PDA

View Full Version : November Chit Chat

Pages : [1] 2 3

zanacal
November 6th, 2011, 03:25 AM
I thought we'd better start a new one!

Mochagirl
November 6th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Sorry you had a rough night, Z - that bladder stuff sounds nasty!

We changed our clocks last night, and ds3 was up for the day at 4:15 this morning!!!! This, after I probably had to get up about 4 times in the night to deal with night wakings, thirsty kids, etc. It'll be another zombie day, I guess.

DoulaMama
November 6th, 2011, 11:44 AM
To continue the convo from Oct.....
Z- It almost always gets worse before getting better:( I've had it happen with 3 pregnancies now and it gets worse each time. It's excrutiating and quite frightening when it happens:( I feel for you! It usually onle lasts a week or 10 days for me. Just keep doing the knee/chest position and keep bladder as empty as possible. xoxo

Inglewood- Like Mocha, I'm not sure I'd be up for that either. It was really refreshing to hear that(before you found the twins)your mw offered the VBAC to you as a choice though! :)

Mocha- Wow! That's quite the list of issues!! Thank goodness everything turned out ok in the end:HH:

ETA- I hope you have an easy day, Mocha! I know the zombie feeling all too well:( xoxo

Inglewood
November 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I was shocked she offered too. I was totally up for a VBAC after ds1 but wasn't to be....so I really wouldn't fancy my chances of NOT rupturing having a VBAC after 2 sections. She told me that they never offer VBAC 3rd time round as there is not alot of statistics on 'rupturing' after 2 sections, so to keep themselves 'safe' (the docs) they op for section, but it was up to me! Well, if no stats on rupturing then I don't want to become a mortality stat!!!

Z, shame ur still having bladder probs, could it be a UTI?

princesssarah34
November 7th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Morning ladies.....well I started spotting again last night. Right now it is very sporadic....yesterday it was one time looked pinkish red and that was it...today it is mixed with ewcm and it a dark red....my lower back aches and my tummy feels weird...but I am not sure I am cramping. And to top it all off I had a horrid dream last night that I miscarried this baby!
This pregnancy is really making me scared....I just keep thinking I am losing this baby....and i feel so detached from it!

zanacal
November 7th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Oh princess, I'm so sorry. Are you going to go back to your doctor? I have everything crossed for you and your baby.

zanacal
November 7th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Tweedle - did you have your scan today? I've been thinking of you x

zanacal
November 7th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks Inglewood - I'm fairly certain it's not an infection because others have experienced this (DM and Atomic both have!). Last night I set the alarm for every 1.5 hours and didn't have the usual problem so that's good - waking up every 1.5 hours is not!!

DoulaMama
November 7th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Morning ladies.....well I started spotting again last night. Right now it is very sporadic....yesterday it was one time looked pinkish red and that was it...today it is mixed with ewcm and it a dark red....my lower back aches and my tummy feels weird...but I am not sure I am cramping. And to top it all off I had a horrid dream last night that I miscarried this baby!
This pregnancy is really making me scared....I just keep thinking I am losing this baby....and i feel so detached from it!

I'm so sorry you're going through this:( (HUGS) from me xoxox
I'll be thinking about you, Princess:HH:

DoulaMama
November 7th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks Inglewood - I'm fairly certain it's not an infection because others have experienced this (DM and Atomic both have!). Last night I set the alarm for every 1.5 hours and didn't have the usual problem so that's good - waking up every 1.5 hours is not!!

Yay! I did this for about 7 days and by the end of the week(with this pregnancy) I decided to set the alarm for every 3 hours and I was still ok. I can now go all night again!!! Yay!! It'll get better! I promise!!! xoxoxox

DoulaMama
November 7th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Tweedle - did you have your scan today? I've been thinking of you x

Me too! I hope that everything looks wonderful!(hugs) xoxo

DoulaMama
November 7th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I was shocked she offered too. I was totally up for a VBAC after ds1 but wasn't to be....so I really wouldn't fancy my chances of NOT rupturing having a VBAC after 2 sections. She told me that they never offer VBAC 3rd time round as there is not alot of statistics on 'rupturing' after 2 sections, so to keep themselves 'safe' (the docs) they op for section, but it was up to me! Well, if no stats on rupturing then I don't want to become a mortality stat!!!

Z, shame ur still having bladder probs, could it be a UTI?

There are some stats on VBA2&3C. It shows that the rate of complications is still lower than a c-section(not to scare you!!! This is for singletons!). The rupture rate is only slightly higher in VBA2C and doesn't change at all when it's a VBA3C. Pretty good chances of everything being ok!! It should definitely be offered as a choice to women but that is rare as the caregiver doesn't want to risk their license:( It's all about looking around for research papers etc as many Dr's don't realize that there are stats on these things. I know a doula that attended a VBA4C at home:) But again...it all comes down to the comfort of the woman doing it. You have to give birth where you feel the safest!!:) xoxo

DoulaMama
November 7th, 2011, 01:46 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?5039-Spring-Gift-Swap-for-March-April-and-May!
If anybody is interested in a gift swap, please check out the link!! I've organized a few of these and they are so much fun!! xo

tweedledeedum
November 7th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks for thinking of me! I have 2.5 more hours until my u/s and the minutes are ticking by so slowly. I spotted for two days, then nothing for a day or so then spotting again this morning, all brownish. i am crossing my fingers its just another subchorionic hematoma as it is very similar to what I had with both boys but you never know. I am trying to think the worst and hope for the best at this point.

princess - have you found out why you are spotting? it is so scary to not know what is going on - sending positive thoughts. i hope you find out what is going on soon and get to see/hear your little baby soon.

DoulaMama
November 7th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I'm sitting here listening to "Carol of the Bells" and I'm so frickin excited about Christmas! At the same time....I'm seriously sad that this will be the last time I'm pregnant during Christmas....:tissue: Man....I'm emotional today!!!

So....a question for you guys....I don't really want to post this on the name threads so I thought I'd ask you guys:)

I've had a girl name set aside for years...Can I run it by you guys? It's Welsh(I'm first generation Canadian- All my family was born and raised in England, Wales and Ireland), not high on the popularity lists(which is good for us) but I'm worried it's "dated".

It's Rhoslyn. Means: Lovely Rose :) Middle name to be Lily after MIL- she passed 5 years ago:(

The way it's pronounced is Ros-lin. No Z sound for the S, and not Ros-a-lin. What do you think???

zanacal
November 7th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I'll be dreaming positive thoughts tonight for you tweedle and will check in on you as soon as I can tomorrow. Good luck, the wait is just torture x

My sister soaked through 2 sanitary towels with bright red blood over the course of an evening and was cramping also and everything was fine - it just shows that the only way to know what is going on is with a scan even if you are getting scary symptoms.

