Swayed: [emoji170] Having: [emoji174] miscarried
Due date: TBA

Username: Ttcblue
Swayed: [emoji170] Having: [emoji170]
Due date: 31st March

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4blue2pink
November 3rd, 2017, 10:58 AM
pbn 8 weeks (give or take) left for me now :)

Skyblue
November 3rd, 2017, 04:45 PM
LMSM - Thankyou and wow you know a lot about the carriers. I am going to need advise from you. [emoji4]
So, I am more than likely going to have a scheduled c- section. I am not sure how comfortable it will be to wear the baby and whice one would be most comfortable. My dd was a 10 pounder by 3 weeks. Dh is interested in wearing the baby and knowing that my babies get chunky, I am thinking he would be the one to carry more. We looked up lillebaby and we both liked it. Also, is it more comfortable to carry the baby in cotton cloth ones? Can you suggest something that we can start using right from birth? I read that we will have to buy infant insert for a few. I have also joined a group and asking dh to take me for a meeting.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6513f2

Skyblue
November 3rd, 2017, 04:54 PM
Sorry hit enter in error.
Mommaxo3- I was diagnosed with gd at 10 weeks. I only experienced some nausea after eating. I am diet controlled since then and no medication. I am not sure about the symptoms though. The best you can do is try to eats more protein with your carbs. Gd isn’t too bad and nothing that we can’t control. Try to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks and don’t go hungry for long. Make sure to follow the instructions before going for your test. Like not eating for certain number of hours. Let me know if you have any questions?

LMSM
November 3rd, 2017, 05:09 PM
SKY will come back on that, but a section shouldn’t stop you from wearing, it’s just a matter ognon choosing wellso it doesn’t push on your section scar ;)
A structured carrier won’t be great for’ that first few weeks period because of that scar unless you find one you can wear really high up comfortably...
Will try to do a summary up for you soon ;) but like PBn, if you can find a local meet close to you, that will be best to really work’ oit the best option ;)

IWant4Kids
November 4th, 2017, 06:09 AM
Mommaxo3- I had the same symptoms so today I had a glucose challenge test... I'm 21 weeks. Soooo thirsty, plus some swelling. Ob said to test now and if ok I'll have it again at 30 weeks. Maybe see if you can have it early?

Pbn3: I have always used an ergo carrier. I find them easy and heat wasn't a prob for me. I even used it in Fiji.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dancingdiva88
November 4th, 2017, 11:38 AM
6 weeks left and feeling very disorganised. I finish up work a week and a bit before having bub, I need to Xmas shop for everyone, the nursery isn't done let alone all the furniture bought. And we have something every weekend whether it be a friend's baby shower, a wedding away, a dance concert....aaarrgghhh....I plan to write a list tomorrow and cross it off as I go!

LMSM
November 5th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Special thoughts for Shann today as it’s Monday – hope the induction goes as well as possible, so you can finally meet baby!! Can’t wait to hear the news!

Max – following your last post – what a lovely positive note – love it…sounds like things are falling into place! You didn’t mention, how was the hematoma at the last can, gone? ;)
And how cute is your little man!?! :awe:

4b2p – it’s so lovely reading about how you are enjoying your pregnancy without the worry of gender – truly, I am in awe!
I am too much of a planner/worrier to have done that – but I find that yours and others’ views make it sounds beyond great – taking off the pressure of gender and just focusing on experiencing the wonder of growing new life <3

Sky – life does get hectic – and it’s certainly different when you are expecting your second/3rd etc child compared to when you have time when it’s just you haha
I am sure you will be organising for him and finding him a name – you still will have some time to get that sorted – and no doubt family will be showering you with attentions for him hehe
Re carrier – if you can avoid an insert, it will your life easier tbh – and am not sure a structured carrier would be the most comfy at first with a section scar … (easy to put on maybe, but I would think it would press on your tummy too much and it’d be great for you not to miss out on holding baby – and it actually would – if done properly – be easier on your body than trying to carry baby one armed – with a carrier the weight should be spread more evenly allowing for more comfort).
Having said that, woven wrap materials are amazing in that they truly can mould around baby, making it the comfiest choice. If you don’t think you want to try an actual wrap due to having to tie knots, many options available still. .I still think a ring sling would be great both for you and hubs in the early days but it is asymmetrical and not everyone’s cup of tea for that reason (also, people tend to find it harder to “get” how to position baby unless they have done a bit of trial and error or been shown properly – which means baby can fuss if not installed properly)..if you can afford it, and it might be cheap in the USA?, I would offer myself a one on one lesson with a certified babywearing practionner (maybe after having gone to a local meet and still needing some more fine-tuned guidance).

Mommy2Apples– you were saying Braxt was suddendy waking up at night again – does it coincide with the beginning of the pregnancy?
I have issues with DD2 (just over 2) only wanting me (If you go I will cry for you Mommy), taking forever to go to sleep…I think she is starting to integrate the pregnancy so that is her way of hanging on to me the way she can. We’ve always been very close, and she’s always been very mummy mummy mummy – but admittedly, spending an hour on the floor next to her bed every night (and the occasional night waking)

Mommaxo3 – have your symptoms subsided? May be worth just asking your OB/GP/midwife about it – if it’s sudden changes, better get it checked out if it is unusual for you ;) hop eall is well!

PBN – agree that gender reveal will be amazing – and as you say, even if somehow it doesn’t go to plan, it will be just the best ever!
Did you guys get the playroom etc sorted now? Pics? :D

Dancing – I had literally nothing or close for DD2’s arrival as we were in the middle of a reno, living amongst it, and she survived lol
But it certainly cost me in that I felt I couldn’t prepare for my bub – and missing out on that got to me! I am such a planner that I hated it – this time, I will nest the hell out of it my last bit of pregnancy haha
I’m sure you’ll get everything sorted in record time, make a list and go through it gradually in order of priority… all they need at first, is a safe means of transportation, a place to sleep, a bit of clothes/nappies, and food …. Most of which I am sure you have already ;) sounds like life will be busy in the lead up to the birth so make it as easy on yourself as possible :)

20 weeks today - woohoo! half way there – and I know time will just go faster and faster – it’ll be Xmas and NY before we know it, the 1st round of bubs will be born - then school will start and then I will be getting so close too – yikes!
I want to enjoy it I just don’t know whether hubs will go down the path of a 4th….
We can now even see the little movements on the outside at times – can’t wait to see the face of the little human wriggling in there on Wednesday – getting impatient now!!
Then we will have to think hard about a name for her :awe: we have a few top contenders, but I want to still explore the options to get that perfect name for her ^^ it’s harder as we need something that fits with her sisters’ names, our last name, and ideally works in French too without sounding too different in pronunciations … :P
I am starting to go through all the clothes I have – have plenty in sizes 1 and up – but need some onesies/PJs in size 00..though I may wait to buy those, you never know if this one will be a chunky like DD2 or more lean like DD1 lol
Oh and DD2 is well on track to toilet training – so much so, we had to go back to the loo three times last night between brushing teeth and actually sleep as she refuses to go in the nappy unless she is asleep – she loves to flush lol but that kid is a peeing machine lol am proud of her ! (we’ve gone out without any accident – only when she is really distracted does she have accidents) and admit it’d be great to bypass nappies when awake…I’ll get enough nappies to change with DD3 soon enough :P
Last comment on this epistle… teachers or those with kids in school already…any recommendations for lunchboxes/backpacks etc for a preppie? (4.5-5 y.o – 1st time at school)

Shannshaff
November 6th, 2017, 08:51 AM
We are headed to the hospital soon if Grandma ever gets here. We just messaged her and she asked, "was it today?". Are you freaking kidding me??? You for got our induction day. So not happy right now.

AshFind
November 6th, 2017, 09:08 AM
Oh no Shan!! I'd be pissed [emoji35].... more the reason for you to let us know gender first. Do you usually labor quickly?
We FINALLY got the boys beds this weekend and they love them. Other than last night one was in the floor and I couldn't find him and the other peed the bed [emoji52]. Now the destruction of baby girls room starts and I've already destroyed it... why is it when your cleaning something you make it an even bigger mess than when you started? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171106/bc182b7088ebc160ba0cad72d7d440f6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171106/99d22fd6458168f9a788443223532678.jpg
Oh and Friday went well with ds3 surgery dh got to walk back to the operating room to comfort him until he was asleep and once he was finished we got to go back to recovery and he woke up fast and in little pain (so he says) which makes me think it was hurting him in the first place.

[emoji170](07) [emoji170](09) [emoji170](14)[emoji170](15)[emoji166] EDD 1-15-18[emoji166]

4blue2pink
November 6th, 2017, 10:42 AM
thankyou LMSM :) i am really enjoying the experience of not knowing this time

good luck shann!! keeping an eye out for your update

ash so glad your sons surgery went well. love the beds they look great :) excited to see what your littles girls room looks like when your done

Bluebooties
November 6th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Good luck Shann !

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Skyblue
November 6th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Shann - That’s so annoying of her. All the best and thinking about you and the the sweet sweet baby.
Ash - Glad all went well with ds’s surgery. How long is the recovery? I love the beds. Like 4b2p said, cant wait to see your dd’s room.
Bluebooties- How are you holding up dear? When is the next scan? Thinking about you.

Bluebooties
November 6th, 2017, 12:58 PM
I don't know sky. Had a rough weekend. Hospital called to book my induction and realized this is happening i am having a 4th kid !! And it just made me bad and depressed. How could this happen ? I am so not wanting this kid. I dont feel attached. Dont want to shop or plan anything [emoji17] i am just not in a happy place right now. I am sooo exhausted with life as is.
Scan is in 4 weeks so end of this month. Did glucose testing friday.

Mommy2apples
November 6th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Ash I love their rooms! Can't wait to see baby girls room!! So thankful for the lord that your little guy's surgery he did just fine with it!!

7/2003 [emoji1349]2/2009 [emoji1407] 12/2012 [emoji1349]4/2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] The Lord Answered my [emoji1317] 2017🤰due 2018, would love a [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into our crazy bunch! [emoji7][emoji8] Main thing is healthy though!

Skyblue
November 6th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Oh my friend. I am so sorry and I can’t even imagine how hard this all must be. Trust me when I say this that I always have you on my mind. You keep sharing with us. These feelings should be spoken about since you have a lot going on.I can totally imagine not been able to bond with the baby. Don’t be hard on yourself. Give yourself time. It’s a lot to process for anyone. One day at a time. At this point, I am just praying so so so hard that all comes back ok in the scan so that you can catch a breath and relax a little. Everything else will fall back into place thereafter. Share with us. This is your safe place. Lot of prayers and hugs.

Shannshaff
November 6th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Hugs blue.i can so relate. I am sitting in l&d about to give birth and am feeling the same way.

AFM, water broken an hour ago. I was getting frustrated and pissed. Been waiting for 2 hours with them saying the midwife was on her way. Ugh. She was in a c section. I would have waited patiently for that. Anyway, no turning back now. No real contractions yet either. I'm bored ATM.

Bluebooties
November 6th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Praying for a quick easy labor shann ! Are u on pitocin ?

AshFind
November 6th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Thanks ladies. He had a cyst on his scalp that was just getting bigger and bigger he seems to be fine it's just a waiting period for the stitches to heal and not bust open from wrestling with his brothers lol. I guess I was expecting healing like ds1 who had his tonsils out. Recovery seemed to take forever for him to wake up and then the following weeks was heartbreaking madness.
Blue I feel the same some days I have my ups and downs. I always thought when I heard those words "it's a girl" I'd be completely ecstatic and buy buy buy and have everything perfectly put together but I am so exhausted taking care of 4 already who am I kidding thinking I can relax with #5 and enjoy the time. I have no idea how to care for a girl it will be so different than my easy going guys. Except ds4 he is an absolute terror but can be super sweet when he wants to be then I feel horrible for the way I get so angry at him. He says "me be nice mommy" [emoji22] I shouldn't tel him he is being mean so often I guess. Moral here other than my novel I feel the stress also blue and now that I'm only 10 weeks out and I've went as early as 35 weeks I'm stressing big time. I sure hope you feel much better soon.
Shan hope it goes quickly for you. Have you been induced before?

[emoji170](07) [emoji170](09) [emoji170](14)[emoji170](15)[emoji166] EDD 1-15-18[emoji166]

Skyblue
November 6th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Ash - Dd had her tonsils and adenoids removed and the recovery was awful for us. Those were the worst ten days. My dd has always been so easy and now she is acting up a lot lately. You have 4 kids to take care of along with being pregnant which must be so challenging but what’s my excuse. I feel awful being mad at her but she makes it so hard sometimes. I feel bad for not focusing on this baby. I feel totally consumed with dd. I need to slow down but I don’t know when and how. I take a lot of pressure for her things and letting go is so hard. We don’t even have a name for the baby yet and I feel so bad. Not even A few time shortlist from. Dh and I haven’t really liked even one we can say we love. I just want the god to know that I
Am thankful for everything but just not being good at showing it. I worry a lot though.

Skyblue
November 6th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Shann - Hang in there. Hope things go
Smooth from here on. Thinking about you. Keep us posted. I am just so excited for you. ❤️

AshFind
November 6th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Sky [emoji119] I'm a worrier also! I always feel bad for bringing more children into this awful world [emoji53] and I know it's bad to think that way. I go in spurts I'm super excited one day then super nervous/upset the next.

maximbella
November 6th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Shan, thinking of you!! Wishing you an easy and safe delivery...

Blue and Ash, I get it... I feel the same way, but only have two kids and feel overwhelmed when I think through how logistically I'll handle three kids. I stay up at night thinking (actually stressing) about the dynamics, wondering if we made a mistake, and although I feel like I'm FINALLY bonding with this baby, I hate how I felt and in a small way still feel. I really do think (actually pray) that it all falls into place once baby arrives. And Ash, it's so interesting to hear that you're scared of a girl after your easy going guys b/c it just goes to counter my argument that girls are easier. I love hearing from boy moms that have it easy with their kids and have calm, sweet boys. :)

IWant4Kids
November 6th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Shann - hoping all is going well x

Pbn3
November 6th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Thinking of you Shann!! Hope for an update soon [emoji3]

I'll be back later this morning to write a proper post but just wanted to give you all big big hugs in the meantime xxoo Trying to remember a quote someone on here said at one stage... it was along the lines of after the storm comes a rainbow so basically hang in there, things may be overwhelming and really rough at the moment and everything feels grey but the colour and light will follow, you will all get through this [emoji173][emoji173] And you are never ever alone xxoo

AshFind
November 6th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Gahhh Shan update [emoji12] ?

LMSM
November 6th, 2017, 07:41 PM
Stalking! :D
Let’s just hope it’s because she is basking up the newborn bub love :D

Skyblue
November 6th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Waiting for an update Shann. Thinking about you and the baby. ❤️

Pbn3
November 6th, 2017, 07:48 PM
I'm home and ready to stalk to!!!

Was meant to start sanding the playroom walls today. Set myself a goal of 1 hour a day until its done but after going to Woolworths I've come home and put the air con on instead [emoji23][emoji23] I WILL start by the weekend!! I need to do it first thing after school drop off or I'll lose motivation. And anyway today is Melbourne Cup Day [emoji3][emoji3] one of my fave days of the year [emoji322][emoji470][emoji471][emoji3] Happy cup day to my fellow aussies and hope you back a winner [emoji857] It's been years since I've done anything for cup day but next year I'm determined to!!! Might even try to get to the Brisbane races [emoji12] LMSM if you're interested [emoji38]

LMSM
November 6th, 2017, 08:23 PM
Haha – priorities – I can totes see why just relaxing in the aircon might seem more appealing than sanding :P

Happy Melb cup day too!
Actually for once I have something on – hubs got invited to a function and he invited me along so am meeting him in an hour… it feels like a date, which never happens so am excited lol
Only thing I had a lovely dressy dress but as I tried it on last night it was just too small on the boobs – so had to revert to another one – ah well lol
DD1 was keen to dress up so she is pretty in pink – DD2 could not care less about hair apparel (in fact refused and ripped off all my attempts lol) so she only has the cute dress lol

maximbella
November 6th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Shan stalking!!

