Swayed: [emoji170] Having: [emoji174] miscarried
Due date: TBA

Username: Ttcblue
Swayed: [emoji170] Having: [emoji170]
Due date: 31st March

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Skyblue
October 7th, 2017, 12:05 AM
Miamelb - Thank you. I am sorry I haven't written my sway yet. I tried to but couldn't and the we moved house so was busy with that. I will try to write tonight with as many details as I could include.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6513f2

4blue2pink
October 7th, 2017, 06:07 AM
Congratulations Sky :bluecheer: :bluecheer: both you and Ttcblue18 have got your boys :D its so good to see the blue sways having success :heart: pink or blue it makes me so happy to see people have their dreams come true :)

who is next to find out gender?

Maximbella how are you doing? i hope you are ok xx

maximbella
October 7th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Congratulations Sky :bluecheer: :bluecheer: both you and Ttcblue18 have got your boys :D its so good to see the blue sways having success :heart: pink or blue it makes me so happy to see people have their dreams come true :)

who is next to find out gender?

Maximbella how are you doing? i hope you are ok xx

Some days are better than others. I'm honestly just shocked at how it's affecting me. [emoji17]

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24dd4d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mommy2apples
October 7th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Oh so many hugs max, I know right now it feels like there's no good part of this situation!❤️

2003 [emoji1349]2009 [emoji1407] 2012 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] 2018[emoji120] for a [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family! [emoji7]

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

Mommy2apples
October 7th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Lmsm. So many hugs to you.

2003 [emoji1349]2009 [emoji1407] 2012 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] 2018[emoji120] for a [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family! [emoji7]

4blue2pink
October 7th, 2017, 10:29 AM
i understand 100% max, its all consuming and its awful :( for me being team green this time has, for the first time ever allowed me to enjoy a pregnancy without gender playing a part (ignorance is bliss i guess!) but i am still scared of the possibility of this baby being a boy and thats after having 2 girls in a row!!
i dont think gender desire/disappointment will ever not be a part of pregnancy for me, even if i was to have 10 girls in a row id still want number 11 to be a girl, a big part of me wishes i just didnt care!!

are there any boy names that you like? sometimes finding names or baby clothes or even just a baby toy can help you feel more positive, how have your parents and sisters reacted?

maximbella
October 7th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Thanks so much mommy and 4blue. I've gotten him a few things and that definitely temporarily makes me feel better, but it's at night when I wake up and start thinking that's really hard on me. DH is so happy and excited. My sisters are mixed - one thinks it's best that it's a boy so there's no jealousy, etc with him being so much younger (as opposed to one girl being so much younger than her sisters). My other sister that I'm closest with completely understands...she has 3 boys/1 girl and has also always dreamed of having all girls. My mom is amazing and just wishes for healthy, but I know that she also secretly would have loved for one of her daughters to have the same experience we all shared. She has indirectly said that to us all before we had kids. My in laws are ecstatic to have their first grandson. I feel like I'm the only one that worries (probably irrationally) about this poor little guy being an outlier. I know my daughters and DH will love him endlessly, but it's just something that I (not anyone else) and struggling with.

maximbella
October 7th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Kat, how are you??

XXforhubby
October 7th, 2017, 02:00 PM
(((Huge Hugs))) Max! My DH was the same way as you with our last 2 boys. He struggled the most with our DS2. It took him 6mo to bond with him [emoji20]. With my DS3, he seemed not quite as bad, although I recently learned it was worse. GD is a beast! I think you’re doing the best thing by not keeping your feelings in. It’s A LOT to process at a time with tons of hormones that don’t help matters any. Good news is, all you have to do is hang in there! You will find your way once he’s here, trust me. My DH said my DS3 being the unique spirit he is, helped him tremendously. I’m hoping and praying that your little guy will do the same and help you too! There is something extra special about child #3- Too many people report this to be just a coincidence.

Just please don’t bottle things in or act a certain way because you worry about others. We are all here for you to lean on!

[emoji170]8/2010 [emoji170]6/2013 [emoji170]11/2015 [emoji170]
[emoji178]10/2017[emoji178]

[emoji254]Thank you Gender Dreaming for our precious little girl![emoji254]

momoffourboyz
October 7th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Max- when I was pregnant with my 4th son all 3 of my boys said no they wanted a sister. But after I had him none of them even cared and they all fought to hold him and help with him and wouldn't leave him alone. Fast forward with my 5th child who is my only daughter and that time they all wanted a sister and let me tell you they love on her so much and always fought to hold her when she was a baby, they include her in everything, she's never left out. And she always wants to play cars and legos and stuff with them and they even play baby dolls with her and barbies to. Now fast forward and a couple of my boys said they wanted another sister this time but only because they wanted her to have a sister. And for a while I felt that way to but then I realized that gender doesn't matter that much to have them be close. It's how they are raised. I had plenty of brothers and sisters, I am the youngest of 8 (4 sisters and 3 brothers) and I don't have a close relationship with any of them really. And never really did when I was younger either. I have seen in my kids a close relationship they all have. And it makes me realize that no matter the age gap and the gender difference they can be very close to each other and love each other alot. Trust me when your baby gets here you will love him and so will your daughters and it will be better than you ever thought it could be! And you will get to experience that father and son bond which is great to see! Plus you get to buy new really cute clothes and things for your precious son. Trust me God has given you a blessing in disguising. A mother and son bond is really great! I am excited and can't wait for my 5th son and 6th child to finally arrive, I am so excited for the mother son bond again.☺

LMSM
October 7th, 2017, 06:28 PM
MAx, how us the cute cute stuff you bought your little man! :awe: I'm sure showing him off and what you are preparing for him would help a bit :)
:hugs:

AshFind
October 7th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Oh yes max I'd love to see some of the blue cuteness!

[emoji170](07) [emoji170](09) [emoji170](14)[emoji170](15)[emoji166] EDD 1-15-18[emoji166]

4blue2pink
October 8th, 2017, 08:06 AM
max that is great that your sister is able to understand first-hand how you feel, though obviously i dont mean that im happy about you both experiencing GD just that it is good for you to have someone so close who understands, her 3 boys will be same gender playmates for your little man in the same way that im sure your 2 girls are for her little girl :) if you guys are really close then its basically a big extended family of 3 girls and 4 boys :D your little man wont be an outsider, i fail to see how he could be in a family as close and loving as yours!! your mum sounds so lovely :heart: i get her wanting you girls to have what she had but on the other hand in having your boys you and your sister are getting to experience a side of parenting that your mum didnt get to have, you are both getting to experience daughters and sons and im sure she will just love being Grandma to yours and your sisters boys :heart:

Pbn3
October 8th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Skyblue have you made any boy purchases yet?! How are you feeling?! On cloud 9 still I imagine [emoji3]

Maxim yes agree share a pic of your purchases too [emoji3]

It's gone fairly quiet in here compared to normal, hope you are all well. I've had the tiler in this morning to tile the playroom! I'm so excited to have made a start! Next step is sanding and painting which I'm hoping to start this week. The tiler comes back to do the grout on Wednesday so I should be able to start sanding on the weekend. Cant wait to post some before and after pics which I'll likely do on facebook. That reminds me, for anyone in here that hasn't seen previous messages, send me a pm if you'd like to join the ddg on facebook :)

LMSM
October 8th, 2017, 10:41 PM
You’re right PBN, pretty quiet here!

Ooh how exciting for the tiling!! Definitely post pics – am sure it will all look amazing :D kudos to you for doing the work preggers and with your little one with you… ;)
We are tossing between the girls sharing M’s room so we can keep our big playroom and bub can get the smallest bedroom that is currently E’s bedroom – or closing the dining area in our living to make it into a bedroom so each girl can have their own space.
Not ideal, as it is the only upstairs access to our deck but I do like the idea of each girl having their own space, especially as they grow older…. Drawback is that the bedroom will be removed from the rest of the night area so not 100% sold on it yet.

16 weeks today – still feels unreal – still haven’t told work either… bit of an awkward place as my boss has refused for me to go back full time as she claims she’s used my 20% salary to budget for a contractor (in a role totally unrelated to mine, so not to pay someone to work in my job on Fridays) – and I have to try to fight it back, but am just soooo not wanting conflict but at the same time, I have been doing 100% of the work for the last 15 months on a 4dys/week basis so on a 80% salary, so feel so tired and stretched…sigh
My brothers are super happy to be uncles again – which is really cute – feels nice to ”feel the love” a bit after so many negative comments = as I was telling Max the other day, I think my way of coping will have to be the absolute bestest mumma to my girl tribe as possible – the kinda of mum that all the other kids wish were theirs :D

Gotta run – give us news everyone! ;)
x

mommaxo3
October 9th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Congrats Sky!

I feel like I'm one of the only people in world who doesn't care to have a boy. I just don't get it. Everyone always seems shocked to find out I'm having girl #3 and NOT depressed or upset about it. I get all kinds of comments "better luck next time"...umm no next time. "At least you can reuse your kids clothes"....my youngest is nearly 6 and her baby items have been long gone. "The poor poor dad"....yes so terrible to have 3 little girls (and 1 big one) looking at him like he's the most amazing man in the world. I literally want to slap people. I don't understand where they feel like it's ok to make comments like this to strangers to try and make them feel bad about the gender of their unborn child because it's not the opposite of what they already have.

dancingdiva88
October 10th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Sorry guys! I have been around - just busy with school starting back for another term. Currently 29 weeks and feeling very disorganised! That week in hospital through me off my plans with everything.
I have a hen's weekend that I'm bridesmaid for (so hosting that!) next weekend coupled with then her away wedding next month (I'll be 36 weeks pregnant for!) so it's just going to get busier!!

kat1234
October 10th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Same here - just busy! October is busy at work for me, our oldest has been sick, etc.
Max - I'm about the same as you [emoji8] Thanks for asking!

4blue2pink
October 10th, 2017, 09:40 AM
mommaxo3 i honestly thought i was the only person who never wanted a boy!! so its nice to see someone else who feels the same, i only ever wanted an all girl family, i could have 10 girls in a row and id still want number 11 to be a girl!! the stupid comments towards same-gender families are so irritating its like you have to have a perfect 50/50 gender split to satisfy people, but not everyone wants that for their family, i also dont understand wishing for a boy, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it of course and i hope everyone gets their dream families but i just cant see the appeal to "its a boy" for me personally, despite trying my absolute best too.. does this sound awful? i dont mean it too :-/

maximbella
October 10th, 2017, 11:38 AM
I feel the same way. [emoji174] It's been really, really hard on me lately. I'm not going to lie... I'm trying not to over post on here because I feel like I'm constantly being the negative one, but this GD is very real for me and I'm honestly not sure what to do. As much as I want to, I just can't get around the idea of having a son. It's heart breaking.

Bluebooties
October 10th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Hugs Max ! Don't feel bad about posting. That's what this forum is about. I fully get ur pain and that's why i don't think i will open my envelope. I just can't go through the pain again ! It was terrible with DD3 i felt as if my heart but literally explode from all the emotions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4blue2pink
October 10th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Max post whenever you want :heart: i completely understand how you feel, you'd think id be over it by now having 4 boys wouldn't you? but nope!! im enjoying having a gender-free pregnancy because its removed all of that stress for me, but i do know that i have to face the truth in the end and that it may very well not be what i am hoping for. you arent alone in the way that you feel there are so many of us on here who have been through it or are currently going through it xx

bluebooties im the same in that im just enjoying not knowing, of course we have to face the fact that baby is what it is on the day but for now its nice to just remain ignorant and not have to cope with raging GD if we dont hear what we are hoping for, i truly hope you get the most amazing surprise on the day :)

maximbella
October 10th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Thanks for understanding! In hindsight, I really wish that I wouldn't have asked to know about gender.

mommaxo3
October 10th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Max - Vent away, we don't mind. I'm not sure how I would have reacted had this one been a boy. I was beginning to freak out a bit towards the big day thinking this was a boy but I think I was trying to prep myself for the possibility that it was a boy so when they said girl, I was like "Well are ya sure?"

AshFind
October 10th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Post away max I sure hope your all better once you see sweet baby boy. It is hard though I never honestly thought I'd get to experience having a girl I was so immune to hearing "it's a boy"
Afm I've been super busy dh has been and will be absent most of the month. I have not started on the nursery or anything. I have 7 orders to complete before Christmas [emoji30] and I have been stressed to the max! Struggling with my weight asked the dr about what to do she says " well you really can't control with exercise that's what I'd tell everyone else to do so you need to control with diet" (because of early labor) I only have 10 shots left to take so in reality I could have a baby in 10 weeks and I'm freaking out a little. Oh and I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead [emoji50] dr says well if we're going to have an early baby if I'd rather it be a fat one. But my only though is what if I had gd [emoji853] guess I'll know soon enough

[emoji170](07) [emoji170](09) [emoji170](14)[emoji170](15)[emoji166] EDD 1-15-18[emoji166]

Shannshaff
October 10th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Max - I understand what you are going through and please keep posting if you need to. I honestly never thought that I would hear boy 6 times!!! And that I would never get to have a girl. I always imagined a boy and a girl for myself. I am still having a hard time with it all. I am in sort of a surreal state right now. I still can't believe I am going to have another little boy in a few weeks. I have less than 5 weeks to go and this baby really can appear at any time. I have not bonded at all and I am worried about it. But I also pray on it all and know deep down, it will be ok.

TtcBlue18
October 10th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind me popping in, but I just wanted to say hello and hear from some of ladies I became quite fond of in the 2ww.

My heart breaks to learn of the losses Mtolbert, Mummy, Bluedream and Naci have suffered. I pray they are coping and able to get through this knowing so many care. Has anyone been in touch with them recently?

