PDA

View Full Version : Having a miscarriage, now what?

Lmboschma
October 23rd, 2017, 04:32 PM
I'll try to make this as short as possible. I joined as a member in middle June. Immediately started the 60+ minutes cardio, dropped my weight lifting, started LE diet, wine at night, Coke Zero, espresso, folic acid, baby aspririn (already had that), dropped the prenatal, started fiber supplements, was already skipping breakfast (doing intermittent fasting), and stopped snacking. I had also been taking Vitex after reading that it can bring your period back and up the chances of twins! Well, I did go to taking the Vitex from CD1-O, even though I was ovulating late. This last mongh, I took Soy Iso from CD 3-7. I ended up ovulating even later! I finally got my BFP the beginning of this month, but turned out it was just not meant to be. So, that's why I'm here. I guess I start my day I started to bleed for my miscarriage as CD1, which would put me at CD 5 right now. My OB says everything looks good on my ovaries and uterus and she's hoping to see me and deliver a healthy baby soon!

So, what do I do? Stop my prenatal? Continue on with Folic for sure? Do I try to get Folate instead? What else can I do? I honestly just want to have a healthy pregnancy, boy or girl. I have 4 boys right now and think they're pretty cool, although a girl would be fun. So I'd like to sway, but I think it's more important to me to have a healthy pregnancy. Oh, we were doing the E4D approach. I had lost about 10 pounds, but gained a bit back the last month and a half due to not loving the diet so much anymore and finding myself pregnant. Also, I'm 37, so we don't have as much time to mess with as we did 10 years ago.

Kawazza
October 25th, 2017, 05:16 AM
Hello, I was thinking of you and wondering how you got on over the weekend. I'm sorry to hear you miscarried. Hoping you get your healthy pregnancy very soon

Lmboschma
October 25th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Hi! The weekend was rough, but it was because of other things as well. When it rains, it pours for sure! Monday, after the ultrasound, I was actually pretty good. I think I got most of my crying out over the weekend. I guess in my gut, I knew this would happen with this pregnancy. Not sure why, but I was so concerned about miscarriage, the moment I got a positive. Praying that it is true and I’m super fertile after a loss! I have two sis-in-laws that are expecting so it would have been really fun to have those three close together. Maybe ours will just be a little bit father apart! Those pictures that come of their growing bellies, kinda sting, but they don’t know anything was going on with me, and won’t until I can share our �� baby! Praying it’s soon!

atomic sagebrush
October 26th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Yes I want you on Folate instead.

No more vitex, no more soy.

How much espresso?

Why were you taking the aspirin?

Lmboschma
October 26th, 2017, 08:25 PM
I had been taking the baby aspirin about every other day for ph levels. I had them about a year ago for severe jaw pain after a nurse told me to keep those with me. Once my stress went down, the jaw pain went away, so I put them back in the cabinet until about two months ago when I was reading stuff on here. Espresso, was 2, sometimes 3 shots with cashew milk, ice and water, for an iced latte. Most every day. As for folate, how much and what brand do you recommend? I have been taking 5 of the 400mg Nature’s Made Folice, but just added another 400, spaced throughout the day.

What about added Fiber?

atomic sagebrush
October 27th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Ok. Let's wean off the baby aspirin. They haven't worked and have had some concerning side effects. Just start spacing doses further and further out till down' to one per week and then drop (if you are still taking them) Otherwise just stay off them.

Cut back to 1 maybe 2 shots of espresso.

I don't recommend brands, any name brand you recognize.

Let's leave fiber out now to make sure you have enough raw materials to make estrogen and progesterone with.

Lmboschma
October 27th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Atomic, can I just switch straight from folic to folate? Same dosage or less/more? I guess mine is 400 mcg. 6 of those, taken three times a day.

XXforhubby
October 27th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Atomic, can I just switch straight from folic to folate? Same dosage or less/more? I guess mine is 400 mcg. 6 of those, taken three times a day.

