PDA

View Full Version : glitter girl's 21 week scan--any guesses?

Glittergirl
November 4th, 2011, 12:33 AM
What do you all think? I went in for 21 week can and I copied a potty shot from my video....I asked tech not to tell us, but I always love to see what all you girls think! I'm thankful baby looked very healthy...I was scared going in!!!

thanks for your guesses!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVW5fk_uEKM

TTC5
November 4th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Girl!!!!!!!!

Glittergirl
November 4th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Girl!!!!!!!!
OMG are you serious! You don't know how much hope that gives me. So you didn't see any bump or scrotum? I thought it looked kinda bulgy... but I am no good at u/s guesses!

TTC5
November 4th, 2011, 01:09 AM
No I didn't but I will go through it again if you like! There was one shot where I saw the 3 lines ;)
Plus, I have seen 4 of my own and this is just how they looked!!

DoulaMama
November 4th, 2011, 02:03 AM
:DD:!!!!!! I think that the bulge you saw was cord:) it would be right behind the labia when scanning. I totally saw girl parts, 3 lines, labia...GIRL GIRL GIRL! my penis shots of DS1 were OBVIOUS!!! Oh I'm seriously peeing my pants I'm so thrilled for you!!! xoxo

Glittergirl
November 4th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Ohhh thanks DM! And you are having a girl too from what I have been reading on here right???? Yay...I hope we both get our girls!!!!!

TTC5
November 4th, 2011, 02:18 AM
I'm sooo excited for you two!!!! :D

DoulaMama
November 4th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Me too, Glitter! Me too!!! I'll know for sure in 19 days! I can't wait to hear what the other girls have to say about your u/s :D I'll be checking this thread in the morning, first thing! G'night!!

Glittergirl
November 4th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Good night Doula....so does that mean you will find out? I remember you wanting to wait right? I bet you have your girl in there!!!! I just know it!

DoulaMama
November 4th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Thank you TTC5!! I'm excited for you to get your new little(BLUE) bundle next year!!! Buckets o' Blue to you~~~

DoulaMama
November 4th, 2011, 02:34 AM
GG- I'm secretly finding out...shhh! ;) no one knows except you guys and 2 very close friends. Hubby would be crushed if he knew. I just can't wait. I need to know so I don't have bad feelings at my birth if it's a boy. xoxo night!

TTC5
November 4th, 2011, 03:49 AM
Thank you TTC5!! I'm excited for you to get your new little(BLUE) bundle next year!!! Buckets o' Blue to you~~~

Thankyou so much!!!!!

TTC5
November 4th, 2011, 03:50 AM
GG- I'm secretly finding out...shhh! ;) no one knows except you guys and 2 very close friends. Hubby would be crushed if he knew. I just can't wait. I need to know so I don't have bad feelings at my birth if it's a boy. xoxo night!

I think your safe to buy pink hehe ;)

love being a mummy
November 4th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I think girl

nuthinbutpink
November 4th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Well, since you asked, it's not going to be much of a surprise! That's all girl. Congratulations. Enjoy her.

TTC5
November 4th, 2011, 07:05 AM
=D

Mochagirl
November 4th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Wow - I'm horrible at interpreting u/s, but if all these knowledgeable ladies say girl, I bet you're getting your girl. Soooooo excited for you!!!

Flava
November 4th, 2011, 11:09 AM
it is a :DD:!!

purplepoet20
November 4th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I saw nothing but girly parts :) Congrats!

DoulaMama
November 4th, 2011, 11:46 AM
OMG! I love all these GIRL guesses! And they are not even really guesses...This baby IS a GIRL! Go buy something PINK! XOXOXO

DoulaMama
November 4th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I think your safe to buy pink hehe ;)

:bigsmile: I think I just might;)

zanacal
November 4th, 2011, 12:44 PM
The video was too fast for my inexperienced eye, though I thought I saw flashes of 3 lines - and these other ladies know what they're talking about! Yay - a girl, congratulations!!

Glittergirl
November 4th, 2011, 03:00 PM

Yes here's all my blue dust TTC5!!!!

Glittergirl
November 4th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Thank You all for guessing!!!! Thanks NBP! i know I said I wanted to be surprised, but secretly I want to know :)

TTC5
November 4th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Yes here's all my blue dust TTC5!!!!

Thankyou I will gladly take it all ;)

skrimpy
November 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
that def looks girly to me :)

nuthinbutpink
November 4th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Thank You all for guessing!!!! Thanks NBP! i know I said I wanted to be surprised, but secretly I want to know :)

So happy for you. Organic gender success is the best!

princesssarah34
November 4th, 2011, 11:26 PM
After seeing 4 boy u/s........that my dear does not look like a boy!!:bigsmile:

fresas
November 5th, 2011, 12:40 AM
I see girl especially at 0:15! Wow, so, so exciting!

