day though.

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2017, 01:26 PM
That is A LOT of fish oil. I would very much prefer 500 mg total or less.

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2017, 01:32 PM
I don't want you to take folic acid till those tests are back. Folate only till the blood work is done in case you have a MTHFR mutation (this makes folic acid harmful for you)

Please talk to your doc about the Centrum first because of the thyroid medication. That is beyond my ability to advise and I want to be sure you're not taking something that could harm you (since it does have iodine in it)

Just BD every 2-3 days means you can end up with just one attempt in the fertile window. So in addition to those attempts, be sure you try for 2-3 more attempts at or around your positive OPK/ovulation time. 2 and especially 3 attempts in the fertile window has been blue friendly for us.

Preseed only if you don't have a good amount of EWCM.

DreamingRainbow
October 8th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I don't want you to take folic acid till those tests are back. Folate only till the blood work is done in case you have a MTHFR mutation (this makes folic acid harmful for you)

Please talk to your doc about the Centrum first because of the thyroid medication. That is beyond my ability to advise and I want to be sure you're not taking something that could harm you (since it does have iodine in it)

Just BD every 2-3 days means you can end up with just one attempt in the fertile window. So in addition to those attempts, be sure you try for 2-3 more attempts at or around your positive OPK/ovulation time. 2 and especially 3 attempts in the fertile window has been blue friendly for us.

Preseed only if you don't have a good amount of EWCM.Atomic - thank you! [emoji10]
I am so lost since my mmc and doing this research and planning helps me feel like I have a tiny amount of control!
Thanks for all the advice and recommendations.
I have found folate in a health food shop which I'll get tomorrow. They have 400ug and 1000ug but I'll get the 400 and take 2 daily as Centrum has 300ug folic acid in it.
I have app to have my thyroid bloods taken tomorrow so my gp will have those results in a few days. I'll ask him then about centrum.

I'll report back anything that my bloods show. Im now off to google MTHFR [emoji848]!
I have app in maternity hospital early nov. However, I'm not sure how long those bloods take to come back (bloods will be taken 6th Nov) - everything seems to be much slower here in Ireland compared to the states! Also, if I'm lucky enough, I'll be pregnant before these test results come back.

I am delighted to be able to contribute to the running of this site! I can't seem to find the membership button? Maybe it's because I'm looking on my phone?

're dtd - is there any truth in a girl sway if conceive before having 1 af post mc?
I have ordered some cheapie opk's but I understand it's highly likely 1st ovulation post mc is anovulatory. Still hoping for nov.

Thanks again atomic.

DreamingRainbow
October 9th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Atomic - thank you! [emoji10]
I am so lost since my mmc and doing this research and planning helps me feel like I have a tiny amount of control!
Thanks for all the advice and recommendations.
I have found folate in a health food shop which I'll get tomorrow. They have 400ug and 1000ug but I'll get the 400 and take 2 daily as Centrum has 300ug folic acid in it.
I have app to have my thyroid bloods taken tomorrow so my gp will have those results in a few days. I'll ask him then about centrum.

I'll report back anything that my bloods show. Im now off to google MTHFR [emoji848]!
I have app in maternity hospital early nov. However, I'm not sure how long those bloods take to come back (bloods will be taken 6th Nov) - everything seems to be much slower here in Ireland compared to the states! Also, if I'm lucky enough, I'll be pregnant before these test results come back.

I am delighted to be able to contribute to the running of this site! I can't seem to find the membership button? Maybe it's because I'm looking on my phone?

're dtd - is there any truth in a girl sway if conceive before having 1 af post mc?
I have ordered some cheapie opk's but I understand it's highly likely 1st ovulation post mc is anovulatory. Still hoping for nov.

Thanks again atomic.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkHi atomic,
I got the folate 400ug so I'll 2 of them daily. The Centrum has 300ug folic acid so that'll give me 1100ug daily?

I also purchased lower dose fish oil today which gives me 350mg fish oil. It also contains vit E (pic attached) is that ok to take?