Pbn, love your storm and rainbow message [emoji175]

Out of curiosity, do you ladies remember any connection from your babies activity during pregnancy and activity once they’re born (and older)? I’m 19 weeks and I could swear this baby is doing back to back cartwheels all day long!! DD1 was active and still is, DD2 barely moved my entire pregnancy and still doesn’t. This little guy is scaring me a bit...he’s by far the most active. [emoji51]

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24dd4d

Pbn3
November 6th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Gorgeous girls LMSM!! Waiting for a pic of you now!

Maxim I simply cant remember how active the boys were so hard for me to judge.... this one is moderately active?? Has spurts of carrying on and then goes quiet for a period [emoji23] feeling definate arm or leg, hand or foot now though which is both hilarious but freaky [emoji23]

AshFind
November 6th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Max I think it's fear of the unknown! But I remember ds3 always had his foot up in my ribs and when he was born he had one leg curled up and the other held straight out all the time. I'll see if I can find a pic. I also remember one would always wake up at 11pm and every night right after birth are enough 11 he was up! This one is just active all day and I have never remembered feeling pain when baby moves but this one hurts me it feels like kicks in the butt hole and vagina (classy huh) I'm going to ask the dr next time if she can feel yet how she's positioned.

Pbn3
November 6th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Ash I get kicked in the same exact spot [emoji52][emoji23] and when I least expect it just for maximum effect..... I do not recall at all getting kicked there in my other pregnancies and its a pretty unforgettable feeling [emoji23]

Bluebooties
November 6th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Shan stalking!!

Pbn, love your storm and rainbow message [emoji175]

Out of curiosity, do you ladies remember any connection from your babies activity during pregnancy and activity once they’re born (and older)? I’m 19 weeks and I could swear this baby is doing back to back cartwheels all day long!! DD1 was active and still is, DD2 barely moved my entire pregnancy and still doesn’t. This little guy is scaring me a bit...he’s by far the most active. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDd1 was very active and was a colicky curious active baby after birth. Dd2 and dd3 were very passive and remained even after birth. This LO is also very quite so we will see

Bluebooties
November 6th, 2017, 08:56 PM
O yes the cervical kicks 🤣 i get then each pregnancy once head is down.
With DD1 i remember rib cage kicks and boy they were annoying. This kid somehow moves its hands more than its legs as all the movements are in my pubic area and below the bellybutton.

Bluebooties
November 6th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Shann hope all is well. Waiting for update

AshFind
November 6th, 2017, 09:03 PM
[emoji23][emoji23] pbn I told dh yesterday "I seriously think if you held your hand between my legs you could feel her kick [emoji50]"

Skyblue
November 6th, 2017, 09:06 PM
LMSM - Waiting to see a pic of you and the girls now. Super cute that you all are dressed up.
Pbn - The unexpected kicks make me just go quiet for a second. I don’t even feel a lot of action because I have Anterior placenta but all the kicks are very low and that plays games with my bladder. Sometimes I go like 5 times in 15 min. [emoji849] It’s winter season now and that won’t sit well in this weather. [emoji52]
Dh told me last night that he got kicked twice the night before when he tried to touch my belly and then he continued doing that for about 10 min and the baby would kick. I had no idea. It was a busy weekend and I was out like a light.
Max- My dd wasn’t overactive but she would move throughout the day and she is not super active (in a hyperactive sense)even now. But this baby has intervals of movement so we will see what happens.

Skyblue
November 6th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Bluebooties- I feel those low kicks all the time. And they are super scary for me and sometimes painful.

AshFind
November 6th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Here's the one I was looking for max! I'll forever remember this. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/e849f8edab2bc3083fd2d92f7570eeb0.png

Pbn3
November 6th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Sky I love that your dh was getting kicks while you were out to it!! What a lovely father/son moment for him [emoji173]

Skyblue
November 6th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Pbn - He isn’t like this normally. I was also surprised. It’s hard for dh and dd to feel the baby because of my placenta being in the front so may be he was trying to feel at night. They both have felt the kicks a few times but not like anytime they want. He is excited as his parents are coming for the birth and they haven’t been here in California ever before and haven’t seen the birth of any of their grandkids.
Ash - Such a cute baby and That picture totally describes what you said.

Pbn3
November 6th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Nawwww Ash [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

maximbella
November 6th, 2017, 09:31 PM
Awww ash what a cutie!!!

Blue, my DD1 was also very active and also had colic. Wonder if there is some type of correlation?!

Bluebooties
November 6th, 2017, 09:45 PM
I wonder that too Max ! So far for me in utero activity has correlated to their attitude after birth so fingers crossed this baby keeps up the tradition [emoji1]

Bluebooties
November 6th, 2017, 09:47 PM
So I Aced my glucose test, barely made it with my hemoglobin level and "might" have a UTI. They r running a culture to be sure. I don't feel much symptoms though i have been forced to hold urine for long hours at work lately and that is never healthy.

kat1234
November 6th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Max - this baby is by far my most active too but I’ve always heard the opposite. If active in womb more chill and vise versa. I thought XX posted an article on it. Please don’t even mention colic [emoji23] I’ll DIE!!

XXforhubby
November 7th, 2017, 12:00 AM
Max - this baby is by far my most active too but I’ve always heard the opposite. If active in womb more chill and vise versa. I thought XX posted an article on it. Please don’t even mention colic [emoji23] I’ll DIE!!

Yep! The Perinatologist at my hospital showed me the study. It contained a very large sample size and there is a compelling correlation to fetal activity and demeanor once born. I can attest that Olivian is the most chill baby and she was UBER active inutero! Oh, and she is not colicky or a gassy baby either!!

[emoji170]8/2010 [emoji170]6/2013 [emoji170]11/2015 [emoji170]
[emoji178]10/2017[emoji178]

[emoji254]Thank you Gender Dreaming for our precious little girl![emoji254]

Skyblue
November 7th, 2017, 03:46 AM
Shann - Checking for an update. Hope you are doing ok.

maximbella
November 7th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Blue, hope all is ok!!

Kat and XX, phew!!!! Can you post it again if you have access to it? I wonder if that holds true for both boys and girls? I thought I read that it was opposite for some reason. Yikes lol.

Shan, how are you???

XXforhubby
November 7th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Max- I don’t have a copy of the study-he had it pulled up on his computer in the office for me to read. It was the same for both boys and girls.

XXforhubby
November 7th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Ladies- not sure if you read the other threads, but Shannshaff had a healthy baby boy!

mommaxo3
November 7th, 2017, 09:49 AM
LMSM - I had a carrier with my youngest that was face out only but I got the lillibaby because of the option to use multiple positions, I like the idea of the back carry for later on. I know for face out you have to wait until baby has head and neck control but I wanted one I can use right away with no insert. And no I'm still thirsty and nauseous but with only 1 swollen ankle now. And Yay for potty training going well and half way there!

Sky - thanks for responding. I haven't been diagnosed its just some symptoms that are pointing to it. I'll find out when I go for my bloodwork later this month.

Iwant4- My appt is in 2 weeks and the doctor rescheduled it 3 times so I'm just going to leave it. Not to mention my job has a fit when I don't give a few weeks notice before an apt and I already put in for this one. I gave a 13 day notice in the beginning of my pregnancy and got a long email about not giving enough notice and being a team player. The closer I get to maternity leave the ruder everyone seems to be getting.

Ash- I'm glad surgery went well. And I always say you have to make a mess to clean it haha. I had to laugh at your kicks in the butt hole and vagina comment. I swear my baby is so low in my pelvis she is going to fall out.

Shann- Congrats!

Everyone seems so stressed in here. Must be the time of the year. I told my SO I'm feeling very overwhelmed lately. Nothing in particular just feeling stretched thin and I'm tired a lot. I can't wait to go on leave even though I really haven't set a date yet for it.

4blue2pink
November 7th, 2017, 09:55 AM
XX all my kids have fitted into the findings of that survey :) the mega active babies have been super chilled once here and the one who barely moved (were talking worryingly low movements) has been manic since day 1!!

shann Congratulations on your healthy boy, hope you are both doing well :)

maximbella
November 7th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Thanks xx!!

Shan congrats!! Can’t wait to see a pic of your sweet little guy. [emoji175]

4blue2pink
November 7th, 2017, 11:01 AM
hows your name search going Max? are your girls still wanting "poop emoji" :D i dont know if this will be of any help at all but just to give you an idea of what my 4 boys are like..

DS1 (age 7) very chilled out from day 1, loves to research his favorite things (dinosaurs at the moment) in his books, very easy to deal with, he hates being naughty or in trouble

DS2 (age 6) very high energy and always has been, loves sports and anything physical, low attention span for anything else, he is the hardest work of all our children, if he isnt stimulated he will make his own "fun" but if you keep him busy he is fine

DS3 (age 4) very chilled, lowest energy of them all, he loves art and will sit and draw all day, so easy to deal with he also has no interest in misbehaving (unlike #2!!)

DS4 (age 3) somewhere between #2 and #3, he's laid back but manic in his own way, very very funny to watch him and the crazy stuff he does, no where near as challenging as #2 but he has a bit more about him than #1 and #3 if you know what i mean..

just thought id put this out there to say that my 4 boys all differ a lot from one another and gender cant be the reason because they are all male, i really think its just the individual personality and temperament of the child over being male or female, although i'd agree that my boys seem slightly more inclined to be physical whereas my girls are more inclined to be emotional

Mommy2apples
November 7th, 2017, 11:15 AM
I agree 4blue2pink! My boys all have their own personalities for sure!
Ds 1 as yours he always been chilled, and so easy to get along with. He's the go with the flow type. His heart is very big.

Ds 2: is very active like could be a gymnastic and can be loud and hyper, but he's good when he has to be, has a heart big as gold! So funny, and loves to sing!

Ds3: well he's mean, hyper, but so funny and can always get you to smile!

I'm so proud of all of them.

My dd she fits right in, she drags the little boys into playing dolls with her or she drags them into a wrestling match. What I'm saying is kids have their own ways of fitting right in and they adapt to fit your family perfectly.

7/2003 [emoji1349]2/2009 [emoji1407] 12/2012 [emoji1349]4/2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] The Lord Answered my [emoji1317] 2017🤰due 2018, would love a [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into our crazy bunch! [emoji7][emoji8] Main thing is healthy though!

momoffourboyz
November 7th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Shann- congrats on a healthy baby boy!! ☺

Skyblue
November 7th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Shann - Congratulations on the arrival of your sweet baby boy. How are you doin? Can’t wait to see the pic.
Mommaxo3- All the best for your test. Gd is so unpredictable and I was diagnosed very early. The symptoms may just be pregnancy related. I used to be so thirsty with my dd that all I did the whole day was drink chilled water all the time. But I passed my glucose tolerance test twice. Hope it’s just pregnancy related for you.
LMSM - So in your opinion,which carrier is good to use right from birth?
How was the outing yesterday?
Max - How are you? Are you back to your regular routine? Sorry, I missed a lot in between. How many weeks are you now?
Pbn - My due date is Feb 8. I keep forgetting to tell you. I remember whenever we start a new thread and then forget. [emoji12]

Ladies - I have a question. I had a c-section with my dd. I didn’t go into labor and my OB stripped the membrane on my due date appointment. The next evening, my water broke just a little and I had to go to l&d since I was gbs strep positive. They started me on pitocin. I walked for 4 hrs and then had epidural. After 21 hours of labor and full force contractions, the baby was still up high and I was only 6cm. Hence the c-section.
Now, this OB is asking me if I want to go for a repeat c-section or want to try for Vaginal delivery. I don’t know what to say? My previous OB told me that it would more likely be a c-section with baby number 2. Annoyingly, my OB isn’t suggesting anything and keeps saying that it’s my decision. She says she will wait for my body to go into labor until my due date if I want to go for vaginal birth and also states that she won’t be able to give me the same dosage for induction like I was given last time since there is a risk of scar opening. She is too technical and that’s the only reason I am still with her. She is not personable at all. But the fact that I have gd and she is good at making decisions when it comes to the baby and delivery is the only reason I am still with her. I wanted to change my OB after first two appointments but didn’t since I asked around a few of my sources in the hospital and they mentioned that she is technically very sound and is head of obstetrics. What do I do? I told her everything about my previous delivery yet she doesn’t even drop a Hint. I am fine with another c-section too. All I want is a safe option. And there is a gap of 6 years in between both kids.
Sorry for a long post but I really need to hear it from you all because I am not sure what to do.

Mommy2apples
November 7th, 2017, 01:54 PM
I've only ever had csections, so I'm not much help. I will tell you by my fourth baby I wanted so badly to have a baby vaginally , because it's something I never got to experience and now I never will.

AshFind
November 7th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Sky I've never had a c section but I do know I've been induced twice and labored myself twice and all turned out fine. I also feel like my recovery time was nothing since I Labor so easily. I tore a little with ds4 because of his position but for the most part hardly even sore. It sounds like maybe this ob would be on top of things more than your last and baby just wasn't ready to come yet. Also I think once you have two c sections you get less of an option to go back and forth so it really is your decision at this point lol no help sorry

Pbn3
November 7th, 2017, 02:36 PM
For those in the facebook group Shannshaff posted a pic and update yesterday :)

Skyblue I would have loved the option of a vbac for my second. I had a hard time coming to terms with the fact I will never experience natural childbirth. It still is a sore point with me and one I try to not dwell on. I stopped watching pregnancy and labour reality shows because it upsets me that much. However, everyone is different and if you're comfortable with going straight to a c-section then do so. At the end of the day all that matters is you and bub are safe and happy so go with your gut. There's no point in trying for a vbac if you're really not wanting to, don't put yourself through the stress of feeling pressured one way or the other. Make the decision that best suits you and don't look back xxoo

AshFind
November 7th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Pbn did she delete? I never seen it [emoji22].
🤢 I just ate four pieces of Halloween candy and now want to barf

Pbn3
November 7th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Ash its under the post about checking everytime I see a facebook notification if its her. Will be at the top of the page as last commented on post :)

Pbn3
November 7th, 2017, 02:52 PM
By under I mean in the comments sorry!

Skyblue
November 7th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Thankyou ladies.
Pbn - I first went back to fb to see Shannshaff’s baby. Such a cute boy.
I never thought that Vaginal birth will ever be an option before my OB asked me. I tried to go for vaginal with dd though I was scared to death thinking about a tear and pain and cried when they wanted to do a c-section. I know the recovery is quick with vaginal than a c-sec so knowing that I have that option and turning that down sounds irrational to me. And at the same time, I feel that would it be better to just do the c-sec? I am so torn and not able to decide and I tried so hard for OB to just help me get to a decision but that didn’t work out either. [emoji52]
I am also thinking to see how big is the baby at 36 weeks and see what OB has to say about that.
I asked her that people say that gd babies are big but she said not when you are diet controlled [emoji849]. What would you do?
Ash - That’s a good point that may be the baby wasn’t ready to come out last time. As soon as the OB on call suggested to go for a c-section since the contractions were at the peak, he said ok because he was scared for both me and the baby.

AshFind
November 7th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Found it.

AshFind
November 7th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Sky honestly I wouldn't worry about the gd for delivery. Since cali has lower numbers for their standard. 130 is the number mine go by and I failed my first test last two pregnancies and this pregnancy my numbers were 125 and I still haven't had a baby over 6lb 13oz the other three were in the 5s

Skyblue
November 7th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Ash - Ya, Ca is so strict. I hate it when I get this answer from my nutritionist every time I ask her that other members in my gd group have different target readings than mine. I have only gained 4 pounds so far in almost 27 weeks. I am not even buying clothes for the baby since I am so unsure how big the baby will be. My dd was 7 pounds and 3 ounce.