I'm also very sorry to see that some of you didn't get your desired genders. I agree with what other have already said; gender and age honestly doesn't change anything. Your babies will be loved regardless. Every family is different. Some have boys, some have all girls and some have both. But siblings will always bond and have a unique and beautiful relationship. I know it must be hard right now, but when you see those precious babies, I just know all your worries and concerns will vanish. [emoji170][emoji175]

Pepper, 4blue1pink, Ash, Lauren, CountryMommy, Sky, Lola, IW4K: Congrats to you ladies on your successful sways. I'm so happy for you all!

My ultrasound shows a due date of March 31st and my LMP shows April 2nd so I can hop between both groups, right? ☺

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Pbn3
October 10th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Hi ttcblue! Good to hear from you and you are very welcome here! We have a private facebook group going as well, if you'd like to join then pm me [emoji3]

I feel so bad for you ladies going through GD and really wish there was something I could say or do to help but I think we all know its simply a time thing and cant be wished away no matter how hard [emoji22]

Maxim and anyone else feeling the same about feeling like you have to limit posts because you're worried about negativity. Please don't and please post whenever you need [emoji173] I understand how you feel but from the other end. I find myself holding back posting how much I'm enjoying this last pregnancy for fear of upsetting someone or making them feel bad that they don't feel the same [emoji53] I think we can realise and can accept everyone is going through a different journey at the moment and just do our best to offer support and encouragement. There is no wrong or right way to feel, there is simply feeling if that makes sense [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

LMSM
October 10th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Max, vent away. We all have felt it at some point when we haven’t been lucky enough to get our desired genders. If there is place where you won’t be judged, it’s here!
I know it is so hard to see the family you had pictured in my mind not come to life – and there is nothing wrong with feeling that way.
I truly think it will only be once our babes are in our arms that we will be able to cast GD aside and bond fully with them – doesn’t mean we will love them any less.
It is unfair – it is – but we have so little control over conception and what ensues – it is such a miracle in its own right ..
You would think with my previous infertility journey (albeit not anywhere near as long as so many others) I would have come to terms with being truly, deeply content with just being blessed with healthy babies – not pink, not blue – healthy, the end.
But that is not the case – I do feel blessed, but I feel like a piece of the puzzle is missing somehow, too..
If before we had kids someone had asked me to choose gender – as in “you can only have one gender for all your kids, pick now” – I would have said boy, no hesitation at all, no regrets. And here I am, mother of two soon three girls – never what I “wanted” or would have chosen for myself - and never did I think I would be so in love with them. Because really, beyond the rest, it’s their souls, personalities that make them who they are – they are MY kids, fiercely so, and I could not love them any more than I do.
It may seem hypocritical to say this whilst I am myself going through bouts of GD – but even if I never will get to experience “the other gender”, I do think that children know, innately how to make you fall head over heels for them. I am sure you little man will, too. It may not be until he is born and you lock eyes for the first time, but I promise you it will happen.
I have the strongest bond with my DD2, whom I so much wanted to be a boy but wasn’t – to this day, she is as much of a mumma’s girl as can be and I love it – I am convinced she just knew what to do to make her mama melt and forget she ever wished she has been anything but what she is ;)

Shann- like I was saying to Max, I am sure you will bond with your little man once he is here…how many people, regardless of wanting a certain gender, can’t really bond with their unborn child because it all feels too unreal, intangible etc??
Are you feeling better after your episode at the hospital? Back to normal?

TTCblue – again congrats to you – so terribly envious! Haha you are more than welcome to join hon ;)

Ash, the weight thing is not easy – is it really that much out of control?? I struggle with exercise too because of all the contractions it triggers plus SPD has started early this pregnancy so my crotch feels like it’s been kicked repeatedly :P and it shows on the scale – I was only this big well into my 2nd trimester last time..sigh

Bluebooties – at the end of the day, no one can tell you what is the best for you – if you feel like not knowing is what gets you through, then so be it!
I think finding out at birth is a wonderful surprise and the baby being there, it is “easier” to deal with because you fall in love with them then and there.

Mommax3 – people clearly don’t realise the hurt they cause with their comments – it’s sad but true – though I think most don’t mean to offend or upset (some are just plain stupid and don’t see it even when explained to them).
You are right, nothing wrong for hubby to be the center of the universe of his harem of girls, that look at him with eyes full of love like he is the world’s greatest hero…I think the men actually have the easiest part in being the only men in a girl tribe! shame people can’t see that, my husband is definitely not traumatised ;) having said that, as much as I wanted to be a boy mum, I try to project myself with my girls – even far in the future and hope to share lots with them, even as young adults etc and reckon if the affinities and bond are there,it must be awesome!

:hugs: to all!

Ok I better run, have loads to do :P

LMSM
October 10th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Oh PBN we posted at the same time – hon, definitely share your pregnancy, it’s so lovely!
You have walked a long road to get there, you so deserve sharing your happiness :D

Mommy2apples
October 10th, 2017, 07:38 PM
You all said that beautifully ttc, pbn, lmsm! Thanks for sharing your beautiful words!
Ttc I keep track with nacire, we talk in pm regularly.

Mommy2apples
October 10th, 2017, 07:43 PM
Ash!! So many hugs!

Pbn3
October 10th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Ash do you do a glucose tolerance test soon? Mine is tomorrow [emoji38] I keep getting comments how big my bump is for my gestation which I agree and feel the same but I was measuring bang on time at my 20w scan.... I refuse to get on the scales except for when I have to at my obs appts [emoji23] I just keep remembering that I've lost alot of weight before and I can do it again! So can you!!

Shannshaff wow 5 or less weeks [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50] omg!! Cant wait for your beautiful boys birthday [emoji170]

Ttc Bluedreaming and Nacire are part of the facebook group. Mtolbert and Nacire are doing well and both are ttc again [emoji173] I haven't heard from mummy2boys for awhile but I keep an eye on her chart in case...

Lmsm thank you and it's wonderful to hear from you [emoji173] I am having a fantastic time and my heart could literally explode when bub starts thumping away! I am loving this stage so much while the movements are still comfortable [emoji23] hope your SPD treats you kindly this pregnancy and what a pain its started so early!!! I only said to a friend yesterday that I feel like I've been repeatedly kicked between the legs [emoji23] but I overdid it yesterday and the day before so I gave noone but myself to blame. I experienced alot of pain last night, like my tummy was tearing open from the inside [emoji50] I'm assuming it was a combination of being too physical and my stomach muscles separating.... after a good rest last night I'm good as new this morning [emoji3]

Mommy2apples I cannot wait for your bfp. Your pregnancy will be the most followed pregnancy in the world [emoji173][emoji173]!!! I will expect daily reports [emoji23][emoji23]

Pbn3
October 10th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Mommy2apples can you delete some pm's? Your inbox is full [emoji38]

Mommy2apples
October 10th, 2017, 08:18 PM
You can count on it pbn [emoji6]
Daily reports just for you! Lol might as well!!

Going too now [emoji16]

maximbella
October 10th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Thank you for such beautiful words. Truly touching and so incredibly kind. I'm lucky to have found this group!! I'm going to log off for a few days just to give myself a mental break. I'll be back soon!

Pbn, I'm so thrilled to hear that you're doing well and loving the journey! Please feel free to share - we are all in different points, but are all ultimately happy for one another. [emoji175]

Ttc, congrats so happy for you!!!!

Shan, I am thinking about you!!!

TtcBlue18
October 10th, 2017, 08:54 PM
Mommy and PBN, thanks for the updates on the other ladies. I miss them and was so sad to hear. I'm glad they are doing okay and I hope they keep in touch.

Pbn, I feel the same way. I don't want to post expressing feelings of joy or happiness for getting my own desired gender when so many have got opposites and others have even lost their babies. I feel like it would be very insensitive. [emoji17]

There's just an over wheeling amount of sad news that I'm just finding out after being gone the last few months, it's not at all the outcomes I expected for all these wonderful ladies.

Pbn3
October 10th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Ttcblue have added you to our ddg info page 1 [emoji6]

The thing is, it's ok to post happy posts and its ok to post sad posts. We all know we are all on a different journey and while there may be envy and/or not complete understanding there will always be love, support and empathy. And most importantly there will never be any judgement [emoji173] that's all the matters in the end is that we are here for each other in both the good and bad times and no one should ever feel like an outsider.

Bluebooties
October 10th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Hi ttcblue! Good to hear from you and you are very welcome here! We have a private facebook group going as well, if you'd like to join then pm me [emoji3]

I feel so bad for you ladies going through GD and really wish there was something I could say or do to help but I think we all know its simply a time thing and cant be wished away no matter how hard [emoji22]

Maxim and anyone else feeling the same about feeling like you have to limit posts because you're worried about negativity. Please don't and please post whenever you need [emoji173] I understand how you feel but from the other end. I find myself holding back posting how much I'm enjoying this last pregnancy for fear of upsetting someone or making them feel bad that they don't feel the same [emoji53] I think we can realise and can accept everyone is going through a different journey at the moment and just do our best to offer support and encouragement. There is no wrong or right way to feel, there is simply feeling if that makes sense [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G900I using TapatalkVery well said pbn3 ! My sentiments exactly

LMSM
October 10th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Mommy2apples – oh yes, we totally will expect daily reports - can’t wait for you to get that BFP! PS: will respond to your PM asap ^^

PBN: oh yes the still not painful but clear movements are the best – it’s my favourite – that’s why I tell hubby I know I will miss it as soon as bub is out – I think I am addicted haha
Right now I can feel faint movement, cannot wait for proper clear unmistakable thumps, especially ones hubs and the girls can feel – DD1 keeps asking why she is not ready to come out yet :D Good luck for the glucose test tomorrow = I must admit I hate it as I pass out lol
It’s your 3rd baby, no wonder you show bigger and faster – it’s a wonder my colleagues haven’t made comments yet (haven’t announced the pregnancy yet) as I am friggin big lol
You’re totally right with not wanting weight to dictate your pregnancy, you are healthy, so is bub, the doc is not worried, so def not worth it putting a damper to your enjoyment :D
I know you are a wonderwoman but do take it easy eh? How is the playroom coming along? :D

Max – be kind to yourself, look after yourself – and feel free to PM if you need :hugs: looking forward to having you back when you are feeling somewhat better but never feel bad for needing to vent, we all need to release the pressure by saying what is on our chest sometimes!! Don’t hold it all in! (and if that can be any comfort, considering how gorgeous you are and your girls are, that little man is going to be super handsome, and I could tots have him as an son-in-law, our kids may have the same birthday too hehe :P. I’ve got family in the US so that works ^^).

Pbn3
October 10th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Hahaha!! Hardly wonderwoman [emoji6][emoji23] although I would love to have her physique [emoji3][emoji23] the tiler came in just this morning to grout so its all done now, just waiting for it to dry. I'm having a couple of lazy days then hope to start sanding the walls on the weekend. Really hoping the weather isn't too humid [emoji29]

LMSM
October 10th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Don’t we all wish that haha :D
Yeah the weather down in Brissie is looking muggy over the rest of the week – hope it isn’t the case up your way!!

Mommy2apples
October 10th, 2017, 10:05 PM
Max, you can message me anytime you know that!

Lmsm: sorry if you tried to send my box is getting full on an empty stomach? I mean literally there's no messages in there... lol just deleted the two that were..

TtcBlue18
October 10th, 2017, 11:08 PM
Thanks for adding me in Pbn! [emoji3] My doctor has my due date as April 2nd, but that's because, where I go, they must always go by LMP (unless you don't know it). But there are multiple reasons that I'm completely convinced my actual due date should be March 31st and that the ultrasound is correct. Not that 2 days makes a difference, because dd1 was 2 weeks early and dd2 was 2 weeks late.
Does anybody else have experience with a baby going over due? Dd2 was 10lbs and I had a hard time with natural delivery. There were a lot of complications in the delivery room that made it a very scary experience. I've been told by my doctor that once you have a baby go over due, your chances of the next pregnancy going over due significantly increase. So it's something I'm really worried about.

Pbn3
October 10th, 2017, 11:20 PM
My ds1 was due on the 11th and I was getting strong contractions for two and a half days before my water actually broke early hours of the 15th like 1am (I had him Sunday morning but stayed in hospital the Thursday night before this as they thought he would be coming then after measuring the contractions) he was 9p11oz amd was born via emergency csection. Ds2 was a scheduled c-section for a week before due date which got shifted to the following day after my appt 11 days before due date because he was measuring so big. He was born 9p8.75oz 10 days early. However this pregnancy, although my bump is quite large, I'm apparently measuring right in time (or was at least at my 20w scan) so I guess it may not always mean you're destined for bigger babies.. My sisters kids were girl 8 pound something, boy 10p13oz and boy 7p something. I wouldn't worry just yet :)

Mommy2apples
October 11th, 2017, 06:41 AM
My babies went
Ds 1: 7.14
Dd. 8.8
Ds 2. 8.2
Ds 3. 7.10

AshFind
October 11th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Welcome here anytime ttc [emoji4]
LMSM it's not horrible yet I'm right at 20-21lbs but my goal is only 10 more which seems soooo hard to do.
Pbn my test needs to be done between the 22nd and the30th so sometime between there. But the weird thing is My u/s was straight on also just one day ahead. So maybe it's just the way the dr measured hopefully it's wrong lol.
Shan 5 weeks [emoji50] EXCITING
Pbn my fear is pushing out a large baby I don't know why but I worry more about this than anything else! I've never had one over 6lb 13oz I'm afraid this little girl is going to be a chubby butt [emoji4]

mommaxo3
October 11th, 2017, 09:18 AM
I can't wait for my girls to be able to feel the baby. I know it'll be soon because the kicks are unmistakable at this point but it's more of a timing issue. Baby kicks a lot during the day while I'm at work and then right before I go to bed and they're already asleep. My SO has felt the kicks a few times now.

