PDA

View Full Version : No hearbeat.

Demeter
November 4th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Today was my first appointment for my surprise bfp. I was supposed to be 7w5d, but have had no symptoms beyond a positive pregnancy test. Unfortunately, there was no heartbeat on the ultrasound and my sac measured 6.5 weeks, the yolk sac 6.5 mm (too big) and the baby measured only at 5.5 weeks. I am very disappointed and was hoping the lack of sickness and other symptoms were due to it being a boy, but I did wonder. I am just waiting to fully miscarry naturally in the next two weeks and hope I won't need a d&c.

Sad.

nuthinbutpink
November 4th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I am so sorry.

rainbowflower
November 4th, 2011, 03:11 PM
so sorry for your loss :( it's awful to find out at a scan like that

in case you have no symptoms next time around, don't worry... it doesn't necessarily mean things are wrong. You'd still have had hcg in your body just your body wasn't reacting to it in the same way, which is normal and not a bad omen of any sort.

indigoviolet
November 4th, 2011, 03:24 PM
So sorry to hear that news :(
Sending big hugs your way:HH:

LolaInLove
November 4th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Oh, Demeter, I am so so sorry. I had the same thing happen in April/May and also had no symptoms, which made me feel like maybe it was a boy also. If you need to chat or vent, please pm me. I can say that I had 2 nights of painful labor with it. I was almost 10 weeks when I expelled it all, and was 8wks exactly at my appt. I can tell you that I wished I had some painkillers for those nights, so if you are ok with taking some meds, I would go ahead and call in for some. I am SO sorry, it is just heartbreaking. I still get a tad upset about it. Give yourself some time to grieve and lay low and take good care of yourself and love on your girls. XXOO

TTC5
November 4th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Oh I am so sorry :(

Hope to see you around the boy threads again xxx

Cinss
November 4th, 2011, 06:07 PM
The exact same thing happened to me the 1st time i fell pregnant. I know how devestating that news is, i cried and cried. I also wanted to let nature take its course and naturally miscarried. The doctor told me there was nothing i could have done and it was most likely a genetic abnormality :( Definatly take something for the pain, im so sorry that this happened to you.

Hobbermittens
November 4th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I'm so sorry . :(

love being a mummy
November 4th, 2011, 11:33 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP angel baby.
Is there anyway you can find out if it's a boy or girl? Do you want to know?

Inglewood
November 5th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I am so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you. x

Flava
November 5th, 2011, 10:17 AM
http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/461/461556nh6byec4kn.jpg (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Foxy
November 5th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(

Demeter
November 6th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Thank you all for your sympathy, I really appreciate it. Lola, I am finding it takes quite a bit of psychological stamina to wait for the natural progress of the miscarriage. Every time I go to the restroom or feel twinges, I hope that there will be some blood. The wait is difficult, but I'm trusting that my body will do the right thing. I am not planning to test this baby since it isn't recurrent. I had a miscarriage about 13 years ago. I had been bleeding for a few days, went in for an ultrasound and saw the h/b at around 6w4days and miscarried the same day. But, I have had 3 successful pregnancies since then. If I have another miscarriage, I will definitely ask for testing. But, I truly hope it won't come to that.

CapricornAquarius
November 7th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Demeter, Im so so sorry for the sad news :hug2:

LolaInLove
November 8th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Demeter, there is no reason to think it would ever happen again. I did the same, no genetic testing. It will take you some time to grieve it all, but time will heal and hopefully you will be pregnant again in no time and have a nice little baby in your arms 9 months later. Feel free to vent or pm me if you need. XOXO

Out of the Blue
November 9th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Oh, Demeter...I just saw this. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I had a loss recently and only just now have been able to make it over to the Preg Loss boards b/c it hurts so much. I just got the pathology report back for our girl and it told us NOTHING...only that she was 100% perfect but didn't make it. I just wanted to let you know that I'm sending you TONS and TONS of XXXXXXX and good thoughts for you. :HH:

lindi
November 9th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I have experienced waiting for a miscarriage and its rough. My thoughts are with you. (((bighug)))