Just make the switch and keep taking the same amount as you had been.

I知 so sorry for your loss [emoji20]. I hope it get your rainbow baby soon 🤞🏻[emoji1317]!

[emoji170]8/2010 [emoji170]6/2013 [emoji170]11/2015 [emoji170]
[emoji178]10/2017[emoji178]

[emoji254]Thank you Gender Dreaming for our precious little girl![emoji254]

atomic sagebrush
October 29th, 2017, 01:37 PM

:agree: just switch over, same dose

Lmboschma
January 1st, 2018, 12:14 AM
Atomic, I’m back, after my third miscarriage, but second in two months. I think I keep losing them right after at 6 weeks. It’s not super fun to go through a miscarriage during Christmas, but that’s where I’m at right now. I’d still love a girl, but I’m so tired of loss and would really just love a healthy, non-loss pregnancy. I briefly read a post about another gal having 2 miscarriages in 4 months. I haven’t had any testing done and don’t know if I will when I get back home. Did I get pregnant too quick after our loss? I started to miscarry on October 19, ovulate around November 19, saw baby’s low heartbeat on December 22, then started to Miscarry a couple days later. I’m frustrated, to say the least! Would love any help and guidance here. Oh, my first miscarriage was my first pregnancy. I then went on to have 4 boys. At 37, we decided to start trying again. Now 2 losses later, I’m not sure if we can have another healthy baby?

atomic sagebrush
January 1st, 2018, 11:53 AM
Most sources have now agreed that getting pregnant quickly after a loss does not usually cause or contribute to another loss. We can't know what caused the losses, it is totally possible that it was two different things all together.

Many people have two losses (or more) and then go on to have a healthy pregnancy. I would still have testing done if it's possible (some docs won't test till 3 losses) and I'd have them check your thyroid if nothing else to be sure it's functioning properly.

Have you seen the Guide to Miscarriage here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/29504-guide-swaying-after-miscarriage.html

Lmboschma
January 2nd, 2018, 06:32 AM
Thanks Atomic. I read through the link you shared. Maybe I need to add iron? Also, I have undiagnosed Raynauds. Will that cause issues? I’m not sure when it started, but it could have been just after my last boy.

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2018, 01:52 PM
Do you have any underlying autoimmune disorders? Raynauds can be linked to lots of autoimmune disease - several things that could be contributing to losses. I would def. go in and get it checked out, they have a really easy test they can do now that tests for several different autoimmune markers in your blood.

Iron doesn't seem to hurt anything, 18-60 mg 3x a week. Avoid the irons that are in the hundreds of mg as they are super harsh on the stomach and are not well absorbed by the body anyway.

blessedmama2
January 3rd, 2018, 04:44 PM
Thanks Atomic. I read through the link you shared. Maybe I need to add iron? Also, I have undiagnosed Raynauds. Will that cause issues? I知 not sure when it started, but it could have been just after my last boy.

I would definitely ask for the blood tests! I recently had 2 miscarriages in 3 months (after having 2 healthy boys), and they found that I have an auto-immune disorder that causes blood clots, and will need medicine during my next pregnancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmboschma
January 5th, 2018, 11:15 PM
So I did order iron, 25mg. I’m out of country and will start that when I get back. But, in the meantime, I’ve been reading up A LOT about PCOS. I’m not overweight, but do have a hard time losing, ovulation happens late (cd28-31), low libido, and I think there were a few other things. So, my question is, could I take the Myoinositol along with my Folate? I don’t know when o will get into the doctor, but I do know I can order that on amazon and have it when I get home. I may even be at the point where my doctor would prescribe clomid or Femara. I’d love to lose a few more pounds before BFP again and wonder if this is the safest option instead of metformin. And hey, I can get it now! I saw in other posts you recommended pregnitude. If I’m already taking Folate, do I need that or should I just look into Myoinositol?

atomic sagebrush
January 6th, 2018, 12:03 PM
I don't want you on the myoinositol if you're not overweight. It has caused tons of trouble for people who took it without needing it. It is NOT necessary for 90% of people on this site and can actually lower your odds of conception if you don't need it.