I have everything crossed for you ladies. {hugs}

Flava
November 7th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Hey girls!
I was thinking for days when do we have a November chat? hehe
princess-hope everything is ok with you!
I would love to do gift swap but Im not even pregnant :sad:even if I get a bfp this month i would do in August.

purplepoet20
November 7th, 2011, 04:17 PM
DM I think it is a great name. But some of the dated names are coming back so you never know you may meet a little girl with that name.

DoulaMama
November 7th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks PP!! You're right:)

Flava! Well, we will just make sure that you're added to the swap list when you get that BFP soon!!! xoxox I know it'll happen!!

zanacal
November 7th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I missed your post DM - I think it's a pretty name and I'm so excited that you'll most likely get to use it! I don't know any Rhoslyn's here either. I have a friend who called her little girl Rosa and I love that.

DoulaMama
November 7th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Here's the belly @ 16w:)
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/Tulafina/IMG_0842.jpg

And I came across this pic on photobucket and had to post it! This is me and DS3 about 9hrs after his birth:)
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/Tulafina/IMG_4058.jpg

DoulaMama
November 7th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks Z:) I know I really like the name but sometimes after you've had it in your head for such a long time you're just not sure if it's actually a nice name anymore! Does that make sense??? LOL

Mochagirl
November 7th, 2011, 05:18 PM
tweedle and princess - I'm sorry for all the stress you're having.

DM - OMG I LOVE that name. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! We had considered Roslyn as one of our girl names when I was pregnant with my twins, but I love your spelling so much better. Beautiful belly pic too!

I've had a stressful time around here as well. My dad, who's been sick for a while, was rushed to the hospital yesterday. They found out he had a bowel obstruction, which after his surgery today, they determined to be caused by cancer. I'm not all that close to my Dad, but I'm worried about my Mom, who's dealing with all this alone right now - all us kids live out of town.

I also have my first mw appointment tomorrow morning. Another week of highs and lows, I guess.

DoulaMama
November 7th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Mocha- Thank you! That's so funny that you had it on your list!! It's one of the only names that DH and I agree on. I really like Violet as well but it's not easy to say and I have this thing(weird, I know..)about having names that are smooth off the tongue.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad:( I hope your Dad heals quickly and your Mom is able to cope with it all. That must be so scary for them both:( xoxox

PS! You have a prune baby!!!! So awesome!!!! LOL!

tweedledeedum
November 7th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Just a quick update by phone - everything was great on the u/s, measuring right, proper heartrate, etc. I'm so relieved!

And I like the name, dm. Very unique!

Mochagirl
November 7th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Great news, tweedle!

Inglewood
November 8th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Just typed tons and lost it!!! arghhhhh.... Now what did I say.....lol

Tweedle, really fab news!! Try and take it easy when u can. You must be so relieved x

DM, thanks for the info! Shame in the UK the docs aren't looking into it more. If I hadn't changed from midwifery to nursing as a student I could of done an Audit on the stats here in the UK! Love ur pics, what a lovely bump!! I'm almost 15wks with the twins now and still no decent bump, which worries me a bit! As with the boys I did have a noticeable bump my 14/15wks. My mum thinks they are lying higher up as she thinks I look 'swollen' about my belly button? Can't wait for my scan a wk today. Love ur pic with ds3, your glowing, 9hrs after!!! and he looks so cute and cosy!

Mocha, sorry to hear about ur dad. I am a Palliative care nurse and look after alot of people with bowel obstructions and it's awful for them. Hope he recovers well and ur mum is coping? She'll need alot of support too. x

Z, you must be shattered up so much to pee!! Hope ur bladder returns to normal (well, pg normal) soon. x

Inglewood
November 8th, 2011, 07:05 AM
DM, I know a girl from when I was at Uni called Roslynn, might sound similar, but ur way of spelling is very unique and cool!! I love spelling names a bit different from the 'norm'. I love old names but Dh and I are a disaster with names, esp boys names!! Ds1 got his name the wk before he was born and ds2 was 3 days old!!! So if these babies are boys we have names to find!!! Prob better we know sooner to get the baby names picked having 2 to choose that sound ok together and roll of the tongue!! lol I could give you tons of girls names...tons!!

Inglewood
November 8th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Princess, just saw ur post reading back. Sorry to hear ur still having spotting and cramping. I still get bad cramps now and then and I am almost 15wks, think that's just the way my body takes on pg, all the stretching.... I've had bad cramps since 5wks pg and 2 mornings of spotting. You should go back and see ur doc if ur really worried, that's what they are there for and some reassurance is well worth it's weight in gold!! x

Mochagirl
November 8th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Inglewood - thanks - the surgery went well, and my father is stable and recovering. They won't know whether or not they got all the cancer until the pathology report arrives in a week or so. As I said before, my Dad is extremely unhealthy already and already required a lot of care - he has diabetes, very high blood pressure, a heart condition that results in frequent fibrillation episodes that lend him in emergency, memory loss that gets worse every day and he can barely walk. He only retired from his work as a judge last February but he has gone downhill very fast.

My mother and he never had a great relationship to begin with, and now my Mom is having to spend her retirement years caring for him, which I'm very sad about for her. She's taken very good care of herself all her life and at 70 still travels the world and runs around with all her grandchildren. She has more energy than me! My brothers and I are doing what we can to set up help for her. Luckily, my Dad has good insurance, so we should be able to set up some sort of home care. My Mom loves to travel and is scared she's going to be tied to the house and my Dad forever now. I just wish at least one of us lived closer so we could help out more.

zanacal
November 8th, 2011, 11:09 AM
That's so sad Mocha, both for your dad and your mum. Big {hugs}, don't forget to take care of yourself and your bean through all the stress x

Inglewood - I think I showed later with DS3 than I did with the other two! A couple of the ladies at work know I'm pregnant and one of them told me today that it's noticeable so I went to look in the mirror and it is - but luckily it could be mistaken for fat!

Tweedle - I'm so happy everything went well! Thank you for updating us :D

Mocha - Both photos are fantastic - you look so amazing!

Do you guys remember I told you I was suspicious that a lady at work is pregnant? She came in with a scan photo today! She is due on 11th May and she's telling our boss tomorrow. Guess who else is telling our boss tomorrow?! I get to see him first (phew!) and I didn't mention it to her because I don't want her to worry even more about telling him her own news but I think I'll tell her afterwards. How awkward is this?! I have to tell him tomorrow because I won't see him for 3 weeks after but I'm going to ask him to keep it quiet until I've had my scan and told everybody else at the end of next week.