Doula, I think you are smart to find out so you can prepare either way. :)

Foxy
November 5th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Congratulations on your baby girl!

Glittergirl
November 5th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Ok you all have me convinced that it is a girl! thank you!!!! I may not tell DH and ask my doc what it is at next exam since they did document the gender...Shhhhh.....if it's a girl....I wanna just stop this obsessing and just enjoy the rest of my 4 months! So seriously....you wont hurt my feelings :) .....any boy guesses????

Glittergirl
November 5th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Congratulations on your baby girl!

Wow Foxy...just saw that you're an U/S student.... and you think girl too???? No chance for boy????

zanacal
November 5th, 2011, 05:57 PM
They wrote the gender down? Definitely get it confirmed as it seems so likely - then shop for 4 months :D

charlieispy
November 5th, 2011, 07:03 PM
no willy in sight i vote girl :D

Glittergirl
November 5th, 2011, 07:19 PM
They wrote the gender down? Definitely get it confirmed as it seems so likely - then shop for 4 months :D
I think she did. At the time we were sure we wanted to be surprised. She turned the monitor off, then said she would take a peek because she had to make sure everything was fine--but she said it would still record on my dvd. So I know that portion I put online was the gender shot. I'm guessing the gender will be in the report my doc will get.

TTC5
November 5th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Most def a girl ;)

TWINSplz!
November 5th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I'm voting girl also!!!!

Myloves
November 5th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Girl!

Glittergirl
November 6th, 2011, 12:48 AM
so it's safe to stop obsessing like a crazy woman! I'll be sure to post if I get an answer when I see my doc or I may just schedule an u/s by myself. DH will think I'm nuts since I was the one who wanted to be surprised at the u/s :rofl:. He still can't believe I posted it online to see what everyone thinks. He's like "then why did you just not ask the tech when we were there if you wanna know so badly?" :shrug: I don't have an answer for that!!!!

TTC5
November 6th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Coz you still don't feel like you really know unless a tech tells you :P

DoulaMama
November 6th, 2011, 01:12 AM
I REALLY think that you have a girl in there!!!! I would def. ask your Dr.
Stop the obsessing and just start to shop!!!! I'm REALLY hoping that in 18 days I'll be able to join in on the PINK shopping!!!! I confess...I have bought some fabric :bigsmile: I'm a fabric whore and my hubby knows I love girly fabric for myself...so no way to let anything be known with some fabric therapy! :rofl:

Glittergirl
November 6th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Coz you still don't feel like you really know unless a tech tells you :P

You are SO right! I thought I would be content with a picture or video that I can show everyone...and well....now I doubt. I thought I would "know" without "knowing" and still call it a surprise....I would not be lying when family and friends ask what we are having and I could honestly say, we did not find out. Well....this didn't work for me because now that I see the white lines and hamburger shape and get all the girl guesses I'm afraid I will be happy only to be let down during delivery! Maybe I should have never done that!

DoulaMama
November 6th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Yup.....once you get a few nub pics it's just downhill from there with the obsessing! I NEED to know now or it will be worse than never finding out in the first place! I think you should def. find out from your Dr. I KNOW you'll hear "GIRL" and then you can stop at the nearest kiddie boutiques and buy something special!!!!! Woohooooo!!!! :HH:

Glittergirl
November 6th, 2011, 01:23 AM
I REALLY think that you have a girl in there!!!! I would def. ask your Dr.
Stop the obsessing and just start to shop!!!! I'm REALLY hoping that in 18 days I'll be able to join in on the PINK shopping!!!! I confess...I have bought some fabric :bigsmile: I'm a fabric whore and my hubby knows I love girly fabric for myself...so no way to let anything be known with some fabric therapy! :rofl:
I know--I need to stop this nonsense! Good for you for finding out! I am gonna ask my doc or get another u/s secretly. I need to just get over it! I have played my video a million times looking for a turtle shot. Oh well I guess I can enjoy this obsession for now--after all, I plan this to be my last, I better just sit back and enjoy the obsessing!

I think it's awesome that you can sew....wish I could. I'm gonna make some decorative pillows out of burlap rice sacks I have. Saw them for tons at pottery barn and thought "I could make that!" so I'll let ya know how it goes. I do not sew so this will be interesting. You gotta post some pics of the pretty dresses you are gonna sew!