I want you to change your diet to be more PCO-friendly and also exercise if you can and then for most people with thin PCO that does the trick.

Folate and myoinositol are two totally different things. I'm not sure I"m following your question there?

Lmboschma
January 7th, 2018, 12:02 AM
Got it! I was just asking if Pregnitude was necessary since I was already taking folate. And I do think I was more doing more of a PCOS friendly diet. But, with the multiple miscarriages, I kinda gave up. Still skip breakfast, except this last week on my trip. Not much red meat, if any, and I did more whole grains instead of white. Should I steer clear of alcohol and caffeine since it seems to aggravate PCOS? And, I do exercise at least 6 days a week. Was doing the 60+ minute cardio, but when I first got pregnant, I started to add the weights back in. I really, really miss that!

Lmboschma
January 7th, 2018, 12:05 AM
Also, I think there could be a good chance that I could try the clomid or femara soon. Because of my age, timing and my two losses, I hope I can! But, don’t they usually prescribe that stuff after 3 losses?

ABC.2606
January 7th, 2018, 01:10 AM
Hi Lmboschma - I'm so sorry about your losses :( I had my 2nd early loss in a 4 month period in mid-December (I may have been the person you mentioned on here!). I agree - definitely not fun to go through a miscarriage right around Christmas. But - I saw you said you have Raynaud's. I have Raynaud's, and a positive ANA (one of the autoimmune antibody tests Atomic was referring to). I've had both the Raynaud's and +ANA since before I conceived my boys - they were conceived easily and w/ no losses before/between them. Thus I still think my recent losses were probably chromosomal as my autoimmune condition hasn't changed/worsened over the years (Raynaud's is actually my only symptom). I would recommend getting tested though since you have Raynaud's, because the blood clotting antibodies that can cause miscarriages are often seen in the autoimmune conditions that also cause Raynaud's. Don't want to scare you about that, just so you're aware. I've been tested for those specific blood clotting antibodies a few times over the years including in the past year, and they've always been negative. You also could have Raynaud's with no underlying autoimmune condition, too (primary Raynaud's), which I wouldn't think would affect pregnancies. But - if you haven't noticed it already - caffeine can def make Raynaud's worse, so if you're still doing a lot of expresso you may want to cut back a lot or entirely on that. After my first m/c last August I switched to "half caff" coffee and now do more straight decaf, and since New Years' am trying to limit my diet soda (although I was mostly only doing caffeine-free anyways but I'm trying to cut back on the aspartame just in case). I'm also on Clomid - I have "PCO tendencies", not full blown PCOS, and a short LP so doc offered it. ANYWAYS that's a lot of background on me but we seem to have some similarities in our situation so I thought I'd share!! Again - so sorry about your losses, I definitely understand the pain.

Lmboschma
January 7th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Very similar stories! I honestly can’t remember when the Raynaud symptoms started, but they are worse now when it’s so cold. I’ll definitely cut back on caffeine if that aggravates it. How long had you been trying before you were prescribed clomid? I was thinking with age, losses and time that my doctor would be open to prescribing me something. I hope I can lose a few of these pounds I gained the last 4months though! I had done so good this summer!

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Got it! I was just asking if Pregnitude was necessary since I was already taking folate. And I do think I was more doing more of a PCOS friendly diet. But, with the multiple miscarriages, I kinda gave up. Still skip breakfast, except this last week on my trip. Not much red meat, if any, and I did more whole grains instead of white. Should I steer clear of alcohol and caffeine since it seems to aggravate PCOS? And, I do exercise at least 6 days a week. Was doing the 60+ minute cardio, but when I first got pregnant, I started to add the weights back in. I really, really miss that!

