PDA

View Full Version : LE diet calorie amount- Should it be unique to based on my BMI?

Emmajane
November 1st, 2017, 06:01 AM
Hi,
I am new to the LE diet and have a question regarding the calorie amount we should be sticking to. I put 1500 in to my fitness pal calorie tracker. But after I put in my details and that ai wanted to loose 2kg, the amount of calories thry set for me was lower than this.
So I am wondering if the LE diet calorie amount should be based on my BMI?

ksmom
November 1st, 2017, 08:46 AM
No I don't think so. I don't really trust it for calculating calories because everyone's metabolism is different. Atomic usually sets the minimum amount of calories at 1500 because most people would not be eating enough below that and would lose weight to the point of not being able to conceive. Are you exercising?

Emmajane
November 1st, 2017, 05:38 PM
No I don't think so. I don't really trust it for calculating calories because everyone's metabolism is different. Atomic usually sets the minimum amount of calories at 1500 because most people would not be eating enough below that and would lose weight to the point of not being able to conceive. Are you exercising?

Ok thabks. No I'm not. I don't have time for the amount suggested.

atomic sagebrush
November 3rd, 2017, 12:02 PM
The amount of calories in LE Diet is designed to be a healthy and safe prepregnancy diet so no, I do not want anyone to go below the minimum calorie amount on LE regardless of what MFP suggests. MFP has a lot of BS suggestions that border on unhealthfully anorexic IMO.

I think it is best to let your weight loss be your guide. Start off at MORE than you think you will need and see what happens. The weight may fly off u (regardless of what MFP says!) and in that case if you'd started off with fewer cals it would have been a disaster! You can always take calories away if you don't lose weight, but if you lose too much, you may stop ovulating totally!