PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding at 10 weeks

zanacal
October 30th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I know I should be relaxing and not googling horror stories but I can't stop thinking about it and a post to my friends on GD seems a better option!

So I went to the toilet at around 4am and when I wiped there was pink blood on the tissue, I kept wiping and getting more pink blood but eventually it was gone so I went back to bed and tried to sleep. I could only sleep in 20 minute chunks after that before I needed another wee and I had the bleeding on wiping on another 2 occasions. I've had none so far today (and I had a BM which I was so terrified about!).

I don't have cramping but something feels odd in my abdomen - sort of like I have butterflies sometimes, or someone is sitting on it and occasionally a stabbing pain.

I'm having a scan either tomorrow or the day after, depending when my midwife can get me in and I'm trying to rest up.

Any advice or experience? I know the only way I'll know for sure is when I get that scan - I wish it hadn't happened on a Sunday when I can't get one! I really don't feel good about this but I guess nobody in this situation would!

Hobbermittens
October 30th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Oh no!! :( I hope it's nothing. my sister and best friend both had bleeding (not just pink, but bright red blood--lots of it) during the first trimester. Both went on to have healthy babies. I hope your midwife can get you in first thing tomorrow... please keep us updated!!

rainbowflower
October 30th, 2011, 11:43 AM
have you DTD recently? your cervix can become more sensitive in pregnancy so perhaps it's related to that if so?

zanacal
October 30th, 2011, 12:00 PM
have you DTD recently? your cervix can become more sensitive in pregnancy so perhaps it's related to that if so?

A few days ago, so not very recently.

DoulaMama
October 30th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Z- I know it's incredibly hard to relax when there has been so many losses here:( I'm hoping and praying and thinking about you so much today~ You have a way better chance of everything being ok, than not. It could be a placental shift, or bit of a hematoma, or over exertion, or just normal pregnancy spotting. Healthy baby thoughts to you, Mama~~~ xoxoxo

Indira
October 30th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Oh no, I´m sorry zana, I hope it´s nothing. I don´t have any advice, but I´m thinking about you. I hope you get some reassurance quickly tomorrow.

princesssarah34
October 30th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I know I should be relaxing and not googling horror stories but I can't stop thinking about it and a post to my friends on GD seems a better option!

So I went to the toilet at around 4am and when I wiped there was pink blood on the tissue, I kept wiping and getting more pink blood but eventually it was gone so I went back to bed and tried to sleep. I could only sleep in 20 minute chunks after that before I needed another wee and I had the bleeding on wiping on another 2 occasions. I've had none so far today (and I had a BM which I was so terrified about!).

I don't have cramping but something feels odd in my abdomen - sort of like I have butterflies sometimes, or someone is sitting on it and occasionally a stabbing pain.

I'm having a scan either tomorrow or the day after, depending when my midwife can get me in and I'm trying to rest up.

Any advice or experience? I know the only way I'll know for sure is when I get that scan - I wish it hadn't happened on a Sunday when I can't get one! I really don't feel good about this but I guess nobody in this situation would!

Z....I too had a huge BM....scared me to death as it felt like I had started cramping but as soon as it came out (sorry TMI) the cramps stopped! I have been really feeling bloated and gassy on top of the little spotting! Werid....I hope everything is fine for both of us!!!

zanacal
October 30th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Princess, it's so worrying isn't it. I so hope everything is ok for both of us too.

I wouldn't be so worried about my bleed if it had only been that but my tummy feels really achey on both sides and kind of inflamed. It's difficult to describe.

TTC5
October 30th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I hope everything is ok xxxxx
With my 4th I had pink around 10 weeks also! I was reading it last night in my diary actually!

love being a mummy
October 30th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Please take it easy and rest as much as possible. Sending you lots of sticky vibes I hope all is ok.

zanacal
October 31st, 2011, 05:43 AM
Thank you all. Annoyingly, I won't be getting my scan until tomorrow. I've had no more bleeding and my tummy feels ok today so I'm hoping those are good signs!

I'm having to take 2 days off work with a 'sickness bug' and that has me feeling so guilty (I have so much to do!) but I keep telling myself it's good that I'm resting at home!

Indira
October 31st, 2011, 06:16 AM
Good you stayed home from work, zana.
And I´m glad to hear you had no more bleeding, I´m hopeful you´ll have some good news tomorrow :luck::luck::luck:

CapricornAquarius
October 31st, 2011, 06:38 AM
So glad there's no more bleeding.

Just to let you know I had bleeding throughout my second pregnancy, it was a worry 2 me, but everything was fine, im sure you will be fine to.

rainbowflower
October 31st, 2011, 06:42 AM
zana - good luck for tomorrow! what time is your scan?
don't feel guilty about calling in sick- emotional sickness is equally a valid reason to be off

zanacal
October 31st, 2011, 07:22 AM
My appointment is at 11.45 - I'm grateful that at least it's not a school picking up or dropping off time which would have made it even more complicated! DH was wonderful yesterday and did everything while I directed from the sofa, so I expect he's glad to get to work today!