In fact Pregnitude should be avoided since it has folic acid not folate and I want you on just folate! But myoinositol alone could work, just that I don't think you need it.

Re alcohol and caffeine we have found those to be fine for PCOSers who are eating a good diet otherwise (and I have a big long explanation about taht if you want me to go into it) but you may want to ditch them or at least cut back, in case they are contributing to the losses somehow.

If you really need the weights for sanity continue. You can get a girl doing any kind of exercise really as long as you've lost at least a little weight on a lower protein diet. If the weights are helping with sanity they are fine to continue. I have to make a blanket prescription for people but you can get a girlw hile doing weights.

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2018, 02:38 PM
Also, I think there could be a good chance that I could try the clomid or femara soon. Because of my age, timing and my two losses, I hope I can! But, don’t they usually prescribe that stuff after 3 losses?

No they prescribe it for all different scenarios even people who have enver had a loss!

ABC.2606
January 8th, 2018, 11:13 PM
Hi Lmboschma - I'm so sorry about your losses :( I had my 2nd early loss in a 4 month period in mid-December (I may have been the person you mentioned on here!). I agree - definitely not fun to go through a miscarriage right around Christmas. But - I saw you said you have Raynaud's. I have Raynaud's, and a positive ANA (one of the autoimmune antibody tests Atomic was referring to). I've had both the Raynaud's and +ANA since before I conceived my boys - they were conceived easily and w/ no losses before/between them. Thus I still think my recent losses were probably chromosomal as my autoimmune condition hasn't changed/worsened over the years (Raynaud's is actually my only symptom). I would recommend getting tested though since you have Raynaud's, because the blood clotting antibodies that can cause miscarriages are often seen in the autoimmune conditions that also cause Raynaud's. Don't want to scare you about that, just so you're aware. I've been tested for those specific blood clotting antibodies a few times over the years including in the past year, and they've always been negative. You also could have Raynaud's with no underlying autoimmune condition, too (primary Raynaud's), which I wouldn't think would affect pregnancies. But - if you haven't noticed it already - caffeine can def make Raynaud's worse, so if you're still doing a lot of expresso you may want to cut back a lot or entirely on that. After my first m/c last August I switched to "half caff" coffee and now do more straight decaf, and since New Years' am trying to limit my diet soda (although I was mostly only doing caffeine-free anyways but I'm trying to cut back on the aspartame just in case). I'm also on Clomid - I have "PCO tendencies", not full blown PCOS, and a short LP so doc offered it. ANYWAYS that's a lot of background on me but we seem to have some similarities in our situation so I thought I'd share!! Again - so sorry about your losses, I definitely understand the pain.

We started trying last July, I got pregnant in August, but miscarried at 5 weeks. Doctor did some basic fertility testing during my October cycle and b/c of my short LP and the Aug m/c, he offered me Clomid if I wanted it, which I did :) Got pregnant on my 2nd cycle of Clomid and m/c again at 5 weeks. He's going to prescribe it for me again once my first post-m/c AF arrives, which should be any day now. Hoping this will be my sticky bean month!! :) :)

Noemi2017
January 9th, 2018, 07:42 AM
Is it possible after miscarriage have ovulation sooner?

Throwaway_panther
January 9th, 2018, 08:16 AM
Is it possible after miscarriage have ovulation sooner?

Yes, it's possible. My last pregnancy I ovulated 4 days sooner than I normally have, and that was following a chemical pregnancy. I've also ovulated later after a loss as well, and also right on time. It's a gamble!

atomic sagebrush
January 9th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Yes, it's possible. My last pregnancy I ovulated 4 days sooner than I normally have, and that was following a chemical pregnancy. I've also ovulated later after a loss as well, and also right on time. It's a gamble!