I find it odd on people commenting on the size of a pregnant woman's belly...since when are all women the same shape and size? I had a guy at work last week say "Whoa any day now, right?" Uh no. I've been measuring spot on to my corresponding week since I found out I was pregnant and I haven't gained much weight (6lbs as of last week and I'm 23 weeks).

Ttc - I've had 2 overdue babies and am fully expecting this one to be overdue as well. I've done a lot of reading on the subject and it does appear that yes in fact the chances of carrying overdue go up. I'm going to ask the doctor, closer towards the end, if there's anything I can do to help my body prepare as my 2nd was just under a week overdue and on induction day I was still not dilated or effaced even a little. DD1 was 6lb 10oz and DD2 was 8lbs 5oz so I'm expecting over 9lbs this time around.

Shann- 5 more weeks, that's exciting. I'm sure you'll bond once he's here. It's difficult to bond with someone you've never met before, even if they are taking up residence inside you lol.

4blue2pink
October 11th, 2017, 09:32 AM
yay for joining this group Ttcblue :D

its my youngest childs 1st birthday today :heart: she's our successful pink sway baby and i cant believe shes already 1!! now wishing, hoping and praying that our second sway has also worked, only time will tell..

does anyone else get episodes of pain that feel as if your stomach muscles are being torn apart inside? its complete agony and lasts maybe 3-5mins then eases off, its always the lower half of my stomach and usually more on one side than the other (it changes sides) it could be muscles or ligaments i really dont know but god it hurts!! i had it for the first time with my 3rd baby and it has got worse each time since :( no one-thing sets it off, i can be standing, sitting or laying in bed it really doesnt matter it just comes out of nowhere and i cant do anything except wait for it to ease off on its own.

also nosebleeds!! anyone else having these? im averaging 2 a day at the moment, never had this before i never normally get them :-/

maximbella
October 11th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Hi ladies....I know I need to just log off for a few days and get my feelings into check, but I wanted to just share something that happened because I honestly don't know who else I can speak to about this, or who will understand. My sister in law (who isn't at all my favorite!), has 2 girls and knows from previous conversations how much I would have wanted all girls like I had growing up, just told us that she is pregnant and having her third girl. As if that doesn't cut like a knife, she said to me "the Lord really knew what He was doing by blessing us with another daughter, it will be like your experience growing up". She knows that we are having a boy and although I put on a brave face and tell her that we are excited to experience a son, she totally knows how I feel. It was such a trigger for me when I'm already feeling like I'm at rock bottom. Not anything that anyone can say or do, just had to get it off my chest. I feel like I've been bottling up a lot, I'm not sharing my overall feelings with my husband and am trying not to share too much with my mom or sisters because I can see that they're already worried about me. I'm sorry to vent once more!

AshFind
October 11th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Max I'm not trying to be mean when I say there are probably only a hand full out there who want to experience all same sex children. She is probably sooooo jealous your getting to experience a boy she's just being deceitful towards you. Rub it in her face your getting a boy [emoji23][emoji23] or be the better person I guess and ignore it.

Mommy2apples
October 11th, 2017, 10:55 AM
That's what I was thinking as well ash. I think I'd just be the bigger person though, and not sink to their level.

Mommy2apples
October 11th, 2017, 10:56 AM
If any of you all need to message me real quick you can at mommy2apples3912@gmail.com as my Tapatalk isn't allowing me to get many messages now, just let me know who you are. Lol

Mommy2apples
October 11th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Nacire! I can't find you to message you so message me! Lol

Shannshaff
October 11th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Max, vent away. We all have felt it at some point when we haven’t been lucky enough to get our desired genders. If there is place where you won’t be judged, it’s here!
I know it is so hard to see the family you had pictured in my mind not come to life – and there is nothing wrong with feeling that way.
I truly think it will only be once our babes are in our arms that we will be able to cast GD aside and bond fully with them – doesn’t mean we will love them any less.
It is unfair – it is – but we have so little control over conception and what ensues – it is such a miracle in its own right ..
You would think with my previous infertility journey (albeit not anywhere near as long as so many others) I would have come to terms with being truly, deeply content with just being blessed with healthy babies – not pink, not blue – healthy, the end.
But that is not the case – I do feel blessed, but I feel like a piece of the puzzle is missing somehow, too..
If before we had kids someone had asked me to choose gender – as in “you can only have one gender for all your kids, pick now” – I would have said boy, no hesitation at all, no regrets. And here I am, mother of two soon three girls – never what I “wanted” or would have chosen for myself - and never did I think I would be so in love with them. Because really, beyond the rest, it’s their souls, personalities that make them who they are – they are MY kids, fiercely so, and I could not love them any more than I do.
It may seem hypocritical to say this whilst I am myself going through bouts of GD – but even if I never will get to experience “the other gender”, I do think that children know, innately how to make you fall head over heels for them. I am sure you little man will, too. It may not be until he is born and you lock eyes for the first time, but I promise you it will happen.
I have the strongest bond with my DD2, whom I so much wanted to be a boy but wasn’t – to this day, she is as much of a mumma’s girl as can be and I love it – I am convinced she just knew what to do to make her mama melt and forget she ever wished she has been anything but what she is ;)

Shann- like I was saying to Max, I am sure you will bond with your little man once he is here…how many people, regardless of wanting a certain gender, can’t really bond with their unborn child because it all feels too unreal, intangible etc??
Are you feeling better after your episode at the hospital? Back to normal?

TTCblue – again congrats to you – so terribly envious! Haha you are more than welcome to join hon ;)

Ash, the weight thing is not easy – is it really that much out of control?? I struggle with exercise too because of all the contractions it triggers plus SPD has started early this pregnancy so my crotch feels like it’s been kicked repeatedly :P and it shows on the scale – I was only this big well into my 2nd trimester last time..sigh

Bluebooties – at the end of the day, no one can tell you what is the best for you – if you feel like not knowing is what gets you through, then so be it!
I think finding out at birth is a wonderful surprise and the baby being there, it is “easier” to deal with because you fall in love with them then and there.

Mommax3 – people clearly don’t realise the hurt they cause with their comments – it’s sad but true – though I think most don’t mean to offend or upset (some are just plain stupid and don’t see it even when explained to them).
You are right, nothing wrong for hubby to be the center of the universe of his harem of girls, that look at him with eyes full of love like he is the world’s greatest hero…I think the men actually have the easiest part in being the only men in a girl tribe! shame people can’t see that, my husband is definitely not traumatised ;) having said that, as much as I wanted to be a boy mum, I try to project myself with my girls – even far in the future and hope to share lots with them, even as young adults etc and reckon if the affinities and bond are there,it must be awesome!

:hugs: to all!

Ok I better run, have loads to do :P

That message made me tear up. Thank you LMSM!

I am doing fine now. No more episodes with the Kidney Stone. I am just having the normal end of pregnancy stuff now. I just still can't believe I will have a baby soon. My brain is doing weird stuff to me. It looks like this little man dropped last night as he is now lower and I can't walk very well ;) Here is a pic to show. (Sorry, it is at work and not a very good one)

Shannshaff
October 11th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Sorry, not sure how or why that pic is so huge! UGH

TtcBlue18
October 11th, 2017, 12:49 PM
I can't wait for my girls to be able to feel the baby. I know it'll be soon because the kicks are unmistakable at this point but it's more of a timing issue. Baby kicks a lot during the day while I'm at work and then right before I go to bed and they're already asleep. My SO has felt the kicks a few times now.

I find it odd on people commenting on the size of a pregnant woman's belly...since when are all women the same shape and size? I had a guy at work last week say "Whoa any day now, right?" Uh no. I've been measuring spot on to my corresponding week since I found out I was pregnant and I haven't gained much weight (6lbs as of last week and I'm 23 weeks).

Ttc - I've had 2 overdue babies and am fully expecting this one to be overdue as well. I've done a lot of reading on the subject and it does appear that yes in fact the chances of carrying overdue go up. I'm going to ask the doctor, closer towards the end, if there's anything I can do to help my body prepare as my 2nd was just under a week overdue and on induction day I was still not dilated or effaced even a little. DD1 was 6lb 10oz and DD2 was 8lbs 5oz so I'm expecting over 9lbs this time around.

Shann- 5 more weeks, that's exciting. I'm sure you'll bond once he's here. It's difficult to bond with someone you've never met before, even if they are taking up residence inside you lol.4blue2pink: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR BABY!!! [emoji16][emoji512][emoji320][emoji322]

Thank you ladies for the replies.

My Dd1 was 10 days before her due date (I jumped the gun a little by saying 2 weeks early) but at my very first appointment when they asked me the first day of my LMP I gave them the first day of the last time I bled. Which was very light, lasted only 2 days, and happened only 2 weeks after my previous period. But I was only 19 and it was my first baby. I didn't know about implantation bleeding. So I've always kind of wondered if my due date was off by a couple weeks, making her 2 days late rather than 10 days early. She was 8lbs 13oz.

Dd2 was 12 days late and 10lbs 0oz. I managed to just barley have a natural delivery because her oxygen kept dropping every time I would push. I later found out that her cord was wrapped around her neck twice, it was so tight they couldn't take it over her head. They had to wait til she was out to get it off. They said they should have taken her by c-section, but after her head was out, it was too late. She also had a vowel movement in the womb. They said it was very dangerous and a common risk with over due babies.

So this one I'm just very afraid of letting him go over due, but I'm also afraid of needing a c-section. I've never had one and afraid it would limit my abilities to take care of myself and 3 kids, being a stay at home mom with no one to help me. I know it's early to be worrying about this, but I can't seem to get it off my mind.

Mommax, that's exactly how I am too. My contractions kick in, but I don't dilate. With both pregnancies I went from 2 to 10 within the final hour, even though i was in labor all day long. I've been told by a friend that they can "strip your membranes" and it's supposed to bring on natural labor sooner. I've never heard of this, but that's what I'm hoping for with this one. Has anyone ever had this done??

TtcBlue18
October 11th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Max, I completely agree with Ash. That's exactly what I thought as I read your message. She most likely wanted a boy after 2 Girls and is so jealous that someone who didn't even hope for a son is getting to experience one. She's trying to make herself excited about a 3rd daughter by flaunting that she's getting something someone else longed for. How spiteful! But on the other side, just remember you're getting something that so many long for. I hope you feel better. [emoji173]

maximbella
October 11th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Thank you so much...I never looked at it like that before. I do appreciate everyones comments. You ladies are the best!

Mommy2apples
October 11th, 2017, 01:49 PM
This is ridiculous no pms in my inbox on tapatalk and it won't let me message anyone [emoji17]

atomic sagebrush
October 11th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Yeah they keep "updating" Tapatalk and EVERY time it makes stuff on the site worse and worse and there is nothing we can do about it at all! So sorry guys

Mommy2apples
October 11th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Pbn! I wanted to send this to you, but instead I'll share my excitement about this cycle with everyone!!

Last cycle is mimicking this cycle, so I did bd too late last cycle, as my peak probably would've been cd 14 last month as well, but my easy@home opks don't become positive until the following night and by that time it's too late to conceive.. lol my body is weird!

Here's last months cycle
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171011/ba2d019d6a9d503f8da43324bbfc6838.jpg
Here's cd 14 peak lastnighthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171011/b62924a8631e6d22b21f4881e4aaf66c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171011/c32c43734cd17a62ac15438ae066eee4.jpg
Then this cycles opks and tonight will more than likely be positive again if not tomorrow https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171011/b5e951657ad318bcaa29289f5722860c.jpg

Mommy2apples
October 11th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Thanks Atomic!

AshFind
October 11th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Ttc blue I had a friend who had that done and she said it was very painful but her water did break the same evening or next night in not sure. But when she did go into the hospital they said why didn't one of the others induce you? Your baby is to big so she ended up with a c-section. So maybe with your history they'll take that into consideration and induce you a bit earlier.
Mommy that's so exciting! I'm so ready for you to start testing [emoji854]

Mommy2apples
October 11th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Thanks Ash! I'm really excited this cycle!

XXforhubby
October 11th, 2017, 04:21 PM
I’m so glad you figured that out Mommy! It’s crazy how something that seems so simple our bodies can make so complicated! I felt like my body didn’t get the memo you’re supposed to so 24-36 hours after positive opk. It took me ages to figure out I was Oing 48hrs after my first positive opk so my attempts were often way too early or too late.

I’m SO hoping and praying this is your cycle Mommy! I can’t wait for you to start testing. Have you worked out when you will test, or are you waiting for AF to be late? I’m needing dates so I can know when to stalk [emoji102][emoji352][emoji23][emoji23]!

mommaxo3
October 11th, 2017, 04:24 PM
4blue 2 pink - Happy Birthday to your little lady!

Maxi your SIL sounds awful but I second Ash's suggestion. If this is her last baby rub in that you're getting a boy and excited for the new experience and how your DH is getting a son to play catch with ect. But I'm pretty mean pregnant lol.

Ttc - I've never had my membranes striped but I've heard of it. I guess it's something ask the doctor about towards the end. Also my first also had the cord around her neck coming through the birth canal and they vacuumed her out because she was facing my thigh because the cord prevented her from turning the rest of the way and she wasn't coming down the rest of the way. But you should bring your concerns up to your doctor about baby size.

Mommy2apples
October 11th, 2017, 04:38 PM
Xx! How are you feeling? What was going on with your bp?

I thinking maybe the 23rd? That'll be 12 dpo hopefully and I should start af hopefully she stays clear away on the 26th or so! It's crazy bodies are too crazy!!

