PDA

View Full Version : FSH level and low morphology - what are the chances of IVF working?

maybebabythree
October 29th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Hi,

I must join up at some point but I have only just added my ticker lol!

I had some fertility tests in May this year as it has taken me 2.5 years to fall pg with this little bundle. If I was to have another child I would only do it if it gauranteed me a DD but...

My FSH was 10 and DHs morphology was 7% so what are the chances IVF would work for us?

I am 37 and would be 38 before I could start IVF

Thanks x

nuthinbutpink
October 29th, 2011, 10:27 PM
First, congrats on the pregnancy! I also had a day 3 FSH of 10. I did a clomid challenge test as part of my pretesting and they take your FSH on day 10 after being on clomid and mine came back at 14! I was 34 at the time and both are supposed to be 10 and under.

What did you have DH do after you got the results? Did he start a male supplement? I would have him continue to take a supplement and avoid any obvious bad-to-sperm action- riding a bike, tight underware, smoking, hot tubs- obvious stuff like that.

Atleast with IVF, they can attempt to select the normal shaped sperm for fertilization to help with that. Your age will be the biggest factor. I took DHEA for 8+ months- 75mg per day and my FSH dropped to 6 the month I cycled and my AFC went up too. It really helped me and others have taken it and it helped them too.

You would need to both do testing again and see what everything looks like after baby. You'll want to give your body around 6 months to adjust and you cannot be breastfeeding when you do pretesting so keep that in mind.

If you decide to go down that path, we'd be happy to help.

maybebabythree
October 30th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Thanks. I was taking a prenatal with DHEA in but I have swopped to a normal pre-natal now. I think I will swop back! DH has since stopped smoking after 20+ years so I just need to get him off the drink now - not that he drinks very much.

Thanks for the help, it's nice to have a distraction right now rather than facing up to never having a DD while I pumped full of hormones!

nuthinbutpink
October 30th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Your prenatal likely had DHA in it. They don't put DHEA in prenatals because if you have PCOS, you should not take it.

DHEA is at GNC or at health food stores. It is a precursor to both estrogen and testosterone and there is an ongoing study at a clinic in NY about the benefits in mature moms and IVF. That's how I found it.

You should not takes DHEA while you are pregnant.

After the baby, you can start up if you aren't BF. Of course, you can consult with your doctor. It did wonders fir me though!