PDA

View Full Version : Instead Cup

TTC5
November 1st, 2011, 12:55 AM
Do you think this is essential for a boy sway? I do not own one but see a few of you ladies here have used or plan to use one?

gizmo77
November 1st, 2011, 04:01 PM
never even heard of it till here. i dont plan on one bc i have 2 kids, so i THINK im able to get pg without one...?

TTC5
November 1st, 2011, 04:02 PM
I don't have one either.

gizmo77
November 1st, 2011, 04:04 PM
instead cups are to try to get pregnant not try to get a a boy right? thats how i think...it isnt ESSENTIAL for boy. girl swayers may use IC too...just to get pg.

TTC5
November 1st, 2011, 04:13 PM
I have no idea, sorry xx

zanacal
November 1st, 2011, 05:32 PM
Are they meant to hold the sperm closer to the cervix? I think I've seen girl sways include them (because they added something to try and keep pH low) but I would guess they're good for a boy sway by getting as much sperm up there as possible? Seems messy to me!!

Hobbermittens
November 1st, 2011, 06:55 PM
I used them for collecting CM and found them uncomfortable. I didn't plan to use them for my sway but ended up using one the last attempt, and it was easier to put in while laying down. I would not have used it, except I forgot the EW and put it in just after DH finished, then used the IC to keep things inside. I don't know if it is necessary or not. Lots of people use them for their boy sway with good results. They are meant to keep high #s of sperm at the cervix.

TTC5
November 1st, 2011, 07:53 PM
If you lay with hips propped for a good 45mins to an hr would that be just as good?

Hobbermittens
November 2nd, 2011, 04:08 PM
If you lay with hips propped for a good 45mins to an hr would that be just as good?

Probably? Honestly, I would not have bothered using one at all, except for the weird situation I was in. But I guess it couldn't hurt? I was of the mind that it might push sperm away from where it needed to be, but when I took it out in the morning, it had a bunch of stuff still in it, so it must have worked.

atomic sagebrush
November 6th, 2011, 09:26 AM
No one needs an IC for either sway and in fact for blue in particular, it might backfire because of all the shenanigans you have to go through just to get the darn thing in there!! Plus, I"m not at all convinced that sperm enjoy having a big plastic cup right where they're trying to do their job.

It is FINE to just lay still for 5minutes after you DTD. You do NOT need to lay still or prop hips for 45 min. after DTD. That has been totally debunked. If it puts your mind at ease, do 15 min. but 45 is unneccesary. There is no reason to do that because the sperm are gone within 5 minutes and for sure within 15.

Personally, I think laying still for 5-15 min, hips propped or not, is BETTER than the IC because you don't lose half the semen trying to get the dang thing in there. If you really really want to use the IC, I would lay still for 5-15 and THEN put in the cup.

Hobber, I think what you did makes sense though because otherwise the EW would have just washed everything away. But that is not the ideal situation of course.

atomic sagebrush
November 6th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Are they meant to hold the sperm closer to the cervix? I think I've seen girl sways include them (because they added something to try and keep pH low) but I would guess they're good for a boy sway by getting as much sperm up there as possible? Seems messy to me!!

For a pink sway, if you use an IC and lime, you are relying totally on pH to sway and not sperm count. MPO but what they are really accomplishing is killing a lot (and in many cases ALL) of the sperm with the low pH of the lime juice and simply lowering sperm count that way. So I think it's better for pink to forget the IC cup and the lime and just go with the jelly/antihistamine combo plus lowering DH's sperm count with frequency patterns and licorice root. It seems to me that this strategy accomplishes the exact same goal without reducing the odds of pg so greatly.