PDA

View Full Version : Finally officially swaying pink - anyone else TTC in dec/Jan/feb?

frankie2017
October 6th, 2017, 12:58 AM
Hello. So husband is suddenly gung ho for another babe after saying no no no. I am going to sway for 2-3 cycles before trying as it's really our last chance at a girl.

Anyone else just started? I have been slowly changing things over last 6 months. Dh and I are both vegetarian these days and today is my first day of proper tracking with MFP.

I am excited to get on with it now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kittendreams
October 6th, 2017, 06:24 PM
Hi Frankie I'm here with you!
I've been swaying since Feb but not planning to ttc til now but still no ppaf yet so just waiting waiting lol! It will probably be December before we attempt too.
Best of luck for your pink sway xx

MiaMelb
October 6th, 2017, 06:43 PM
Yay Frankie, exciting to hear hubby has jumped on board. I'm still in a holding pattern unfortunately. GL with your sway, so good to put all you've learnt into practice.

frankie2017
October 6th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Hi Frankie I'm here with you!
I've been swaying since Feb but not planning to ttc til now but still no ppaf yet so just waiting waiting lol! It will probably be December before we attempt too.
Best of luck for your pink sway xx

Awesome I've seen your name pop up a lot! Good luck to you too. Have you been going hardcore since Feb or easing slowly? Im starting now with 10.30 breakky which is proving doable so far , though actual REAL no snacking is harder than I thought haha - I realise I've still been popping in this and that while I feed the boys .

frankie2017
October 6th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Yay Frankie, exciting to hear hubby has jumped on board. I'm still in a holding pattern unfortunately. GL with your sway, so good to put all you've learnt into practice.

Bummer you're still in a holding pattern . Patience is hard ! Hopefully it pays off. [emoji849]

I still don't entirely trust DH not to change his mind again but in the last two weeks he's said, in typical man style "do you want to make another baby?? Like now??" Hahaha. So annoying because I haven't been ready. But I think me being cool about it and saying 'yes but not now' is keeping him keen lol...

kittendreams
October 7th, 2017, 12:06 AM
Awesome I've seen your name pop up a lot! Good luck to you too. Have you been going hardcore since Feb or easing slowly? Im starting now with 10.30 breakky which is proving doable so far , though actual REAL no snacking is harder than I thought haha - I realise I've still been popping in this and that while I feed the boys .

No not hardcore because I'm bf my little one but definitely have lost a lot of weight and have been vegetarian the whole time.
Yes no snacking is by far the hardest for me too!

atomic sagebrush
October 7th, 2017, 04:16 PM
good luck ladies, LMK if you need anything!

Anne37
October 7th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Hi Frankie! We are also ttc Oct/Nov/Dec. Still not sure if we'll go for a third child but I started LE diet 6 wks ago. Don't do the sports but perhaps will start with the exercising as well. I have a low bmi already so cannot lose more weight..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

frankie2017
October 7th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Hi Frankie! We are also ttc Oct/Nov/Dec. Still not sure if we'll go for a third child but I started LE diet 6 wks ago. Don't do the sports but perhaps will start with the exercising as well. I have a low bmi already so cannot lose more weight..

Cool good luck. I am not doing exercise - just trying to walk a lot with the boys. Hopefully it's enough!

Eighme
October 7th, 2017, 06:22 PM
I’ve been swaying since the beginning of September and am shooting for the beginning of Nov/December! It hasn’t been as hard of a transition as I thought (I seriously didn’t know how I would go without snacking and these days it’s doesn’t phase me much). I calorie count and try to keep within my goals. Some days I go over, most days I do great. I’m just ready to start trying!

frankie2017
October 8th, 2017, 02:45 AM
I’ve been swaying since the beginning of September and am shooting for the beginning of Nov/December! It hasn’t been as hard of a transition as I thought (I seriously didn’t know how I would go without snacking and these days it’s doesn’t phase me much). I calorie count and try to keep within my goals. Some days I go over, most days I do great. I’m just ready to start trying!

Good luck ! Yes I'm already in the swing (though only been a few days!) it's not terribly hard to stay under limits. I did that 5:2 diet at one point and it was torture! So I just compare it to that :)

Anne37
October 9th, 2017, 07:42 AM
Good luck ladies! My partner is doubting on a third so perhaps we won't ttc anymore :(

frankie2017
October 9th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Good luck ladies! My partner is doubting on a third so perhaps we won't ttc anymore :(

I think all of our husbands have doubted a third Anna. Atomic wrote a great post once about how it's something you really want and means so much to you to stand firm and 'take it to the mat' I think were the words! Because for women our time to conceive is limited while men don't know that feeling (as much).. don't give up easily was the main point.