DoulaMama
November 6th, 2011, 01:52 AM
I'm self taught! You can totally learn how to do clothes etc. Start simple...straight lines...like receiving blankets, cloth wipes, etc....move on to bibs, simple pj pants...and then before you know it you can make twirl skirts, dresses, dolls, quilts, hats, diaper bags, you name it!!! It's SOOO much fun! I have a page on FB that has some of my crafty stuff...although it's not all sewing...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150342026025276.580746.876750275&type=1&l=09f98a423e
I've only made girly things for other people and now I'm just itching to make a quilt, a dress, some dolls, play clothes for my own girlie....AAAHHH! So excited!

zanacal
November 6th, 2011, 03:08 AM
DM - I would totally buy a mei tei carrier, changing bag and quilt from you - they're gorgeous!!

DoulaMama
November 6th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Thank you Z!!! That's so sweet of you to say! If you seriously wanted any of the things you listed... Just ask!! I love sewing and quilting and would LOVE to make you something! xoxo

Glittergirl
November 6th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I'm self taught! You can totally learn how to do clothes etc. Start simple...straight lines...like receiving blankets, cloth wipes, etc....move on to bibs, simple pj pants...and then before you know it you can make twirl skirts, dresses, dolls, quilts, hats, diaper bags, you name it!!! It's SOOO much fun! I have a page on FB that has some of my crafty stuff...although it's not all sewing...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150342026025276.580746.876750275&type=1&l=09f98a423e
I've only made girly things for other people and now I'm just itching to make a quilt, a dress, some dolls, play clothes for my own girlie....AAAHHH! So excited!

Wow I love all your creations!!! They are beautiful...I can see why you love making these, they come out perfectly! I would love to learn how to make a rag doll or a quilt. I know nothing about how to use a sewing machine though. I guess I can start small like you said and try to make some bibs or something.

DoulaMama
November 6th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Thank you GG! Trust me... I've had some mega flops too!! It takes a few years to be really comfortable with a sewing machine but you can buy a how-to book and totally teach yourself. I use a Kenmore Machine(under 300 new) from Sears. It's easy to use and works really well. Everbody's got to start somewhere! Plus...in 10 years you can quilt beside your daughter:HH:

Glittergirl
November 6th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Thank you GG! Trust me... I've had some mega flops too!! It takes a few years to be really comfortable with a sewing machine but you can buy a how-to book and totally teach yourself. I use a Kenmore Machine(under 300 new) from Sears. It's easy to use and works really well. Everbody's got to start somewhere! Plus...in 10 years you can quilt beside your daughter:HH:

Aww you're so sweet...that made me teary-eyed...hope it is a daughter!

DoulaMama
November 6th, 2011, 03:17 PM
:D I just took another ultra slow look at your u/s video... If this isn't a girl...I'll send you $100!! I am so sure that you have a :DD:!!!! xoxo

zanacal
November 6th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Really DM? When I find out the gender of this baby I will most definitely hold you to that! I might even attempt to make a quilt of my own :D

DoulaMama
November 6th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Really DM? When I find out the gender of this baby I will most definitely hold you to that! I might even attempt to make a quilt of my own :D

Absolutely!! I have bookmarked the most incredible sites for quilt patterns etc if you ever need some inspiration etc:). If you wanted a changing bag or Mei Tai you'd let me know what fabric you like and I can order and do a custom piece for you. Or for a quilt...just let me know pattern style and colours...as you can tell from the stuff I've made I'm not a pastel lover....I like pretty bold colours, so as long as you're ok with that I could just go with what looks good to me. Or you could choose a line of fabric and I'd make from that.... EEK! So excited for you to find out!!! Strip quilts, like the multi colour one in my creations album are awesome for beginners:) I think you'd be hooked!!!
(Sorry to hijack your thread GG!!!)

princesssarah34
November 6th, 2011, 04:44 PM
DM........you are so talented!!! I abosolutely love the Snowman rag quilt!! Love Love it!!

Glittergirl
November 6th, 2011, 06:24 PM
:D I just took another ultra slow look at your u/s video... If this isn't a girl...I'll send you $100!! I am so sure that you have a :DD:!!!! xoxo

Wow! you're that sure huh?? Awesome, hope you don't have to pay me then LOL! So i went to Joanne to look at quilting stuff, knitting, stuff etc. Made my head spin. Like I said I'm not that good at crafty things BUT it did inspire me to maybe give it a try. so I just might try to make some simple things. For now, I bought some items so I can begin making my burlap decorative pillows. I'll let ya know how that goes! You should totally start an online business--I would LOVE to buy something from you!!!!

Glittergirl
November 6th, 2011, 06:25 PM
(Sorry to hijack your thread GG!!!)
Ha Ha Hijack away..this is fun!