PDA

View Full Version : 2 Q's PLEASE

MAMAof4Pinks
November 2nd, 2011, 11:11 PM
Ok so first...

Do you do any kind of Microsort or something to raise the chances of ending up with embryos of the desired sex, before you do PGD?

Second...

What are the choices to do with the unused embryos? I know freezing, but what else?

Thank you so very much!!

nuthinbutpink
November 3rd, 2011, 06:49 AM
I wouldn't bother trying to do anything at all trying to affect gender. I would get DH on a fertility supplement NOW because his swimmers will need all the help they can get.

Donating to science(if anyone is accepting embryos for research), freezing, discarding, donating them to another couple.

Manhattan
December 29th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Compassionate transfer

Dr. Potter
January 25th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Ok so first...

Do you do any kind of Microsort or something to raise the chances of ending up with embryos of the desired sex, before you do PGD?

Second...

What are the choices to do with the unused embryos? I know freezing, but what else?

Thank you so very much!!We currently do not use any sperm separation techniques because MicroSort is the only thing that actually works and it is no longer available. If you have left over embryos, you may freeze and keep them for later use, donate them to research or donate them to another couple.