PDA

View Full Version : Figured I'd do an intro :)

skrimpy
January 11th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Hi ladies, I have been lurking :p every day while still putting up with monkeys on IG... But I decided to de-lurk today because the thread on does calcium/dairy really sway girl caught my attention :)

Anyways, same username over on IG. I've got four kiddos and I'm currently pg with #5. Dealing with some pretty rough GD right now, though the most maddening thing is the roller coaster - one day feel totally fine, the next, really horrible. This pg was not planned as we'd planned to TTC next spring (when babe is due), but we have always wanted a large family. We will probably sway next time and I am trusting I will fall in love with this babe when it's time to meet :LotsofLove:

nuthinbutpink
January 11th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Welcome! The swaying stuff is a bit different over here. We like to look at research and figure stuff out that way! Take a look at the other data and any info you could share would be great! Atomic has been really helpful and I think we have a lot of great data points so far. I feel like we have only scratched the surface though!

My Fabulous Children
January 11th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Welcome.

skrimpy
January 12th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Thank you for the welcome, ladies!

nuthinbutpink, I would be glad to contribute any way I could - especially if it helps us make better sways. I know in a couple of years I'm going to want the best sway I can get :)

nuthinbutpink
January 12th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Thank you for the welcome, ladies!

nuthinbutpink, I would be glad to contribute any way I could - especially if it helps us make better sways. I know in a couple of years I'm going to want the best sway I can get :)

Anything that you know/find that has some amount of science(preferably on humans;)) to back it up, feel free to post about it in the swaying forums. There are some great posts in there and it is all very interesting to learn about. I am glad you de-lurked!!

atomic sagebrush
January 12th, 2011, 10:53 AM
HI skrimpy! Post away!! We are hoping to create the best body of science-based swaying info on the Net! I agree with NBP, we've only just scratched the surface of all this, and most researchers won't touch gender ratio with a 10 foot pole because it's considered politically incorrect. It's up to us to put this all together.

skrimpy
January 12th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I'm excited hah... I have approx. 2 years to obsess before we TTC again (want this LO on the way to get plenty of nursing and baby time). It's really nice to post on a forum where things aren't falling apart!

It's too bad the gender thing is so politically incorrect... I think it could benefit a lot of families and especially women who struggle with GD. I also think in the end, gender would be balanced despite what they say... I sure do see plenty of "I sure wish for pink" or "I wished for all girls." At least in first world countries I think genders would stay pretty balanced, most people want their perfect pigeon pairs!

nuthinbutpink
January 12th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Put a sticky up for you, Skrimpy in the Organic section.

skrimpy
January 12th, 2011, 07:27 PM
aww thanks!! I will feature Gender Dreaming in my weekly newsletter's links section this week =D

nuthinbutpink
January 12th, 2011, 08:52 PM
aww thanks!! I will feature Gender Dreaming in my weekly newsletter's links section this week =D

Lillylolly
January 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM
Good to see you here!!!