Anne37
October 10th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Thanks Frankie for your nice words, I will give it a try later with an other conversation. You are ttc for a third as well?

frankie2017
October 10th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Thanks Frankie for your nice words, I will give it a try later with an other conversation. You are ttc for a third as well?

Yes a third, which I never thought we'd have either but I can't shake it. Husband comes from a big family so it's easier to sway him. I still have to tip toe around it I know if I talk too much about it he'll freak out so I'm just letting things slowly happen.
I just think about when they're older, I think of Christmas time and others when we all get together when they're all grown and I think the more the merrier ! Three would be lovely I think. :)

mamasboys
October 10th, 2017, 10:06 PM
January for me! Waiting for my plan to come through and then I will get started!!!!! I think I am more excited to get the plan through than anything, lol it's like waiting for a BFP!!!!

Anne37
October 11th, 2017, 03:29 AM
Mamasboys, that sounds exciting! Frankie, indeed later when they are older it is so nice to have a full table :-)

onelastsway
October 11th, 2017, 04:21 AM
Anne37 - we've been swaying/trying for a year for third and hasn't happened so hubby has now pulled the plug on it. I too just can't shake the feeling I'm meant to have three children, i too like the idea of the full table. I am one of three and like the mayhem of it but he is an only child so even two is a big jump for him. Our boys are pretty hard work and he's nearly 46 so he just says he doesn't feel he can cope. I'm only 33 (34 in Jan) so don't feel I'm done and lots of people have kids older these days. Many of my friends haven't even started their families. I've always wanted three and as much as I love my boys, would just like the chance of a girl. I'm hoping he'll change his mind - maybe a bit of Christmas romance/cheer will get him in the mood! Just doing a relaxed sway in the meantime to try to stay pink friendly. Hope you manage to convince yours x

Anne37
October 11th, 2017, 05:30 AM
Dear onelastsway, oh that sounds really disappointing for you :-( have you been swaying for a year? I really hope your husband will change is mind! I just turned 38, husband is 43. Not the youngest couple either. So perhaps wise not to go for a third.. But I've always thougt to have three, two boys one girl. We'll see!

frankie2017
October 11th, 2017, 06:43 AM
January for me! Waiting for my plan to come through and then I will get started!!!!! I think I am more excited to get the plan through than anything, lol it's like waiting for a BFP!!!!

Exciting ! How many boys (or girls I guess?) do you have ?

frankie2017
October 11th, 2017, 06:45 AM
Anne37 - we've been swaying/trying for a year for third and hasn't happened so hubby has now pulled the plug on it. I too just can't shake the feeling I'm meant to have three children, i too like the idea of the full table. I am one of three and like the mayhem of it but he is an only child so even two is a big jump for him. Our boys are pretty hard work and he's nearly 46 so he just says he doesn't feel he can cope. I'm only 33 (34 in Jan) so don't feel I'm done and lots of people have kids older these days. Many of my friends haven't even started their families. I've always wanted three and as much as I love my boys, would just like the chance of a girl. I'm hoping he'll change his mind - maybe a bit of Christmas romance/cheer will get him in the mood! Just doing a relaxed sway in the meantime to try to stay pink friendly. Hope you manage to convince yours x

Christmas romance / Christmas cheer -
Good idea ! :) I had the same idea when dh was saying no no no I thought ahhh I'll just wait til he's on holiday and happy :)

mamasboys
October 11th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Exciting ! How many boys (or girls I guess?) do you have ?

Hey Frankie - 2 boys now, 2 and 4. I was 1 of 3 and I always knew when I was fighting with one sister I would always have the other! haha My hubby is 1 of 2 boys and they don't get along as adults, so I always say, ooohhh if you had another sibling this wouldn't be so bad!! He doesn't mind though, I am lucky. I am 37 and he is 33, so time is on his side more than mine!!! Time will tell - I purchased a sway plan and will get started once it comes through. How about you?

frankie2017
October 11th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Hey Frankie - 2 boys now, 2 and 4. I was 1 of 3 and I always knew when I was fighting with one sister I would always have the other! haha My hubby is 1 of 2 boys and they don't get along as adults, so I always say, ooohhh if you had another sibling this wouldn't be so bad!! He doesn't mind though, I am lucky. I am 37 and he is 33, so time is on his side more than mine!!! Time will tell - I purchased a sway plan and will get started once it comes through. How about you?