Glittergirl
November 8th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Wow-- a lot is going on lately
Mocha--Sorry about what your dad and mom are going through, but it seems like your mom has things set up with home health. I think it's awesome that she still travels and takes good care of herself. Good for her!!! I hope to be that way when I'm older, so I really try to take care of myself now. I believe it pays off!!! My dad's parents always took care of themselves ate well, exercised and traveled the world--so even in his 90s he was traveling til he passed away this time last year and my grandma is still moving around! My mom's parents--not so much--so her dad passed away 3 years ago but his last 10 years were not the best and her mom is in her 80s but just has so many health issues she can't be left alone. Sorry to go off tangent--
Tweedle--good news about your US! yay for good news!
Inglewood--I feel your pain. I found out I was preg with DS1 a week after I started a new job (Back then I thought it took years to get preg so we tried thinking I would have at least a year---I know how naive of me) But I was scared to death to let them know! I waited til I was showing!
DM--Cute pics! I think we should all post belly pics now!!! And I love the name! I personally love unique names--even if they are outdated, I actually think that's the trends these days. But here's my little story If you love the name...USE IT! I say this cause DH and I had our girl name from the beginning. With each pregnancy we would tell family "if its a girl the name is this, if its a boy the name is this" (we actually would pick out 2-3 names then name them once we got to meet our little ones at the hospital to see which name fits) Anyway, my SIL had a daughter last year and she told me she would use my name since i wasn't gonna have a girl! I was devastated. Took me months to get over it. I had fallen in love with what was my DD--the name. And I felt like she took my chance aways from having a DD! She's actually my favorite SIL too and she probably didn't do it maliciously cause she stated I can use it too if I ever have a DD but seriously....why would I use the same name!!!! Anyway, DH and I are over it and my sisters said they don't like that name anymore. Long story short...if you love that name and would be upset if someone close used it.....then use it or at least use it as a middle name LOL! I swear...I almost got a puppy just so that I could use the name LOL!

Glittergirl
November 8th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Oh oops....I mean Z-- sorry you have to tell your boss...it's always so hard.

princesssarah34
November 8th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Morning ladies.....well I am still spotting brownish stuff......I am hoping maybe it is just this pg is different and my body is reacting to all the stretching going on. I have just decided that if I lose this baby than I lose this baby and we won't try again....I can not handle losing another one.
My DH said yesterday "I bet this is our girl and she is just making everything more difficult for us to get her!" :bigsmile:
But on a side note DS1 is visiting his other Grandma this week...so I have had a break stress wise there.....but of course DS2 and DS3 both have come down with really bad colds and guess who they gave it to?......of course ME!

Mocha I am so sorry to hear about your dad and mom...those situation can be so stressful.
DM....you have a cute little baby belly! :giggle:
Tweedle.....glad your scan was good!

Mochagirl
November 8th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Hey ladies - thanks for your thoughts about my family.

I had my first midwife appt this morning. I hate how you wait forever for that first appointment then it's as boring as can be - bloodwork and a pap smear. The good news is I can now make my appointment for my first u/s. I'm going to call later today and try to book something for next week (11 weeks) or the week after.

Mochagirl
November 8th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Yay! Just booked my u/s for November 21st at 10am!!! I'll be exactly 12 weeks - is that good timing for a nub shot?

tweedledeedum
November 8th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Wow, there is lots going on in here!

Dm - love that pic of you and your son right after he was born. So sweet!

Princess - have you been seen about your spotting? It might give you peace of mind that everything is ok.

mocha - I think 12 weeks is a good time for a nub shot! I don't really get nub theory but it is fun to guess anyways! Looking forward to seeing your pics.

z- good luck telling your boss! i know it can be stressful but I think they usually take it better than we think they will. It will be exciting to have a co-worker to go through pregnancy with - are you friends?

Have you guys seen this website? I thought it was really interesting as it shows the baby genitals at the different stages. It is surprising how they start out looking so similar!
http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

zanacal
November 8th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks tweedle. I am quite friendly with my colleague but I'm really worried about us both telling our boss on the same day (I come out of my one to one and she goes in!). Of course she doesn't know that I'll have just told him but I'm worried what his reaction will be to her news after mine. I don't know whether I should have told her first or not - but I thought it might be better if at least one of us was oblivious! I wish she hadn't said today so I would have been!!

DoulaMama
November 8th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Holy Crow this thread moves fast:)

Just a quick update by phone - everything was great on the u/s, measuring right, proper heartrate, etc. I'm so relieved!

And I like the name, dm. Very unique!
Yay!!!! I'm so glad to hear that your bub is doing well!!! xoxo And thank you(for the name compliment!) :)

DM, thanks for the info! Shame in the UK the docs aren't looking into it more. If I hadn't changed from midwifery to nursing as a student I could of done an Audit on the stats here in the UK! Love ur pics, what a lovely bump!! I'm almost 15wks with the twins now and still no decent bump, which worries me a bit! As with the boys I did have a noticeable bump my 14/15wks. My mum thinks they are lying higher up as she thinks I look 'swollen' about my belly button? Can't wait for my scan a wk today. Love ur pic with ds3, your glowing, 9hrs after!!! and he looks so cute and cosy!

It's the same here...not many Dr's have the time or energy(or the want) to go in search of new research papers or trials etc. I know that most are overworked...the system sucks:( Thank you for your kind comments!! Oh and do not worru about the belly not showing!!! I'm 190lbs in that pic!!! I'm not exactly small!! The belly is mainly flab.... :) I'm very excited to hear about your scan!!!!! xoxo I'll be stalking!!!