:agree: exactly. Results all over the map. Your body really does what it wants to (and perhaps even needs to) do in this scenario. :heart:

Lmboschma
January 10th, 2018, 04:20 PM
So, I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow. I’m wondering if I should just straight out ask for clomid or femara or are there certain tests I should ask about? I seem to draw a blank when I go in! What should I ask or request after my recent losses and my age?

atomic sagebrush
January 12th, 2018, 12:40 PM
I think you should be tested for clotting disorders, PCOS, thyroid, and autoimmune disorders.

I would just ask, "Is there any medication you can give me to make this happen more quickly?" Don't name names or anything, just ask for medication that can help. They know what to give (or not) depending on your circumstances.

FXFXFX!!

Lmboschma
January 14th, 2018, 07:08 PM
I wanted to let you know that my OB did have me get lab work done for my thyroid and the clotting disorder. I was so happy that something is being done! I guess I’m now “special0 because of the three total miscarriages. She doesn’t think PCOS for me, but we can look into it if these tests come back normal. As far as clomid or Femara, I’m pretty sure that she’ll prescribe one for me. She said her three babies were clomid babies. But, she wanted to just let me know that there is that chance of multiples. She had one patient that got triplets. Patient was thrilled about it, but it kinda freaked my doc out a bit! She doesn’t want to do that to me! :) Honestly, I’d love twins, but triplets would be crazy! I mean, I’d gladly take whatever God gives me, but we only have two more seats in the car!

atomic sagebrush
January 15th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Triplets is really rare though. We actually have had more naturally conceived trips (3 sets) than Clomid! (1 set)

Lmboschma
January 15th, 2018, 06:24 PM
Good! I mean, I get gigantic with one! I can’t imagine three! So either clomid or femara? Does it matter?

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Femara, IMO

Lmboschma
January 23rd, 2018, 05:48 PM
Well, my OB called in a femara prescription! I still haven’t had a period since the miscarriage during Christmas, so not sure when I’ll start it. But, excited to get that and get things moving! I’d love have one before the end of the year!

atomic sagebrush
January 24th, 2018, 08:19 PM
Oh that's awesome news LM!! Huge congrats!!

Lmboschma
February 16th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Atomic, any tips for me? I’m finally taking it. On CD6 and will take my last pill tomorrow. Have you seen success with first round, 2.5mg users? I’m still skipping breakfast and exercising, but can’t say I’ve been eating great! We also would love for this to work 1st round, so all bills are covered this calendar year!

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Yes people have had success the first month out!! absolutely!!!

I would add in female O for better chances of conception if you're feeling it!

Lmboschma
February 17th, 2018, 08:57 PM
Thanks!

Lmboschma
February 26th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Atomic, I finally have a positive OPK that I got after noon today. We BD’d last night (technically at midnight!), so should we attempt again because of the femara or would you say we did our attempt? Crossing everything that this is our month! My doc still wants me to come in on cd21 to get progesterone checked. But hey, this is the earliest I’ve gotten a positive opk! And, I’d like to get my breakfast back at some point!

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Agh sorry only just now saw this - when in doubt, my rule of thumb is, for best odds of pink, stick with one attempt, for better odds of conception, have another attempt. But whatever you did was ok and meant to be that way!

Lmboschma
March 10th, 2018, 05:43 PM
Atomic, and anyone else on this post, I guess this month won’t be my month for a BFP. I’m super frustrated that I’ve had the two miscarriages and then nothing, even after taking femara. I had my progesterone tested at cd20 and it was 10.7. I was so hoping for a positive this month and a baby before thanksgiving! Doesn’t help that my sis in law just had a baby and my other sis in law is due three weeks before my first miscarried due date. So, I’m bummed right now. And because I’m bummed, I’ve gained back the weight I lost before my first miscarriage in October. So, ten pounds heavier than my lightest and just wondering what to do at this point. I honestly didn’t want to have another baby so close to Christmas (my first son’s birthday is Dec 15). So, I’ve thought of taking the next few months to refocus, lose the weight and get into some much healthier habits. My concerns though, are that I’m getting older! I also wonder if it would be okay to space the femara out. I took it this last cycle and do have my prescription for the next, but was thinking of waiting until this summer to use it again.

