PDA

View Full Version : Should I have this procedure before my attempt?

HopeandDreamG
November 4th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Just met with my gastroenterologist for my regular check up. It is time for a colonscopy (I have crohns). I told him I was going to try to concieve this month (Should O week of Nov. 21st). I could wait till after I give birth, but I am wondering if doing the procedure might help sway PINK. I would have to be put under with propofol (anesthetic) and to prepare for the procedure I would need to take 10 oz. of citrate of magnesia, 238 grams of miralax mixed with crystal light, and 4 dulcolax laxatives. The entire day before you cannot eat.
I know anesthetic sways pink but what about the stuff I have to take to prepare. I can do the procedure next week or the week after (which would be the week before my attempt. Thoughts??

nuthinbutpink
November 4th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I have no idea in regards to swaying but your health has to come first. I would do the procedure as scheduled.

HopeandDreamG
November 4th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Doc said my choice completely that I could do it now or wait a year

CapricornAquarius
November 5th, 2011, 05:12 AM
I think do the procedure now.
GL

HopeandDreamG
November 5th, 2011, 08:08 AM
I think do the procedure now.
GL

For sway reasons?

atomic sagebrush
November 5th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Do it now both for sway reasons and for your health. If anything it will help your sway and cannot hurt it.

HopeandDreamG
November 5th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Do it now both for sway reasons and for your health. If anything it will help your sway and cannot hurt it.

Do you think the week before O or the week of to schedule the procedure? Honestly, if it doesn't help my sway I wouldn't bother till after my pregnancy. But I might as well if it would help.

HopeandDreamG
November 5th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Atomic: I'm actually starting to think I should put it off. Doc says it would be fine- I'm concerned the meds for the prep are ALL salt. Do you know anything about the prep stuff I mention in the first post? Or would the rapid weight loss and anesthesia outweigh that?

TTC5
November 5th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I would do it now your health should never be compromised for the sake of swaying xx

HopeandDreamG
November 5th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Not to beat a dead horse but my health won't b compromised by putting it off.

atomic sagebrush
November 6th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Do you think the week before O or the week of to schedule the procedure? Honestly, if it doesn't help my sway I wouldn't bother till after my pregnancy. But I might as well if it would help.

I woudl do it the week before O to make sure the meds have had a chance to leave your body.

Second q - I personally do not believe that salt sways a very large amount and in fact large amounts of sodium may affect fertility negatively which you want for TTC pink. I think the rapid weight loss and anesthetic outweigh any risk of the salt.

Plus, you will have the peace of mind from knowing that you get a clean bill of health prior to your pregnancy (PRICELESS!!)

HopeandDreamG
November 7th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks atomic!