PDA

View Full Version : What about MS...

MAMAof4Pinks
November 2nd, 2011, 12:16 AM
I was wondering I know MS helps with getting more embryos of the desired sex you want... but I was wondering can it or does it damage the sperm?? Why is it not allowed in the US for gender selection??:think:

nuthinbutpink
November 2nd, 2011, 09:52 AM
There is some debate in the forums about that. It did not get approval in the US due to moral reasons not medical from what I have read. It is still available for patients with genetic issues so hopefully, if there was a real problem it would be out in the open by now. MS has been around for a long time.

The only thing I have seen is there are never several embryos available that are the right gender AND healthy. You still have only 1-2 embryos available of the correct gender come ET time. I would think there would be more than that when you don't have to worry about the gender split issue.

It did seem to help people ensure a transfer.

MAMAof4Pinks
November 2nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
I cant believe they would let people do PGD for Gender Slection, but not MS (maybe they dont want to sperm to get dizzy) LOL!!

Especially if it limits the number of unwated embryos (because of the wrong gender)
know what I mean.

MAMAof4Pinks
November 2nd, 2011, 01:34 PM
Nuthinbut... are you done having babies??

nuthinbutpink
November 2nd, 2011, 01:36 PM
Nuthinbut... are you done having babies??

YES