Pbn3
November 7th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Sky I was planning on looking into hypnotherapy for ds2 before the option of a vbac was removed. It sounds wonderful and I had these daydreams of how amazing my labour and delivery would be [emoji23] (I'm a dreamer) I would do some research into vbacs and go from there. You have plenty of time to make a decision xxoo

Skyblue
November 7th, 2017, 03:17 PM
I am also thinking about doing some search on Vbac now. Thanks.

srg09cag11
November 7th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Popping on to say, I’m about to have my fifth csection, and I am disappointed that I never got to experience labor and delivery naturally. I was going to have a VBAC with my second, but she was backwards and my doctor was uncomfortable with it. He left the decision up to me but heavily discouraged the VBAC in my final week of pregnancy. After the second csection, I no longer had the option to try VBAC.

Mommy2apples
November 7th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Sky- my gd baby was controlled by diet and he was my smallest baby.
Ds1 7.14
Dd 8.8
Ds2 8.2
Ds3 7.10

Mommy2apples
November 7th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Sky: my gd baby was my smallest baby
Ds1: 7.14
Dd: 8.8
Ds2: 8.2
Ds3: 7.10

LMSM
November 7th, 2017, 08:28 PM
Welcome to your baby boy – congrats Shann!!!
Hope all went well :awe:
I will go check on FB too, as I missed it! ^^

Sky – definitely read about VBAC – I know in the USA they are verrrry pro Csection – when in reality, well controlled and monitored, a VBAC can go perfectly well – especially if there was no risk factor per se with the 1st section (from what I understood it was an elective C section?).
For the carrier – I would try a ring sling, as you can wear it high away from the scar (if there is one ;)) and hubs can use it too – but I would urge you to go to a meet/get a one-one lesson to help you get a feel for it and see what fits your lifestyle, and needs the best ;) I can only tell what I know and like, but that is like to be different to what you might ^^
If you want to buy one thing that will last from newborn to toddlerhood – either a woven wrap (the most versatile but steepest learning curve so not for everyone), or a structure carrier adapted from birth without insert (ideally made with woven wrap material – softest for both carrier and baby – such as a Fidella flytai, lenny lamb, Soul, or more structure Lillebaby or Connecta - or one that seems great is the Emeibaby, which is a hybrid). Happy to find you links to the different kinds and videos too - ;) Will PM you later!

Blue booties – well done for acing the glucose test – one less thing to worry about!!

Mommyxo3 – hope symptoms do disappear though, not comfortable in any event!

As for me, saw my little munchkin this morning – soooo cute! Definitely all girl – and healthy. She is a fatty already – my biggest baby so far (ok, now am scared since DD2 was already chunky muffin!)will have to go on a better diet lol she is below 50% for everything bar her tummy, which is like 80th percentile :P The sonographer said to expect a big bub (and here I was hoping for a cute little delicate flower haha). She was all snuggled up between by cervix, placenta and bladder, the cheeky! The only thing was that my placenta was borderline low (just about cut off too close to the cervix) but not enough to worry them yet as they say it will go up (had to get an internal to get precise measurement). Will still mention it to the GP – maybe I can coax her into a 3rd trim scan to check it out later – as I know a low lying placenta can hinder a vaginal delivery and it freaks me out to go into labour if there is a problem with the placental location, as I go into labour hard and fast so not like I would have time to rush in for an emergency C-section, hemorrage is a potential real issue so now have myself worried as my placenta was neve rlow lying previously …
All in all - IÂ’m still amazed that this little creature is in there, and I love her so much already :awe: now to choose her forever name :D

maximbella
November 7th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Yay Shan!!! Congrats!! [emoji175]

Thank you for sharing your stories mommy and 4blue. Always so nice to hear about all the personalities and variations.

Lmsm, sounds so cute! My placenta was also low lying but they said it wasn’t concerning because it will continue to move (hopefully in the right direction). No names yet, still love William and Samuel and they are too contenders. Both of my girls are named after grandmothers that we knew and loved, but I wasn’t as close with either of the grandfathers with those names so we might choose something else entirely. We have gotten away from the name “poop emoji” but still don’t have others that we love yet. I think we might need to see him before deciding? Also, I think you asked about the hematoma? It’s still there and measuring 3cm, but my OB took me off bedrest and I have been slowly getting back to the gym which has been amazing!!! I took a barre class today and it makes me so, so happy.

I’ve been having a really hard time sleeping at night. Anyone else?! I start stressing about schedules once baby arrives, praying that I fall in love with him the second I see him, curious what he will be like, trying to imagine what he will look like, etc. I’m actually very glad Jessica Alba is having a boy bc she has the same age spread and somehow seeing her publicly embracing it makes me happy. I don’t know if that’s weird or not?

Pbn, I also love the idea of hypnobirthing. They don’t allow it in the hospitals here. So unfortunate. I labor FAST and think it would make such a difference. Bummer! How are you feeling??

AshFind
November 7th, 2017, 09:02 PM
Max I struggle with sleeping. Not necessarily because of stressing (I don't think) but I wake up to pee so often seems like my 3am bathroom break keeps me away until 4:30 or 5. [emoji31] and I get so angry lol. I told dh just the other day I hope I can get one good sleep in before giving birth it would be grand.

AshFind
November 7th, 2017, 09:03 PM
I also wonder ALL THE TIME what she will look likE. My hopes are like me... all by boys are blondies that favor dh

Pbn3
November 7th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Maxim I feel good if not tired alot because I also don't sleep well. Like Ash I'm always getting up to pee.... 4 times during the night last night and again at 5.30am this morning which I couldn't get back to sleep from [emoji24] plus have trouble getting to sleep to begin with. I try and change sides because my hand will go to sleep but its like I have to wait for bub to resettle on the other side and sometimes its so uncomfy I just go back to the other side [emoji23][emoji23]

Pbn3
November 7th, 2017, 09:06 PM
And yes the hypnobirthing does sound amazing doesn't it!! I'm surprised its not encouraged???!!!

maximbella
November 7th, 2017, 09:22 PM
I always get up to pee also, and then my brain starts working. It’s awful!!!

I agree pbn. So crazy that it’s not more encouraged.

LMSM
November 7th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Max – glad you’re off bedrest, woohoo for the gym – I can imagine how that must feel after months of not being allowed to! Enjoy but don’t go too hard too fast eh? ;)
I don’t think seeing someone quite public with the same dynamics as you, and how she embraces it etc is weird at all – I follow a mum of soon to be 3 girls online, and it’s seeing that kind of dynamic that makes me more at peace with having 3 girls – I get mostly “negative” comments, so it’s like a breath of fresh air!
I’m sure if you shortlist some names, you will know once you see him which one fits him like a glove ;) I love both names you have, I would choose Samuel William over Willaim Samuel but that’s only because I love both almost equally but Sam just that notch more – I hope one day I get to have a Sam of my own ;)
Why would they not allow you to use any labour technique you want? Not like hypnobirthing would interfere??? Agree, having some sort of calming option (whatever that may be) would be awesome – I labour very fast too, and something to ground me would be so nice – but admittedly haven’t had time with either labours to think too much – fortunately, hubby was a great support – I just need to pace myself as much as possible next time to avoid tearing – rocket babies and precip labours = stunned mama and perineum lol

Oh and same here, peeing constantly, up at night multiple times too – but can see why, the munchkin has her fav spot with nudging her head between bladder and cervix – I stand no chance lol
PBN I’m the same, I get numb, trying to sleep on the side – fortunately I bought a big maternity pillow last week(only had a small one until then) and sleep soooo much better now, as my limbs don’t go numb anywhere near as much, and it keeps me in place – whereas if I end up on the back, I get woken by strong tightenings – and if I wake up, I have to get up to pee, yet again (I seriously go 2-3 times in the 30 minutes before sleep and yet still maange to need to go again at night lol)

Pbn3
November 7th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Lmsm I cant understand how I have any pee left by morning [emoji23][emoji23] should've looked into a maternity pillow but won't bother now as I'm so close!

LMSM
November 8th, 2017, 12:21 AM
Haha I hear ya – I even try to limit my drinks by late arvo so I don’t have too much fluid in there – and nope, still need to pee like every two bloody minutes (it’ll be fun in the last weeks where it’s even worse because of the sheer pressure of bub’s weight lol)
Because it’s my third, I am loathe investing too much in that kinda stuff – found it on Gumtree a few suburbs down and was new – got it for $10 instead of $70/80 in the shops. It was a rather wealthy lady, whom I suspect has bought 3 of everything and only used one lol I am soooo happy I did buy it though – you can zip it into a cushion for bub afterwards too :D
Body Pillow Chevron - Baby Studio (http://babystudio.com.au/products/display.asp?ID=70&Category=Maternity&collection=&T=Body%20Pillow%20Chevron)

4blue2pink
November 8th, 2017, 07:23 AM
glad your getting back into your exercise max :) i cant believe hypnobirth isnt allowed?? what excuse can they possibly give for not wanting you to listen to it and do the breathing exercises in your room? not like your disturbing other women or interfering with medical equipment or anything, beyond me how controlling some hospitals are :(

LMSM glad baby is looking good :) i would think they will re-check placenta position around 35 ish weeks just to make sure its moved up enough, im sure it will and that everything will be fine for you

mommaxo3
November 8th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Sky - I hope its just pregnancy related too. I just thought it was weird because the symptoms came from no where and suddenly. You're due date is just 3 days after mine :) Also I've never had a c-section but I'd go for the vaginal first and if it didn't work then they can do the csection. But really it's your preference. With the csection you'll have an appointment scheduled and know when the baby will be here which is a perk in my opinion (I hate not knowing stuff) but a vaginal delivery is so much easier to heal from (from what I've heard).

LMSM - I'm hoping for a small delicate baby too but I'm not hoping too hard since my last was 8lbs 5oz. I'm expecting 10lbs this time around. And my doctor won't do anymore u/s so I have no way of knowing if baby will be large or not. For this reason I have an elective 4D u/s set up for the end of the month but this place is in no way connected to the doctor and I may have another closer to the due date. I hope I can make it to the appointment.

US hospitals seem to restrict a lot. I was induced twice and not allowed to walk around or eat. I was sooo bored and pretty mean by the end after not eating for about 24 hours. I wasn't allowed to eat from a certain time the night before until I had them the next day, both times this was around 8pm they were born.

LMSM
November 8th, 2017, 05:51 PM
4b2p – since the placenta was noted as ok (because it was juuuust at the limit lol), it is not on the report that it was borderline low – so will have to tell my GP of my concerns, and hope she will agree to a referral for a late scan – it really, really would appease my fears ;) I’m sure it will move up nicely, since most do naturally anyways, but just want to not put us at risk, especially since there is a very real chance I may end up having an unassisted birth at home given how quick I labour ;)
How are you feeling? Are the other kids getting excited? Is your youngest daughter aware of what is coming you think? ;)

Mommaxo3 - yep, I pretty much have no hope of a delicate little thing either (DD2 was an 8 pounder too) lol there is no 3rd trimester scan if all is well here either so no way of knowing if there is a potential whopper in there :D
Can a private scan tell you if baby is big? Here all the non-medical ones (you can only get a medical one if you have a referral from your doc) only are for “entertainment” and they don’t provide any feedback on anything but gender….
FX all is well and your darling girl is growing perfectly! Please show us pics! :D

Ok wish me luck, am meeting with my friend at lunch and will tell her about #3….I’ve dressed so that the bump doesn’t stand out at all, I don’t want it to be “in your face” kinda of a thing!

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Maximbella, can you repost your colic thread without the question mark? For some reason occasionally the last couple weeks, threads with puncuation in them are impossible for some of us to read.

dancingdiva88
November 9th, 2017, 07:09 AM
How did telling your friend go LMSM? It's hard sharing baby news with people battling infertility. I had to tell my close friend since 13 years old that I was pregnant with this one and she'd gone through 2 miscarriages and a termination at 17 weeks. I felt awful. She's due exactly 3 weeks after me now!

dancingdiva88
November 9th, 2017, 07:12 AM
I'm starting to regret being team green now too. I did want to find out but decided not to because DH wanted to be team green. I just having a dreading feeling for the birth and that my sway failed ....and I despise failure! I know I'll grow to love the baby if it's a girl but I just can't see how I will be able to not be so disappointed and upset after the birth for a few hours.

XXforhubby
November 9th, 2017, 07:19 AM
I'm starting to regret being team green now too. I did want to find out but decided not to because DH wanted to be team green. I just having a dreading feeling for the birth and that my sway failed ....and I despise failure! I know I'll grow to love the baby if it's a girl but I just can't see how I will be able to not be so disappointed and upset after the birth for a few hours.

Then you should absolutely find out. You can talk with your doctor about your feelings and have him/her tell you either at your appointment or have him/her write it down for you to read later. This happened to my close friend, and I️ personally think it contributed to her postpartum depression.

4blue2pink
November 9th, 2017, 07:37 AM
LMSM oh i see :) if its literally just on the boarder of low then it will be pulled up and out of the way in time, but i agree they should at least offer you a quick re-scan around 35 weeks just to assure you since they have told you its a bit low now and put it into your head.
gotta love an unassisted homebirth ;) you will rock it wherever you have her :D can you not book a homebirth given your history of very fast births? it seems far more risky for you to get in the car and end up delivering somewhere between home and hospital, over here if you have a fast birth they recommend homebirth for your next baby for that reason.

im feeling good thankyou :heart: it still doesnt really feel real!! we havent told the kids we never do, we dont announce to anyone before baby is born and if the kids knew they'd be telling everyone!! we save it and let it be a big surprise for them when baby arrives :) they have been begging for another baby for months now so i know they will be over the moon, especially once they've asked "can we keep him/her?" and the answer is yes!! my youngest is oblivious she is only 12 months and far too busy walking around getting into everything to notice anything else really!!

i hope everything goes well with telling your friend, its a very difficult position to be in but im sure she will really appreciate you telling her to her face and not just leaving her to find out via facebook or through someone else etc

have you found any names for your baby girl? i find girl names so hard!!

4blue2pink
November 9th, 2017, 07:41 AM
dancingdiva if team green is making you miserable then find out, if it isnt the right thing for you then dont keep on with it, im sure your dh will understand and the last thing you want to do as XX's post shows is put yourself at an increased risk of post-natal depression

mommaxo3
November 9th, 2017, 09:41 AM
LMSM - yes she does give weight estimates if you ask and that's one of the reasons I booked the appointment (other than to see that cute squishy lil face). How did your meeting go? I hope your friend is taking the news ok. When I was pregnant with my first, my ex SIL was due 2 months after me and she miscarried hers and I hated when people asked me pregnancy things in front of her because she should have been experiencing similar things at the time, she now has 3 little girls.

Pbn3
November 9th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Dancing I agree with finding out prior to birth also if you're worried about your reaction [emoji173]

4blue2pink am I missing something??!! Have you confirmed girl??!! [emoji3][emoji3]

maximbella
November 9th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Dancing, for what it’s worth....I’m so incredibly jealous of PBN’s gender reveal in the hospital. I️ love how she has it planned out and soooo wish more than anything that I️ was ok with either gender and could do it that way. However, this time around I️ was so set on girl that I️ knew I’d have the reaction that I’m having to hearing an opposite. I️ talked to a therapist about it and she told me that one of the best things I️ could have done for myself was to find out early so that I️ had time to work through my feelings, rather than trying to do that with the added hormones and stress of a newborn. I️ have to agree because it’s taken me a good month to get comfortable (and excited) about a boy, but it would have been a whole other situation if I️ had uncovered that after birth knowing I️ already have crazy hormones afterwards. That’s just my personal story, it doesn’t mean that I’m not still incredibly in awe and jealous of those that can wait to find out, but it taught me in my own personal case that knowing ahead of time (again for me) was right. I’ve also seen atomic say that if you have the slightest hesitation about it then to find out. I️ can also see the other side in just waiting since once baby is in your arms you will love him/her regardless. But you have to do what’s right for you.

maximbella
November 9th, 2017, 09:22 PM
By the way pbn, I️ took your shopping advice to heart and we have one spoiled (and I️ must say also well dressed!!!) little guy. I’ll post pics tomorrow when I️ have energy to get up and walk to his room. [emoji170] surprised at how much I’m liking little man clothing. And for those of you that haven’t heard about kickee pants yet, check out their newborn onesies. They are ah-mazing!!!!!