DM, I know a girl from when I was at Uni called Roslynn, might sound similar, but ur way of spelling is very unique and cool!! I love spelling names a bit different from the 'norm'. I love old names but Dh and I are a disaster with names, esp boys names!! Ds1 got his name the wk before he was born and ds2 was 3 days old!!! So if these babies are boys we have names to find!!! Prob better we know sooner to get the baby names picked having 2 to choose that sound ok together and roll of the tongue!! lol I could give you tons of girls names...tons!!
Thanks, I! I've been looking through the baby name book(1 million names or something ridiculous...) and I'm totally not interested in anything...except Rhoslyn:) I'm 99% sure we have our girl name:) Oh and it took 7 days to name our second! We just couldn't decide if he was a Hudson or a Simon....We went for Hudson:) I really think you'll be using those Girls names, I!!! :HH:

Mocha - Both photos are fantastic - you look so amazing! Poor Mocha! She's gotta be 50lbs less than me;) :rofl:!!! I'm guessing you meant me :) Thank you! xoxox

Do you guys remember I told you I was suspicious that a lady at work is pregnant? She came in with a scan photo today! She is due on 11th May and she's telling our boss tomorrow. Guess who else is telling our boss tomorrow?! I get to see him first (phew!) and I didn't mention it to her because I don't want her to worry even more about telling him her own news but I think I'll tell her afterwards. How awkward is this?! I have to tell him tomorrow because I won't see him for 3 weeks after but I'm going to ask him to keep it quiet until I've had my scan and told everybody else at the end of next week.
Oh boy....I do not envy you!! I hope that it goes well for her! At least you don't have to worry being the first one in there....is he a nice guy??? Oh and I'm just super stoked for your scan!!!!! xoxo

DM--Cute pics! I think we should all post belly pics now!!! I agree!!!! And I love the name! I personally love unique names--even if they are outdated, I actually think that's the trends these days. But here's my little story If you love the name...USE IT! I say this cause DH and I had our girl name from the beginning. With each pregnancy we would tell family "if its a girl the name is this, if its a boy the name is this" (we actually would pick out 2-3 names then name them once we got to meet our little ones at the hospital to see which name fits) Anyway, my SIL had a daughter last year and she told me she would use my name since i wasn't gonna have a girl! I was devastated. Took me months to get over it. I had fallen in love with what was my DD--the name. And I felt like she took my chance aways from having a DD! She's actually my favorite SIL too and she probably didn't do it maliciously cause she stated I can use it too if I ever have a DD but seriously....why would I use the same name!!!! Anyway, DH and I are over it and my sisters said they don't like that name anymore. Long story short...if you love that name and would be upset if someone close used it.....then use it or at least use it as a middle name LOL! I swear...I almost got a puppy just so that I could use the name LOL! So...will you use it now?? And you're right. If I love the name I should use it! I think we will. Not that this changes my mind at all but my Aunt, who I'm very close to, told me that she was glad I had boy #3 because she can't stand the name Rhoslyn :( I was pretty upset. She asks me all the time what my name choices are with this one and I refuse to tell her. She's actually quite miffed....Pfffft! Well, won't she be surprised when we use the name she hates...LOL! I'm actually looking forward to telling her! HAHAHAHA! I'm twisted....

Morning ladies.....well I am still spotting brownish stuff......I am hoping maybe it is just this pg is different and my body is reacting to all the stretching going on. I have just decided that if I lose this baby than I lose this baby and we won't try again....I can not handle losing another one.
My DH said yesterday "I bet this is our girl and she is just making everything more difficult for us to get her!" :bigsmile:
But on a side note DS1 is visiting his other Grandma this week...so I have had a break stress wise there.....but of course DS2 and DS3 both have come down with really bad colds and guess who they gave it to?......of course ME!

Mocha I am so sorry to hear about your dad and mom...those situation can be so stressful.
DM....you have a cute little baby belly! :giggle:
Tweedle.....glad your scan was good!
Princess, I bet your DH is right! I think everything will be fine, Hun xoxo Hopefully the bleed slowly tapers off and soon it'll all reabsorbed or shed and everything will be perfect!!! You'll see! I'm sorry you're unwell:( It really stinks being pregnant and sick. Hugs, P!

Hey ladies - thanks for your thoughts about my family.

I had my first midwife appt this morning. I hate how you wait forever for that first appointment then it's as boring as can be - bloodwork and a pap smear. The good news is I can now make my appointment for my first u/s. I'm going to call later today and try to book something for next week (11 weeks) or the week after.
12 is still a bit early...13w is perfect timing as there is less chance of the nub moving at all. Even 12+5 is a bit more accurate than 12w. Although, I think many women have gotten very accurate guesses at 12 w though:) I'm very excited to hear how it goes and hopefully you get some awesome pics!!! xoxo

Wow, there is lots going on in here!

Dm - love that pic of you and your son right after he was born. So sweet!

Princess - have you been seen about your spotting? It might give you peace of mind that everything is ok.

mocha - I think 12 weeks is a good time for a nub shot! I don't really get nub theory but it is fun to guess anyways! Looking forward to seeing your pics.

z- good luck telling your boss! i know it can be stressful but I think they usually take it better than we think they will. It will be exciting to have a co-worker to go through pregnancy with - are you friends?

Have you guys seen this website? I thought it was really interesting as it shows the baby genitals at the different stages. It is surprising how they start out looking so similar!
http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html
I have seen that site! Very cool!!!! And thank you for the compliment!!

Mochagirl
November 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
DM - maybe it's a good thing that there's still interpretation issues at 12 weeks - that way if the nub looks like a boy, I can still keep hope alive until my gender scan.

That's annoying about your aunt and your name choice. We never tell ANYONE our name choices until birth just to avoid that sort of thing. Once your kid is named, no one will dare criticize it (to your face at least).

zanacal
November 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Lol, sorry for the name confusion - can I blame baby brain?!

When I was pregnant with DS3 'she' was Phoebe in my mind. DH was/is not at all convinced of the name because he can't separate it from Phoebe from Friends in his mind (seriously, how long ago did that end?!). I don't love it in isolation but I think it goes really well with my boys' names. Other than that, Grace will feature somehow. It's become very common recently but it's a family name and was my nan who died last year. We're also thinking of including Nora, who was DH's nan and I quite like it as a name in and of itself - a bit old lady perhaps but aren't lots of names at the moment! My great nan was Florence which I also like. I've just realised I've been ranting on about names as if we're having a girl. Ugh, no matter how hard I try to convince myself it's likely a boy I still get carried away. I might need a shoulder to cry on after my scan next week when the nub's pointing at the sky!

DoulaMama
November 8th, 2011, 02:59 PM
That's so true, Mocha! I never tell anyone, fo rthe most part but she's always been such a supportive woman! I could have told her our third would be named Humperdink and she would have said, "Sounds good! Your baby...you get to name it whatever you want!". So I was shocked when she said that:( Oh well, I never really see her and I could kinda care less what she thinks about our kids names.

And you're doing the smart thing about the 12w thing!!! When you are nubsessing, It's such torture from 12-18weeks.....Ugh. And I had it done at 14w! It feels like it was 3 months ago!!! Time is standing still....

