PDA

View Full Version : Best immediate sways for DH?

Xyyywantanotherx
January 8th, 2018, 05:06 PM
DH is willing to sway short term- it wasn't expected so I'm unprepared for best sways.

He's 34, works out daily, we conceived our other four on first attempt/ or by surprise. (We have 1 girl and 3 boys). He doesn't drink alcohol or smoke, I think he does drink protein powders/supplements.

Currently looking at
Oil leaf, LR, Cranberry, aspirin? What's best?

Also should I have him drink soy, peppermint tea, caffeine? All of the above? None of the above?

Based on his stipulations I'm in panic mood to start him swaying asap

I had a very early MC 2 months ago (due to pneumonia), and last month DH screws up my 0+12 attempt. [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiaMelb
January 8th, 2018, 05:22 PM
So hard when you get last minute ok to sway and then you're running around like a headless chicken. I'm not a girl swayer so will leave them to suggest on supps but I do know that timing has been 100% debunked so trying for O +12 will likely just result in you missing the egg. What does work as we track it closely on this site is just having one attempt within your fertile window. We have found that having multiple attempts sways strongly blue and just a single attempt sways pink. Since timing doesn't sway most pink swayers have their attempt at +opk as O-1/O-2 have good odds of conception. GL

Xyyywantanotherx
January 8th, 2018, 07:23 PM
So hard when you get last minute ok to sway and then you're running around like a headless chicken. I'm not a girl swayer so will leave them to suggest on supps but I do know that timing has been 100% debunked so trying for O +12 will likely just result in you missing the egg. What does work as we track it closely on this site is just having one attempt within your fertile window. We have found that having multiple attempts sways strongly blue and just a single attempt sways pink. Since timing doesn't sway most pink swayers have their attempt at +opk as O-1/O-2 have good odds of conception. GL

Thanks for the response!! I read that about O+12 after the fact... (although DH put as us O+24 soooo I knew it was like one in a zillion chance this past month). SI saw the 1 attempt being strongly suggested. What release is suggested with that? I can't figure out what is best- or does it not matter?

atomic sagebrush
January 9th, 2018, 12:21 PM
i answered this in another thread but just to be thorough:

Most of the stuff we have DH do is not terribly effective. I woudln't get too worked up about it, but the things that DO help are:

Smoking (obviously not the best habit for health, but has been shown to sway in studies)
Jogging or biking (been shown to sway in studies)

Having only one unprotected attempt (this is obvi both of you - in our results was very effective for pink for reasons we do not understand)

Things that ~may~ help:

Olive Leaf Extract 500-1000 mg daily started right away and continue on till BFP, at which point he can gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week then he can drop.

Soy milk/food daily 12-48 oz

Wearing tight underwear and/or taking hot baths

Things that probably don't help at all:

Frequency (either abstain or daily release - neither has seemed to add anything)

Licorice or peppermint - poor results

Cranberry - while I'm not sold on either cranberry or OLE and still use cranberry, it has gotten worse results than OLE. I am really really not convinced on OLE doing anything, however.

atomic sagebrush
January 9th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the response!! I read that about O+12 after the fact... (although DH put as us O+24 soooo I knew it was like one in a zillion chance this past month). SI saw the 1 attempt being strongly suggested. What release is suggested with that? I can't figure out what is best- or does it not matter?

The thing is, the rules really need to be different for you given that this may be your only month. the release patterns have not worked for us anyway (getting actually lower odds than the overall success rate of the site) and so my inclination (as described in your other post) is for you guys to BD every 4 days starting right away and going through till when you're absolutely sure you've ovulated even if that means going all the way thru till next period begins.

OR, if you don't want to do that I outlined a way to have attempt at pos OPK and then O+12 in other post;

OR you can have DH do regular release every 2-4 days or just "do what he does" and then have one attempt at positive OPK. I do urge you, in this scenario, to pick it up with the e4d (Mon/Thurs pattern, not those days per se but that frequency) even after the one attempt in case your ovualtion is delayed because if you don't have attempt when the egg is in the house, you will miss the month!