Pbn3
November 9th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Cant wait to see your purchases Maxim [emoji3]

XXforhubby
November 9th, 2017, 09:34 PM
By the way pbn, I️ took your shopping advice to heart and we have one spoiled (and I️ must say also well dressed!!!) little guy. I’ll post pics tomorrow when I️ have energy to get up and walk to his room. [emoji170] surprised at how much I’m liking little man clothing. And for those of you that haven’t heard about kickee pants yet, check out their newborn onesies. They are ah-mazing!!!!!

Stalking for pics....[emoji102][emoji352][emoji4][emoji170]

Skyblue
November 10th, 2017, 02:02 AM
Mommaxo3- Wow. We are that close. ❤️ I tried so hard with dd to have vaginal birth but it didn’t work and this time I was told that it will be a c-section and I was also mentally prepared but now OB gave me this option of vaginal birth and I just didn’t know what to say but like you said that I should try and if it doesn’t work then would be having a c-section anyway. I m scared to deliver vaginally because I am scared it would hurt so bad but I love the fact that the recovery will be way better and quicker. Dh and I are going to speak to the OB on my next appointment and will finally tell her our decision.
When is your GTT?
LMSM - Saw the pics on fb. Such a cute little baby. ❤️❤️ I wish they would do another scan to check the placenta. My OB did it for me in 38th week last time and this time in 36th week because of gd. I am glad that they will be doing the scan so that I would have an idea about the baby’s weight and that will help me to change my mind about Vbac incase the baby will measure big. I think they do it for everyone around 38th week. Don’t they?
How did it go with your friend? You did the right thing meeting her to tell her the news. I am sure she would have appreciated it too.
4b2p - I am just curious. Do the kids know that you are pregnant ? Do you know the gender?
Dancingdiva- I agree with others about finding out or atleast have OB write it on a paper so that you can see whenever you feel ready. And I am sure dh will understand.
Max - Waiting for the pics and so excited for you.
Xxforhubby- How is our darling Olivian? I just love her name and always waiting for her pics. Lots of love to her. How are you feeling with the meds?
Pbn - How are you doing? Are the boys feeling the kicks yet? How excited are they? Do they say what gender do they hope is the baby?❤️
Bluebooties- How are you my friend? Sorry I missed. What’s the date of your next scan?
Ash - Can’t wait to see the pics of your dd’s room. It just felt so good to write “your dd’s room”[emoji12][emoji12]
Lolla - How are you dear. Long time.

dancingdiva88
November 10th, 2017, 03:22 AM
Thanks for everyone's kid words. Unfortunately after talking to DH about how I felt, he was very unimpressed about it. He said I should just be thankful for a healthy baby (he'd just found out a few hours earlier that his cousin is having a boy next year but 100% confirmed case of down's syndrome). So I guess that didn't help matters too.
He also said if I couldn't accept the fact that it could be a girl then I shouldn't have had another pregnancy. Which annoyed me because he swayed for a boy along with me and also said only a few days ago he would be slightly disappointed if it's a girl.
He said if I found out before him, he'd never forgive me because we had agreed and we've come this far, and finding out the sex should be something we experience together.

I'm just at a loss that he thinks all will just be OK after the birth.

Pbn3
November 10th, 2017, 03:53 AM
Dancing I'm sorry dh has taken this stance - and such an unfair one I might add!! Sounds like he is thinking purely of his own feelings and not taking yours into account [emoji17]

Sky I'm going really well thank you! Boys are pretty excited, mostly the eldest as the youngest still doesn't really comprehend what it all means. They are both saying they want a sister now. Ds1 only wants a girl because (in his own words) "she wont want to play with my toys" and ds2 wants a sister now because that's what ds1 says [emoji23][emoji23]

Pbn3
November 10th, 2017, 03:56 AM
Dancing will he consider finding out together prior to the birth then. As per an earlier suggestion from xx I think it was - get it written down on paper and have it put in an envelope you can open together. There has to be some compromise!!!!

Bommy_7
November 10th, 2017, 05:18 AM
Ok so I think I've caught up to everyone :-) Sorry I have trouble keeping up but had my scan yesterday and it's a boy!y sway worked :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Pbn3
November 10th, 2017, 06:02 AM
Congratulations again Bommy [emoji3][emoji322] have updated our intro post!

4blue2pink
November 10th, 2017, 06:10 AM
Pbn nope still team green :D we just really really struggle with girls names!! DD1 was nameless for 2 days after she was born and DD2 was nameless for 5 weeks!! all the boys were named either before birth or within a few hours after, i know if baby is a boy he will be named fairly easily :) im just worried if its a girl she'll be "baby" for potentially up to 6 weeks again :-/ i didnt enjoy having a nameless baby for so long with DD2 it was stressful to say the least and people kept asking "is she named yet" every 2 seconds!!

4blue2pink
November 10th, 2017, 06:15 AM
Congratulations on your boy Bommy!! :D love that the blue sways are having so much success now!!

sky im glad you are being given both options of delivery :) and no the kids dont know im pregnant, we always keep it as a surprise for them when baby arrives, we are still team green :)

dancing im sorry your dh is being so difficult :( i know this sounds awful but is there any way you could find out and just not tell him? im not trying to encourage you to lie to him but i do think its very important that you do what is best for you in this situation :heart:

XXforhubby
November 10th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Dancing will he consider finding out together prior to the birth then. As per an earlier suggestion from xx I think it was - get it written down on paper and have it put in an envelope you can open together. There has to be some compromise!!!!

Dancing- I would push for this. Let your DH know that you respect his feelings, but you feel like he is invalidating yours. Tell him you would like to compromise and do this together, and if not, then I would personally find out on your own. I can tell by your posts that this is weighing heavily on you, and you have to do what is best for YOU. You’re the one that will be up the most during the sleepless nights, and caring for the kids/house the most with the added hormones.

XXforhubby
November 10th, 2017, 08:38 AM
Mommaxo3- Wow. We are that close. ❤️ I tried so hard with dd to have vaginal birth but it didn’t work and this time I was told that it will be a c-section and I was also mentally prepared but now OB gave me this option of vaginal birth and I just didn’t know what to say but like you said that I should try and if it doesn’t work then would be having a c-section anyway. I m scared to deliver vaginally because I am scared it would hurt so bad but I love the fact that the recovery will be way better and quicker. Dh and I are going to speak to the OB on my next appointment and will finally tell her our decision.
When is your GTT?
LMSM - Saw the pics on fb. Such a cute little baby. ❤️❤️ I wish they would do another scan to check the placenta. My OB did it for me in 38th week last time and this time in 36th week because of gd. I am glad that they will be doing the scan so that I would have an idea about the baby’s weight and that will help me to change my mind about Vbac incase the baby will measure big. I think they do it for everyone around 38th week. Don’t they?
How did it go with your friend? You did the right thing meeting her to tell her the news. I am sure she would have appreciated it too.
4b2p - I am just curious. Do the kids know that you are pregnant ? Do you know the gender?
Dancingdiva- I agree with others about finding out or atleast have OB write it on a paper so that you can see whenever you feel ready. And I am sure dh will understand.
Max - Waiting for the pics and so excited for you.
Xxforhubby- How is our darling Olivian? I just love her name and always waiting for her pics. Lots of love to her. How are you feeling with the meds?
Pbn - How are you doing? Are the boys feeling the kicks yet? How excited are they? Do they say what gender do they hope is the baby?❤️
Bluebooties- How are you my friend? Sorry I missed. What’s the date of your next scan?
Ash - Can’t wait to see the pics of your dd’s room. It just felt so good to write “your dd’s room”[emoji12][emoji12]
Lolla - How are you dear. Long time.

You’re so sweet, Sky! Olivian is doing fantastic! She’s gained 3lbs in 3 weeks making her 11lbs 5oz! She’s such an easy baby- sleeps well, is sleep trained, loves a good conversation, and is such a patient, gentle soul [emoji4]. I’m already learning so much from her!

I’ve been off the meds for 2.5 weeks now. The medicine was making my BP get too low. Since then, my BP has been normal and getting back to my pre-pregnancy BP. Of course continued weight loss and exercise will help [emoji6]. I’ve already cleaned up my diet, calories are reigned in, and starting my beloved T-25 (I love Shaun-T [emoji39]) next weekend! I’m staying fit so I can be around for as much of Olivian’s life as possible!!

mommaxo3
November 10th, 2017, 09:16 AM
Sky - my test is nov 20th so over a week yet. And here we don't get a scan past 20 weeks unless something is wrong. Which is odd to me because I had a 3rd trimester scan with my other 2 but things have changed I guess.

Dancing - I don't agree with DH literally guilting you into what he wants without considering your feelings too. Have you explained the risk of depression after birth by not finding out and how you can work through your feeling beforehand if you know now? I had PPD with my 2nd pretty bad (not gender related so not much could've prevented it) and I really didn't want much to do with her. I feel guilty about it now because she's such a great and easy going kid but it took me a while to bond with her.

Bommy - congrats!

4blue2pink- How on earth did you go 5 weeks with no name? We can't even leave the hospital until all the paperwork is filled out lol.

Xx- How cute! I love girl clothes!

4blue2pink
November 10th, 2017, 09:31 AM
mommaxo3 we get 6 weeks to register the birth over here, after that you risk being fined, im hoping we can find a girl name sooner this time if baby is a girl though!! its my own fault because i have so many weird "rules" when it comes to girls names that i dont have for boys

Bluebooties
November 10th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Awe XX olivian is just a darling xoxo

Sky my next scan is Nov 28th !

AshFind
November 10th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Haven’t read much but sky if you get an epidural I seriously haven’t felt a darn thing. I have pain until I can’t stand it and then I opt for epidural I fall asleep and when I wake up puking I know it’s time. Few pushes later I have baby. I know everyone is so different but that’s my vag birth history.

Bluebooties
November 10th, 2017, 01:00 PM
I love epidurals !
Made birth such a enjoyable experience compared to my non epidural birth so I am all for it.

Skyblue
November 10th, 2017, 05:09 PM
You’re so sweet, Sky! Olivian is doing fantastic! She’s gained 3lbs in 3 weeks making her 11lbs 5oz! She’s such an easy baby- sleeps well, is sleep trained, loves a good conversation, and is such a patient, gentle soul [emoji4]. I’m already learning so much from her!

I’ve been off the meds for 2.5 weeks now. The medicine was making my BP get too low. Since then, my BP has been normal and getting back to my pre-pregnancy BP. Of course continued weight loss and exercise will help [emoji6]. I’ve already cleaned up my diet, calories are reigned in, and starting my beloved T-25 (I love Shaun-T [emoji39]) next weekend! I’m staying fit so I can be around for as much of Olivian’s life as possible!!

Here is a pic of her on her 1 month birthday:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171110/9d9323687137fe4a224b4b872f209f0e.jpg

Gorgeous little girl she is. Love her outfit. Glad you are getting back to your routine and bp is coming back to normal too. I am sure you will be back to your old self in no time. You inspire me. Share a picture of you with Olivian when you can. Who does she look like?

Skyblue
November 10th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Congratulations on your boy Bommy!! :D love that the blue sways are having so much success now!!

sky im glad you are being given both options of delivery :) and no the kids dont know im pregnant, we always keep it as a surprise for them when baby arrives, we are still team green :)

dancing im sorry your dh is being so difficult :( i know this sounds awful but is there any way you could find out and just not tell him? im not trying to encourage you to lie to him but i do think its very important that you do what is best for you in this situation :heart:

Wow, You are awesome for not letting the kids find out. I can only imagine the excitement of kids when they would see the Baby and had no clue about the pregnancy. This sounds so amazingly cute. So, how have they reacted in the past when they saw the baby. I am just so excited. [emoji4]❤️

Skyblue
November 10th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Dancing I'm sorry dh has taken this stance - and such an unfair one I might add!! Sounds like he is thinking purely of his own feelings and not taking yours into account [emoji17]

Sky I'm going really well thank you! Boys are pretty excited, mostly the eldest as the youngest still doesn't really comprehend what it all means. They are both saying they want a sister now. Ds1 only wants a girl because (in his own words) "she wont want to play with my toys" and ds2 wants a sister now because that's what ds1 says [emoji23][emoji23]

Haha. “Won’t want to play with my toys “ kids are so cute. A friend of my dd told her to ask for a boy so that she won’t have to share her toys. [emoji12][emoji12] Glad that you are doing well. Do you have names for girl and boy? We are still searching. [emoji52]

Skyblue
November 10th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Dancing - I agree with others that dh shouldn’t be guilting you if you want something different. His reasons are valid but so are yours. PPD is so real. I didn’t want to find out the gender but dh did and I respected that because we don’t always have to be wanting the same things yet respect each other’s wishes. I found out on my follow up anatomy scan and he had a hint since 12 week u/s. Try to talk to him again about all this. Hugs.
Ash - I took epidural with dd after I couldn’t bear the pain. I was on pitocin and walked for almost 4 hours.
Hope I could do it this time.
Bluebooties- I will be thinking about you and the baby. How are you doing?
Bommy - Congratulations. So happy for you.
Shann - Are you Home? How are you and the baby doing?

AshFind
November 10th, 2017, 05:54 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171110/f41b0725921ebafc809e95cac7be4933.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171110/527ab44d235b6d90758ec5025bd3fb4a.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171110/c152900780faa81a097a2f6527d84d52.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171110/299344137cd374f2badf88a54d499a82.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171110/dda49e55b8a4cb3c7a9dd99f7790043b.png ANDDDDD IM BROKE [emoji85]

Mommy2apples
November 10th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Oh Ash!! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] those are stunning!!

Bluebooties
November 10th, 2017, 06:14 PM
I am doing ok sky thanks for asking.

Ash these r so adorable ! Which brand ?

Bluebooties
November 10th, 2017, 06:15 PM
I don't know whether to buy newborn or premie size so waiting till last month to see how baby's weight progresses b4 i buy anything.

Skyblue
November 10th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Awww adorable outfits Ash. Can’t wait to see your dd in those. ❤️

AshFind
November 10th, 2017, 06:43 PM
Blue it’s all mud pie and giggle moon and rare editions [emoji52]

Bluebooties
November 10th, 2017, 07:12 PM
I love the rare edition holiday dresses

XXforhubby
November 10th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Sky- I’ll send you a PM of me and Olivian. She looks like a mash up of me, my DS1 from her nose up, and my DS2 and me from the nose down. My Grandma thinks she looks like me and my DS2. She should know- she raised me!

Pbn3
November 11th, 2017, 04:45 AM
Wrote a post and Tapatalk wouldn't post it so I screenshot it instead [emoji38]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171111/06718ad33ec98e53155ad4c9f887ddba.jpg

4blue2pink
November 11th, 2017, 05:07 AM
Ash those outfits are gorgeous <3

XX ive only seen you in your bump pics but i think olivian looks just like you :)

mommy2apples how are you feeling?

sky with baby #2 and #3 the others were too young to really understand but with #4 he was born at night and they woke up and walked into our bedroom to find baby :) my oldest said "whats that?" haha and then they all wanted to hold him
with baby #5 and #6 they have been older and very excited!! with #6 she was born while they were at school and nursery so the older 4 came home, met her and all went crazy!! they were all "can we keep her? please can we keep her!!" it was so cute <3 its like Christmas with the level of excitement and then its non-stop requests to hold baby :)
i know it probably seems strange not telling them and just surprising them with the baby but after seeing how excited they get i couldnt imagine doing it any other way, and it also means i dont have to deal with non-stop "when is the baby arriving?" type questions!!