Thanks.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171009/f34cc314779be2a3dc02ecbc1ccfd336.jpg

atomic sagebrush
October 10th, 2017, 02:45 PM
The conventional wisdom is that first cycle after a loss does sway pink. It's not set in stone, and you can do a lot to make up for it. I am a little worried that maybe you should wait for the outcome of the tests though in case you could potentially set yourself up for another loss if there is some issue at play here.

The membership button is at the top of the page, it's a blue bar that has several options in it. I'll post a link though.

atomic sagebrush
October 10th, 2017, 02:45 PM
That fish oil is much better! That small amount of E is ok.

atomic sagebrush
October 10th, 2017, 02:46 PM
https://genderdreaming.com/forum/payments.php

DreamingRainbow
October 12th, 2017, 10:53 AM
https://genderdreaming.com/forum/payments.phpFinally figured it out and have signed up for membership. Thank you!

DreamingRainbow
October 12th, 2017, 11:00 AM
The conventional wisdom is that first cycle after a loss does sway pink. It's not set in stone, and you can do a lot to make up for it. I am a little worried that maybe you should wait for the outcome of the tests though in case you could potentially set yourself up for another loss if there is some issue at play here.

The membership button is at the top of the page, it's a blue bar that has several options in it. I'll post a link though.Hi atomic,

Excuse my ignorance here but by 1st cycle swaying pink do you mean getting pregnant straight after mc or 1 af after mc swaying pink? If it's the latter that means waiting 2 afs before ttc to sway blue?!

Please don't be worried. I deffo won't be ttc until I meet consultant and talk to him. And I dont meet him until nov. I cannot face another loss and so if I have to wait then I have to wait. I also have to consider the emotional aspect of both my loss and any new pregnancy.
I am doing all this to try get my body back in shape and to hopefully sway blue for when I do get to ttc.
I promise i won't be rushing into getting pregnant until I get some steer from my consultant.

Thanks for taking the time to answer all my silly questions!

atomic sagebrush
October 12th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Thanks!

yes right after. that first egg does seem very pink friendly, the second egg may be a little but not nearly so much.

No not at all, I'm so happy to be of help!

DreamingRainbow
October 12th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Thanks!

yes right after. that first egg does seem very pink friendly, the second egg may be a little but not nearly so much.

No not at all, I'm so happy to be of help!Deffo won't be trying to catch that 1st egg post mmc. I'll be having at least one af and meeting consultant. Until then I'll be following the he diet and taking my vitamins [emoji4]

atomic sagebrush
October 13th, 2017, 03:26 PM
perfect!

DreamingRainbow
October 15th, 2017, 04:48 PM
perfect!Hi atomic (et al),

Can anyone advise on vitamins - when to take them and potential interaction with medication? I asked my gp and he said "no it's fine" ...he didn't even ask what vitamins I'm taking!

I'm taking:
eltroxin
Omega fish oils
Folate
Probiotic
Vitamin d
Multi vitamin
Q10

Should I be taking all the vits together or spaced throughout the day?
I take the eltroxin before bed each night.

Thanks in advance!

atomic sagebrush
October 16th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Some doctors pooh-pooh interactions.

You need to check to see if there is iodine in your multivitamin and then if there is, call the doctor's office and ask SPECIFICALLY about iodine. If they don't give you a straight answer, then call the chemist/pharmacist and ask them because many thyroid patients cannot and should not take iodine.

To my knowledge all the other things are ok.

DreamingRainbow
October 16th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Some doctors pooh-pooh interactions.

You need to check to see if there is iodine in your multivitamin and then if there is, call the doctor's office and ask SPECIFICALLY about iodine. If they don't give you a straight answer, then call the chemist/pharmacist and ask them because many thyroid patients cannot and should not take iodine.

To my knowledge all the other things are ok.Super thanks. I was thinking of asking my pharmacist as they are quite pleasant. Multivit does have iodine

DreamingRainbow
October 18th, 2017, 05:36 AM
Super thanks. I was thinking of asking my pharmacist as they are quite pleasant. Multivit does have iodine

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkI spoke with pharmacist this am. He checked and felt I am fine to take Centrum and eltroxin but to take them at opposite ends of the day. Interestingly I found out I am taking eltroxin at the complete wrong time of day! I always take it before bed but he said it should be taken before breakfast!!