I do hope everything will be ok tomorrow. I had a good night's sleep and I can't remember exactly what I dreamed but I know that it was good and when I woke up I felt quite positive. Please keep crossing your fingers for my little bubba!

charlieispy
October 31st, 2011, 07:23 AM
EVERYTHING is crossed for you hun x x

Out of the Blue
October 31st, 2011, 09:36 AM
Just dropping in to send you lots and lots more :HH: :HH: :HH: YAY for wonderful DHs!!! I don't know where I'd be w/out mine! You and your LO are in our T&Ps!

DoulaMama
October 31st, 2011, 10:00 AM
I'm so happy that you get to take a peak at your munchkin tomorrow:) I'm also so glad you're feeling better, Z:) Keeping everything crossed for you!!!! xoxo

Hobbermittens
October 31st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Good news that you haven't had any more bleeding! Good luck tomorrow. I hope everything is just fine with your baby!!

Mochagirl
October 31st, 2011, 12:56 PM
Z - I'm glad you stayed home from work today to rest. I'm sure everything's going to turn out fine and you'll see a nice, strong heartbeat tomorrow. :HH:

Flava
October 31st, 2011, 02:35 PM
Ohhh Z I just saw this! I really hope all is ok ! I so scared of bleeding when i see spots I freak out!
XXX

TTC5
October 31st, 2011, 04:55 PM
Hope all goes well today z! xxx

zanacal
October 31st, 2011, 05:00 PM
Ooh yes, it's tomorrow already there! Thanks all.

Does anybody know if straining yourself or lifting something too heavy can cause a bleed? The feeling I have in my tummy is almost like I've pulled my muscles or weakened it somehow and on Saturday evening when I got DS3 up from his nap I remember I came downstairs and made a comment to DH about how I'd pulled all sorts of muscles lifting him.

LolaInLove
October 31st, 2011, 05:29 PM
Hi sweetie, BIG PRAYERS that all is ok....just saw this myself. No need to panic, lots of normal pregnancies have little (sometimes big!) bleeds here and there. Just take it easy. I hope it's just your little lady giving you your first of 10 million heart attacks with panic. :worry:

zanacal
October 31st, 2011, 05:35 PM
Thank you Lola. I'm happy to 'see' you, it feels like it's been ages!

rainbowflower
November 1st, 2011, 08:05 AM
hope your scan has gone well, thinking of you

Flava
November 1st, 2011, 08:40 AM
Sure it can be from lifting something heavy. I had the same thing with DD3 and they told me not to lift anything over X lbs. (forgot how many lbs)
Hope all is well today!

zanacal
November 1st, 2011, 09:57 AM
Woo hoo, everything is ok! She found the heartbeat straight away and I'm measuring 11 weeks exactly. She could see a tiny bleed but said it was so insignificant that she wouldn't even mention it in her report. I didn't get a photo - I was going to ask but she'd whipped everything away before I could ask. To be honest, it all looked rather blurry anyway! So happy :D

Interestingly, the corpus luteum was visible on my left ovary. Does anybody know if that means I ovulated from my left ovary?

Indira
November 1st, 2011, 10:00 AM
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:
I am so happy for you that everything is OK!!

rainbowflower
November 1st, 2011, 10:13 AM
Woo hoo, everything is ok! She found the heartbeat straight away and I'm measuring 11 weeks exactly. She could see a tiny bleed but said it was so insignificant that she wouldn't even mention it in her report. I didn't get a photo - I was going to ask but she'd whipped everything away before I could ask. To be honest, it all looked rather blurry anyway! So happy :D

Interestingly, the corpus luteum was visible on my left ovary. Does anybody know if that means I ovulated from my left ovary?

fantastic news!!
yes, that's what it would mean - the follicle that expels the egg converts into the corpus luteum

zanacal
November 1st, 2011, 10:14 AM
OK, that gives me hope, I can see I'm definitely going to end up getting a gender scan before I go nutty!!

Flava
November 1st, 2011, 10:18 AM
great news Z so all is ok!

Hobbermittens
November 1st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Yay, glad all is well!!! I was thinking about you last night, and I am happy I found good news here this morning! :)

Out of the Blue
November 1st, 2011, 11:10 AM
WaaaaaaHoooooooWEEEEEEEE!!!! :cheer::awe::cheer: Ohhhhh...can't wait for that next scan, Kelly!!!

Mochagirl
November 1st, 2011, 12:39 PM
I answered elsewhere, but I'll also chime in here - WOO HOO! So glad everything's ok!

I'm fairly sure that I ovulated on the left side, and interestingly, all my cramping and twinges since my BFP has been on the left side as well. I keep hoping that's a good sign since I've always ovulated on the right before.