Pbn3
November 11th, 2017, 05:10 AM
4blue2pink that is just gorgeous how your kids reacted [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] cant wait to hear how they react this time!

4blue2pink
November 11th, 2017, 05:18 AM
pbn they have been begging for another baby for months now and with them being that bit older again (older 4 will be 7,6,5 and almost 4) i think its going to be crazy levels of excitement!! my younger 2 are aged 2 and 1 so i dont know how much they will understand although my 2 year old loves babies and always carries a toy round with her and says its her baby :) at the moment "baby" is a big pink octopus!! dh found her loading it into the highchair the other day to feed it!! :D so im sure she will want to hold baby if nothing else :)

are your kids excited?

Pbn3
November 11th, 2017, 05:23 AM
My almost 6 year old is although I think the excitement has worn off abit simply because how long it takes [emoji23] my youngest doesn't really understand. He knows there's a baby in mummy's tummy but he doesn't reeeaaaally get it lol!! Cant wait for the day they meet him or her in the hospital [emoji3][emoji3]

4blue2pink
November 11th, 2017, 06:00 AM
yes the fact that it does take so long is another reason id rather not tell my lot because itd be non stop nagging "is the baby coming today?" type questions from at least 4 of them!! im sure your kids will be over the moon with baby when they meet him/her :heart: cant believe how close this group is getting to babies arriving now!! :D were you team green with your other 2? im really enjoying it, much more than i thought i would if im honest :) so glad i didnt find out when i had some doubts around half way!!

Pbn3
November 11th, 2017, 06:07 AM
I'm loving team green too!!! I found out with my first, had to know asap lol. My second was meant to be team green but the sonographer made a hugely obvious slip up so while we didn't confirm we still knew [emoji4] this time I'm absolutely clueless. I seen both a girly and boyish looking nub during my 12w scan (plus I was only 11w6days so I knew if I seen anything it would be too early anyway) Almost caved then as I had gender done with nipt testing but after a couple days I was strongly team green again and haven't looked back [emoji3] I am also so strangely relaxed at the moment. I have nothing oranised yet but don't feel there's any rush or that much to do really... like chalk and cheese compared to my first [emoji23] How about you?

4blue2pink
November 11th, 2017, 06:48 AM
i found out with #1-5 at 18-20 weeks, with #6 i was team green until 37 weeks!! i went for a scan and caved!! haha regretted it after because i felt id robbed myself of the surprise.

i am clueless too i really have no feeling one way or the other on what this baby might be, and i am also super relaxed :) i have some neutral newborn stuff but thats it, im not really organised overall and we haven't even talked names (i honestly dont see a point until baby is here and we know if boy/girl) but i still feel completely chilled :) total opposite to what i imagined team green would be, i thought itd bring a whole new level of stress due to the disorganisation but it seems the opposite, its also making it seem sort of surreal that there's going to be a baby in 7 ish weeks, i think its because we aren't waiting for *him* or *her* this time so its sort of impossible to imagine if that makes sense?

Mommy2apples
November 11th, 2017, 07:58 AM
4blue2pink! Thank you so much for asking! I'm feeling excited and have my faith in the lord that next week will be the week that I see my little ones heartbeat! As I know there is more to my testimony he had me give Wednesday at church then first part and I'm beyond excited to be able to stand up and testify of his answered prayers and miracles he still makes once I see the heartbeat and again once I take our baby that will complete our family in July!
Nausea and tender breasts are the biggest contenders right now, but waiting for the symptoms to be piled on thick as I keep praying for them! Betas are going up fantastic also!
October 25: 49
October 27: 131
October 31: 601
November 9: 5,776!

How are you feeling momma? Thank you so much for asking me! I think it's neat how you bring a baby in to them and are like surprise!!

4blue2pink
November 11th, 2017, 09:15 AM
mommy2apples those numbers are looking great :D the sickness is rough but its also reassuring isn't it :) fingers crossed you get to see a strong healthy heartbeat at your scan!!

im feeling good thankyou :heart: having a lot of stomach acid coming up into my throat/mouth which isnt nice and im having to sleep sat up because of it but other than that i feel fine :) cant quite wrap my head around only having 7 weeks (ish) left!!

haha yes its very much SURPRISE KIDS..A BABY!! :D

Mommy2apples
November 11th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Thanks 4blue2pink! Yes I'll take the symptoms without complaint for sure!!

Wow 7 weeks!! It's so close!! All you'll be holding your newborn and soon!! Too excited for you!!

Mommy2apples
November 11th, 2017, 09:18 AM
So gastric reflux? That is terrible! Hope you are sleeping comfortably by sitting up sleeping!

4blue2pink
November 11th, 2017, 09:29 AM
im not sure what it is but yes id guess at some kind of reflux, i think its because the valve at the top of my stomach relaxes and that allows the acid to come up, ive had it with the last 4 of my babies and it always goes within a couple of weeks of them being born so im certain its a pregnancy thing, im sleeping ok as long as im fairly upright, lying down is really not an option!!

i know its so close!! :heart: it still doesn't feel real im not sure it will until baby is here :) are you planning to find out gender?

Mommy2apples
November 11th, 2017, 09:32 AM
I'm in conflict with it, I want to know so I can shop, but then I could care less what gender is really. I just want my healthy baby.

4blue2pink
November 11th, 2017, 09:56 AM
everything crossed for healthy for you :heart: not caring about gender is amazing and so freeing i think :) this pregnancy is the first time i haven't cared about it (thanks mainly to being team green) and im loving every second

Mommy2apples
November 11th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Thank you 4blue2pink! It does make it carefree just being able to enjoy your pregnancy doesn't it?

4blue2pink
November 11th, 2017, 10:01 AM
so carefree!! its honestly such a relief, i mean sure it may come back to bite me on the day who knows, but the entire pregnancy hasn't been consumed by gender and that in itself has been amazing :)

Mommy2apples
November 11th, 2017, 10:36 AM
I bet you won't even regret it 4blue2pink!

Skyblue
November 11th, 2017, 12:42 PM
4blue2pink - I am so surprised that you have been able to hide the pregnancy from the kids and have given them such a wonderful surprise. I can only imagine the level of excitement in your house. I can totally picture it being Christmas all over again and receiving the most amazing gift and then begging you to keep the baby. How precious. This just melts my heart. Can’t wait to hear their reaction this time. And I know what you mean about being relaxed for not finding out the gender. I did too until dh couldn’t hold any longer. [emoji12]
I honestly hate how everyone just narrows down the pregnancy to that what question, “You know if it’s a girl or a boy” makes me so mad. I have learnt my lesson to not ask this question? It’s a lot of pressure on mom to be especially when family has made it obvious that they are hoping for a particular gender. It will be a wonderful surprise for both you and Pbn. ❤️
Mommy2apples- Those numbers look great. So excited for your appointment. ❤️ Nausea and tender breasts are good and so comforting. Isn’t it?
Pbn - I love the names. We still don’t have a name for this baby. [emoji52]

Mommy2apples
November 11th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Sky definitely is comforting!! [emoji7] Thank you!!

4blue2pink
November 11th, 2017, 01:47 PM
im really hoping it will help not knowing ahead of time mommy2apples :)

sky its awful how gender seems to be the only thing anyone cares about isnt it, its like people are obsessed with what you are having and that only makes GD worse, at least for me other peoples comments about "ANOTHER boy" really made the whole thing so much harder to deal with. which is why we stopped announcing to anyone until after the baby was born to take the outside pressure off, it seems people generally wont make gender comments about a newborn (though sadly some still do :( )
im really excited for their reactions this time as well :) one of the mums at their swimming lesson recently had a baby who they are all obsessed with, its impossible to get them out of the changing room until they have all had their turn seeing the baby and seeing them with her makes me so excited to be able to surprise them again :heart:
how are you feeling? are you still over the moon to be having your boy i bet? i love seeing people have successful sways :D

Shannshaff
November 11th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Sorry I was MIA for so long. Been a long few days with the craziness in our house. I am doing ok, but def know we will not be having anymore kids. I am stretched so thin now. It has been a struggle with a newborn again to be honest. It will get easier I am sure. I will try to attach a photo. Still can't post pics sorry.

Pbn3
November 11th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Go easy on yourself Shann. Those first few weeks are always an adjustment then the bone tiredness settles in for another few months.... great to hear from you whenever you get the chance (or energy [emoji38]) to update. Big hugs and you're doing an amazing job!! My hats off to you and I can only imagine how thinly stretched you must be right now! Can your eldest kids help out more, even with general tidying up, putting washing on etc?

AshFind
November 12th, 2017, 10:18 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/df44e65ee05b6c8b89f0e5c6a5c758b8.heic
We got to walk around for a few miles last night in upper 20 degree weather with “bits” of leftover snow on the ground and it was so enjoyable. Here’s my baby bump 30w 5d

4blue2pink
November 12th, 2017, 10:21 AM
gorgeous pic Ash love the giant Christmas tree :) you look great such a cute bump how have you been feeling?

Mommy2apples
November 12th, 2017, 12:02 PM
You both look wonderful ash!

AshFind
November 12th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Thanks. Feeling pretty good. Lots of pressure lately she’s pretty low lying. But getting super nervous because it’s getting so close and I’m not ready [emoji51]

Bluebooties
November 12th, 2017, 01:31 PM
U look cute Ash, beautiful couple and just perfect setting for a picture

4blue2pink
November 12th, 2017, 02:14 PM
how many weeks will you be when they stop your shots Ash?

AshFind
November 12th, 2017, 02:24 PM
4blue2pink I’ll be 36w1d with my last one

4blue2pink
November 12th, 2017, 02:59 PM
you could have her by Christmas :heart: im so excited for these babies to start arriving!!

AshFind
November 12th, 2017, 03:10 PM
I’m sure hoping she holds off until New Years. That’s my goal [emoji4] your pretty close aren’t you? I need to go back to the first page.
Who delivers early?

4blue2pink
November 12th, 2017, 03:19 PM
ive got around 7 weeks left, ive had them all at either 39 or 40 weeks so im thinking very end of december/beginning of jan is going to be pretty accurate :) we may end up having them around the same time (if you dont go before!!)

AshFind
November 12th, 2017, 03:37 PM
How exciting! But scary lol 7 weeks and my baby room looks disastrous... I can not go before dh family lives a couple hours north of us and we’ve already booked our room Christmas night since we will be traveling to see them. I’ll be 2 hours from the hospital.

Pbn3
November 12th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Gorgeous pic Ash [emoji7]

AshFind
November 12th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Thank you pbn [emoji4]

4blue2pink
November 12th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Ash your brave travelling that far!! make sure you hold her in till after your Christmas trip!!

Bluebooties
November 12th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Mum of 4 and srg are at the top of the list unless of course u can beat them to it Ash [emoji4]

Wow its getting closer and closer by the day. I am all set though for baby to show up. Just need to buy a few wardrobe items and that can be last minute if need be. I have to book newborn pictures but for some reason am just not feeling excited enough to go ahead and make the call. MFM said if babies continues to be small they might make be go to the hosp 2 hours away to deliver "for better care" but i will have to say no as i cant afford to do that with husband working and 3 other kids to be looked after.

AshFind
November 12th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Blue was baby still small at your last scan?

Bluebooties
November 12th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Yes Ash. I might have a premie (based on weight not gestational age) on my hands so holding off on buying baby clothes until the final weight estimation on my last scheduled scan.

LMSM
November 12th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Happy Monday ladies!

4b2p – wow, how do you keep the growing belly from the kids? Don’t they notice? (my DD1 already tells me I have a big fat tummy haha) It must be quite an amazing surprise for them! :awe:
Sounds like you will be at peace with whichever gender. As you said, you have been able to be so serene about it, no doubt, especially because you do have several of each gender, you will be content either way though I know you would love another girl! Can’t wait for you to find out though ^^ there will be some major stalking on coming weeks with all you ladies so close to countdown in days :D
Re scan, I saw my GP on Friday and she did say she will give me a referral when I see her at 28 weeks for my anti-D injection, so I can have a scan at 34 w, phew ;) as for a homebirth, as much as am a rational mind, that was my dream but here in Queensland, it is not publicly funded – so forking out $5K for a midwife just isn’t possible. I just hope stars will align well so I can go to hospital and meet my midwife there at the 1st niggle – they say 3rd babies are the wild card s it could even be longer than the other 2 labours, who know! – if not, we will hope that a birth at home unassisted goes well… I will ask my midwife to “train” me up as much as possible, so I can train hubs & we can be prepared. I must admit the idea of just going into my own bed after birth and not worrying about back and forth between hospital and home sounds heavenly! Kids waking up to meet their new sibling must be so magical! :awe:

PBN - how special is the story for your girl name! love William too! Not long before you get to choose when you lock eyes with that new little human :awe:

Sky – we don’t have a name for her either :P do you have a few ideas at least for your little man?
I like Sophia – hubs likes Zoe – DD1 likes Sophia not Zoe, and DD2 likes Zoia (which turns out, actually is a name) lol
So many girl names out there – and I find it hard to choose when I was so set on a boy and I’m on girl #3 :P
I like Anna too, but that’s my mum’s name… so hubby is like NO. I do love Margaux (if I had had my way that would have been DD1’s name).
Like you, I hate the whole “what are you having, boy or girl?”, as if that was THE defining factor – so many times have I had “ oh you’re pregnant – it’s a boy right?” (like it HAD to be, and I failed by not producing one)– I just want to say “We are hoping for human but we won’t be too picky if it just is healthy” :P

Ash – what a cute bump – so miss the cold winters to get into the Xmas mood :D the smell of a real pine Xmas tree – here, it is nice, but not quite the same vibe haha
I’m sure you’ll manage to get the important stuff sorted before she arrives – the rest if not done, will fall into place…also, thought about you yesterday, we had a pic nic at a park with a big playground, and my DD1 played with a bigger girl – turns out she was called Esmae – a very sweet pretty girl – suited her well! ;)

Mommy – only a few days to see bub again!!! :D
The symptoms are reassuring – as uncomfortable as they can be, they sure are a good sign ;)

XX – Olivian is such a cutie pie!! Sounds like she is settling in so well and everyone is smitten beyond words :awe: Girls clothes are pretty adorable – you must be indulging in that department hehe (admittedly, as cute as they are, I am a bit over it – I wanted overalls and cute boys Tshirts, for a change lol)

Dancing – agree with what the ladies said, if it all makes you so nervous and sets you up for disappointment, you definitely would be better up finding out sooner rather than at birth – I know, like Max, it really helped me come to terms with it knowing early so I had time to get excited about the arrival of bub ..
And it may still be a boy, I have a feeling for you it is! ;)
There’s got to be a way to compromise – as much as Dh’s position is valid – he may not realise the tsunami of GD can be on top of post-partum “normal” feelings already…. Hope you guys can find that middle ground where you both feel right about it all :hugs:

Bluebooties – I think your 3 first weren’t big babies either anyways, were they? so maybe have you got a few gender neutral outfits that would do the trick for the 1st few days?
If bub really measures small at that last scan, buy a couple of small outfits for D-day and then shop afterwards – baby really won’t care about the actual color or outfit as long as she/he is warm and snug ;)

Hi to everybody else too – hope you’re well!!! Shann, hope Benjamin is well, and you too!!