Atomic I read on here the other day about it being good for dh to take Q10 also. Can't find the post now though. Should I give this to him too? He is 'happy' for me to shovel any vitamins I want into him [emoji4]
So far he is taking: vit d 3000, age 50+ multi vit, folic acid 400ug.
Thanks x

atomic sagebrush
October 18th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Oh wow great! Glad you called! Thanks again Panther for mentioning that.

It's fine for hubby to take coq. I am honestly not sold on the coq as doing much of anything any more.

Do not give him additional folic, the multi already has enough. Men actually can get too much folic and it may cause prostate cancer to grow rapidly so stick with the 400 in the multi.

DreamingRainbow
October 18th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Oh wow great! Glad you called! Thanks again Panther for mentioning that.

It's fine for hubby to take coq. I am honestly not sold on the coq as doing much of anything any more.

Do not give him additional folic, the multi already has enough. Men actually can get too much folic and it may cause prostate cancer to grow rapidly so stick with the 400 in the multi.Oops!! I'll just give him the multi vit and 3000 vit d each day. Thanks!

DreamingRainbow
November 6th, 2017, 09:25 AM
So I had my consultant appointment today and we got the result of my recent late miscarriage. It was due to a knotted cord (can't remember the medical term) Doc advised there was nothing I did or could have done. He advised I go on 75mg of baby aspirin from 5 weeks pregnant as it may help. He said my thyroid levels were fine (I really thought this was the cause).
He said there is no physical reason for us not to ttc whenever we decide to.
I said I'm taking 2000 of folate daily but he said the standard 400 of folic acid is fine -- atomic can I have your intake on this please? And any other advise u have.
I'd like to still try sway blue of possible..

DreamingRainbow
November 6th, 2017, 06:09 PM
So I had my consultant appointment today and we got the result of my recent late miscarriage. It was due to a knotted cord (can't remember the medical term) Doc advised there was nothing I did or could have done. He advised I go on 75mg of baby aspirin from 5 weeks pregnant as it may help. He said my thyroid levels were fine (I really thought this was the cause).
He said there is no physical reason for us not to ttc whenever we decide to.
I said I'm taking 2000 of folate daily but he said the standard 400 of folic acid is fine -- atomic can I have your intake on this please? And any other advise u have.
I'd like to still try sway blue of possible..

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkIts called: hypercoiled umbilical cord

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Oh Dreaming I'm so sorry to hear that. Yes, it was just sheer bad luck, I'm so sorry.

I like all blue swayers to take 2000 mcg of folate or folic acid. You are always free to do what you feel comfy with of course but I conceived a baby boy with a neural tube defect on 800 plus a very healthy diet with fortified foods in it (so even more folic) and I just feel a lot better about you guys taking some extra.

DreamingRainbow
November 7th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Oh Dreaming I'm so sorry to hear that. Yes, it was just sheer bad luck, I'm so sorry.

I like all blue swayers to take 2000 mcg of folate or folic acid. You are always free to do what you feel comfy with of course but I conceived a baby boy with a neural tube defect on 800 plus a very healthy diet with fortified foods in it (so even more folic) and I just feel a lot better about you guys taking some extra.Thanks atomic. Dh has found some peace with the result. I'm still processing and find it so unfair.

I'm happy to keep on the 2000 folate and other vitamins.
2 Questions I hope u can shed some light on:
1. do I stop taking all vits as soon as I get bfp and reduce folate back to the 400ug folic acid?
2. Ive read on "dr google" that there can be benefit to upping eltroxin prior to pregnancy so your body has it there to support baby. I'm on 50mg daily normally, upped to 100mg when first diagnosed when pregnant on dd2(carried her to term and all is well) was put on 75mg on 2 subsequent mmcs. I'm thinking of asking my gp to put me on 100mg now? Or should i go up to 75mg like on mmcs? but consultant said my thyroid levels were as they should be. Hope that makes sense. Any thoughts?
Thanks, as always.