I guess I didn’t know where to go with my frustrations, so I came here! I’ll be 38 in two weeks, and while I know I’m getting older, I do feel healthier (besides the last couple months!) than I ever have been.

Is femara really as close as I can get to a “magic pill?” I remember reading that in the femara posts!

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Yes it's totally fine to space Femara out! And yes, it's the best of the best tactic that there is. I would consider filling the prescription just because sometimes if you don't do it quick enough, they won't fill it for you. Plus you'll have it on hand if you get a wild hair and decide to take it anyway. :)

But I do want to urge you not to read ~too~ much into that progesterone number. It is SUPER common for people to have ovulated later than they thought and their prog level seems low but then they go on to get a BFP.

I actually have two December babies and yeah it's a lot, although I do find it adds to the festivities of the season I'm often financially pressed more than I'd like to be and occasionally someone gets shorted in the present department (usually my oldest, for which I feel terribly guilty even though he's 26 years old and claims not to care) So I completely understand the desire to take a month off from TTC.

What I would do here and now is just regroup and see how you feel. See if you're pregnant this month, don't despair just yet. Then if you aren't, you can decide to take a month and do diet, get your weight where you feel happy with it, and so on. Sometimes we pink swayers (control freaks LOL) feel like we have to have this full 10 point plan drawn up but there is all the time in the world to make the decisions as they come up - no need to know now what you want to do in a week or a month!! But do fill that prescription so you have the ability to change your mind suddenly and it will be all good.

Lmboschma
March 11th, 2018, 03:17 PM
Thanks Atomic! And yeah, I guess I’m not out yet, but am not very hopeful for this month. My temp dropped a lot and was the same this morning. Although I didn’t sleep too awesome last night, so I’m not sure I’d even count today’s temp! When I checked today, it is still above the cover line (?). So not a lot of hope, but I guess some shred left! And I do feel like my mind is clearer now. Started to really clean up my diet and will still skip breakfast, because I was even before swaying. If I am actually pregnant this cycle, great! If not, that’s okay too. And, you are right about having babies around Christmas. I remember nursing my baby around Christmas time, with the Christmas music and really feeing like it was more meaningful for me! And my femara is here, just in case! I decided to fill the prescription, even if I did end up pregnant this cycle. That way, we could use it if we wanted to try for #6! ��

atomic sagebrush
March 12th, 2018, 10:55 AM
Great! Yes being in the hospital at Christmas was so fun, they gave the baby this cute little elf hat and really spoiled us LOL. No matter what, I'm here to help whenever you decide you're ready! :agree: filling that prescription!!

Lmboschma
March 12th, 2018, 02:38 PM
So, I thought I’d post my chart and see what you think. I stopped marking specifics and BD after ovulation. My temp went up today, but still have negative tests. And I should add that I took my temp almost a hour earlier (4:15 instead of 5) on Sunday. Not sure if the time change messes with it even more or not at all! 38974

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2018, 12:43 PM
But you did keep BDing after "ovulation" though, right???

I do think you ~probably~ Oed when you got the crosshairs but I am not 100% convinced of that so def. keep BDing in case that first temp rise was a faker and real O is yet to come. I also think it is plausible that your crosshairs are a couple days early so you may be finding AF arrives a few days later than normal.

Yes the time change does wreak havoc on temp charts. :/

Sooo, I know that's kind of an unsatisfactory answer but this is not a cut and dry chart that is glaringly obvious about what occured.