21 weeks, and +6 kilos – yikes, for my previous pregnancies didn’t hit that weight gain until about week 26-28…guess I can expect to get biiig lol
Sooo my SIL’s scan is actually on Wednesday – I think having seen the 12-w nub that we can expect it to be another boy – ah well! I do, for her sake, hope it is a girl but I think it is unlikely. I guess I will be able to buy boy stuff for nephews again ;)
You remember me mentioning that I had a lump under my toe weeks ago? At first it was really painful – so saw the GP, went to do an ultrasound – and turns out that it’s a small foreign object – what, who knows but since it doesn’t bother me anymore (lump still there though), we’ll not excise it and just leave it be for now – but what on earth could it be?? Gosh sometimes I swear my body does the weirdest things lol
Picked up a pram the other day – bargain at $50 (it’s Mylo from Mamas and Papas, hope it’s good!) – will only use it little given bub will be carried and school is literally 2-minutes walk from our place – but I figured, it’d be good to have a bassinette that I could click onto the stroller for when she sleeps at pick up time so as not to wake her… it is second hand, and the main body of the bassinette is white, it’s not dirty but has a few marks – suggestions to clean it nicely and safely for bub (I don’t think I can remove the cover from the bassinette) ???
DD2 keeps saying when she sees it in the garage – ‘it’s for the baby in your tummy? Can I put my baby inside?’ (she drags a couple – at least – of babies around all the time, kisses them, rocks them - sooo cute, can’t wait to see her with her new sister! DD1 just wants to change her “all by herself” and feed her haha, she can’t keep her hands off my tummy, which is adorable too :D)
Anyhoo, hope all is well! Sorry for the novel :P

Bluebooties
November 12th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Yes LMSM my babies are not real big but the OB is sounding as if this one will be smaller than my other babies. Anyway yeah i plan on buying a few newborn and premie outfits with return receipt a few weeks in advance of my induction date and then buy more later. Won't be able to reuse a lot of DD3xs outfits as she was a summer baby and this baby will be born in the peak of our winter season.

LMSM
November 12th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Oh somehow I thought your girls were on the small side too ;)
I think your plan is good – bub won’t be naked anyways haha

Pbn3
November 12th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Lmsm show a pic of the pram [emoji3] I'll be pulling out my bassinet in a couple weeks to clean. I dilute some washing powder in water and use a soft brush like a dustpan brush to scrub it with then hose off and leave in the sun to dry. At least I think that's what I did last time [emoji848] I messaged that person on Gumtree but haven't heard back yet... hope to get a response this week fx fx fx!!

Pbn3
November 12th, 2017, 10:00 PM
Oh and meant to say how cute are your dd's with their baby sister on the way [emoji173][emoji173] kids can be just delightful in the best possible way [emoji7]

LMSM
November 12th, 2017, 11:44 PM
I don’t have a pic – it’s one like this though, just the base of the bassinette is an off white color instead ;)
There is a stand on which you can put either bassinette or seat for inside use too ^^
https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/262257104287_/Mamas-Papas-Mylo-Pram-Pushchair-Stylish-Pram-in-Perfect-Condition.jpg
It’s pretty big and heavy so definitely will not be a car-boot living one, but fine for strolls locally ^^

Oh yes, the kids are definitely melting their momma’s heart when they do/say these things – I can’t wait for them to meet their little sister..I was just saying to hubs yesterday, as they were playing so nicely together, how I hoped they would have a lovely, lasting bond as they grow up and into adulthood :awe:

LMSM
November 13th, 2017, 12:10 AM
PS; FX for the person on Gumtree responding soon – I’ll still keep my eyes open for you for similar ones if you want ^^ which area is local to you, so as to avoid postage if possible?
PPS: This is the Lenny Lamb RS I have – got it for $50 incl postage off Gumtree (totally a bargain) – it’s officially hubby’s (gave it to him when I announced this pregnancy ^^) – as he liked RSs – but I reckon I might use it when he is not around hehe – so pretty http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0332/5113/products/bengal-tiger-ring-sling_1024x1024.jpg?v=1463835350

Pbn3
November 13th, 2017, 01:04 AM
Oh wow! That's lovely! I'm in Queensland (Central Qld). I've posted an ad in our local mum & bub classifieds as well. Hoping to avoid too much in postage [emoji12] So yes please if you can keep an eye out!! Haven't heard back from the seller as yet but its only been a day....

LMSM
November 13th, 2017, 05:11 AM
I meant where in Qld? ;) I think you said your mum is in Bundy but not sure what is considered.local. To you?

Pbn3
November 13th, 2017, 05:13 AM
Will respond in facebook Lmsm [emoji3]

Bluebooties
November 13th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Oh somehow I thought your girls were on the small side too ;)
I think your plan is good – bub won’t be naked anyways hahaYes LMSM i typed wrong. My babies are around 6.5 pounds always but looks like this one is barely going to touch 6 pounds if the current weight trend continues

4blue2pink
November 13th, 2017, 09:07 AM
LMSM im glad they are giving you another scan, im certain that your placenta will be well out the way by then but its more for your own peace of mind isnt it :)
i think im just completely at peace with the fact that baby is what it is, oddly i think not knowing the gender has really helped me with that.
its winter here now and freezing!! so i can get away with big baggy jumpers :) kids haven't said anything so im assuming they haven't twigged!! very excited for them to meet their extra special Christmas present :heart:
5k for a homebirth would be un-doable for us too, im so so glad we get them for free, not having to travel home after is so nice, being at home it just becomes part of your day really :) 3rd ones are the wildcards arent they :D im not sure why? my 3rd was fast!!
i also find girls names much harder than boys, there is just too much choice :-/
i hope your toe stays not bothering you, how strange that its a foreign object!!

bluebooties are they going to be able to give you a clearer picture about whats going on with baby or do you have to wait until baby is born? i really hope that baby is just small, it must all be so worrying for you :heart:

Bluebooties
November 13th, 2017, 10:07 AM
LMSM im glad they are giving you another scan, im certain that your placenta will be well out the way by then but its more for your own peace of mind isnt it :)
i think im just completely at peace with the fact that baby is what it is, oddly i think not knowing the gender has really helped me with that.
its winter here now and freezing!! so i can get away with big baggy jumpers :) kids haven't said anything so im assuming they haven't twigged!! very excited for them to meet their extra special Christmas present [emoji813]
5k for a homebirth would be un-doable for us too, im so so glad we get them for free, not having to travel home after is so nice, being at home it just becomes part of your day really :) 3rd ones are the wildcards arent they :D im not sure why? my 3rd was fast!!
i also find girls names much harder than boys, there is just too much choice :-/
i hope your toe stays not bothering you, how strange that its a foreign object!!

bluebooties are they going to be able to give you a clearer picture about whats going on with baby or do you have to wait until baby is born? i really hope that baby is just small, it must all be so worrying for you [emoji813]At this stage I will probably have to wait till after birth. The concern is will the baby have developmental delay related to the smaller head circumference for gestational age or if its a normal variation. I and hubby don't have big head but i have never had concerns with any of my other baby's head measuring small b4 so it worries me.
To summarize: baby is over all small but the head is even smaller and behind for gestational age.

mommaxo3
November 13th, 2017, 11:09 AM
[B]4blue2pink - Thats so exciting to keep it a secret and surprise them with a baby! I'd never be able to hide my belly that long because my kids are older and my oldest remembers how big my belly got with my 2nd. They know baby's coming in February so they don't ask too many repetitive questions yet but they're almost 6 (birthday is in 3 weeks) and 10 (birthday is after new years) so they understand quite a bit. I also have the vomit creeping up my throat every time I bend forward, its terrible.

Shann-sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed. Can your older kids help out a bit more? I'm nervous to go back to the newborn stage after being out of the loop for so long.

Ash - what a cute picture!

Blue - I hope everything turns out ok for baby and it's just that it is small.

I've never heard of the 3rd being the wild card. Is this true for those of you who have more than 3? This is baby number 3 for me so I'm curious lol.

AshFind
November 13th, 2017, 12:25 PM
LMSM that’s so cute. It’s so crazy how different things are here.
Blue ice only had one baby above 6lbs. They’re so lovey and cuddly. ❤️ I sure pray everything turns out well for you. I completely understand concerns of delivering in a further hospital. The drive and figuring out work schedules and sitters is horrendous when you have multiples.
Well I think we’ve settled on a name/ spelling. If we decide to change it lol I’ll have a bit of seam ripping to do [emoji4]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171113/35f8c9d0d587cda56c3f39b87e242be4.heic

Pbn3
November 13th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Ash I absolutely love it [emoji7][emoji7] and I'm sooooo happy you stuck with Esme [emoji178]

Bluebooties I truly hope everything is fine with bub at birth. It's just awful for you to have this stress of the unknown during your pregnancy. You seem to be holding up so well and your strength is inspirational [emoji173]

Mommaxo3 those are great ages for your kids to be to go through the newborn stage again! My ds2 (3.5yrs) has become so clingy that I'm starting to worry how he'll react to baby getting so much of mummy.... initially I was excited as he loves babies (when we see other mums and bubs out and about) but in the last few months he's become increasingly a mummys boy. I'm hoping its just a stage he's going through and will be resolved by the birth..... either way I'm not going to stress on it overmuch because if its going to be an issue there'll be plenty of timw for stress when I'm actually going through it [emoji23][emoji23]

Bluebooties
November 13th, 2017, 11:31 PM
Omg Ash that is adorable ! I should have you make me one when u have a chance and i have settled on a name of course

mommaxo3
November 14th, 2017, 09:04 AM
PBN - I hope they're going to be excellent little helpers as I'm sure they will be. My youngest likes to lay her head on my side and rub my belly. But they are very patiently waiting for their new sister to arrive. My first 2 were 4 years apart and there was quite a bit of jealousy once the younger one got mobile.

Ash - how cute!

4blue2pink
November 14th, 2017, 09:24 AM
bluebooties i really hope everything is fine and baby arrives small and perfectly formed :) my DS2 was only 5lbs at 39 weeks, some babies are just little, im so sorry your going through all this worry its the last thing you need.

Ash i LOVE it :heart: can i just double check are you pronouncing it es-me or es-may? i remember you asking us how we would read this name a while ago but i cant remember which pronunciation you wanted to go with!! :)

mommaxo3 im sorry you've got the acid thing too its horrible isnt it :( ive had it with previous pregnancies and it always clears up once baby arrives so im glad to only have a few weeks left of it!! how many weeks are you now?

TtcBlue18
November 14th, 2017, 04:17 PM
I'm sorry to pop in with my own selfish needs again. I feel like I never have time to check in until I can't get the worry out of my head.

I was just wondering, has anyone been told their baby's nuchal fold was measuring too big? And if so, how did everything turn out?

I had my 20 week scan last week and received a call from my doctor yesterday saying my sweet Oliver has excessive skin on the nape of his neck. They are sending me to a specialist because this is a sign of down syndrome. I'm heartbroken and I don't know what to do. I know I will love him and keep him regardless. The mental and physical disabilities just mean extra care, and that I can handle. But I'm well aware of the abundance of health risks that come with down syndrome, and the fact that we are not financially capable of giving him what he needs in terms of medical and future educational resources, if he does in fact have down syndrome.
I'm so scared, and I feel so guilty. I really do feel like I played with mother nature and caused this to happen. I know scientifically they say that's not possible, but I can't help but feel that way when my girls are 100% healthy, then I discover swaying, get my so desired gender, and it turns out that he has a distinctive characteristic of down syndrome.
I'm trying not to worry just yet, and see if they find any other symptoms at my level 2 ultrasound, but every hour thinking about this feels like forever.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Pbn3
November 14th, 2017, 04:32 PM
Ttcblue I'm so sorry to hear this and big hugs xxoo I have seen numerous times these abnormal measurements turn out to be nothing at all, my own dh's cousin went through a terrible scare with her ds (t18 - Edwards syndrome) all her earlier scans/results indicated it was very likely ad she had to wait until she reached a certain gestation then travel to a city to go a specialist diagnostic scanning place which in turn gave her the all clear. There was also someone on here not so long ago that measured a larger than considered normal nuchal fold who went on to get the all clear as well. I really hope for a similar outcome for you xxoo Hang in there, you're doing amazing. When do you go in for further testing? Also for some reason I thought you had NIPT testing done??? Can you confirm? If you did and nothing was indicated on those results then I'd be pretty optimistic.

TtcBlue18
November 14th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Ttcblue I'm so sorry to hear this and big hugs xxoo I have seen numerous times these abnormal measurements turn out to be nothing at all, my own dh's cousin went through a terrible scare with her ds (t18 - Edwards syndrome) all her earlier scans/results indicated it was very likely ad she had to wait until she reached a certain gestation then travel to a city to go a specialist diagnostic scanning place which in turn gave her the all clear. There was also someone on here not so long ago that measured a larger than considered normal nuchal fold who went on to get the all clear as well. I really hope for a similar outcome for you xxoo Hang in there, you're doing amazing. When do you go in for further testing? Also for some reason I thought you had NIPT testing done??? Can you confirm? If you did and nothing was indicated on those results then I'd be pretty optimistic.

Sent from my SM-G900I using TapatalkNo pbn, I was offered testing for down syndrome and other abnormalities at 12 weeks and I declined, as I have with all my kids. I don't feel like it's necessary to take additional risks just to know when you can't change it anyhow. I thought it was something that happened with higher maternal age and/or family history. I never imagined I would hear this. The doctor said everything else appears normal from the 20 week scan (his head is a little larger than normal as well) but they aren't capable of saying there are no other symptoms/issues without additional testing. I'm waiting on them to call me to tell me when my appointment is for the level 2. They were supposed to call me yesterday or today, but they have not yet and their office is now closed. I'll be calling them in the morning. They mentioned taking a sample of the cord, or the amniotic fluid when I go in. I agreed to the level 2 ultrasound and blood work (from me, not baby) and I declined all other tests.

Bluebooties
November 14th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Ttcblue i am in a predicament near to urs and yes i am holding on to the hope that the ultrasound is off and all is healthy. I have seen sonogram's and imagining studies be a little off a lot of times and the baby turning out fine. But that being said i did go ahead with amniocentesis just to prepare myself of what was coming

TtcBlue18
November 14th, 2017, 05:34 PM
What exactly did they see on your ultrasounds? My baby's weight and head don't really concern me because both my girls were large and their heads have measured "too big" since birth (but never on ultrasound) but what I'm most concerned about is the excessive skin. From what I've read it's the most identifiable characteristic of children with downs. I pray both our babies are healthy and safe.

TtcBlue18
November 14th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Oh and I am by no means judging you for amnio. I must say I'm very tempted because if my baby is going to have health issues that require intervention at birth, I would like to know and be ready. But I feel like the heart defects should be seen on ultrasound, and I can't bring myself to do the amnio knowing it carries risks of its own (I just always expect the worst). [emoji17][emoji17]

Pbn3
November 14th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Ttcblue NIPT in non invasive (simple blood test that separates bubs genetic material from mums for testing of abnormalities) but I'm pretty sure its only done between 9-12 weeks gestational age. Maybe double check if this is an option. I'm not sure I'd consent to amnio testing either...