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2017, 03:10 PM
1) No, you would keep taking them (please give me a list again so I know everything you're on) at least the ones that I recommend. Prenatals, Vit. D, fish oil or DHA, probiotics great to continue into pregnancy.

Coq10 gradually wean off at BFP by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week then you can drop.

Folic acid or folate continue at higher dose (DO NOT GO BACK TO 400) until the end of the first trimester and then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to amount in prenatal or multi

2)I can't advise you on the eltroxin, that's outside my pay grade, but I do know of several people who did that after losses and were able to successfully carry a baby after that. But since you know what went wrong (and again, so sorry) your doctor may not think this is the best idea. just run it past them, see what they say.

DreamingRainbow
November 10th, 2017, 03:41 AM
1) No, you would keep taking them (please give me a list again so I know everything you're on) at least the ones that I recommend. Prenatals, Vit. D, fish oil or DHA, probiotics great to continue into pregnancy.

Coq10 gradually wean off at BFP by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week then you can drop.

Folic acid or folate continue at higher dose (DO NOT GO BACK TO 400) until the end of the first trimester and then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to amount in prenatal or multi

2)I can't advise you on the eltroxin, that's outside my pay grade, but I do know of several people who did that after losses and were able to successfully carry a baby after that. But since you know what went wrong (and again, so sorry) your doctor may not think this is the best idea. just run it past them, see what they say.Thanks so much atomic.
Ok so I'm currently taking (on your advice):
Folate 2000ug
Vitamin d (spray in mouth) 1000iu
Q-10 200mg
"Omega 3 with antioxidants plus vitamin E"(as written on jar) 350mg
Acidophilus (3million bacteria)
Centrum woman multivit

I starting using clearblue digital yesterday, empty circle, used it today and got flashing smiley!! I assume i wait to dtd(night, following am &night) until I see a solid smiley?

Xx

DreamingRainbow
November 10th, 2017, 04:48 AM
Also, does anyone know if you'll get flashing and solid smiley if anovulatory or will u only get the smiley if ovulating? Ta

atomic sagebrush
November 13th, 2017, 05:15 PM
all those things are fine to continue during pregnancy except the things I already mentioned

yes wait for solid

second post - what can happen is that you get a solid and then your body "decides" not to ovulate so then you gear up and ovulate in a couple of days or a week. So USUALLY it indicates that you've ovulated sometimes you will get a fake smiley and not ovulate.

DreamingRainbow
November 13th, 2017, 05:34 PM
all those things are fine to continue during pregnancy except the things I already mentioned

yes wait for solid

second post - what can happen is that you get a solid and then your body "decides" not to ovulate so then you gear up and ovulate in a couple of days or a week. So USUALLY it indicates that you've ovulated sometimes you will get a fake smiley and not ovulate.Thanks atomic. So I'll keep taking them all and just wean off coq-10 at bfp.
Impatiently waiting for solid! [emoji4]

atomic sagebrush
November 15th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Good luck and blue dust headed your way!

DreamingRainbow
November 17th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Good luck and blue dust headed your way!Thanks atomic

DreamingRainbow
November 25th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Good luck and blue dust headed your way!Hi atomic. If and when I do get bfp how do I wean off coq 10? Currently taking 200mg daily...

atomic sagebrush
November 25th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Just start spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop em. Should take about 3 weeks.

DreamingRainbow
November 25th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Just start spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop em. Should take about 3 weeks.Hi atomic, so do u mean continue taking 200mg daily and start skipping every nd day, then 3rd day etc....? Sorry but I've no idea how to reduce down

atomic sagebrush
November 26th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Yes. since it's a pain to split the pills, that's the way we've come up with to easily come off supps. Just take them every other day, then 2, then 3, etc till down to one per week then drop

DreamingRainbow
November 26th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Yes. since it's a pain to split the pills, that's the way we've come up with to easily come off supps. Just take them every other day, then 2, then 3, etc till down to one per week then dropThanks a mill!