Lmboschma
March 13th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Yes, we did continue even after ovulation! And I did have my levels checked, so I do know I ovulated sometime before CD20. My temp dipped again today, but not below the line. I also had an extra wondfo that I took this morning (finally 1st morning sample) and I do believe it was vvfaint, but I’m not getting my hopes up. Could have just been line eye! I guess I’ll just wait it out! ��

Lmboschma
March 13th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Yes, we did continue even after ovulation! And I did have my levels checked, so I do know I ovulated sometime before CD20. My temp dipped again today, but not below the line. I also had an extra wondfo that I took this morning (finally 1st morning sample) and I do believe it was vvfaint, but I知 not getting my hopes up. Could have just been line eye! I guess I値l just wait it out! 🤪

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Oh sorry you probably told me that already, I'm sorry sometimes I don't go back and reread the whole thread like I should (I have had a LOT of questions the past 2 weeks! I LOVE IT but sometimes I do start rushing more than I should)

Can you post a pic?? AAAA

Lmboschma
March 13th, 2018, 05:28 PM
Oh sorry you probably told me that already, I'm sorry sometimes I don't go back and reread the whole thread like I should (I have had a LOT of questions the past 2 weeks! I LOVE IT but sometimes I do start rushing more than I should)

Can you post a pic?? AAAA
Of my super faint tests? I’ll try!

Lmboschma
March 13th, 2018, 05:34 PM
On the top one, that’s bled, I noticed the line before that came through. Both we + in the time frame, but this pic I just took! Could turn into a chemical I guess!

Lmboschma
March 13th, 2018, 11:49 PM
Yep, started bleeding tonight! Seriously? Three loses in a row isn’t the best odds. Will femara stay in my system like clomid, in case I don’t take it this cycle, but then come ovulation time decide we want to try again?

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Yes it does! You can decide later this month if you feel like trying and the Femara will still be working for you!

Lmboschma
April 21st, 2018, 05:23 PM
Atomic, how long does femara sway? I know you said that it could sway the month after I take it. I took two cycles already. Had the chemical pregnancy and then a bfn. I’m on CD 6 right now and we are just gonna try without this month. I was just wondering if it only “lasts”the one cycle after stopping or if it sways even longer?

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2018, 06:40 PM
We don't know. I'm sure it sways the first month (observation) and I suspect it may be 2 cycles based on people having some strange symptoms for 2 or even 3 months after dropping Femara. (hot flashes, etc)

Lmboschma
July 22nd, 2018, 07:37 PM
Hey Atomic! I知 back and currently (prayerfully) almost 8 weeks pregnant. I had an ultrasound at 6w1d and saw a heartbeat of 110. I hope I don稚 feel anxious about another loss, through this whole pregnancy. But, since I feel icky off and on and my chest is looking more like nursing boobs, I have some hope! I did have a question about weaning off of folate, iron and myo-Inositol. I was taking it, hoping to improve egg quality and lose a few pounds. Didn稚 lose the weight, but wondering how/when I wean off that. And the iron is 25mg, MWF. Folate, I continue to take the full dose and then wean after the first trimester, right? I hope I can keep this one this time!

atomic sagebrush
July 23rd, 2018, 06:25 PM
Well, the myoinositol should already have been weaned off to be honest. So let's start right away weaning off that by spacing doses further and further out till you're down to one per week, then you can drop it. (be they pills or sachets, just do it that way)

I think you should keep going with the iron for now. 3x a week + what's in your prenatal will not cause any harm as the first trimester of pregnancy is very greedy for iron, and then at your first doc appointment have them do an anemia test and then if it's normal you can wean off at that point. You may be low still and would need to continue but if you're normal you can wean off it then. If you do wish to come off it now, please do so gradually and be sure you're eating a good amount of meat at the same time.

:agree: yes continue the full dose folate till the end of the first tri then gradually wean off by spacing doses, and down to amount in prenatal.

Lmboschma
July 23rd, 2018, 08:36 PM
Thanks so much! So if I was taking a small scoop on the morning and at dinner time, how should I go about it? Reduce the amount or start cutting out the evening/morning one? I’m thinking less, the two times a day, then down to one, then every other...I just don’t want to do the weaning too fast or too slow!