LMSM
November 14th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Ash – what a cute blanket – Esme will be so nice and snug in there! ;)

4b2p – true, winter and jumpers must help – I can’t imagine how they will be surprised and excited when baby arrives – taaa-daaaaa! ^^
I kinda hope that by next baby, if we have another, Queensland will fund homebirths publicly – surely, it would be safer and less costly than having an emergency birth at home, and then getting people back to hospital after etc…
At least this time, I have my own allocated middie, so though of course I “share” her with others and she may not be on call on D-Day, I can build that rapport etc – I have her number, and can call her anytime, even if I need to visit the emergency for any issue, she will meet me there… a bit better than the “any middie available on the day will see you either for appointments or for the birth” ;) I wouldn’t plan for an unassisted homebirth and aim for it – but we will still prep in case that has to be the situation on D-day – and see what #3 throws at us (how fast were your 1st/2nd births vs your 3rd?)…though from what I have seen, if you have history of precip births, then they usually tend to go faster and faster (and come to think of it, my mum had precip births too – bar my youngest brother, she was induced due to issues, still went fast though). Exciting but scary all at once!
Oh yes, the extra scan will give me that extra peace of mind – they may also estimate how much of a chubba she is haha

Bluebooties – you seem so calm about it all, I am in awe – baby hopefully just is smaller without there being an issue : after all, you have had lots of tests that have been reassuring so we will keep the good vibes coming for you and bub! :hugs:

Mommax03 – I will tell you in March whether it turns out to be true about the wild card – but you’ll have had your girl by then haha
It’s not a fast set rule, but it does seem to have some truth to it ;)
Am sure you will manage just fine, you will have two keen helpers with a newborn, that actually will be helpful ;)

PBN – my DD2 is super clingy/needy too – wants me for everything, all the time, not anyone else – she’s fine at daycare but once at home, I WANT MY MUMMY (if DH takes her to bed), I’ll cry for you if you go (as I put her to bed), I’m coming with you (when I offered for her to cuddle daddy while I go to the bathroom)… LOL
I guess the littlest ones feel the change coming but don’t really know what it implies ;) my eldest is seeking attention by doing the wrong things, just as tiring…

TTC – won’t repeat what I said on the other thread – just :hugs:
Like PBN said, the NIPT is not invasive and pretty accurate (I think it is possible to do it later tough PBN?) – actually, as much as CVS – so if the u/s isn’t conclusive and they want to do further testing after that, maybe suggest that to them over an amnio?
I would be reluctant too but definitely would want to prepare myself for what lay ahead.

DD1 told me she had a nightmare last night – that ‘the babies were dead’ – which babies? Hers when she is an adult she said... I hope it is not a bad omen for either her new sister or for her future, silly as it may sound… it gave me chills all over :(

Pbn3
November 14th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Lmsm that is just plain frightening [emoji33] I'll come back later as just going into work. I got the ring sling!!! Should receive by friday!

AshFind
November 14th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Gahhh I’ve not been getting notifications... I’ll catch up in a bit but here’s a peak at the first thing finished in the nursery! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171114/4c34cf3334829d729af548e3b22f925e.jpg

Bluebooties
November 14th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Well there is no option but to be calm. Worrying won't change the out come only silent humble prayers can so that's what i am doing. What's destined for me shall be.

TtcBlue18
November 14th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Ttcblue NIPT in non invasive (simple blood test that separates bubs genetic material from mums for testing of abnormalities) but I'm pretty sure its only done between 9-12 weeks gestational age. Maybe double check if this is an option. I'm not sure I'd consent to amnio testing either...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk My ob briefly described that to me and said its something I could do rather than the amnio, but I'm confused because reading online it does say NIPT is not accurate after 12 weeks.
However, I was also told by my ob that the NT (neck fold) testing is supposed to be done between 11 and 14 weeks and since I declined the testing I was offered at 12 weeks, they threw it in for precautionary reasons at my 20 week scan. I don't understand.

Bluebooties
November 14th, 2017, 06:22 PM
Ttcblue i had declined quad screening and did not get a NT scan offered either so when we first saw the baby at 22 weeks we saw 3 things that could point to genetic syndromes including down or congenital viral infection ( i had traveled to a zika area). We saw fluid around heart' an echogenic cardic focus and enlarged ventricles in an otherwise small by gestational age head. At 22 weeks NIPT is out and it would not have given me any idea about viral infections. An amnio looks at all possible genetic and viral syndromes so that was my only way to know what was wrong with baby accounting for the findings and what to expect after birth.

I normally always say no to tests as i am young and no family history but keep in mind sporadic cases do happen unfortunately.

LMSM
November 14th, 2017, 06:43 PM
Oh I thought they could do the NIPT later than the 1st trimester for some reason – my bad! ;)
One step at the time – first the lvl 2 u/s, then see what next – Fx all is ok though – sounds like the measurement is just borderline, not in the extremes either and you say your bubs have bgger than average heds (and boys tend to have them bigger moreso anyways). :hugs:

Blue – I know that being clam is the only way about it, really – it won’t change the outcome by panicking, but my hat off to you, anyhow ;)

PBN – spooky, yes… maybe it’s just her little head putting fears for her sister into words/images - in a cathartic way?! I must admit that I don’t like it though, considering how in tune she is :(
Yippee for the RS – which one did you get in the end, the Huga bub or the Maya? :D

Ash, gorgeous nursery, Esme is spoilt already hehe

TtcBlue18
November 14th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Ttcblue i had declined quad screening and did not get a NT scan offered either so when we first saw the baby at 22 weeks we saw 3 things that could point to genetic syndromes including down or congenital viral infection ( i had traveled to a zika area). We saw fluid around heart' an echogenic cardic focus and enlarged ventricles in an otherwise small by gestational age head. At 22 weeks NIPT is out and it would not have given me any idea about viral infections. An amnio looks at all possible genetic and viral syndromes so that was my only way to know what was wrong with baby accounting for the findings and what to expect after birth.

I normally always say no to tests as i am young and no family history but keep in mind sporadic cases do happen unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk That is so frightening. I'm breaking down multiple times a day wondering how I would be able to care for a baby with D'S, and I only have 1 marker. I can't imagine having 3. But I have heard of babies measuring a smaller gestational age and ended up not being quite as far as originally suspected. I've also heard of babies that just didn't grow as quickly as they should have and ended up being born smaller than average with no complications. Is it possible it could be one of those 2? I'm so sorry you're going through this. I think I would be getting amnio as well. When do you have it scheduled for? And what does it mean if there's fluid around the heart? I've heard of fluid in the brain, but not the heart. How serious is it? Sending huge hugs and lots of prayers for baby.

Bluebooties
November 14th, 2017, 06:59 PM
I guess I want to know what to expect for the future. How developmentally delayed will my baby be. Can he or she go to normal daycares and school and so on. But no one can tell me that i guess to any certainty. I just have to patiently wait and hope for the best.
With a normal amnio i have a very strong hope baby will be normal

Bluebooties
November 14th, 2017, 07:04 PM
That is so frightening. I'm breaking down multiple times a day wondering how I would be able to care for a baby with D'S, and I only have 1 marker. I can't imagine having 3. But I have heard of babies measuring a smaller gestational age and ended up not being quite as far as originally suspected. I've also heard of babies that just didn't grow as quickly as they should have and ended up being born smaller than average with no complications. Is it possible it could be one of those 2? I'm so sorry you're going through this. I think I would be getting amnio as well. When do you have it scheduled for? And what does it mean if there's fluid around the heart? I've heard of fluid in the brain, but not the heart. How serious is it? Sending huge hugs and lots of prayers for baby.

Sent from my SM-T377V using TapatalkYes with a normal amnio i now have hope that baby is going to be ok.

I had it done right after so at around 23 weeks. Results cam in 5 to 7 days.

Fluid around the heart could be lots of things, beginning of hydrops fetalis, heart failure, fetal anemia, heart lining or muscle infection or genetic syndromes like down.

I would like to say i am getting monthly ultrasounds now and the fluid around the heart did resolve on its own and the brain ventricles did not increase any further. However the baby is still small and the head is even small in proportion to the body as far i am told.
My oldest is petite but proportionately so the head being smaller than body part worries me

TtcBlue18
November 14th, 2017, 07:06 PM
I guess I want to know what to expect for the future. How developmentally delayed will my baby be. Can he or she go to normal daycares and school and so on. But no one can tell me that i guess to any certainty. I just have to patiently wait and hope for the best.
With a normal amnio i have a very strong hope baby will be normal

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkI agree, I hope more than anything else that your amnio comes back negative. I completely understand your concerns and I'm here for you. I'll be watching for your update of your results. [emoji173]

AshFind
November 14th, 2017, 07:47 PM
4blue2pink were pronouncing it Esmay but went with the traditional spelling esmè and will just correct people.
Ttcblue ive never had an issue but I hope all turns out well. Did you have an nipt? Now that i read further I see you didn’t. Hope you hear back soon with an appointment. Sorry for the stress.
LMSM my first was my fastest at 8hr the rest were much longer. I’m afraid this one is going to fall out lol and we reserved a hotel room for Christmas night... dr told me today not to go butttttt...... I probably will
Pbn my ds3 is clingy and he still is even though not the baby but he always seemed to do fine with baby and I think he will this time he’s just super lovey and cuddly

Bluebooties
November 14th, 2017, 08:10 PM
I agree, I hope more than anything else that your amnio comes back negative. I completely understand your concerns and I'm here for you. I'll be watching for your update of your results. [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-T377V using TapatalkMy amnio results r back and all is normal

LMSM
November 14th, 2017, 09:00 PM
That’s how I would pronounce Esmé too - hehe
Oh 8 hours for a 1st is not bad – but longer, yikes, hopefully this one comes not too fast, not too slow – and definitely not “falling out” either ;) cheeky little trip away at Xmas – far from home?
My first was 5hours all in, second 1.5hrs all in – hence my concern of time halving again lol but I do have an irritable uterus, so basically am in what feels like early labour 75% of the pregnancy, thankfully without my cervix being affected until Go time, so once it’s time, my body lets go super fast – like running a marathon in 10 minutes :P I actually wouldn’t mind #3 to be a bit slower than #2, because it is intense as! ^^

AshFind
November 14th, 2017, 09:03 PM
LMSM we will be 2 hours from the hospital. [emoji53] I also have irritable uterus I still have bh allllll the time even with my shots. But my shots don’t wear out of my system until the day after Christmas so I should be ok i think. But dh isn’t willing to get on the road to the hospital if anything happens he wants to just go to a nearby which scares me m. I’ve delivered all 4 my boys at the same hospital and i don’t want change

LMSM
November 14th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Understandable that it would concern you – do you have a check-up just before Xmas, so you know where you are at? That may give you reassurance to go away anyways or maybe decided to stay put…
Having said that, you have had long labours, even with an irritable uterus (oh how I can sympathise, BH are painful too with such a uterus :( ) , even and pre-term deliveries (so little bubs) – so though it’s possible, it’s less likely you’d be going into a super fast labour without time to make it to hospital, I would think?

TtcBlue18
November 14th, 2017, 10:55 PM
My amnio results r back and all is normal

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk Oh sorry I must have misunderstood. I thought you were still waiting on them. That's great!! So the stuff they thought they saw on ultrasound doesn't mean anything? I'm not doubting or trying to worry you, just asking if this is correct because that's absolutely fantastic and makes me feel so much better. [emoji1]

Bluebooties
November 15th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Oh sorry I must have misunderstood. I thought you were still waiting on them. That's great!! So the stuff they thought they saw on ultrasound doesn't mean anything? I'm not doubting or trying to worry you, just asking if this is correct because that's absolutely fantastic and makes me feel so much better. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-T377V using TapatalkThe findings are still there so there are 2 possibilities baby is normal but small or slighty microcephalic SGA without any congenital reasons for it. Now only birth and milestones after can tell. So am patiently waiting

4blue2pink
November 15th, 2017, 08:43 AM
LMSM my first was about 12 hours once it got going, he was back to back and i had 3 days of on-off early labour before, my second was 4 hours start to finish with no early labour at all, i woke up waters went and contractions started straight away, 4 hours later he was out, number 3 again no early labour it started and 2 hours later he was born, #3 was by far my most intense and painful labour (sorry to say that but i may as well be honest!!) i have had quicker labours since but they were nowhere near as intense!! i think its very sensible to prepare for a unassisted home birth just in case :)

Ttcblue thinking of you and Oliver :heart: and really really hoping this measurement turns out to be nothing, i really feel that the odds are still in favour of him not having DS so lets focus on the positives (measurement taken late, its under 6mm, only flagged due to your hospitals policy of anything over 5mm etc etc) and wait for this next scan, whatever happens this is not your fault in any way xx

bluebooties so glad they have been able to rule out so many conditions, a friend of mine lost 2 babies to hydrops fetalis it is such an evil condition :( i have everything crossed that baby is just little :heart:

Ash i did think it was Es-may but wanted to double check!! gorgeous name :heart: and i love her nursery set up, fingers crossed you've no need for the hospital over xmas especially if dh wants to go to a different one, i completely understand you only wanting to deliver at your hospital and not anywhere else.

mommaxo3
November 15th, 2017, 09:40 AM
4blue2pink - I didn't have this reflux in any other pregnancy so its new for me. And I have about 12 weeks left lol.

Ttcblue - I hope everything turns out well for you!

LMSM - march would be a bit too late to answer my question as I'm due early February haha. I also had a nightmare 2 or 3 nights ago that I went for an appointment and my baby had passed and my next one was a miscarriage. I've been so paranoid about it lately. I wish I had an u/s machine! Although I do have a Doppler at home. We had 2 late term stillbirths in my family so it's not uncommon (none were mine other than my miscarriage but that was early). My only issue is I don't have time to use the Doppler in the morning so I just wait for movement when I get to work.

4blue2pink
November 15th, 2017, 02:43 PM
mommaxo3 its rough isnt it :( i had such a bad night with it last night, even sat bolt upright in bed it was still burning right up into my mouth, hoping for a better nights sleep tonight!!

TtcBlue18
November 15th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Blue: i guess that's all that you can do now, so I completely understand the worry. That's a great sign that all came back normal, I bet baby is just a tiny fellow. All the same, i will keep you and baby in my thoughts and prayers.

4blue & mommax: thank you both. My appointment is Friday morning at 7:30, so only 2 days away. I must say I'm somehow excited just to see his sweet little face again, even though I'm so scared at the same time.

Bluebooties
November 15th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Ttcblue that being said i have heard of many being told of increased neck fold thickness but without any other markers i have yet to see anyone get a positive DS with that alone. I will pray for you and hope u hear good news on level 2 USG

LMSM
November 15th, 2017, 09:22 PM
4b2p – ouch that reflux is not fun! It started here as soon as the all-day sickness subsided – the things our bodies do, eh? And yet, we still keep wanting kids somehow ^^
Assume you have some anti-acid already? Hope you manage to get some rest – your days would be so full on with your tribe ;)
Ok – so definitely think I can assume #3 (unless she positions herself in a way that may slow things down), will likely be faster even than #2 lol appreciate the honesty – I did feel somewhat stunned after DD2, as if I hadn’t had a chance to really realise I was in labour lol but actually, DD1 was more painful – maybe because I was scared and hence tense it all being new…
Will surround and educate myself as much as possible on unassisted birth – better safe than sorry!

Mommaxo3 – nightmares are terrible :( I think we all worry, especially if we have experienced loss ourselves or others close to us - and as much as it may not be constantly on the top of our minds, until we have a healthy bub in our arms, our brains don’t allow us to believe 100% they are ok ;) Like you, I worry if she goes quiet for too long – but I think between work and 2 young kids, I tend to just not have time, like you, to notice it as much – and I read that they can sleep between 20 to 23 hours a day, so the activity we feel, sometimes is just them settling (kicking that cushy placenta a bit ^^) in a more comfy sleeping position – and gosh does the kid hick-up lots already, atleast reassures her momma haha
I will see all you ladies expecting your 3rds before me, and see if there is a trend on that ‘3rd = wild card thing’ lol there are a few before you, so maybe you can determine that too hehe
Have your thirst and other symptoms passed hon?

Mommy2apples – you have your f/u scan soon don’t you? Can’t wait to hear!!!

Ttcblue – not long to go, which is good, you should get some reassurance soon so you don’t delve on all the possibilities – though it does sound they are being overly cautious (which is good in a way), nothing more – FX!

Kat, Sky, Iwant4, Max, Srg, and others – where are you??? :D

srg09cag11
November 15th, 2017, 10:22 PM
I’m lurking. Lol. FREAKING OUT about my December 1 c-section date.