PS-If anyone is using the name Humperdink...I apologize;)

DoulaMama
November 8th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Lol, sorry for the name confusion - can I blame baby brain?! YES! xoxo
When I was pregnant with DS3 'she' was Phoebe in my mind. DH was/is not at all convinced of the name because he can't separate it from Phoebe from Friends in his mind (seriously, how long ago did that end?!). I don't love it in isolation but I think it goes really well with my boys' names. Other than that, Grace will feature somehow. It's become very common recently but it's a family name and was my nan who died last year. We're also thinking of including Nora, who was DH's nan and I quite like it as a name in and of itself - a bit old lady perhaps but aren't lots of names at the moment! My great nan was Florence which I also like. I've just realised I've been ranting on about names as if we're having a girl. Ugh, no matter how hard I try to convince myself it's likely a boy I still get carried away. I might need a shoulder to cry on after my scan next week when the nub's pointing at the sky!
I love all your names, Z! So lovely!!! I really like Nora and Grace :HH:

And (((HUGS))) I know EXACTLY what you're feeling right now. The excitement of the "what-if" and the quick rush back to protecting your heart by thinking it has to be a boy:( I am so hoping that all you guys get your sweet girls~~~~ I'm so + that it can happen for you all~ And if it isn't we will be here:HH:

Mochagirl
November 8th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I'm in the same place as you right now, Z. I keep looking wistfully at little baby girls wondering if I'll ever experience that, but then I get scared to get even a tiny bit hopeful since I just feel like this has to be a boy. I'm getting more and more obsessed as the days go by - it's all I think of, and part of it is I'm dreading having my heart sink when/if I hear 'boy'. This is definitely our last baby, so it will mean I'll never have the daughter I've always dreamed of....

I love your names too. Our girl name is after my dh's grandma, who died a few years ago - Sadie. That's been our girl name ever since we were pregnant with the twins. If they'd been girls they would have probably been Sadie and Roslyn. The middle name will be my Mom's middle name, Lillian (which she also uses as part of her first name), since she's my best friend and I want a way to honour her.

If we have a boy...I dunno. We're just running out of names. I can't really go with anything exotic since it wouldn't go well with my other sons' very common, simple names. I'm thinking maybe Ben, since that was one of the shortlisted ones for ds3, and it goes well with the other names.

zanacal
November 8th, 2011, 04:12 PM
It's hard to choose a 4th boy name isn't it?! DH mentioned Joshua (I don't know why, he's never mentioned it before!) and again, it's not one we've considered in the past, but it goes with the other three and I quite like it. The other three probably have less common names, I'm not sure that bothers me though!

Mochagirl
November 8th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Oh, and DM - your name mixup comment reminded me of my dilemma at my appointment today. The mw obviously noticed on my record that I've gained 13 pounds at 10 weeks, so I felt the need to explain that I'd been on a very restricted diet before getting pregnant and had lost 20 lbs. I didn't say straight out that I was swaying, but I'm sure if she's ever heard of swaying she'd suspect that's what I was doing since she knows I want a girl. It wasn't my regular mw, but one I've never met, or I might have admitted I lost the weight in the hope I'd get a girl.

zanacal
November 8th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I would bet she doesn't have a clue about swaying mocha! I wasn't weighed at the very beginning officially but when I was weighed at my 9 week appointment (though in the middle of the day wearing my clothes so that adds a bit!) I was 18lb heavier than I was when I got my BFP!! They don't routinely weigh you during pregnancy here (my goodness, I hope they haven't re-started that practice!) but I haven't been anywhere near the scales since then and I bet it's shot up even more!

Glittergirl
November 8th, 2011, 06:10 PM
That's annoying about your aunt and your name choice. We never tell ANYONE our name choices until birth just to avoid that sort of thing. Once your kid is named, no one will dare criticize it (to your face at least).

I agree we never tell either, plus we wait to meet the baby. But you get all kinds of comments about a name....no one will think the name is perfect and some feel that they should give an opinion when none is needed!

Glittergirl
November 8th, 2011, 06:19 PM
I called my doctor and they said that since I didn't want to know the sex of the baby, they don't have that in my records (I called to see how my U/S results were, even though I knew there were no concerns. Then I asked, by the way did they record the sex cause I think I wanna know now.) SO....they told me to get that info from the U/S place. I called and was on endless torturous hold, I was shaking when she went to get the results....then she came back and said that I would have to come in personally and show my ID they wont give it over the phone. So what do I do??? Should I leave well enough alone?? Or go ahead and find out???? I wish the monkey site was up and running so I could post for the U/S techs. Here's the dilemma: I kinda have my hopes up this is a girl--if it ends up being a boy I think it will be a horrible shock at delivery since now I'm expecting a girl. I didn't tell DH what I'm up to. Should I go in tomorrow and find out? I will have 4 months getting used to the boy idea again.....

nuthinbutpink
November 8th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Glitter-it's a girl. You don't need an ultrasound tech to see that on your pictures. I would absolutely go get a scan so you can see it live and then enjoy the pregnancy!

DoulaMama
November 8th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Glitter-it's a girl. You don't need an ultrasound tech to see that on your pictures. I would absolutely go get a scan so you can see it live and then enjoy the pregnancy!

^^^ Yes! This!!! Go in and ask for the results or get another scan:) I am so ++++++ that it's a girl in there.....If you were to have a baby shower tomorrow...I'd have zero hesitation buying you a crap load of pink dresses....and cutting off all the tags...and burning the receipt. :bigsmile:

DoulaMama
November 8th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Oh, and DM - your name mixup comment reminded me of my dilemma at my appointment today. The mw obviously noticed on my record that I've gained 13 pounds at 10 weeks, so I felt the need to explain that I'd been on a very restricted diet before getting pregnant and had lost 20 lbs. I didn't say straight out that I was swaying, but I'm sure if she's ever heard of swaying she'd suspect that's what I was doing since she knows I want a girl. It wasn't my regular mw, but one I've never met, or I might have admitted I lost the weight in the hope I'd get a girl.

Yeah..they probably have no idea about swaying...LOL 13 lbs isn't that bad! I have a very close friend who gains 70lbs with each of her babies!!! She tells everyone that even her eyelashes get fat;) She loses it all...I have no idea how! I gain 20 and I still have issues losing it!!!

Glittergirl
November 8th, 2011, 07:32 PM
NBP--you're right. I need to get over this crazy obsession. I'm so scared to hear boy. Then I tell myself, I'm going to have 4 healthy wonderful boys....what's wrong with that? Life is good! Is that the worst thing that can happen is to have another beautiful baby boy? As you can see I talk to myself a lot lately. I SO badly wanna buy pink. I have not bought a single item (all the pink things I have (like 6 dresses) I bought after DS1 cause they were on sale and super cute. Never again did I look at girly stuff for my own pregnancy!