Pbn3
October 11th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Mommy2apples yep that's why I was soooooo excited for your evening solid smiley even though the morning catridge looked a ways off!! Absolutely nailed your surge this cycle and I couldn't be more excited for you [emoji173] Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling Tapatalk? Let me know if that helps. I had no notifications between updates not long ago and it was so frustrating!!

Ttcblue your labour sounds just like my ds1 only I never dilated past 3cm from memory. He also passed meconium in the womb and his hb was dropping every contraction. My failure to progress combined with this resulted in an emergency csection. The doctor also said the cord was wrapped super tight around his neck twice so while I was terrified going in it was such beyond a relief in the end just to have him safely in my arms.

4blue2pink I only juat complained of tearing stomach pain yesterday!! I believe I'd overdone two days in a row and my tummy muscles were already separating but I made it worse by being too active... it hurt so bad I was nearly considering going in to the hospital to be checked out as a precaution but after resting up overnight and taking it easy yesterday I feel great! Also yes to the nosebleeds!!!! Not every day but maybe once sometimes twice a week? It's strange when you're not used to having them but I remember the same happening in my second pregnancy :)

Maxim I second everything Ash said [emoji173]

Xxforhubby how are you?

Mommy2apples
October 11th, 2017, 05:50 PM
Pbn, I'll try that tonight and see if it'll work. I know it's crazy how my surge is super quick like that! So glad I have you guiding me through this as lol I probably would've never figure it out!

LMSM
October 11th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Max – I would second everything the ladies said – I mean, the way about it isn’t right as she knew of your strong desire to have a third girl, and it is just spiteful – but if she actually wanted a boy, it may be her only way of coping, her defence so to speak – not saying she is right about her attitude, and it definitely was hurtful to you and she would have known so….
But I guess as someone who desperately wanted a boy and didn’t get one, seeing someone get what I wanted so bad, I would tend to just put on a brave face and show the world that the gender I got was just what I wanted.
I hope you get better soon :hugs: definitely keep talking about it, I think that is the best you can do, not bottling it up inside….we’re here :hugs:

4B2p – happy (belated) birthday to your little lady, hope you had a wonderful day celebrating her!

M2A - I did try PM'ing you and no joy - will try again later if it still fails, will email lol
FX so much for this to be your cycle - looking good!!! :D

Afm – my boss finally approved my return to full time, so will go FT mid-November – it will allow me to have more time to work through deadlines and milestones knowing I will go on leave probably first week of March. I haven’t told her about the pregnancy yet, but don’t this bump can be hidden much longer – I think I might have to maybe next week – I’ll be 17 weeks, so starting to get serious :P
Also, not pregnancy related – but have any of you ever gotten a sort of cyst under your toes? I have a recurrent one, usually not really sore and usually goes away on its own after a day or so – only showing up randomly. But it’s been there for 2 days and I can barely walk as it is just under my toe and any pressure hurts… wonder if I should just give some more days or take it to the Dr?

Xx

Pbn3
October 11th, 2017, 10:32 PM
Ouch! Sounds sore lmsm [emoji46] I'd go to the doc and see about having it removed while its back?

Mommy2apples
October 11th, 2017, 10:41 PM
Lmsm: thanks and yes tapatalk is giving me troubles, so if you want send me an email as that's the only way I am able to communicate, besides in the forum!
I'm so glad you get to go to full time!! I'd go to the dr to be safe about your cyst. Hope you start feeling better soon!

TtcBlue18
October 11th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Ttc blue I had a friend who had that done and she said it was very painful but her water did break the same evening or next night in not sure. But when she did go into the hospital they said why didn't one of the others induce you? Your baby is to big so she ended up with a c-section. So maybe with your history they'll take that into consideration and induce you a bit earlier.
Mommy that's so exciting! I'm so ready for you to start testing [emoji854]

[emoji170](07) [emoji170](09) [emoji170](14)[emoji170](15)[emoji166] EDD 1-15-18[emoji166]Thanks so much ladies, I guess I'll just leave it at that and talk to them later on about possibly stripping membranes at 39 weeks..

Ash, I know this sounds super weird, but I'm also deathly afraid of being induced. I didn't let them induce me with dd2 because my doctor told me like 9 times out of 10 inductions are unsuccessful and end in c-section, and I really don't want a c-section. If it comes down to it, I'll do whatever I have to just to make sure baby is safe, but the idea of a c-section when I could have possibly avoided it makes me uneasy.

LMSM
October 12th, 2017, 12:17 AM
Oh and will return on the subject of sizes of babes, and birth when I have a tad more time to do a LMSM style novel haha… TTC if this is something worrying you already, there are good reads to have now to give yourself some comfort in your ability to do this ;)
I am reading Ina May Gaskin atm – the uni I work at used to give midwifery courses so the library still has some literature on the subject – and as a staff I have free access :D so that is my read during commute haha

Will try to go see the doc but probs won’t be until tomorrow at the earliest or even Saturday…sigh

dancingdiva88
October 12th, 2017, 03:09 AM
I have to share this story. My cousin who is now 28 (a year younger than me) had leukaemia when she was 8. Had chemo and radiation, lost all her hair, things weren't looking good so the Make-a-Wish foundation granted her wish of going over to USA to go to Disneyland. She was told (as Were her parents) that it would be near impossible for her to ever have children as the treatments had made her infertile (obviously saved her life though). Two years ago she met this amazing guy and as much as he wanted kids he said he would rather be with her than have children. She had to watch her three sisters all go on to have 3-4 kids and she became just "the cool aunty" with 10 nieces and nephews.
With a lot of love and ease she fell pregnant and announced it today. Naturally, not needing IVF. Just a miracle baby. I got so teary with her news this morning.
Sometimes doctors really are wrong.

Pbn3
October 12th, 2017, 03:12 AM
Omg Dancingdiva what an amazing beautiful story [emoji173][emoji173] I am so happy for your cousin and her amazing man! These are the true miracles in life!

Skyblue
October 12th, 2017, 03:16 AM
Wow Dancingdiva. Made me super emotional too. What a beautiful story. I wish the best to the wonderful couple.
Hi all. I have been busy lately since it’s a week of minimum day at DD’s school.
Hope everyone is doing good. I m off to bed. Will come back tomorrow and catch up.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6513f2

Mommy2apples
October 12th, 2017, 06:40 AM
Dancingdiva!! That's such a blessing!! God is so good!! I'm so excited for your cousin!!

4blue2pink
October 12th, 2017, 06:48 AM
Pbn its agony :( it really feels like tearing, i assume its the muscles but ive no idea really, it stops as soon as i have the baby.

Ttcblue surely after DD2 being so big your doctor/midwives are going to keep a close eye on the size of your little boy? your DD1 was a good sized baby too so if they haven't said anything yet id ask when you next see them, tell them you are worried he will end up very big and that you have a history of large babies etc.. they may suggest things they can do.
membrane stripping is very common here, they call it a "stretch and sweep" some women say it hurts while others arent bothered by it at all, it does seem to have quite high success rates in starting labour in women who are already headed that way anyway, but if your body isnt ready it wont really do anything.

Dancingdiva that is amazing :heart:

netti02
October 12th, 2017, 07:45 AM
Ttc ive had my membranes sweeped a few times. Its worth a shot but doesn't always work and can give a false labour.

DS1- he was overdue by a week and abit. Ended up starting labour however contractions slowed. They broke my waters, 1 and a half hours later he was born. He was approx 8p 7o.

ds2 i had a membrane sweep around due date. It was uncomfortable but not that bad . Labour started a few days later for me. Start to finish 4 hours. He was 9p 10o and my biggest baby and most straight forward birth no mucking around.

Ds3 i had some membrane sweeps. Nothing happened and I was induced as they didn't want me going far over. It was actually not that bad. Started drip, waters broke spontaneously. Total 3 and a half hours. He was 8p 10o approx.

Ds4 they tried a membrane sweep. Had a false labour that night and didn't bother again. I was extremely sick with a stomach bug the day he was born. I ended up going in as some contractions had started in the afternoon. Waters broke spontaneously. Total tome about 7 hours when my first contractions started but they were on and off til the waters broke. He was 9p 5o approx.

Ds5- came almost a week early after BD the night before 🤣. I had pains on the Thursday morning however he didn't arrive til Friday at noon. after fluffing about with contractions on and off and a burning cervix, i begged them Friday morning to rupture my membranes as they were threatening to move me to post natal. They did he was born not even 1 and a half hours later 8p 8o approx.

And this one. Well who knows [emoji23][emoji23]

Love reading that Dancing. Drs certainly don't always get it right.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mommaxo3
October 12th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Ttc - your doctor is a liar. Only 24% of inductions result in csection, (https://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/labor-delivery/truth-about-induction). I've had 2 inductions that were vaginal births and I know several other women who also were induced without a csection. Only 1 person I know was induced and had a csection because of not progressing. I think your doctor was just trying to scare you. I hope to go into labor on my own for the first time with this baby but I'm sure she'll be an induction as well.

Dancingdiva - thats amazing news. I hope she has a smooth and healthy pregnancy and baby!

AshFind
October 12th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Ttc they shouldn't have told you that. I've been induced twice one I was dilated already but the second was an emergency situation and I wasn't dilated at all and only 36w4d but it all ended fine

TtcBlue18
October 12th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Ttc - your doctor is a liar. Only 24% of inductions result in csection, (https://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/labor-delivery/truth-about-induction). I've had 2 inductions that were vaginal births and I know several other women who also were induced without a csection. Only 1 person I know was induced and had a csection because of not progressing. I think your doctor was just trying to scare you. I hope to go into labor on my own for the first time with this baby but I'm sure she'll be an induction as well.

Dancingdiva - thats amazing news. I hope she has a smooth and healthy pregnancy and baby!Thank you all for sharing your experiences with me, it really had made me feel much, much better!

Mommaxo3, that's very interesting. I wouldn't necessarily say she was lying, but perhaps she was meaning in her experiences with inductions they usually end in c-section. Where I'm from a lot of women do schedule inductions early (37ish weeks) and maybe that's why many are unsuccessful at my hospital, if their body is not ready??
Or maybe she was even reffering to the rates of inductions using the Foley catheter.. because I got on Google (of course, my stupid, worry-wart self) and read a lot of terrible things that (rarely) happen to babies induced with oxytocin, so I freaked and told them I didn't want drugs. Then they offered me the Foley catheter because they were pushing me to be induced, but I was scared (not wanting to drug my baby or throw myself into a c-section).. Now after dd2 I'm aware of the risks of having an overdue baby and that had me concerned too. [emoji17][emoji17]

I'm really, really happy to hear that so many of you have had successful inductions. You've really helped to ease my mind. As long as baby is safe and healthy in my arms next Spring, I will be beyond blessed, no matter how we have to get him out.

AshFind
October 12th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Ttc with my second induction I also had the foley cath to start it up, then they broke my water, and started pitocin. And he was my shortest labor.

TtcBlue18
October 12th, 2017, 02:32 PM
That's awesome!! Definetly makes me feel better. If you don't mind me asking, how many weeks were you when you had the second induction?

AshFind
October 12th, 2017, 02:35 PM
36+4 and it wasn't really that uncomfortable at all. They put the foley in blew it up and taped it pulled tight to the side of my leg and said every commercial to give it a little tug and hubby had just gotten to the hospital when it came out. Freaked me out a little because it was bloody but I don't remember any pain at all from this process or them breaking my water. I have had to have my water broken every time even at 35 weeks because I'm near pushing and it's still not broken yet. [emoji15] it's a lot more painful when your in active labor

TtcBlue18
October 12th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Oh never mind I just looked back and found it, you were only 36.5 weeks?? I definitely think I'm going to have them strip my membranes at 39 weeks and if it doesn't work I'll ask to be induced on my due date!

mommaxo3
October 12th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Ttc - why would they do inductions at 37 weeks if theres no medical reason? Of course if the baby and the woman's body isn't ready it may have a higher chance to result in a c section. Although my 2nd I was almost 41 weeks and not dilated at all but I was contracting on my own just not going any where with it. Around here they won't induce until you're already overdue or within a day or 2 of your due date. I have been reading up on some things to helps prep your body for labor but I'd like to ask the doctor before I use anything. But I won't bring it up to them until the 3rd trimester.

momoffourboyz
October 12th, 2017, 03:32 PM
When I was 8 days overdue with my daughter and not dilated or effaced at all at my appointment that day they set me up for induction like 3 or 4 days later but i went out bought a huge exercise/ birthing ball. And sat on it and with legs spread apart and rolled around on it about half of that day and about half of the day the next day. It pushed her head down on my cervix and opened up my cervix quickly about a day and a half later after i had had my appointment I was in labor and she was out about 5 or 6 hours after labor started.

Lolabelle
October 12th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Hi ladies! Just wanted to pop in & say a quick hello ❤️ I apologize for being away for so long! Work has been so busy with lots of meetings, I find myself exhausted & wanting to get to bed early these days! I have a dr appt tomorrow, but think it's just a simple dr visit & won't have an U/S.

Holy moly-I saw that Sky & Ttc are having BOYS [emoji170][emoji170] Woooohooooo, that is just so fantastic!!!! So happy for both of you!!!! Hope ALL of you are doing well xoxo

Mommy2apples
October 12th, 2017, 09:18 PM
Aww miss you Lola!!

LMSM
October 12th, 2017, 10:23 PM
Thoughts to you all!
Lola, hope the tiredness subsides soon!!

Hubs felt miss butterfly last night, he was so excited ne said he loved her, I think I could have cried then and there! :awe:
Can't wait for the girls to be able to feel her too :) :)

Mommy2apples
October 12th, 2017, 10:32 PM
Aww lmsm!! It's so exciting when you can share the experience with others as well too and they can feel baby move!!