AshFind
November 15th, 2017, 10:27 PM
Soooo close srg! How exciting

LMSM
November 15th, 2017, 11:32 PM
Woohoo SRG – 2 weeks to go, so exciting!!! have you got what you need ready for bubs? :D

TtcBlue18
November 16th, 2017, 01:09 AM
Thank you blue & lmsm. It does make me feel much better after hearing what everyone else thinks, and especially hearing that the inconsistencies I noticed are validated rather than just my ignorance on the subject. I'm honestly convinced that the doctor is making nothing into something, but that little voice in the back of my head keeps reminding me that it's still a possibility or they wouldn't be sending me there. I also wonder if the ultrasound is enough to confirm one way or the other.
Anyway, here are some pictures of my bub now that I'm able to post them (tapatalk was not letting me before, but now I got it to log me in through Google again).
I thought the one of him peeing was funny!

4blue2pink
November 16th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Ttcblue i cant believe he's peeing!! how funny!! ive never seen that on a scan before :D im so glad they are getting you in for that scan tomorrow, i agree this really does seem like something being made of nothing and my fingers are crossed for you :heart:

srg your so so close :D im so excited for these babies to start arriving!! i hope your c-section goes well and is a really positive experience for you :heart:

LMSM im not on any medication for the acid i really try not to take anything except iron tablets during pregnancy, last night was so much better thank god!! i have known a few people where #1 and #2 were quick but #3 was much longer so i think in general 3rd babies just tend to break the pattern a bit :)

TtcBlue18
November 16th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Thanks 4blue. And I know, I never realized that could even show up on an ultrasound! But it was great because I was questioning the accuracy of a gender scan at 14 weeks and right as I asked if it could be the cord he started peeing.

4blue2pink
November 16th, 2017, 10:10 AM
typical boy!! :D

mommaxo3
November 16th, 2017, 10:26 AM
4blue2pink - mine is mainly when I bend forward. My problem at night is I can't breathe.

LMSM - no I'm still drinking well over 90 oz of fluid a day and still thirsty. My glucose screening is Monday so hopefully that can either ease my mind or give me an answer as to why I feel like I have dust in my throat all day. And I'll let you know if the 3rd is the wild card lol. But hopefully it's not that baby will be too far overdue though.

SRG - That's so exciting, you're almost there! We're about the have a baby boom in here haha.

TTCBlue - That's so funny, he's peeing! I've never heard of that showing up on the u/s before.

AshFind
November 16th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Ttc omg that’s sooo funny!! I’ve never seen a peeing u/s before [emoji23]

Bluebooties
November 16th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Ooo i am finally starting to get excited about this baby.
Got a great early black friday deal on newborn photo session at my favourite photographer place and I saw the cutest crochet outfits for baby

Bluebooties
November 16th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Ok ladies I need advice. Its my first snow cold winter baby. I know snowsuit aren't allowed so what should i dress baby in ? So far i am planning to get a fleece or velour sleeper, hat, cover baby with blanket then place a jolly jumper artic carseat cover on top.
Will that be enough ? Should i look for a puffer jacket for a newborn ? Or sweater ?

Pbn3
November 16th, 2017, 03:09 PM
How exciting Srg!!!! So close [emoji50][emoji3]

Ttcblue that's an awesome pic [emoji23][emoji23] You'll have to save that one for an 18th or 21st bday party slideslow [emoji23]

Bluebooties I've seen snow only once in my life at the other end of Australia so I'm of zero help but post a pic of what you end up getting [emoji3]

Ash your nursery is looking beautiful [emoji7][emoji7]

Hope everyone else is well xxoo

Mommy2apples
November 16th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Due Date July 6th, but they are keeping it July 4th! Heartbeat 135!! Thank you lord Jesus!! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171116/b06f7f76021ddf9357eb7d1c0958c189.jpg

Mommy2apples
November 16th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Congrats ttc!! So excited for you!!

kat1234
November 16th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Checking in! Sitting at OB waiting on my glucose test. Hope I pass since next weeks Thanksgiving!
Momma3-I’m having terrible heartburn too. Have started taking Zantac and it helps but feel a tad guilty having to take it. OB said it’s perfectly fine though.
Srg- that is crazy, but I’m slightly jealous. This pregnancy is getting harder as time goes on.
Mommy2 -Yay, so excited for you!
Blue- so are you waiting til birth now to find out boy or girl?

LMSM
November 16th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Mommy - so beautiful - :awe: so excited for you!!! July babies rock! ^^

4b2p - I can understand you are reluctant to take medication whilst pregnant, I’m the same – but sounds like it’s terrible reflux you have there – I know one natural remedy I took with my first is slippery elm bark powder I think it was? It didn’t taste great, but it did help somewhat… Zantax or Gaviscon are fine too, you wouldn’t be gulping litres of it, just enough to get you more comfy esp at night ;)

Mommaxo3 – hope it gets better, and that the tests results are all good!

Kat – good luck for your glucose test!
I should be doing mine just before Xmas, and I will probs do it a bit early to make sur I don’t have too much food in the system prior lol

So heard from my SIL – and it definitely is a 2nd boy she is expecting - so both my SILs will have two each – it doesn’t sting as much as I thought it would – which is probably good, but I do feel terribly envious nevertheless….
I’m at the stage where I am super excited to meet this little lady – and at the same time, can’t help but “plan” ahead for a potential #4, for it to definitely finally be our boy. How bad is that, eh? We may never even have a 4th…!
I think about what I could do to sway – even pre-sway in pregnancy or just after she is born…about GS and IVF o/s even though I know that will likely never happen unless we win the lotto.
Also, totally unrelated – when did you get your kids out of nappies at night? My youngest has been toilet trained during the day for the best part of 2 weeks now – and the last couple of mornings has woken with a dry nappy – I’m too chicken to try without a nappy at night (M was day trained at 22 months but not fully night trained until almost 3.5 y.o!), but don’t want to hinder it – will ask her if she wants to get rid of said nappy after maybe another few consecutive nights of no wet nappy – what do you think?
She ran to the loo 15 minutes after waking up for a wee – so she definitely is good at picking up her body’s cues… lol

Mommy2apples
November 16th, 2017, 06:24 PM
Thank you Kat! Hope your gd test goes good! I'm so happy!! Can't thank the lord enough!

Thank you lmsm!! I'm so happy!! That was the most beautiful sound and thing I've seen and heard in a long time!! [emoji8]
I was the same planning for our fifth even while pregnant with braxt!

Mommy2apples
November 16th, 2017, 06:24 PM
I wish braxt would potty train! He's not even interested!

LMSM
November 16th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Mommy – haha, boys do tend to potty train later anyways – if he could be out of nappies before new bub comes that’d be easier for you, but that gives you ample time still then– it’s warmer here, which makes it easier too, less clothing to remove when the urge is there haha
Oh yes, the sound of a strong HB is the absolute best – I can’t say how happy I am for you, truly! ^^ I hope our other lovely ladies who are waiting for that rainbow bub get their sticky BFP very very soon too!
I feel almost embarrassed about it – but considering putting up a post on the topic of pre-swaying whislt pregnant or in the PP period etc – so that if we do decide for #4, I am ready to go pretty quickly… I don’t know if being thinking about a sway when I am expecting is fair to this baby though…like I she isn’t worth my current attention, not important enough, not enough, full stop..IYKWIM?

Oh and Laurelw – it’s been ages - how is your little girl?? Did the scans show reassuring news ? keep us posted please!!

Mommy2apples
November 16th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Yea, Kolton was almost 3, before he trained, but once he trained he was fully trained! Hopefully braxt will be the same as he will be 38 months when baby comes! Maybe he will be interested in summer months!

I do too I'm praying for them!

It's alright to feel like that and she will know how much she is loved when she's here you just feel like your family isn't complete yet, just like I did!

AshFind
November 16th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Blue my first winter baby also. But I’m planning the winter car seat cover along with warm blankets. For home I’ve always swaddled and had to keep my babies warm since they’re so small and unable to keep body temp up well on heir own. So swaddled and used a thick warm blanket on top always with a hat.

Bluebooties
November 16th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Checking in! Sitting at OB waiting on my glucose test. Hope I pass since next weeks Thanksgiving!
Momma3-I’m having terrible heartburn too. Have started taking Zantac and it helps but feel a tad guilty having to take it. OB said it’s perfectly fine though.
Srg- that is crazy, but I’m slightly jealous. This pregnancy is getting harder as time goes on.
Mommy2 -Yay, so excited for you!
Blue- so are you waiting til birth now to find out boy or girl?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYes kat. I am feeling very relaxed not having to carry the gender burden plus i can't at this point worry about ppl's snarky comments. I am already stressed as is about baby's health and it amazes me that ppl still can't see past gender.
Also i figured i waited thus far might as well wait 2 more monthd

AshFind
November 16th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Ok so ladies I got my first jab for having a big family tonight. From my neighbor (whom I’m not fond of anyway) they’re loud unfiltered type people .... luckily they’re about a quarter of a mile away and we don’t have a direct shot at them or else it’d be much worse but her kids are horrible they’re in sports with ours and just can tell the parents curse and carry on in front of them. Ok so the boy walks up to my husband tonight and says “my mom says you have like 9kids is that true?” [emoji19] she knows how many we have.... I’m 99.9% sure she’s jealous because she just had her theirs boy a few days ago and we’re getting our girl but still I have had to have 5 children to get to a girl(not that that was my main goal anyways) I’m just annoyed

Pbn3
November 16th, 2017, 10:52 PM
Hope the glucose test went well Kat!!!

I feel for you ladies suffering from reflux. Mine comes and goes I think depending on where baby is positioned. I threw up in my mouth out of the blue while sitting in the recliner a few nights ago and eating a biscuit or something. I'd not long finished a glass of chocolate milk and all of a sudden my mouth filled with stomach fluid while I was munching away. Was sooooo gross. Maybe I should've kept that story to myself, its abit ewwwwww!!!!

I've been meaning to mention and keep forgetting that I've had a symptom this pregnancy that I didn't experience with the others.... I keep getting tongue ulcers and its driving me nuts!!!! I feel like I always have one or two on the go and maybe the rare day there is none. It's either hormonal or I'm lacking in something like b-12 etc etc I've been vegetarian since week 9 of this pregnancy so maybe that explains the reason why it happened this peegnancy and not the others? I drink alot of chocolate milk and have cheese on almost a daily basis so I feel covered for my daily dairy serve..... anyone else having this?

mommaxo3
November 17th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Bluebootes- When I had my youngest they wouldn't let me put the jumper things on my daughter just a light sweater, hat and blanket (it was December and cold that year). I also wasn't allowed to use the car seat cover that goes under the baby. Like this ... https://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-Original-Bundleme-Graphite/dp/B003KN27C8/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1510928966&sr=1-4&keywords=jj%2Bcole%2Bcar%2Bseat%2Bcover&dpID=41%252BDHGhzvFL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

Mommy - Yay! Heartbeat is strong!

Kat - I've been taking tums here and there and it helps some. Did you get your results? I have my test Monday and didn't even think about Thanksgiving being days away.

LMSM - My sister has one of each too. The only thing that bugs me is how much everyone swoons over little Zachary (who isn't so little anymore at 10 years old and he's a little jerk because he getting away with more). I just don't see the appeal I guess lol. And I let mine wear training pants until they went 2 weeks dry in them, I know it's extreme but I was nervous.

PBN - Thats how mine is, the reflux. It just randomly hits. Some good days some bad. But thanks for your story, I needed that this morning haha.

Mommy2apples
November 17th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Thanks mommaxo3 I'm so excited and thankful to the lord for telling me to just place it in his hands! Best thing I ever did!

Bluebooties
November 17th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Hope the glucose test went well Kat!!!

I feel for you ladies suffering from reflux. Mine comes and goes I think depending on where baby is positioned. I threw up in my mouth out of the blue while sitting in the recliner a few nights ago and eating a biscuit or something. I'd not long finished a glass of chocolate milk and all of a sudden my mouth filled with stomach fluid while I was munching away. Was sooooo gross. Maybe I should've kept that story to myself, its abit ewwwwww!!!!

I've been meaning to mention and keep forgetting that I've had a symptom this pregnancy that I didn't experience with the others.... I keep getting tongue ulcers and its driving me nuts!!!! I feel like I always have one or two on the go and maybe the rare day there is none. It's either hormonal or I'm lacking in something like b-12 etc etc I've been vegetarian since week 9 of this pregnancy so maybe that explains the reason why it happened this peegnancy and not the others? I drink alot of chocolate milk and have cheese on almost a daily basis so I feel covered for my daily dairy serve..... anyone else having this?

Sent from my SM-G900I using TapatalkAre they small painful kind ? From what u say i am assuming aphthous ulcers.
They can be from plain stress as of pregnancy or increased acidity in mouth from reflux (silent or overt reflux). I get these a lot and usually around illnesses menstrual cycles or just emotional stress. Use oralgel dental paste for relief if needed.

Bluebooties
November 17th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Bluebootes- When I had my youngest they wouldn't let me put the jumper things on my daughter just a light sweater, hat and blanket (it was December and cold that year). I also wasn't allowed to use the car seat cover that goes under the baby. Like this ... https://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-Original-Bundleme-Graphite/dp/B003KN27C8/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1510928966&sr=1-4&keywords=jj%2Bcole%2Bcar%2Bseat%2Bcover&dpID=41%252BDHGhzvFL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

Mommy - Yay! Heartbeat is strong!

Kat - I've been taking tums here and there and it helps some. Did you get your results? I have my test Monday and didn't even think about Thanksgiving being days away.

LMSM - My sister has one of each too. The only thing that bugs me is how much everyone swoons over little Zachary (who isn't so little anymore at 10 years old and he's a little jerk because he getting away with more). I just don't see the appeal I guess lol. And I let mine wear training pants until they went 2 weeks dry in them, I know it's extreme but I was nervous.

PBN - Thats how mine is, the reflux. It just randomly hits. Some good days some bad. But thanks for your story, I needed that this morning haha.Ok thanks. I am now planning on a warm footie, sweater, hat and blanket. I have the jolly jumper arctic seat cover that stays around baby so that's for the heads up on that

Bluebooties
November 17th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Its depressing ! Yesterday a coworker ( who works night shifts so only sees me at change of shifts bit still ) was amazed to find out I am expecting !! Like seriously ppl i am 30 weeks pregnant !! Didnt he notice my tummy. Granted its small but still did he just think i was fat !! I am tired of having to tell ppl "hello i am pregnant"

TtcBlue18
November 17th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Aww blue, I would take that as a compliment! Everybody asks me "When's that baby coming" and you should see their faces when I say "end of March or beginning of April" lol.

UPDATE: During his ultrasound today they found dilation of the kidney. So he had one hard marker and now one soft marker as well. However they did say that the dilation is such a common thing in boys that if he didn't already have a hard marker, the dilation alone wouldn't be enough to even question DS. Everything else looked okay, but the doctor is going to look over the ultrasounds more thoroughly and they are going to call me with results at the same time my blood test results come back. They told me the blood test that was done is specifically for 2nd trimester screening and is 99% accurate. I'm expecting them by the end of the month.

Bluebooties
November 17th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Ttcblue I hope all turns out negative for you too and these r just "findings" and baby is otherwise all ok.

LMSM
November 17th, 2017, 11:54 PM
Ttcblue, sounds like they weren’t being alarmist so that is good. FX the results come back soon (so is it just like Nipt ?) and clear of issues! ;)

TtcBlue18
November 18th, 2017, 12:15 AM
I don't know if it is technically the NIPT or if its a different one, she says there are different blood tests depending on what trimester you're in. She showed me a box and said something about CVS? I didn't really ask questions because I was feeling a little light headed and 99% accurate was all I needed to hear lol. She just took blood from my arm, I signed the papers and she sent it out.
I am a little concerned after reading through the papers they sent home with me. I didn't realize he had a total of 3 markers. They are saying the nuchal fold is a high marker, and the kidney dilation and large head measurement are both soft markers. I was under the impressing the large head was not a symptom of DS.