DM-- I laughed SO hard! You are hilarious! Yes....I'm gonna go buy a "crap load" of pink crap and cut off the tags, burn the receipts and even go so far as to pay cash LOL!!!!!

I'm gonna get the courage and check during lunch break tomorrow. I'll go to the U/S place and ask that they give me my results. i hope some of you will be online in case I come home crying.....gonna go alone and not tell anyone. I'll update you...

XXdreaming
November 8th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I didnt see the u/s or know how far along you are, but just wanted to wish you luck glittergirl :) I hope you get your baby girl!!

Mochagirl
November 8th, 2011, 07:43 PM
DM - I gained 75 lbs with my twins. Then again, I was TRYING to gain lots of weight with them to help them get big themselves. I broke 200 lbs right near the birth, and I thought I was going to faint when I saw that on the scale! Luckily BFing two babies helps get rid of all those extra pounds quickly. With ds3 I gained close to 40 lbs. This time around I'm only concerned because the 13 pounds I've gained is in the first 10 weeks - I don't even have a proper baby belly yet!

DoulaMama
November 8th, 2011, 08:13 PM
M- Good on you for getting that weight on for them!!! That's incredible! So many twin moms have a very hard time packing the pounds on but it's so great for them if you can:) you said your boys were pretty big for twins...right? I stepped on the scale at 41w3d with DS1 and saw 220 for the first time in my life:( I was so upset!!! I started out heavier but still:( 50lbs was a bit excessive for me.
GG- I'll be checking in so I can celebrate with you, Hun xoxoxo Don't stress!!! Be excited!!! Oh I can't wait to hear your news!!!!!!

Mochagirl
November 8th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Yep, they were 7 lbs and 6 lbs at 37.5 weeks, which is pretty big - especially for identical twins.

begonia
November 8th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Glitter go find out tomorrow for sure, you'll be glad you did and then we can celebrate :) It's so fun seeing so many of you pink swayers have success!

AFM I tried to stay away in hopes it would help with the GD but it really hasn't. I'm in a pretty miserable spot :( I know I'll love DD3; but I keep thinking I already have 2 DD to love, what on earth is the benefit to another? It's not like my 2 DD are the same person and I know DD3 will be her own woman as well, but at the end of the day they are still girls and still have a LOT in common and I'll still have to deal with 3 girls in puberty, 3 girls and make-up, 3 girls and boys (and worse, girls and their mean issues), 3 girls and weddings .... it wears me out thinking about it. Especially since I am not at all the type of girl to wear make-up or have much interest in shopping. I haven't been able to buy baby clothes because I'm tired of it all. I have no interest in shopping for another baby girl. At all. But I need to because I gave away all of DD's baby clothes, thinking I'd have a boy next.

DH is great with it which has helped, and he knows how bad I'm hurting. He's said we'll just have a 4th (adopt; he won't do HT and there's NO WAY I am going to sway again and potentially go through this, my sway couldn't have been any different I just had crap luck) but right now I'm not sure I can cope with 3 kids let alone 4 ... so who knows. I'm just thankful he's being wonderful about it. The worst thing about GD is I'm missing out on all the fun with my family these past several weeks because I'm in this constant cloud :( We moved into our lovely new home, had loads of Halloween fun, had a great camping trip .. but all of it all I can think about is THIS. It sucks.

Anyhow, sorry to be a downer, I feel like all my posts for the last month have been blah but I need to vent somewhere besides just DH; he's been great but bless him he has to be tired of it. Much as I wish I was one of the ones celebrating it is fun to see so many of you getting your girls, especially after 3 boys :) So I pop on here and there to check in and be happy for someone else... and I'll definitely pop in tomorrow for your news Glitter!

Mochagirl
November 8th, 2011, 08:52 PM
begonia - it's so nice to see you here. I'm soooo sorry you're hurting so much. You're making my heart ache because I remember exactly what that feels like...and I'm still scared that I'll be feeling it again in 10 weeks or so. I'm glad your DH is being so supportive. For me the possibility of having a 4th baby was what got me through GD, even though I knew that 4th baby wasn't a definite thing. I'm even more scared this time around because this is definitely IT. There'll be no talk of a 5th baby to help get me through my GD.

begonia
November 8th, 2011, 10:13 PM
begonia - it's so nice to see you here. I'm soooo sorry you're hurting so much. You're making my heart ache because I remember exactly what that feels like...and I'm still scared that I'll be feeling it again in 10 weeks or so. I'm glad your DH is being so supportive. For me the possibility of having a 4th baby was what got me through GD, even though I knew that 4th baby wasn't a definite thing. I'm even more scared this time around because this is definitely IT. There'll be no talk of a 5th baby to help get me through my GD.

The possibility of a 4th is definitely what gets me through the hardest points Mocha, so I can see where it would have been the same light at the end of the tunnel for you. I don't know that we'll do it, like you said, but it helps to know it's there. It's tough though b/c I wouldn't have considered for a MINUTE having a 4th child if this was my boy, KWIM? DH chooses to look at 3DD's as the push we needed to adopt, because we have talked about adoption for years ... so he considers this a sort of divine inspiration that there is a little boy out there who is supposed to be ours. I just wanted him to be ours through birth.

You girl swayers seem to be having a great streak though so really ... your odds look good love. Are you going to get a nub shot if possible? It's so nerve wracking, the whole to-know-not-to-know battle. I really really really hope you have a pink bundle in there. I would hate for you to have to go through this again. Once is definitely more than enough.

Mochagirl
November 8th, 2011, 10:21 PM
My u/s is scheduled for two Mondays from now. I probably won't specifically ask for a nub shot unless I have a really nice tech, but I'll hope I can see the nub in whatever shot they get. I just really feel like this is another boy.

begonia
November 8th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Mocha FWIW I told the tech I would love a full body profile shot since all I had from DD2 was a face, and at 12w the face looks skull like and scary, not cute, LOL :) He was super nice and gave me 2, but because this girl is a wiggle worm (holy cow does she ever move all the time) the shots were fully body profiles, but worthless for nubs. And I couldn't even see myself during the scan as she kept moving so much. She better calm down once she gets out :) DD2 is my wild child racking up her ER visits and I don't need 2 of those, that's for sure.