LMSM
October 12th, 2017, 10:46 PM
It was really touching , he was like a kid, when he's been somewhat removed from it all so far, like many men he can't quite connect with a baby that is somewhat intangible still.
It did take a bit of patience but she responded to his touch..I think we'll need proper full on kicks for the girls to really feel it though :D
This is the bit I love about pregnancy, feeling Bub move around...I'm totally addicted to it, and that simple thing (beyond the baby at the end of course) makes the shitty beginnings worthwhile :D

You are in dpo now aren't ya M2A? Fx!!!

Mommy2apples
October 12th, 2017, 10:51 PM
Definitely lmsm!! Love that he connected so beautifully with her tonight! Men are amazing when they do that! I always loved the movement.

Close to it at least just getting attempts in and waiting around for my temp to decide to rise. lol I am in with good attempts this cycle so very excited about that! will get an attempt in Saturday, then dh needs a break this cycle. I'm fine with it, as if pregnancy is in the lords will this cycle, then there's no reason why it shouldn't happen. As we did our part. Lol

TtcBlue18
October 13th, 2017, 01:56 AM
Ttc - why would they do inductions at 37 weeks if theres no medical reason? Of course if the baby and the woman's body isn't ready it may have a higher chance to result in a c section. Although my 2nd I was almost 41 weeks and not dilated at all but I was contracting on my own just not going any where with it. Around here they won't induce until you're already overdue or within a day or 2 of your due date. I have been reading up on some things to helps prep your body for labor but I'd like to ask the doctor before I use anything. But I won't bring it up to them until the 3rd trimester.I honestly don't know why they do inductions without a medical reason, but I personally know quite a few younger gals who were tired of being pregnant and complained of complications-- I'm not doubting that they were in discomfort, but i don't feel like being swollen, achy and tired is reason enough for an induction, but around here it seems to be enough for our doctors if you go to the ER enough, demand it, and sign a consent form. Again, I don't mean to judge or offend anyone in any way, but inductions at 36-37 weeks for nonmedical reasons do happen quite often here. So it's just a thought that maybe that's why do many result in c-section. Which makes me feel quite a bit better if that's the case, because then I wouldn't worry about being induced at 40 weeks.

dancingdiva88
October 13th, 2017, 02:39 AM
I was 40+6 when I had my.induction because my gallbladder had been playing up all 3rd trimester and I kept having gallbladder attacks (sooooo painful!!). They put the gel in and it did nothing! So a few hours layer they did it again and everything kicked into gear. From my first twinge of pain till when she was born was 12 hours. I really was fearful of induction because of horror stories with emergency c-sections but it was actually pretty good. If I go over again by a week or more, I'll opt to have it again.

TtcBlue18
October 13th, 2017, 03:01 AM
I was 40+6 when I had my.induction because my gallbladder had been playing up all 3rd trimester and I kept having gallbladder attacks (sooooo painful!!). They put the gel in and it did nothing! So a few hours layer they did it again and everything kicked into gear. From my first twinge of pain till when she was born was 12 hours. I really was fearful of induction because of horror stories with emergency c-sections but it was actually pretty good. If I go over again by a week or more, I'll opt to have it again.That's great! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was fearful of induction. And the fact that it went smooth for you and so many others is amazing. I honestly didn't know that it was as simple as it now seems. Really make me wish I had done it worth dd2. She finally came on her own at 41+3 (the absolute max my doctors would let me go without an induction). I labored at home all day long and went into my scheduled induction with contractions 2 minutes apart lol.

Lmsm: That's so awesome that dh got to feel her move!! That's my favorite part of pregnancy too! Like yours, my dh also has trouble connecting with the baby before birth (quite understandable I think).. Isn't it so amazing to watch their faces light up when they feel those little baby nudges?

mommaxo3
October 13th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Ttc the csection rate may by higher in your area if that's what they're doing but the average for the US is 24%. Doctors won't even mention it here until you're nearing your 40th week, discomfort isn't enough for them to do it. I would have loved an induction at 39 weeks with my last because of the sciatica and falling all the time (even fell down the steps 4 times) because of it but it wasn't enough for my doctor. He was even reluctant to do it at 40w5d because he said they don't like to do it before 41 weeks but my 41 weeks was on a weekend and I started crying because nothing relieved the pain in my back in front of him.

Lmsm - How exciting DH felt her! I've been waiting for my girls to be able to feel her too but she kicks when they are sleeping or not around. I think I might let them stay up just a bit this weekend so maybe they can catch it.

4blue2pink
October 13th, 2017, 10:11 AM
dont want to start a debate here im just asking out of curiosity.. is everyone in this group planning to breastfeed? ive only seen posts about breastfeeding and none about bottle feeding.

not asking to be judgemental as i honestly couldn't care less how anyone feeds their baby as long as baby gets fed and mum and baby are both happy :) im just wondering if im going to be the only one bottle feeding/switching to bottles very soon after birth?

TtcBlue18
October 13th, 2017, 12:35 PM
dont want to start a debate here im just asking out of curiosity.. is everyone in this group planning to breastfeed? ive only seen posts about breastfeeding and none about bottle feeding.

not asking to be judgemental as i honestly couldn't care less how anyone feeds their baby as long as baby gets fed and mum and baby are both happy :) im just wondering if im going to be the only one bottle feeding/switching to bottles very soon after birth?I'll be breastfeeding my little man for the 1st year and then weaning him to cows milk. Praying all goes well as I was lucky enough to have no issues with my DD's.

Nothing wrong with bottles!! Breastfeeding is a personal choice and honestly very demanding, with so many restrictions on mom. It's much more important to be happy and healthy and enjoy your newborn. Breastfeeding is not a magic pill that will make babies superior to bottle fed babies. You shouldn't feel judged or looked down on for your own personal choice. [emoji173][emoji173]

XXforhubby
October 13th, 2017, 12:56 PM
I always say, “Fed is best”. As long as baby is fed, happy, and healthy, nothing else should matter!

I can’t wait to see more gender announcements! I’m getting so excited for you ladies!

Bluebooties
October 13th, 2017, 01:21 PM
4blue2pink i will be bottle feeding and pumping for atleast the first 6 months as i go back to a crazy work routine only after 3 to 4 weeks. This is my first baby with this new job so if i feel pumping is too demanding i will just go to formula.

Bluebooties
October 13th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Ttc blue i tried to get an elective induction here in USA for work related and non medical concerns and i was told if all is well with my bishops score only then i "can" get it at that too at 39 weeks at bare minimum.

srg09cag11
October 13th, 2017, 02:44 PM
I exclusively bottle feed and will with this one too. I’ve had some non cancerous breast lumps removed in the past, and those procedures make me super sensitive. I don’t pump at all and only use formula.

TtcBlue18
October 13th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Ttc blue i tried to get an elective induction here in USA for work related and non medical concerns and i was told if all is well with my bishops score only then i "can" get it at that too at 39 weeks at bare minimum.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkYes, it's my understanding that that's how it is everywhere (and how it's supposed to be here). I know that sounds odd that they give in and do inductions early, but they literally do all the time. Idon't think they even put up much of a debate. I have always thought it was odd, and very unprofessional.
I never noticed it until my first pregnancy. I was only about 8 months along and all my friends and family was saying "If she's not out by 39 weeks, tell them you want to be induced" and I was totally against that because I (as you can see lol) fear anything but a natural birth. But then I watched as everybody around me did just that throughout the years.
James' cousin was quite big and in a lot of discomfort. She went to the ER a total of like 5 times during her 35th week of pregnancy complaining and they couldn't find anything wrong. Then she said she just knew that something was wrong, and demanded to be induced or she would sue. They brought her a consent form to sign and induced her the same day, the day she turned 36 weeks. Hers was in fact unsuccessful and she had an emergency c-section that evening.
Another friend of mine was induced the day she turned 39 weeks (no medical reason, she just asked to be). They started it Friday and tried all weekend long. They ended up taking her daughter by c-section Monday evening after her oxygen levels significantly dropped.

mommaxo3
October 13th, 2017, 04:50 PM
4blue2pink - I bottle fed my first 2 but since this is my last I'd like to try breastfeeding. My ex husband didn't approve of it and was a huge a-hole so I did what he wanted after being unsuccessful trying to pump for my oldest for almost 8 weeks. My milk just wouldn't come in with the pump. If I end up having to go back to work full time I would just bottle feed. But you should see the looks I've been getting about saying I'd like to try breastfeeding, you'd think I just told them I'm getting her tattooed in the hospital. It's still an odd thing to do around here I guess. But I agree with Xx - Fed is best.

AshFind
October 13th, 2017, 05:33 PM
I'll be breastfeeding. It is demanding but I enjoy it. I have nothing wrong with bottle feeding I have a friend who recently got a nb foster baby and I babysat for a week it was like a different world bottle feeding him. So easy and relaxed and my boys could help. But as a stay at home mom who has nursed for nearly 2 years with two babies with no issue I just can't justify the savings.

momoffourboyz
October 13th, 2017, 06:29 PM
I breastfed all of my four boys but with my daughter, my 5th child, I had to pump and give her bottles because she wouldn't latch on right and would get mad so she wasnt getting the milk and she was kind of stubborn about it. With my boys they didn't care how many times I had to put them back on to latch properly they were content. So I pumped for 8 months and gave it to her in a bottle but I did not get to enjoy much at all in that time and then got sick and was forced to stop, my doctor told me it wasn't good for me or her at that point. So she ended up on formula at 8 and 1/2 months. I feel like whatever works to give you the best possible bonding experience is the best. I really wish I had just bottle fed my daughter right away because I think I could have spent more time with her and my other kids but I really wanted to give her the best possible start in life. I plan to try to breast feed this time to with my 6th child and 5th son but this time if it doesn't work out that way then I will bottle feed because i want to enjoy every moment with this little guy and my other kids to. ☺

AshFind
October 13th, 2017, 08:59 PM
Ladies I think the time crunch is finally starting to sink in to dh! Ds1 asked how many fridays until Christmas and I said 10 dh responds I know your doing a good job saving your money for beds but maybe we should just pull it out of the savings and buy them [emoji23]. FINALLY he is realizing how close this is getting. I only have 9 more shots to go but I honestly just feel like I'll have this baby January 1

LMSM
October 13th, 2017, 10:24 PM
Fed is best, no point breastfeeding if it involves stress..Bub needs a relaxed Mumma, whether that means breast or bottle, honestly, it doesn't matter :)
I did breastfeed DD1 until 12 months, when she self weaned shortly after my miscarriage...it did take 10 days of top ups (so expressing too) of breastmilk and formula as she was so tired, she kept falling asleep so milk took a while to come in enough. After, easy as.
DD2 nursed like a champ from her first minute (too much, milk came in fast and man she sucked like a vacuum my nipples were in excruciating pain for the first week or so) and I had to wean her at 17 months because I just couldn't anymore, almost resenting night feeds, otherwise I think she'd still be nursing lol
This Bub, would like to get to 12 months, but will likely pump once lactation is established so hubs and the girls can give bottles here and there, both to relieve me a bit but also because they need to bond. Hubby said he struggled bonding with DD2 because she was so fusional with me and he missed having the opportunity to feed her like he did with dd1 :)

4blue2pink
October 14th, 2017, 05:35 AM
Thankyou for all the replies :heart: i agree that fed is best, all our babies except our first have had posterior tongue ties (no surgery required) but they do so much damage to me and the pain is unbearable!! even the very first feed ends in me bleeding and in alot of pain :( i breastfed my first for 6 weeks pain-free :) but im terrified of feeding anywhere other than in the house so i ended up housebound which isnt an option now with older kids.
here in the UK some really awful things happen sometimes to breastfeeding mothers in public, verbal abuse, being thrown out of shops/cafe's and off buses and one woman had a bin emptied over her head while she was feeding :( it honestly makes me fear having to feed out and about even with a cover on, you just never know how people will react.

LMSM your so right, when i think back to my last baby i remember feeding her just after she was born and being in so much pain from it for hours afterwards, i was split open and bleeding just off that first feed and it hurt to hold her because the whole area was so sore, its just not worth it when thats the result i dont think!!

momof4boyz im the same in that i think i will be so much happier if i just bottle feed, i love bottle feeding and breastfeeding makes me miserable so it should be an easy choice but i still find myself struggling with what to do!! i hope you get to have a good feeding experience with your little boy :)

ash you make a good point about the cost of bottle feeding, formula isnt cheap!! but we get vouchers which we can use for formula so it ends up being free, just have to pay for the bottles themselves and a sterilizer, i do love that my older ones can give bottles too :)

another thing i find is my babies sleep SO much better as soon as they get on bottles, my first spent the first 6 weeks feeding every hour day and night, i was beyond exhausted by the time i switched him, im always in awe of anyone who can feed for 6-9-12+ months you are all amazing :heart:

and thankyou to all the bottle feeding mama's who have said its what they did or will be doing this time :) its nice to know im not the only one :heart: is there anyone else who is struggling to come to a decision on what to do this time? as i said above this should be an easy choice for me but im torn on what to do about that first feed..

Pbn3
October 14th, 2017, 06:13 AM
4blue2pink I struggled with breast feeding and not being able to exclusively. I felt like an utter failure and couldn't understand how something so natural and apparently easy to do was so darn difficult for me. Both my boys were formula fed from week 2ish onwards. Both times I seen a lactation consultant. With ds2 I even attempted relactation when he was approx 9 weeks to no avail. I feel so determined this time to achieve success with breastfeeding as I haven't been able to previously and for me its become an obsessive goal. My husband is very supportive of bottle/formula feeding as he seen the guilt and self doubt I went through first hand when I couldn't and here in Australia breastfeeding is really pushed. If you don't breastfeed your made to feel like sh*t and you didn't try hard enough, that's been my experience anyway [emoji853]

I am also a believer in fed is best though and while I will struggle again if I fail again I will always do what's best for bub [emoji4] and if that means formula fed then so be it.

