PDA

View Full Version : FET cyclers, please look!

patience4purple
January 11th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hi, ladies,
How much Lupron you took/taking during your FET cycle and for how many days approximately? Also, what meds were you taking and for how long? I think I'm going to opt for the medicated cycle since there is monitoring and predictability, the "natural" does not make me feel secure. Thank you!

nuthinbutpink
January 11th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Gosh, HopingandPraying can probably answer with specifics but I was on lupron a long time before my FET. My clinic wanted to know exactly when I ovulated the month prior so they had me use OPK to detect that and then 7 days after, I started lupron and I believe I was on it for 23 days before transfer. Not sure how much...stayed the same the whole time because unlike a fresh, they don't let off because they want to totally suppress you.

Hopingandpraying
January 12th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I chose to do BCPs before because a) my periods are super heavy and BCPs help, and b) it bumped my transfer up a couple of weeks and I am so freaking ready for a transfer lol. I started Lupron (10 units) on the 1st and stopped BCPs on the 6th. I started my period a couple days off the BCPs, and my RE told me I could come in any time after that for my suppression check. Because of my DH's works schedule I wanted a Friday transfer, so I will start estrace this Sunday, and drop the Lupron to 5 units. I don't have the exact schedule infront of me, but the estrace dose goes up several times before transfer. I will be on estrace for exactly 20 days (they were really adamant about that for some reason) before transfer, and the last 5 days before transfer I will also be on PIO. From what I've gathered, the Lupron pretty much shuts everything down to the point where it doesn't really matter when you start the other stuff. You just have to start it in the luteal phase. I know of an IG member who was on it for 40 days and got pregnant, so it can vary a lot. HTH!

Lillylolly
January 28th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I am just getting my head around my planned FET but I think I will be on Lupron for around 30 days.

erika
February 5th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Has anyone brought embies back to australia from overseas? Also one person said dont bother freezing one embey even if great quality only do it if you have two or more. Opinions Please

Hopingandpraying
February 5th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I haven't imported embies before, so i don't know about that. I would totally freeze a good quality embryo though, it only takes one!

erika
February 10th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I haven't imported embies before, so i don't know about that. I would totally freeze a good quality embryo though, it only takes one!

thanks the councellor said to freeze one but the embreoligist said dont bother! I will freeze one if I get any spares!

Hopingandpraying
February 12th, 2011, 08:46 AM
thanks the councellor said to freeze one but the embreoligist said dont bother! I will freeze one if I get any spares!

Honestly, that would make me a little bit uneasy. You talked to the embryologist and he/she told you that he/she wouldn't bother freezing even a good quality embryo if there was only one? That would be kind of a red flag for me, because lots of clinics have good success with SET/FETs.

PlanB
February 13th, 2011, 03:49 AM
Honestly, that would make me a little bit uneasy. You talked to the embryologist and he/she told you that he/she wouldn't bother freezing even a good quality embryo if there was only one? That would be kind of a red flag for me, because lots of clinics have good success with SET/FETs.

No need to wave any red flags!! I froze one embryo at that very same clinic, it was recommended by the doc that I did. But I fell pregnant from the first embie so didn't need it anyway. Erika - what embryologist? It does seem a strange thing to say when they have no power over what's done with it. Are there counsellors at superior art now?

Sorry patience4purple to jump on your thread.

nuthinbutpink
February 13th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Has anyone brought embies back to australia from overseas? Also one person said dont bother freezing one embey even if great quality only do it if you have two or more. Opinions Please

There is nothing wrong with freezing a single embryo. I assume he is trying to say your chances with a FET are lower with only one embryo but it only takes one. Definitely freeze.

Hopingandpraying
February 13th, 2011, 05:56 PM
There is nothing wrong with freezing a single embryo. I assume he is trying to say your chances with a FET are lower with only one embryo but it only takes one. Definitely freeze.

Yeah I would definitely clarify with them. I forgot that you were cycling so far from home, maybe he was saying it wouldn't be worth it to freeze and ship all that way? Either way, I would make your wishes known, and I agree with NBP that it's definitely worth it!

TWINSplz!
February 23rd, 2011, 10:39 AM
Good luck...How's everything going? My ER is tomorrow. PM me!

TWINSplz!
February 28th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Patience...what's the update??? How was your FET?