PDA

View Full Version : AF late... not pregnant... why?

Cinss
November 2nd, 2011, 04:51 PM
My cycle is always 33-34 days long and AF is 8 days. My last AF started on the 23rd of September and was a no show on the 25th of October so i am now 9 days late. I started taking EPO, Flaxseed oil, Vit D and L-arg in October, would any of this cause me to lengthen my cycle? I stopped taking the L-arg because of this, but still no AF. Also i have done 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative. Because i have been charting my O, we have had unprotected sex, but nowhere near O, usually just a couple of days before AF is due. Its annoying now because everything was like clockwork before this happened, now i will probably only have 1 cycle to chart before ttc in December.

TTC5
November 2nd, 2011, 04:59 PM
L'arg and epo can muck up your cycles yep!

nuthinbutpink
November 2nd, 2011, 05:01 PM
I would say EPO is causing that. If you google it, lots of people have this happen.

CapricornAquarius
November 2nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
Yes certain supps can cause changes to your af and o
Hope it all gets back on track for you real quick

love being a mummy
November 2nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
I've heard alot of bad things about EPO and L-arg, messing up cycles making them longer.
Maybe stop the EPO and see if that helps.

Cinss
November 2nd, 2011, 09:14 PM
Thanks guys

Cinss
November 4th, 2011, 06:12 PM
AF came last night... never thought i'd be actually happy to get it, but i am and now i can prepare for TTC after the next one. Only problem now is O will now be on or around 25th of December... hmmm

nuthinbutpink
November 4th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Christmas BD! How perfect is that!! Good luck!

DoulaMama
November 5th, 2011, 12:02 AM

I agree!!! Totally awesome Christmas gift!

TTC5
November 5th, 2011, 12:10 AM
My hubby was conceived on xmas ;)

love being a mummy
November 5th, 2011, 05:40 AM

I agree

atomic sagebrush
November 5th, 2011, 11:32 AM
My cycle is always 33-34 days long and AF is 8 days. My last AF started on the 23rd of September and was a no show on the 25th of October so i am now 9 days late. I started taking EPO, Flaxseed oil, Vit D and L-arg in October, would any of this cause me to lengthen my cycle? I stopped taking the L-arg because of this, but still no AF. Also i have done 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative. Because i have been charting my O, we have had unprotected sex, but nowhere near O, usually just a couple of days before AF is due. Its annoying now because everything was like clockwork before this happened, now i will probably only have 1 cycle to chart before ttc in December.

How certain are you of your O date?? The usual reason why one would have a late AF is because you ovulated late. The other usual reason is because of a chemical pg - was your AF normal or was it shorter/longer lighter/heavier than normal?? Usually one would have a BFP, but sometimes not. Can you post a chart??

To echo everyone's answers, people are finding that flaxseed and l-arg are really screwing up their cycles. Some have also said EPO made their cycles different too altho overall I have seen l-arg to be the worst offender, then the flax, with EPO a distant third. For now I am recommending a combo of EPO and fish oil for the blue swayers because it seems to work the most reliably with the least amount of messing up of the cycle.

Cinss
November 6th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks Atomic, my cycles were so predictable and constantly the same before i started taking any of the supps. I think i will still drop the l-arg from my sway but keep EPO and add in fish oil.

TTC5
November 6th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Good Luck!!

LolaInLove
November 7th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Yea, I dropped flaxseed oil and just take EPO and fish oil now. I'm not doing much other than taking a good prenatal and green supplements and also Fertilaid for Women, but that all really sways blue. My cycle got really long or short with various other boy supps during the past 1.5 years of swaying, so you have to watch and kind of do a trial and error thing (this is if you have the time to plan).