In regards to the first feed, I would try and get a couple feeds done before bottle feeding so bub can get as much colostrum as possible.

4blue2pink
October 14th, 2017, 06:53 AM
Pbn im sorry you had such a hard time :( i switched most of mine around day 10, but my youngest switched the day she was born

ive been told its the posterior tongue ties that cause all the pain and damage to me and that they only options are switch to bottles or feed with nipple shields, so i have an answer for why its such an awful experience, and apparently posterior tongue ties run in families meaning if you have 1 baby with it your other babies will be very likely to also have it so im assuming that this baby will too, thankfully it causes no eating or speech difficulties so no need to cut it, im not sure i could cope with seeing that procedure!!

yes thats why im finding the decision hard.. i want baby to get the first milk but i know that in all likelihood that first feed or two will result in me being ripped to bits and in toe-curling agony :( but then i can switch to bottles guilt free *if* they get that from me, ive never bottle fed right from the off and im worried i'll end up guilting myself if i do, so stupid as i dont feel guilty giving bottles, i love bottle feeding! but i think ive tied it up in my head as "bottles are fine as long as baby gets the first feed (or two) from me"

i honestly think its better to be happy and enjoy your baby, they arent babies for long and you dont want to spend that time miserable or upset over feeding, having said that i understand the wanting to succeed at breastfeeding, i truly hope its a good experience for you this time :) but if your not happy then make the switch and stuff anyone who tries to make you feel bad!!

Pbn3
October 14th, 2017, 06:59 AM
Have you thought of hand expressing what colostrum you can into a sterile container and then feeding to bub via syringe for the first few feeds (needleless one I mean like the ones you use with kids panadol) That's what we ended up doing with ds1 between trying to sort out latching issues [emoji53] may be an idea to consider?

Mommy2apples
October 14th, 2017, 07:13 AM
I believe fed is best! Formula fed my first two, breast fed my third for 15 months, tried breastfeeding my fourth, worked for 7 weeks, I was just too depressed to make it work for him.

Mommy2apples
October 14th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Pbn!! That's awful you were made to feel like that! You are great and all that matters is your babies were fed!

dancingdiva88
October 14th, 2017, 07:27 AM
I breastfed my DD until I weaned her fully at 8 and a half months. By around 3 months she was having a mixture of both bottle and boob throughout the day though. I absolutely loved breastfeeding and will do so again with this one. I'll do the same thing too and around 3 months introduce bottle to make it easier when I go out. I'll introduce formula around 5 months like I did with DD but Still breastfeed too.
I was bottle fed with formula from day 1 because my mum has PCOS And her milk never came in (which I have too but luckily I never had a problem with my milk). Don't be guilted by ignorant people - others don't know you're struggle, feelings or medical issues.

4blue2pink
October 14th, 2017, 07:28 AM
yes it crossed my mind, i did that with DS2 because he wouldn't open his mouth for the first 2 days, i really struggled to get any out expressing by hand and ended up with the midwife having to do it too me :-/ it was such a performance hand expressing for 30+mins just to get 1ml of milk out and then having to sterilize the syringes etc that i figured it would be easier to just switch to bottles.

i have tried expressing using a pump too (once milk came in) but found it killed my supply within around 3 days, this might sound very lazy of me but i feel-for me at least that if ive got to be running the sterilizer and washing things up etc then id rather be on bottles, otherwise it feels like its double the work.. all the pain/pumping time etc of breastfeeding plus the washing up and sterilizing of bottle feeding its like the worst of both worlds added together and felt for me like a huge amount of work, but maybe thats because pumping is very very time consuming for me just to get enough out so each feed was like this great big performance!!

im so much happier bottle feeding, i just dont know if i would guilt myself for not doing that first feed, as like you say they really do plug breastfeeding and over here refer to the colostrum as "liquid gold" which makes it seem like even if they get no other milk from you they really do need to have that..

4blue2pink
October 14th, 2017, 07:34 AM
mommy2apples can i ask if you noticed any difference at all in your babies who had bottles for their first few feeds and the ones who were breastfed? ive had certain midwives tell me that giving bottles for those first feeds can make baby much more sicky than ones who get the first milk from mum, i dont mean make them ill just that they are much much more likely to be throwing it up because their stomachs dont handle it as well those first few feeds, which then makes me feel like ive got to do the first few feeds because otherwise im harming the baby and making it lose out on all the antibodies etc :(

15 months is amazing :heart: im sorry you had a hard time with #4 xx

Bluebooties
October 14th, 2017, 07:51 AM
4blue2pink the colostrum really is quite important and using a bump in the first initial days after delivery is neither going to achieve much but is also not recommended. So if u can for the first atleast 3 days to a week hand express or breastfed the colostrum.

4blue2pink
October 14th, 2017, 08:03 AM
i haven't used a pump before my milk came in as i imagine that would be quite painful and as you say pretty much pointless, i did try to hand express with DS2 but it was a nightmare and not something im keen to do again, its either breastfeed those first few feeds or bottle feed from the start.

with my youngest i gave her the first 2 or 3 feeds and then she was put onto bottles and im thinking of doing the same again its just knowing how much pain those feeds cause that worries me

Bluebooties
October 14th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Yeah i breastfeed for the first week and transition to exclusive bottle feeds. My babies have never given me trouble with transitioning from breast to bottle.

I guess in the end do what works for u the best. Every mom and baby are different. What works for one might not work for others

4blue2pink
October 14th, 2017, 11:07 AM
i think its easier to either 100% breastfeed or 100% bottle feed, i find trying to combine the two or pump etc is when it becomes a very time consuming nightmare!

ive never had trouble switching to bottles either, are you planning the same this time around? 1 week of breastfeeding then onto bottles? its nice to hear from someone with plans very similar to my own :)

Bluebooties
October 14th, 2017, 11:10 AM
i think its easier to either 100% breastfeed or 100% bottle feed, i find trying to combine the two or pump etc is when it becomes a very time consuming nightmare!

ive never had trouble switching to bottles either, are you planning the same this time around? 1 week of breastfeeding then onto bottles? its nice to hear from someone with plans very similar to my own :)Yes 4b2p. I plan on a week or maybe 2 of breastfeeding and then bottle feeding from then onwards.

LMSM
October 14th, 2017, 05:48 PM
I expressed from day 1 with DD1 because of issues we had..at first I would only get a few mls..by the end of day two before being discharged from hospital, I will always remember my pride when I managed to express a full 17 mls (from both breasts combined!) lol it is doable if you want to avoid a babe latching and causing pain, yet still give baby the rich colostrum :)
I think just see how you feel on D day and run from there :)

AshFind
October 14th, 2017, 05:48 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171014/ebf17a82fe703a74e0cb6eaafba9211e.jpg
Thought the bump was looking cute today [emoji177] 26w5d and it's HUGE

Mommy2apples
October 14th, 2017, 05:51 PM
So cute ash!!

Pbn3
October 14th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Ash you look gorgeous [emoji7] and I asked my husband and he thinks my bump looks slightly bigger than yours so that would make me humungous [emoji23][emoji23]

AshFind
October 14th, 2017, 06:41 PM
That makes me feel good lol because I feel like everyone here is hardly showing and I'm like WHOA [emoji44]

AshFind
October 14th, 2017, 06:46 PM
It's getting so much harder to breathe and roll over in bed [emoji13]

Pbn3
October 14th, 2017, 06:54 PM
Ash this is me this morning and yesterday. Even my ob said I looked big for 24 weeks at my last appt [emoji23] (im now 26w4d) Some people look surprised when I say I'm due mid January lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171014/d505d3607a2b0444227ea7ad208c85cf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171014/050a50416ea86c2e06db646fe7cace30.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171014/6f776c01071d382d1b2189b4c328671f.jpg

AshFind
October 14th, 2017, 06:55 PM
LOVE! Maybe it's your girl [emoji6] because I don't feel like I have ever been this big this early

AshFind
October 14th, 2017, 06:56 PM
Or maybe it's not early.. we only have less than 14 weeks left [emoji1]

Mommy2apples
October 14th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Wow both of you are just gorgeous with your baby bumps!!

Pbn3
October 14th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Thanks mommy [emoji173] and Ash can you believe we are so close to single digit countdown [emoji50][emoji50]

dancingdiva88
October 14th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Has anyone suffered from pre e? I didn't have it with my.first and usually have lower than normal.blood pressure. The last week I've had terrible headaches on and off with a few episodes of weirs spotty, blurred vision - a few times in the classroom so didn't make a big deal out of it to not scare the kids.
I don't have any swelling. Obviously not sure about NY blood pressure as I can't take it at home. Currently got a terrible headache at the back of my head again today.

dancingdiva88
October 14th, 2017, 07:59 PM
I'm also.not prone to headaches normally.

Pbn3
October 14th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Dancing sorry but I haven't experienced anything like that but how soon can you get checked out?? Sounds scary!

dancingdiva88
October 14th, 2017, 09:14 PM
I have an ob appointment on Thursday afternoon. It seems to have dulled right down after taking some painkillers though thankfully. Still niggling but maybe a tension headache?

XXforhubby
October 14th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Please get it checked out Dancingdiva. I suffered from postpartum Pre-e. Looking back on it, I did have symptoms- swelling and a pressure headache. If the headache is only dulled with medicine, it could be Pre-e. You don’t always have to have swelling. I didn’t have floaters/spots, but you mentioned you had an episode of them.

I would call and tell them. It won’t hurt for you to go in for a BP check and to get the blood work to check for your kidney and liver values.

Hang in there!

Bluebooties
October 14th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Beautiful bumps Ash and Pbn3.

Dancing i agree with XX. U should definitely have someone - OB or GP check ur blood pressure.

TtcBlue18
October 15th, 2017, 01:01 AM
Aww Ash and Pbn, your baby bellies are so cute!
Ash, mine is nearly the same size and I'm only 15w5d lol. Makes me feel fat because my sil is nearly 6 weeks ahead of me and no bump at all.

4blue2pink
October 15th, 2017, 06:08 AM
LMSM i think it will really come down to how i feel about it all right there and then on the day :) its good to know you had success pumping right from day 1 :) thankyou for letting me know xx

Ash and Pbn you both look great!! i cant believe this group is now the next in line to start having babies!!

XX how are you and Olivien getting on?

4blue2pink
October 15th, 2017, 06:09 AM
dancing ive had episodes of blurry vision with some of my pregnancies, its horrid! it never came to anything but id get checked just to be on the safe side, i hope everything is ok :)

XXforhubby
October 15th, 2017, 07:31 AM
LMSM i think it will really come down to how i feel about it all right there and then on the day :) its good to know you had success pumping right from day 1 :) thankyou for letting me know xx

Ash and Pbn you both look great!! i cant believe this group is now the next in line to start having babies!!

XX how are you and Olivien getting on?

We are doing great! Olivian is such an easy baby to care for! I’m not sure if it’s her personality or the fact that this is my 4th baby, but she’s great! Lots of fun to care for! She’s starting to have more periods of wakefulness, which is nice! She likes to be talked to and watch her brothers. Such a content baby!

XXforhubby
October 15th, 2017, 07:36 AM
I’m loving all of the bump pics! Both of you, Ash and Pbn3, look so cute! I don’t think either of you look very big at all! You both are getting close to the final countdown! Time will start to fly by!

XXforhubby
October 15th, 2017, 07:36 AM
How are you feeling Dancingdiva? I’ve been thinking of you!

AshFind
October 15th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Ttc I'm sure it's a beautiful bump.
Dancing is for sure get it checked but I can't say much I hate having to go to the dr for an extra unplanned visit.
Thanks xx I'm on the 20+lbs rise now [emoji30][emoji30] I had not planned to get there but whatever I should just quit weighing at this point [emoji4]

4blue2pink
October 15th, 2017, 08:43 AM
We are doing great! Olivian is such an easy baby to care for! I’m not sure if it’s her personality or the fact that this is my 4th baby, but she’s great! Lots of fun to care for! She’s starting to have more periods of wakefulness, which is nice! She likes to be talked to and watch her brothers. Such a content baby!

aww bless her :) my 4th was really easy too, he just arrived and slotted right into our family i felt like there was no adjustment needed!! i honestly think the more you have the easier the adjustment to baby is, they seem to just turn up and slot into place :heart: although my #5 (DD1) was a bit of a diva-baby at times, making her mark as the first girl after 4 boys maybe?! #6 (DD2) is a dream and was from day 1 so im not blaming anything on girls vs boys :D

4blue2pink
October 15th, 2017, 08:45 AM
ditch the scales Ash!! :) you look fab and she is your last baby, you have forever to get to the weight you want to be after her arrival, dont stress about it just enjoy your last pregnancy with your long awaited little girl :heart:

TtcBlue18
October 15th, 2017, 10:42 AM
I decided to share my bump with you ladies as well!
Tomorrow is 16 weeks. :)

4blue2pink
October 15th, 2017, 11:25 AM
:heart: you look amazing Ttc!! 16 weeks already where has that gone?! im 30 weeks this week :-/ it doesnt seem 2mins since i started my sway

Samish
October 15th, 2017, 12:45 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171014/ebf17a82fe703a74e0cb6eaafba9211e.jpg
Thought the bump was looking cute today [emoji177] 26w5d and it's HUGE

Aww. You bump is absolutely cute <3 Bless you.

I am showing more than this at 10 weeks only !! :s Yes I am slight over weight due to HE diet, but still I believe I am showing a lot for 10 weeks.

@PBN and ttc: You both look absolutely amazing <3

Mommy2apples
October 15th, 2017, 02:19 PM
4blue2pink sorry just now seeing this, actually my oldest had reflux, but. The two middle ones. Ashtyn I didn't breastfeed, and Kolton I did. They both had colic. So not really. Your call do not feel obligated to do that. My. Babies are all healthy! Do what you feel is best, don't let anyone pressure you!

