PDA

View Full Version : Nursing and no period yet and planning on doing PGD in April 2012

coliny
November 5th, 2011, 04:43 AM
I am currently nursing my 1 year old and planning on doing PGD in April or May 2012. I am planning on weaning off this month. I still do not have my period. Will that be enough time? Are there any ways to get my period earlier?

Thanks.

nuthinbutpink
November 5th, 2011, 07:53 AM
I would think you will be fine. As long as you get AF and then do pretesting with the following AF, you can cycle the very next month. Depending on your body, it may be close but if you have to adjust your cycle dates a bit, that's okay!

MAMAof4Pinks
November 6th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I agree as long as you get that little one of the boob :) you should start your period and well be fine you can always get right onto birthcontrol (reg. type) and that should help strat it too!!

HopingForPigtails
November 7th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Not to hijack your post but I'm in the same boat!! Weaning my 1-year-old this week (ouch)- although I was hoping to cycle in Feb or March. So do you have to have one AF before you do pre-testing?? (I.e- you would do your pre-testing on your second AF??

coliny
November 7th, 2011, 07:19 AM
HopingForPigtails - It's so hard to wean. We've been trying to experiment with different brands of formula and cows milk. How are you weaning off? Slowly? It's pretty painful.

I don't know if I do pretesting with 1st AF or 2nd. I'm just hoping that AF will come sooner since we are planning on doing this in April or May 2012.

HopingForPigtails
November 8th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Oh my goodness, weaning really is NO fun!! Luckily, DS is 15 months so he doesn't need formula. But he does take a little bottle of goats milk and pediasmart (an organic form of pedia sure). I cut down feeding by feeding until I only had one but I'm still totally engorged and in pain!! I'm taking a sage tincture which I do think has decreased my milk somewhat but its all I can do not to just go get my breast pump out and pump all of my milk ou to relieve the pressure!! Hah!!

Good news, though- I had a consult with Dr. P today and he said I can do pre testing on my first AF. So that's good!! GL with the weaning! I'm right there with you!!