Don't trust your gut; there's self-preservation kicking in, especially with having had GD previously. You know that. But really ... it could very well be a DD in there. FX your gut feeling is wrong wrong wrong! :)

DoulaMama
November 8th, 2011, 11:39 PM
M/c and stillbirth mentioned-

B- I've missed you:HH: I am so sad to read about what you've been going through:( The thoughts you have about your baby...I'm not totally sure what they've been but I know when I found out DS2 was on his way...I had horrible thoughts of me losing him. I was so sure that he was going to be stillborn..or die of SIDS. It was truly awful and I know these thoughts went through my head because I almost wanted it to happen. If it had actually happened....I would have been an absolute mess and most likely never would have had another child. I NEVER actually wanted it to happen.....but some twisted part of me almost needed to think those things just so I would feel terrible and realize that I never did want that to happen....does that make any sense??? I had months of terrible dreams, terrible thoughts(because my hubby didn't know that I found out) and I cried a lot. I feel your pain. I know it's not totally the same but.... (((HUGS)))
I really love what your DH said- about the third being a girl so you would get your son...this is why your third daughter will be so incredibly special:HH: I truly believe this. The ache in your heart will most likely subside when she arrives and if you still have that yearning for a son, you should follow your heart~ Years down the road you will watch your sleeping daughter and think about how incredibly lucky you are to have such an amazing soul in your life. She will teach you so many things. You are so blessed~ I hope this comes across as heart felt because I don't want to tell you how you should feel or how you will feel...I just want you to wait for that light...the one at the end of the tunnel. You are going to see it:) I know you will and your heart will heal. I'm sending you lots of Love and healing thoughts B~ xoxoxoxo

DoulaMama
November 8th, 2011, 11:42 PM
My u/s is scheduled for two Mondays from now. I probably won't specifically ask for a nub shot unless I have a really nice tech, but I'll hope I can see the nub in whatever shot they get. I just really feel like this is another boy.

I did too, M.....It's so hard to think about it being anything else....xoxoxo I'm going to think PINK, GIRLIE thoughts for you for the next 2 weeks!!! And then for the next 6 weeks!!!! :)

Glittergirl
November 9th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Just wanted to check in before I go to bed--
Begonia--so sorry you're going through this. As mom with three of a kind, I can only say I have such a strong and emotional bond with DS3. I almost didn't want to even have a 4th cause he's just my baby! This DD is going to be so special to you, just wait and see. Keep telling yourself you have the option of a 4th. I think that's what helps most of us, when we know there still is a chance. I really didn't shop for him either...no need to, I had plenty of boys clothes and I thought what's the point. But I did end up splurging on some super cute newborn stuff from a boutique and that shopping trip really cheered me up because I began to accept it and celebrate him.
Mocha--you just have to believe this is your girl. I used to buy into that whole luck thing and not enough to go around, but this pregnancy I know sooo many people all having girls and I'm not gonna let that make me think there is no hope for me. This is your girl!!!! Oh and I hope you get a nub shot!!!!
I can't keep things from Dh--so I told him I'm gonna go tomorrow and find out. He was supportive and kind of relieved. I think he's tired of me going online every 10 minutes researching ultrasounds and playing ours over and over again. i just need to get this over with and be present for my family. I really haven't been present lately. DH can tell I'm preoccupied. He didn't realize it was this.

I'll get back on tomorrow--goodnight!

Glittergirl
November 9th, 2011, 12:16 AM
I didnt see the u/s or know how far along you are, but just wanted to wish you luck glittergirl :) I hope you get your baby girl!!
Thank you--I feel at peace finding out. I'm gonna feel blessed no matter what.

Inglewood
November 9th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Morning, didn't get back on last night due to swim lessons and homework then absolute tiredness!! Missed a good few pages.

Mocha, I hope things improve for ur dad. It's good your dad will allow carers in to help your mum out. Often people won't and the partner is left alone. Your mum sounds like a lovely lady and I hope she continues to have her 'time out' when she can, then things won't get on top of her if she's a 24/7 carer. We lived with my Grandpa with dementia for a few yrs, it was my dad's dad, but my mum gave up work to care for him (I was 15) and she had terrible time, it was so bad that when he died (I was 18) my mum almost broke down as she never took any time out from caring (my dad's sisters wouldn't let anyone help my mum, but they didn't want to help either) she was mentally and physically exhausted. My dad then had a stroke 5yrs ago and he wasn't the easiest man to live with to start with (for my mum) but the first few yrs he was like a stubborn child, my mum had it tough (again) and now he's retired, they have a smaller house, he's more settled and my mum just doesn't take any of his crap anymore!! He's recovered reasonably well, speech still slurring at times and gets dizzy, but alot better. He was only 57 when he had the stroke. I admire all carers and it must be tough on your mum if their relationship wasn't great prior to his poor health. Keep us posted and even just being there on the other end of a phone to ur mum will be a massive support, try not worry ur not nearer, just visit when u can and keep in touch with her, sure she will appreciate that.

Since I stopped my 'girl' diet I've not put a lb on! I am about the same weight when I got my bfp in Aug (very unlike me). I did loose 2stone 2 lbs (30lbs) on the diet from April- Aug. It's prob since I lost 7lbs being so sick. I have put around 3lbs back on, mainly this past week which is a good sign my body is trying to get back to normal after the sickness. I usually put on 30lbs each pg, have had 9lbs 1 and 8lbs 5 (week early) babies, so god help me this time!! Mocha 75lbs seems alot,but as you said worth it to have healthy babies and BF will help shift it! (if I can).

Doula, thanks for ur nice comments and ladies for reassuring me, sure my bump will just pop out one day and I'll be like "where did that come from" lol Can still fasten my jeans, but Dh says he can notice it a bit higher up. Think we all go thru worrying days or weeks... wouldn't be human if we didn't!

My friend had a baby boy yest, she was so sure it was a girl too. She mentioned 'cut-off' to me once, that's why she thought it was a girl as she concieved the baby a few days before ov, which I said I had heard of, but we never got the chance to say anymore about it. He's super cute and tiny at 6lbs 8oz. She had a planned c-section, but lost alot of blood, so in being kept in for a week. Just seen pics, but can't wait for a cuddle! She has a 6yr old boy just now and he's chuffed it's a brother!

Princess, are u going for another scan soon? Hope ur ok? x

Begonia, I hope u feel better soon. I always remember thinking ds2 was a girl and the feeling when he was first born, the shock really. So this time I think i need to know and if it's boys then have a 4d scan with my boys coming along, like a bonding scan, make it a family memory. Would that help you?

Glittergirl, how exciting, keep us posted! x

purplepoet20
November 9th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Not doing so great... tomorrow is going to be a bad day but the last few days have been horrible. I am so emotional with figuring out the next cycle ttc and also having to catch up on winterizing the house... I just want to curl up in a ball and sleep for a month!