4blue2pink
October 15th, 2017, 02:56 PM
thankyou mommy2apples :) im not being pressured thankfully, im doing it to myself!! i need to not guilt myself over it if i decide to fully bottle feed from the start this time, i doubt there is much difference between bottles from the start and bottles after 1-2 breastfeeds anyway.. i just need to keep telling myself this!!

Mommy2apples
October 15th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Always your call and for awhile breastfeeding is stressful anyways. Whatever you choose is the right decision

TtcBlue18
October 15th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Thanks 4blue! It does feel like this pregnancy is going by faster to me too. Soon well have or little babes to cuddle ❤❤

XXforhubby
October 15th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Thanks 4blue! It does feel like this pregnancy is going by faster to me too. Soon well have or little babes to cuddle [emoji173][emoji173]

Trust me, it does fly by! I can’t believe our sweet Olivian is here!

Mommy2apples
October 15th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Xx! I'm glad you are better now and I'm so much in aww with your beautiful girl!

Pbn3
October 15th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Ttcblue you look amazing [emoji3] love the bump [emoji7] and agree with 4blue2pink where did that time go [emoji50]!!!!

Olivian looks so beautiful xxforhubby [emoji7] I love the way newborns are just little snuggle bunnies! Makes me even more eager to be having my own when I see pics like this [emoji173]

AshFind
October 15th, 2017, 05:43 PM
You look great ttc!
Xx Look how sweet! Love the pictures does it still seem so surreal having a girl? Mag sulfate is the worst! They gave me this when I went into labor with ds3 it was the worst!

TtcBlue18
October 15th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Thank you ladies.

Xx, your baby girl is seriously so beautiful. Mine both looked like chubby little boys until they started to get hair lol, but Olivian is so feminine ��

XXforhubby
October 15th, 2017, 09:44 PM
You look great ttc!
Xx Look how sweet! Love the pictures does it still seem so surreal having a girl? Mag sulfate is the worst! They gave me this when I went into labor with ds3 it was the worst!

It does seem surreal! I can’t believe she’s a she sometimes! She is definitely special!

I wanted to share with you the baptism dress I just bought her! I also bought the cutest lace booties to go with the dress, but I can’t seem to link a pic of them.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171016/5edfb688a59476ecb615b382d95643e5.jpg

Here is the link of the shoes:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0067VMZHM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_J3a5zbJN8Y5A6

Mommy2apples
October 15th, 2017, 09:49 PM
That's beautiful xx!!

Mommy2apples
October 15th, 2017, 09:50 PM
The shoes are so darling!!

AshFind
October 15th, 2017, 09:59 PM
So cute ! I love love the booties

Mommy2apples
October 15th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Ttc! You are gorgeous!!

LMSM
October 15th, 2017, 10:24 PM
Happy Monday!

TTC – what a beautiful bump – and you look so young (well, I know you are but you certainly have the youth on your face ^^).
We’re just a week apart, I am 17 weeks today (Monday) ;)

XX – what a cute outfit for Olivian (and oh the lacy booties, cute as!) – and agree, she is the cutest little squish – love that snuggly koala stage …

Dancing – agree getting checked just to be safe would be good – I mean migraines can happen more often in pregnancy due to hormones, but not worth missing a potential problem.
I had swelling and migraines with DD1 but no elevated BP so was cleared – hope you are ok.

Ash – love the bump too!! Love the top too, accentuates it so nicely ^^
PBN - such a perfect pregnant lady bump :awe:

To summarise – loving all the bumps! ;) can’t wait to flaunt mine at work – have to muster the courage to tell my boss – maybe next week when I get sick of not being able to wear my maternity dresses and tops (as they show off the bump too much) lol Right now am still in camouflage mode bahahaha
Woke up this am at 5 am to a hard uterus, can really feel it’s grown as it feels like it was the size of a small rockmelon now – I think when my bladder is full it does that more easily..sigh, I’m in for contractions galore again with this pregnancy..ah well! It’ll all be worth it eh?! :D

mommaxo3
October 16th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Xx - thats so great that shes an easy baby! It makes the transition of adding a baby to the family so much smoother. She is soo precious!

Ash - your bump doesn't look big enough to have gained 20 lbs. You're carrying so well and not big at all.

Everyone's bumps look so cute. Some days I feel like mine is super huge and other days I barely notice its there. But baby is getting stronger with her kicks but they're down under my panty line so I feel like it's going to take forever for my girls to feel it. I'm 24 weeks today and this is dragging at this point.

4blue2pink
October 16th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Thanks 4blue! It does feel like this pregnancy is going by faster to me too. Soon well have or little babes to cuddle ❤❤

i know i cant believe it :heart: cant wait for the squishy newborn snuggles

4blue2pink
October 16th, 2017, 10:49 AM
XX she is gorgeous :) look at her all snuggled up on you :heart: im sorry you had to go through all that :( are you feeling better now? it took me ages to fully realise my DD1 was a girl!! i did double takes at every nappy change for a while!!

XXforhubby
October 16th, 2017, 11:50 AM
XX she is gorgeous :) look at her all snuggled up on you :heart: im sorry you had to go through all that :( are you feeling better now? it took me ages to fully realise my DD1 was a girl!! i did double takes at every nappy change for a while!!

Thankfully, I’m doing better now! I’m on BP medicine for a little while to make sure my BP stabilizes. I have a feeling they will have me wean off of it before 3mo, since my pressures have been staying down consistently.

I’m getting excited for you ladies to start having your babies soon! For some, it’s right around the corner!!

4blue2pink
October 16th, 2017, 01:47 PM
glad your doing better :) fingers crossed you can come off the meds soon, i know!! its crazy that we are the next group to be having babies, im 30 weeks this week i cant believe it!!

momoffourboyz
October 16th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Xx- very cute baby girl! Glad you are feeling better!

Pbn3
October 16th, 2017, 07:29 PM
So this is my takeaway meal I'm taking home now after school drop off [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] its like 9.30am [emoji52]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171016/df225aee1808455604d4e03dd5aaada5.jpg

Mommy2apples
October 16th, 2017, 07:32 PM
Looks good pbn!

Pbn3
October 16th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Devasted!!! I cut into the veggie stack (what I ordered) and it has big chunks of chicken in it [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] they've made the wrong thing wah!!!!!!!!

Mommy2apples
October 16th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Aww pbn! I'm sorry! How crappy of them!!

AshFind
October 16th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Ugh pbn that's so frustrating especially when your pregnant! I walked into church late yesterday had a horrible morning and they were already picking up the coffee and I had to hold back the tears [emoji24] it was bad lol

LMSM
October 16th, 2017, 10:40 PM
XX – so happy that you are better hon! :D

Dancing – no news – are you ok?

Oh PBN – yum but then whaaaaat? I’d be pissed off being given the wrong thing too :( is it the first time you ordered this – as in, you’re sure it wasn’t meant to have chicken in it? (not saying they didn’t get it wrong but I’ve myself been known to not read menus thoroughly enough lol)
(and I so could pick up chips and co at the same time of day lol)

Ash – how dare they?? Don’t they know that a pregnant lady needs her comfort food/drinks? How rude! Lol

Pbn3
October 16th, 2017, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the support ladies [emoji23] and Ash I feel for you [emoji24]

LMSM I definately made sure it was vegetarian and even chdcked it didnt have feta [emoji23] went back for my proper order at lunch which they made free of charge to make up for this mornings mistake. And it was the lady who took my order who couldn't find veggie stack on the till (she was new) so she put it under a different non vegatarian stack and then forgot to change it by hand when it printed off. It's all good! Dh has a yummy dinner coming up tonight [emoji23][emoji23]

We are having the most glorious rain today [emoji943][emoji3] its so nice being home alone to enjoy it in peace and quite [emoji38]

LMSM
October 16th, 2017, 11:52 PM
Haha – glad you finally got to indulge in your veggie stack :D (as I said, I could totally have missed an ingredient on a menu so it would be a possible occurrence for me lol) – hubby has no idea of the indulgent dinner he has waiting for him :P
It is raining here too - I just love the calmness – just wish I could be under the doona in bed at home, with a cuppa and a good book..instead am in the office– but will have to dash out for a meeting in an hour in another building a few blocks away meaning braving the wet conditions before running to make my train, make it to the post office to pick up a parcel before they close and then and pick up the kids as have a solo night so don’t want to get them too late either.

Mommy2apples
October 16th, 2017, 11:59 PM
Wish I were in bed at home too! Lol instead spent my day in emergency rooms. First for my mom something going on with her heart, now going to a complete different emergency with my baby sister as her baby hasn't moved all days. So keep us in your prayers, because it's a rough week.

Pbn3
October 17th, 2017, 12:30 AM
Omg mommy2apples [emoji853] I truly hope everything's ok with your sister!!!! Keep us posted and thinking of you all xxoo

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 12:32 AM
Thanks pbn. I will.

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 12:41 AM
He's moving on the monitor and hearts a beating Hopefully they say we can go home soon.

LMSM
October 17th, 2017, 12:45 AM
Oh Mommy2apples – will definitely – hope it all turns out to be nothing/minor! :hugs:
What a great supportive daughter/sister you are!

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 12:50 AM
Lmsm, I'm trying.. wish I were sleeping. Long day then an eventful long day tomorrow. Have to take kids to school, then take brother to orientation, then take four year old to preschool, then have to wait on baby brother to come home from school to stay with my handicapped sister so baby sister and I can go back to the hospital to be with mom. lol I going to need a lot of coffee! [emoji42]

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 01:09 AM
On our way home, he's doing perfect

Pbn3
October 17th, 2017, 02:20 AM
Just got home mommy2apples and so happy to see your update!! Hope you are sleeping soundly and tomorrow goes quick and easy for you xxoo

Pbn3
October 17th, 2017, 02:41 AM
Bump is looking huge today [emoji50] 27 weeks tomorrow!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171017/6e8ecaf5fad1d7dc2a6a94cabfd1452f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171017/d1cfe9d2fdd97b39905d72e5805539d7.jpg

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 06:35 AM
Thanks pbn! Your baby bump!! Aww you are adorable!!

dancingdiva88
October 17th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Hey ladies, I'm here. All good. Battling a bit of a virus - started with bad headaches over a few days (like I said) then the sore throat kicked in last night. DH was battling bad headaches and fevers too. I've got my ob appointment in like 48 hours so he'll check my blood pressure then too.
Pbn your bump is beautiful!

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Update on my momma. They are going to look through her veins at 2:30 today to see if there is any blockage, is there isn't she can come home today, but if they need to put a balloon and stint in then obviously she will be staying. Good thing that doctor doesn't believe it's her heart because blood tests on her heart are coming back normal.

Bluebooties
October 17th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Hello ladies !

I am finally fone with my stressful stretch of consective work shifts till december. Phew ...

Will try to read and catch up but beautiful bumps ladies. I am finally starting to show as well.

Mommy2apples glad ur sister's baby is well and hope ur mom feels better soon too.

Need to catch up on so many things this week including sleep ..lolz

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Thank you bluebooties Glad your stress is starting to slow down!!

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Dancingdiva! Hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

4blue2pink
October 17th, 2017, 01:39 PM
hope everything comes back ok for your mum mommy2apples and so glad your sisters baby is doing good after the scare :) it sounds like you are a from a big close family :heart: i hope my kids will have that when they grow up

bluebooties yay for getting done with the crazy work shifts :)

dancing sorry your feeling ill :( fingers crossed everything is fine at your appointment and its just a nasty bug

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Thanks 4blue2pink! Yes love having a big family, I'm sure your kiddos will as well!

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Update on my momma: She's in recovery, [emoji817] no blockage, but they haven't told her if she can come home or not yet. Definitely not her heart. Just want to find out what it is, but said more than likely stress!

Pbn3
October 17th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Mommy2apples what a relief your momma's heart is fine! Hope they find the cause soon xxoo

Bluebooties hope you get a weeks sleep [emoji42] and so glad your long stretch of shifts is done with! Put your feet up today and do nothing!!

Dancing oh no!!! What a terrible time to be sick! Hope you are all feeling better really soon and look forward to your update after obs appt. Mine is tomorrow! I'll get results from the GTT :)

Thank you for the sweet words about my bump ladies [emoji173]

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 04:56 PM
So she can come home, but she has to have an MRI on her spine, they think that's the culprit she has an old case of spina bifida, and has gained a few pounds since she quit smoking.

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 04:57 PM
You are gorgeous inside and out pbn[emoji7]

Pbn3
October 17th, 2017, 05:16 PM
[emoji173] you mommy2apples and ditto [emoji9]

Skyblue, Kat and Maxim how are you ladies? Feels a long time since you've have posted.

How is everyone else doing? Cant believe before too long our thread will be jumping again but this time with birth announcements!!! Crazy!!!!

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 05:18 PM
❤️thanks pbn!
I agree! Miss you three!! And Iw4k!
Eek that will be exciting!

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Artery has to stop bleeding then we can leave...

Pbn3
October 17th, 2017, 06:28 PM
Awww your poor mum [emoji173] she looks like an absolute sweetheart! Hope the bleeding stops soon xxoo

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Thanks pbn! She's my best friend! [emoji8]

XXforhubby
October 17th, 2017, 07:09 PM
I’m so glad your Mom is doing better, Mommy! Hopefully they can get things sorted out for her so she can feel better soon! She looks like a kind, gentle soul! Her energy reminds me of my Grandmas (She like my Mother)- a gem of a person [emoji4]❤️!

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Thanks xx! She's pretty much my rock for sure! ❤️

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 09:10 PM
And we are finally out of there! Thanks all for good thoughts and prayers!