I have two boys 4 and 18 months in December. My husband has 3 brothers 2
sisters ! Nuts. I had two brothers and I'm the youngest girl. I would love a little girl as it would be just like my family how I grew up . Just kinda a nice idea :)

Anne37
October 12th, 2017, 06:17 AM
Great to read ladies! I have two boys, 5 and almost 2 years. Always thought to have 3 children, don't know why..

babylove24
October 12th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Hello ladies, we are too going to start TTC in January. I have purchased the personalised plan. Can’t wait to start! Good luck everyone :)

Anne37
October 12th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Welcome babylove24!

frankie2017
October 12th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Hello ladies, we are too going to start TTC in January. I have purchased the personalised plan. Can’t wait to start! Good luck everyone :)

Good luck to you too!! Woohoo

Igglepigglepink
October 20th, 2017, 02:59 PM
Hello ladies,
Can I join you?
I have been swaying since September (not that long!) I have been finding it hard to lose weight even though I have been staying within my limits so atomic suggested doing the pcos le diet and starting myo inositol. I have also been extending my fast to 16 hours and this seems to have kick started my weight loss.

Hoping to start ttc either next month or December. Dh works away so it depends if he is at home at the crucial time!

Good luck to everyone.

Anne37
October 20th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Hi Igglepiggle! Yes ofcourse, welcome! How many kids do you have already? I am swaying (light) since mid September. Today big cheat with going out for dinner but that happens ;-) Good luck!

Igglepigglepink
October 21st, 2017, 02:30 AM
Hi Anne, I have 3 boys (4,3 and 5 months) and I also have an angel girl who I lost to stillbirth last year.

Hope you enjoy your dinner. I'm going out for my sister's birthday next week and can't wait!

Anne37
October 21st, 2017, 07:40 AM
I am so sorry to hear that you lost a baby Igglepiggle! A cheat one in a while is ok [emoji4] Will start exercise as well, till now didn't do it as my bmi is already super low 18,3. But I think it's a strong swaying factor so will add it now for the upcoming weeks.

frankie2017
October 24th, 2017, 07:55 PM
How is everyone going with the LE diet here ?
We've just been on holiday so major cheating - big breakfasts, processed food, meat , the whole lot ! Back on the sway train now. Noticed my High fertile December days will be at christmas (around Boxing Day :) I think I could nab my husbands holiday cheer and aim for this cycle ... :)

Heart desires pink LP
October 25th, 2017, 12:20 AM
Hi! I'm in the same boat. Want to do the diet between now and Dec, and start TTC in Jan. I'm vegetarian by upbringing, so that's easy. What's not easy is that I now have to cut back the core of my vegetarianism ( beans, dairy, nuts). I'm in the process of reading up info on the site, and coming up with my sway plan. How is everyone else doing? Please feel free to share tips on what's working for you/what isn't. Sending pink dust our way! :)

P.S- What are your thoughts on adding supplements to your sway? I'm a bit worried about messing with my body, as supplements take a while to kick in, and need to be weaned carefully, and could disturb something that's working fine. But I'm willing to try if anything has been getting good results.

frankie2017
October 26th, 2017, 12:30 AM
How is everyone else doing? Please feel free to share tips on what's working for you/what isn't. Sending pink dust our way! :)

P.S- What are your thoughts on adding supplements to your sway? I'm a bit worried about messing with my body, as supplements take a while to kick in, and need to be weaned carefully, and could disturb something that's working fine. But I'm willing to try if anything has been getting good results.

Im just finding that with no snacking, the limits in general are quite easy to stick to. I have diverted to Diet Coke when hungry which i dislike but gets me through with no goodness (sounds awful but hey if that's what works !)
I thought supplements was only for boy diet. Which do you mean specifically ?

