PDA

View Full Version : Spotting before period is due to start... Confused

JP15
December 6th, 2017, 05:34 AM
Hi Ladies,

Is is usual to have brown discharge when checking CM before your period?

I am getting confused as to whether this is just normal or not!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

atomic sagebrush
December 6th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Why are you checking your CM before your period?

Yes, it is normal

JP15
December 7th, 2017, 04:03 AM
Why are you checking your CM before your period?

Yes, it is normal

Hi Atomic,

I started to check my CM for ovulation reasons a while back and have just kept doing it... I usually check in between periods.
Is this something I shouldn't be doing?

Thanks

atomic sagebrush
December 7th, 2017, 02:19 PM
My concern is that if you are possibly pregnant, you need to not be reaching up there for any reason. Even with scrupulously clean hands you run the risk of introducing microorganisms to the area that can cause infections and infections in the uterus can cause a pregnancy to end. It's also risky because the cervix is soft and easily irritated during pregnancy and since there is no benefit to it, it is simply a good precaution.

I'm not the hugest fan of checking CM habitually anyway for a variety of reasons (which I can go over if you'd like me to) but be sure if you are at any point of your cycle where you could be pregnant, don't be checking.

JP15
December 10th, 2017, 10:03 AM
My concern is that if you are possibly pregnant, you need to not be reaching up there for any reason. Even with scrupulously clean hands you run the risk of introducing microorganisms to the area that can cause infections and infections in the uterus can cause a pregnancy to end. It's also risky because the cervix is soft and easily irritated during pregnancy and since there is no benefit to it, it is simply a good precaution.

I'm not the hugest fan of checking CM habitually anyway for a variety of reasons (which I can go over if you'd like me to) but be sure if you are at any point of your cycle where you could be pregnant, don't be checking.

Thank you for your advice! It seams obvious now you've said

atomic sagebrush
December 10th, 2017, 12:14 PM
You're very welcome!