Pbn3
October 17th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Great news mommy2apples!

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 09:36 PM
Definitely pbn! Lol trying to figure out if I want to temp tomorrow, or sleep 5 more minutes [emoji23]

Pbn3
October 17th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Go the sleep!! You deserve it!!

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Lol thanks! How you feeling today?

2003 [emoji1349]2009 [emoji1407] 2012 [emoji1349]2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] 2018[emoji120] for a [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family! [emoji7]

Pbn3
October 17th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Good thanks [emoji3] Just chilling with Matthew and waiting for the tiler to finish the second room!

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Eek!! I cannot wait to see!!

2003 [emoji1349]2009 [emoji1407] 2012 [emoji1349]2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] 2018[emoji120] for a [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family! [emoji7]

Pbn3
October 17th, 2017, 09:59 PM
It'll be awhile [emoji23] its going to take ages to sand back the playroom [emoji30] and I've got the boys sleeping in there while their bedroom got tiled today. Plus I cant sand in this wet weather..... I have ordered my wall stickers though [emoji3]

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Awesome pbn! It'll be done before we know it though!!

AshFind
October 17th, 2017, 10:16 PM
So glad your momma is ok mommy. Back issues are no joke!
Pbn I'm soooo ready to start on preparing this house for baby but I'm determined to finish my Christmas orders first then I can finally relax (not really) and get to work on cleaning things out and getting the nursery ready.

Pbn3
October 17th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Ash hope you finish your orders soon! I still remember that gorgeous dresser you bought for the nursery [emoji7] We don't have room for a nursery but bub sleeps in my room for at least the first year anyway so we have some time up our sleeve to work out the bedroom logistics [emoji51] Just looking forward to the boys playroom and bedroom being complete and hopefully before bub comes [emoji23][emoji23]

You'll definately have to share pics of your nursery when done!! I cant wait to see it!

Mommy2apples
October 17th, 2017, 10:22 PM
Definitely not ash and you would know better than all of us! Thankful for that as well!
Hopefully you can get your orders finished and out soon ash!
The move on to your sweet girls nursery!

LMSM
October 18th, 2017, 12:14 AM
HELLO lovelies,
Mommy, so happy all is well for your mum and nephew..phew!!! What stress, but so love,y you have each other and stand up for one another :awe:

Pbn super super cute bump ;) can g wait to see the pics of the playroom..yeah, it sucks it’s so humid.. I hope the weekend gets a tad drier!!

Dancing, hope you get better soon!

After picking up the girls yesterday, E complained of her harm hurting, saying her teacher pulled her hand...she wasn’t in clear pain, and went on with her evening but after a very unsettled night, and her basically not using her L arm at all like it had gone all limp, an d wincing when trying to use it...this momma took her to the ER.
After a loooong morning, not being able to go in for xray with her (because pregnant) and having her scream for me, after iniitally suspecting a pulled elbow, there actually is a very small fracture and effusion around wrist and elbow, so poor thing has to wear a sling... tough for an active two year old! She was sooooo good though, and brave ..we stopped for a treat lunch on the Way back and after downing a bottle of milk, she is now out. Hopefully the nap will give her. A boost after tiring night and raining morning.
Now I need to rest too, I have had such a lot of contractions, that I think my body needs some calm while she sleeps..housework will wait!!! Lol

LMSM
October 18th, 2017, 12:15 AM
Sorry for the typos too, lol

Pbn3
October 18th, 2017, 12:16 AM
Omg lmsm have you rung the school/daycare and asked the teacher WTH??!!! Poor darlin [emoji174]

LMSM
October 18th, 2017, 01:20 AM
Hubs spoke with them this morning, and they say there wasn’t any noticeable event...her teacher said she was a bit whingy (but that can happen when tired too), and I guess it takes very little for things to happen, if they were dancing etc but she has had a pulled elbow before and weve told them to Be carefully so admittedly am pissed off that she has to go through that possibly because they were not careful enough.
Her teacher is a sweet gem, and doubt she would ever have pulled her hand in a Way that could Hurt her (and least not knowingly) but guess her joints etc tend to be frail it seems...sigh
I’ve asked hubs to pick up M this arvo so the little one can just sleep as much as she wants!!

Mommy2apples
October 18th, 2017, 06:43 AM
Thanks lmsm!
That makes me upset lmsm... sometimes adults can be one person to you, but a complete monster to children, just my two cents... I hope that's not the case and e feels better soon

4blue2pink
October 18th, 2017, 06:54 AM
so glad your mum is home mommy2apples :)

LMSM id be having another word with the teacher and the head of the school/nursery to remind them that they need to be very careful with her, you dont want to be having any more trips to the hospital, i hope shes feeling better today :)

Ash cant wait to see your nursery :D

Mommy2apples
October 18th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Thank you 4blue2pink! I'm so glad she's home also!!

mommaxo3
October 18th, 2017, 09:59 AM
LMSM - I would definitely be talking to the teachers a bit more. This is the reason I don't want a baby in daycare because it can't speak up when something happens. Such a shame no one can be trusted.

Mommy 2 apples- I'm glad your mom and nephew are doing well!

Mommy2apples
October 18th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Thank you mommaxo3!!

maximbella
October 18th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Hi ladies! Apologies for being MIA for the last few days...it's been a trying time for me and I swear I cannot win. I've been having awful cramping and bleeding from the hematoma, and on top of everything, I got a crazy case of food poisoning Saturday from some cheese that was old. I was vomiting and in bed most day Sunday and Monday, and lost 6 pounds, which is now putting me below my pre-pregnancy weight. I still don't have a huge appetite and don't have a baby bump anymore. All of this coupled with my GD is really getting to me. I know I'm such a debbie downer lately, but I can't help but sort of regret pushing my DH to get pregnant month after month. He agreed to try for one month and see what happens if it was meant to be, and I kept pushing him and now I'm pregnant with a gender opposite, a hematoma, and one hell of a pregnancy. Anyway, that's where I am... I am meeting with a counselor tomorrow, per my sisters recommendation, to chat through all my feelings. It's just weighing so heavily on me and I'm having a hard time enjoying my pregnancy, which sucks. It's not me...I'm a positive, super happy person and I feel like a complete opposite myself.

I hope everyone else is doing better. Did I miss any gender announcements or any big news?

Mommy2apples
October 18th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Hugs Max so sorry all this emotion and on top of that food poisoning is going for you! So many hugs and prayers things get better for you.

Bluebooties
October 18th, 2017, 10:32 AM
LMSM that is totally unacceptable. You need to bring it to the schools attention. Hope ur LO feels better soon.

Max ... I am glad ur letting ur feelings out and taking the right steps. Its a temporary phase just a few more months and once baby is here all of these feelings will start to reverse. We have all been through this phase of anger and regret ... its normal so dont beat ur self about it. I probably would be the same as u right now if i had found out gender .. unwanted 4th child and another girl...its going to crush me ! But i know i have come out of it once and i will hopefully pull myself through again if need be.

mommaxo3
October 18th, 2017, 03:00 PM
maxi - you still have plenty of time to enjoy your pregnancy but I'm sure all the issues aren't helping at all. I really hope the counselor can help you resolve some of your frustrations so you can be more relaxed. I've been a Debbie downer a lot, in person, but not because of the gender or issues. I typically get depressed during pregnancy like a side effect so to speak. It's ok to not feel like yourself while you're being hormonally invaded.

XXforhubby
October 18th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Hi ladies! Apologies for being MIA for the last few days...it's been a trying time for me and I swear I cannot win. I've been having awful cramping and bleeding from the hematoma, and on top of everything, I got a crazy case of food poisoning Saturday from some cheese that was old. I was vomiting and in bed most day Sunday and Monday, and lost 6 pounds, which is now putting me below my pre-pregnancy weight. I still don't have a huge appetite and don't have a baby bump anymore. All of this coupled with my GD is really getting to me. I know I'm such a debbie downer lately, but I can't help but sort of regret pushing my DH to get pregnant month after month. He agreed to try for one month and see what happens if it was meant to be, and I kept pushing him and now I'm pregnant with a gender opposite, a hematoma, and one hell of a pregnancy. Anyway, that's where I am... I am meeting with a counselor tomorrow, per my sisters recommendation, to chat through all my feelings. It's just weighing so heavily on me and I'm having a hard time enjoying my pregnancy, which sucks. It's not me...I'm a positive, super happy person and I feel like a complete opposite myself.

I hope everyone else is doing better. Did I miss any gender announcements or any big news?

You poor thing- you can’t catch a break [emoji20]! My heart goes out to you! I’m glad you’re going to talk to someone, because you’ve been through so much so fast! It’s all hard to process! I wouldn’t worry too much about your weight- you have plenty of time to catch up! Remember I didn’t start to put on weight until week 22!

Don’t you ever worry about being a downer! You aren’t! We are all here for you!

(((Huge Hugs)))

4blue2pink
October 18th, 2017, 04:30 PM
sorry you've bin so ill on top of everything else Max :( i wouldnt worry about the weight, i only gained 6lbs in total with one of my boys and oddly i gained far more weight with my 2 girls than i did with any of my 4 boys (around 1/2 stone with each of the boys vs 2 1/2 stone with the girls!!) i hope that talking to the counsellor will help :heart: GD is awful and when added to everything else you have going on its completely understandable for you to feel very much not yourself xx

Pbn3
October 18th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Big hugs maxim! It's heartbreaking to hear how things are for you at the moment and to get food poisoning on top of everything else.... my heart goes out to you and I think its fantastic you have both your sister and now a counselor to work through your feelings [emoji173]

LMSM
October 18th, 2017, 09:21 PM
Morning!

Yes, definitely had a chat with daycare – well, hubby had – the thing is, she could have hurt herself doing anything (I mean the kid climbs like you wouldn’t believe, much to her mum’s fright most times) and all she remembers is her teacher taking her hand (which may have caused pain and hence she’s associated the two) fact is she actually wasn’t with that teacher most of the day as she spent most of that day in the bigger kids room anyways so seems unlikely that her teacher (miss T) would have been behind this.
I kinda have to give them the benefit of the doubt – as the teacher would have had to willingly yank on her arm for that to happen – and I truly don’t think she would have done that.
I have never once in my life been wrong about people – my first vibe tends to be correct whether it is good and bad, and my girls are very perceptive like that too – unlike hubby who tends to be blissfully ignorant and just think even B*tches are nice (until they prove him otherwise)…. Lol
Nevertheless, she is cute as with her sling and being a trooper – and hubs reemphazised that they HAD to be VERY careful with her – and trust me, mumma bear will reiterate that tonight too when I pick them up!

Max – nothing to add to what the ladies said – just big :hugs: it certainly hasn’t made it easier for you to have to deal with bedrest, the SCH, no activity and GD on top – don’t be too hard on yourself – and it may well take most of the pregnancy to adjust and be looking forward to meeting your baby. Don’t doubt yourself, and certainly getting things out is the best you can do – hope the session with the counsellor gives you some comfort and makes you feel better!

Big hugs everyone!

Pbn3
October 18th, 2017, 09:24 PM
As for me, back from my 27w appt and baby is measuring 30w which I was kinda expecting with my bump size [emoji23][emoji23] Passed my GTT with flying colours and all my levels are perfect bar iron which were a tad low but nothing to worry about. Going to start having a handful of nuts a day and some more spinach to bump it up a bit though :) Bub was kicking out at the u/s wand which was making my ob laugh [emoji173] so all in all was a fantastic appt [emoji3]

Pbn3
October 18th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Lmsm I think if anything they will be a lot more protective of your dd and agree she may have hurt it and then just associated the pain of having her hand grabbed with her teacher. Better now they are more aware though and hopefully there'll be no more accidents, although kids are naturally clumsy so its bound to happen again, well mine are anyway [emoji23] Just happy to hear she's going well [emoji173]

LMSM
October 18th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Oops didn’t hit refresh before posting – we posted at the same time PBN ;)
What fantastic news – great way to head into the third trimester – can you believe you are at that stage, my it’s flown by!!!
I’m not sure spinach actually has that much iron – it’s a bit of Popeye myth – lol are you off any meat? If you could stomach it, red meat would be the best obviously – but otherwise, non heme sources such as beans/legumes generally (make sure you get vit C along with it for better absorption) are great (I think Vegemite is good too maybe or that may be only for B vitamins?! Lol).
If you use cast iron pans it’s great way to add iron to your diet too (love my cast iron pot for stews) ^^

Mommy2apples
October 18th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Pbn! Glad all is well!
Lmsm I'm sure they will be a lot more careful for sure with dd, and as pbn says protective

Pbn3
October 18th, 2017, 09:36 PM
I'm vegetarian lmsm :) have been fully since about 9/11 weeks?? She said it wasn't concerning at all so they cant have been too low thankfully! No cast iron pans either [emoji23] my mum had one when we were growing up and boy those things have some weight in them!!! I'm not too concerned at all as I eat plenty of veggies so I think by adding even some nuts I'll be fine.

Pbn3
October 18th, 2017, 09:37 PM
Mommy2apples was just going to email you! 6dpo [emoji50][emoji50][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3] its actually going pretty quick!!! You should post a screenshot of your chart in here for everyone to appreciate your mammoth effort [emoji173]

Mommy2apples
October 18th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Lol will! Really hopeful this cycle!! It is going by pretty fast, five days and I can test! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171019/432e8499bec9871fc3b0f634e5b18dae.jpg lol dh said after this cycle he needs a 16 year break [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] lol I asked him if he was having withdrawals this week...

Pbn3
October 18th, 2017, 09:44 PM
He should be good for the rest of the month at least [emoji23][emoji23] Never thought I'd say this but I like the not temping too! There's no expectation as to which way things are going [emoji848]