DreamingRainbow
December 4th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Hi there. I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know if vitamins will help with gender selection though. I have heard that the timing can influence. The sperms with the X chromosome generally swim faster. So, implantation 1-2 days after intercourse have a greater chance of resulting in a boy. Hope this helps.Thabks lillian259. I'm currently pregnant so fingers crossed [emoji4]

atomic sagebrush
December 5th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Hi there. I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know if vitamins will help with gender selection though. I have heard that the timing can influence. The sperms with the X chromosome generally swim faster. So, implantation 1-2 days after intercourse have a greater chance of resulting in a boy. Hope this helps.

No, I'm afraid that timing does not sway and X sperms do not swim slower than Y (you have that backwards anyway)

Those theories have been debunked genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

Also, even IF timing worked it has nothing to do with implantation.

Vitamins absolutely can help people sway blue.

DreamingRainbow
December 5th, 2017, 06:08 PM
Hi atomic, I'm just wondering when (or if) i should drop down from the 2000mg folate? I'm still taking it and a multi vit and omega. I'm phasing out the q10. I am approx 5 weeks pregnant.
I asked my consultant about taking folate and he advised just to take standard folic acid (i think is 400mg)
I am happy to continue taking the folate as you advised but wondering when I should drop down quantity etc?
Thanks in advance.

atomic sagebrush
December 6th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Hi atomic, I'm just wondering when (or if) i should drop down from the 2000mg folate? I'm still taking it and a multi vit and omega. I'm phasing out the q10. I am approx 5 weeks pregnant.
I asked my consultant about taking folate and he advised just to take standard folic acid (i think is 400mg)
I am happy to continue taking the folate as you advised but wondering when I should drop down quantity etc?
Thanks in advance.

Not till the end of the first trimester.

NO, don't take folic acid. Folate is better for everyone.

Take till end of first trimester and then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and furhter out till down to one per week, then you can drop them.

DreamingRainbow
December 6th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Not till the end of the first trimester.

Take till end of first trimester and then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and furhter out till down to one per week, then you can drop them.Hi atomic - so continue taking them all for first trimester? And then start spacing to wean off them all including folate? So how long roughly should it take me to wean off them? (Sorry this is probably really obvious to u but im lost and just want to make sure I do everything I can to get this baby to term [emoji4]) thanks!

atomic sagebrush
December 7th, 2017, 01:12 PM
I'm sorry, I interpreted your question to be solely about the folate.

Omega 3, multivitamin, and Vit. D are fine to continue. As are probiotics if you are taking them. All through pregnancy and they are all beneficial

You should wean off the coq10 at BFP which you are alrady doing

Wait till end of first tri to wean off the folate. Then start spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week then drop them (you'll still be taking whatever is in your multivitamin). This should take about 3-4 weeks.

DreamingRainbow
December 10th, 2017, 06:13 PM
I'm sorry, I interpreted your question to be solely about the folate.

Omega 3, multivitamin, and Vit. D are fine to continue. As are probiotics if you are taking them. All through pregnancy and they are all beneficial

You should wean off the coq10 at BFP which you are alrady doing

Wait till end of first tri to wean off the folate. Then start spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week then drop them (you'll still be taking whatever is in your multivitamin). This should take about 3-4 weeks.Thanks a mill atomic!

DreamingRainbow
August 20th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Atomic, it is with huge HUGE thanks that I can confirm my beautiful healthy baby BOY arrived last week.

THANK YOU!!!

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2018, 02:17 PM
aaaaa!!!! Woohooo!!! :running: hugest congrats! so excited for you!

shiroshiro
August 22nd, 2018, 08:19 PM

I bought two bottles of "folate" and it just says "active ingredient folic acis". Did i buy the wrong one?

atomic sagebrush
August 23rd, 2018, 07:24 PM
Yes I'm sorry that's the wrong thing, you need it to say just "folate" and not have "folic acid" anywhere on the bottle.

Tricky vitamin company!