Heart desires pink LP
October 26th, 2017, 02:05 AM
Im just finding that with no snacking, the limits in general are quite easy to stick to. I have diverted to Diet Coke when hungry which i dislike but gets me through with no goodness (sounds awful but hey if that's what works !)
I thought supplements was only for boy diet. Which do you mean specifically ?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHi there! Diet coke lol? That's a handy tip. I'm referring to vitex, saw palmetto clomid, antihistamines etc that I see in many sways!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Igglepigglepink
October 26th, 2017, 05:45 AM
Coffee and coke zero help me avoid snacking. I try not to eat till around 11.30 or 12 and have a biggish lunch like soup and a sandwich. That normally keeps me going till my dinner at around 5 or 6. Sometimes I'll have a few jellies or a few spoons of yoghurt in between if I really need something .
Supplements I'm taking are myo inositol and co q10.

I'm hoping to try next cycle, I'm not enjoying the le diet so can't wait to stuff my face again ��

frankie2017
October 26th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Hi there! Diet coke lol? That's a handy tip. I'm referring to vitex, saw palmetto clomid, antihistamines etc that I see in many sways!

I know I actually hate soda type drinks..

Ah yeh I think the main ones now are Clomid or Femara - I am really undecided on what to do here as Femara sounds good but is quite expensive to obtain online.

atomic sagebrush
October 27th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Ladies, just a reminder I cannot keep up with support threads so whenever you have a question please post it in its own heading in the forums and I'll reply!

Heart desires pink LP
November 3rd, 2017, 11:49 AM
Some questions for my fellow sway buddies :

Is egg white ok to eat every day, within overall protein limits?

What are you ladies drinking, to help sway, or curb cravings?

Are there foods that you are absolutely avoiding?

How are you doing on the 6 days of cardio? I'm struggling to keep going for 60 mins. By 40 min, I get bored and lose my zeal.

For those ladies who've been on the diet longer, how has it changed your body? Curious to see if there are apparent changes.

How supportive has your DH or partner been? My DH doesn't want to do anything to his body, and urges me not to do anything 'less healthy'. We both are usually very clean eaters and regular at exercise.

Noemi2017
November 3rd, 2017, 04:56 PM
Hello girls, i started slowly Le diet from January, in May i lost few kg, i took Vitex and drunk peppermint tea and i lost my ovulation till September:( so be careful with supplements. I think it is fine eat egg white within protein limits. Im drinking coke zero and 4-5 cups of coffee daily. Im still eating something sweet after lunch like ice cream:p . Im walking very fast every morning 60min/7days. My husband is taking Ole and drinking soy milk and im drinking white wine just around ovulation i hope it is fine:giggle:

Eighme
November 3rd, 2017, 10:23 PM
We were going try this month but for other reasons pushed to next month. And I keep finding reasons to push another month! I keep thinking I’ve become to lax with my sway (even though I’m eating completely within limits, complete opposite than with my son, ect) I don’t know. I guess I just worry.

frankie2017
November 4th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Heart desires- Anything is ok within the limits. I guess some things make it harder to stay within limits tho.
Diet drinks to get by. I hate black coffee , I drink soy flat whites so I have to be real careful to not go over on the protein... I only have one a day but gosh I need it .

eighme I feel the same re feeling too lax. My problem is my DH swinging back and forth between lets have a baby and my god no we can’t afford it. we had a huge ‘discussion’ the other day about it again, I’m happy to wait til our finances are sorted which is his concern but it makes it so hard to sway properly as I don’t have much weight to spare nor do I enjoy the diet !

Prettyplease
November 13th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Yay on getting the husband on board! I remember talking to my sister in the summer, thinking there was no way my husband would jump on this wagon, but he has and he's willing to do whatever I want him to do. I'm leaning towards January/February. I haven't been posting but it's definitely always on my mind. :) Good luck to all of you!!!

Eighme
November 14th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Heart desires- Anything is ok within the limits. I guess some things make it harder to stay within limits tho.
Diet drinks to get by. I hate black coffee , I drink soy flat whites so I have to be real careful to not go over on the protein... I only have one a day but gosh I need it .

eighme I feel the same re feeling too lax. My problem is my DH swinging back and forth between lets have a baby and my god no we can’t afford it. we had a huge ‘discussion’ the other day about it again, I’m happy to wait til our finances are sorted which is his concern but it makes it so hard to sway properly as I don’t have much weight to spare nor do I enjoy the diet !

I know! We pushed it last month because I didn’t know if I was ready. Now, we’re a few weeks away from trying and I’m still like “AHHHH!” I know I need to be relaxed about it because certain types of stress sway different ways.