Can't wait to finally have a bfp so I can worry about the gender!

Mochagirl
November 9th, 2011, 12:29 PM
You guys are all so awesome - sorry I keep moaning and complaining when I don't even know the gender yet. Begonia - you're absolutely right - it's self preservation.

Inglewood - that the same problem my Mom has with my Dad - he's always been hard to live with, and now that he has dementia, he can be downright mean. He's still recovering in the hospital and will be there for a while, and my Mom admitted it's nice to have a bit of a break at home. She's still going to the hospital 3 times a day to visit, but she's also going about her regular life now that he's stable and recovering, which I think is great.

purplepoet - we've got lots of babydust to share around here - help yourself to some!

princesssarah34
November 9th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Morning....to all who asked about if I am getting another scan....no not until 20 weeks. I will have a fun 3d u/s done on the 26th but that is just for fun and gender. My doctor basicly said if I started spotting again just to put my feet up and relax. That there is nothing he can really do at this point if I am losing this baby. Which I understand. I am only 14 weeks today by my count..but my NT scan the baby measured bigger...so if you go by that then almost 15 weeks. I keep praying that I will start to feel movement soon to reasure me that this baby is ok. My next Dr. appt. is not until the 28th so I keep hoping when we go for our fun u/s thing will look ok.

GG...I will be stalking this thread today to see your post!
And to everyone else I probably miss.....sorry....I read thru the pages but my head is so foggy I can't remember nothing!

Glittergirl
November 9th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Hi everyone! Just on here really quick cause I gotta go pick up kids but I went to the u/s during my lunch break! you all were right!!!! It's a GIRL!!! I am beside myself I can't believe it! I will update you later but didn't want to keep the suspense! I'll be on again later and read how everyone is doing today. I totally have to thank atomic as I think her advice has been great through out my sway.

Mochagirl
November 9th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Excellent news, GG - now you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy!

CapricornAquarius
November 9th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Congrats GG, thats awsome!!

purplepoet20
November 9th, 2011, 03:19 PM
woohoo...Treat yourself to a little pink shopping!

DoulaMama
November 9th, 2011, 03:25 PM
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! I just seriously screamed out loud!!!! I am beyond ecstatic for you!!!! (even though I knew it already;)). xoxoxo

Talk to you all later! I'm out and about in town but had to check to see GG's news:)

nuthinbutpink
November 9th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Great news GG. NOW you can celebrate!

Inglewood
November 9th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Congratulations GG!!! lovely news! will u tell ur boys?? x

zanacal
November 9th, 2011, 04:15 PM
GG, that's AMAZING!!!!! I'm so happy for you - you can stop replaying that scan video and get yourself down to the shops :D

Glittergirl
November 9th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks Girls!!!! You all have been SO supportive even when I have been neurotic about my results...replaying my video and asking a million questions! I was seriously shaking when I went in and I only had a 10 minute time frame cause I was on break and had to drive across town. The two receptionists were anxiously waiting with me till the tech came and signed off that I could find out. They asked me what I thought it was and I said I was hoping girl cause I have 3 boys and they were like "WHAT!!!!???" I guess they thought I had one of each and wouldn't care either way. So the tech came and gave me a big smile (she knew we had 3 boys already) and gave my a thumbs up then they told me it's a girl. I got really teary-eyed and told them I would probably bawl all the way home! I kept calling DH but he wouldn't pick up so I didn't get to tell him for like 2 hours! I had no one to share my news with cause I wanted him to know first....SO....I came home to let you ladies know!
Mocha--thanks! I just know you will hear some awesome news soon--can't wait till you get some great nub shots!
CapricornAquarius--thank you!
PP--I actually stopped at the mall to take a look at girly things. I didn't buy since my 3yo was not being patient but I felt so weird and honored to actually be in the girl section after 9 years of looking at boy clothes. I felt so out of place!
DM--thanks so much, you have been a great source of support!!! I guess you don't owe me $100!

Glittergirl
November 9th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Great news GG. NOW you can celebrate!

thanks--I knew you knew all along from my u/s and nub shot!!

Glittergirl
November 9th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Congratulations GG!!! lovely news! will u tell ur boys?? x

thanks so much! Haven't told anyone else yet...but will tell them if we decide to tell everyone! congrats on your twins--how awesome is that! You wanted twins too I think that is amazing, your instinct knew!!!

Glittergirl
November 9th, 2011, 05:27 PM
GG, that's AMAZING!!!!! I'm so happy for you - you can stop replaying that scan video and get yourself down to the shops :D

thanks Zanacal! Hahaha you are right about that, I am SICK of replaying my scan. I need to hide that thing! not gonna look at it again!

DoulaMama
November 9th, 2011, 05:48 PM
YAY! I hope to use that $100 for girly clothes.... ;) 14 more days til the u/s!! Woohoo!!

Glittergirl
November 9th, 2011, 05:50 PM
YAY! I hope to use that $100 for girly clothes.... ;) 14 more days til the u/s!! Woohoo!!

You will! Or maybe some really nice fabric and lots of lace LOL!

DoulaMama
November 9th, 2011, 06:19 PM
You have to change your siggy, GG!! xoxox

Oh and I would love to buy tons of girly fabric....I would be in heaven!

Mochagirl
November 9th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I know what you mean, GG - the few times I've had to shop in the girl section for gifts or whatever, I feel so out of place, like everyone's looking at me like an imposter. I hope someday I can shop in those sections for real and feel like I belong.

DoulaMama
November 9th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I know what you mean, GG - the few times I've had to shop in the girl section for gifts or whatever, I feel so out of place, like everyone's looking at me like an imposter. I hope someday I can shop in those sections for real and feel like I belong.

I sooo hope so too, Mocha!!! I went into my local consignment shop here in town and had a look at all their cute girlie things....I felt like I didn't belong. It was exactly like you described above...an imposter. The lady that owns the store knows me really well(I was at the birth of her third child)and she approached and said, "Do you know if it's a girl???", all excitedly! I said, "no...just looking"...I felt like an idiot...
I am praying to the gender Gods above that we all get our girlies(and boys). It seems that our November chat is filled with Boy moms...all hoping for a GIRL:) I think we are having some great luck! We need to keep a tally:)

princesssarah34
November 9th, 2011, 08:27 PM
YAY GG!!:cheer: And I would totally feel the same as you shopping in the girl section! :bigsmile:
My hubby says "you know what is gonna happen is we get a girl and it is gonna look like Pepto Bismal threw up in our house!!" :rofl:
I have told him it won't be that bad.....there are other colors we could throw in there you know...not just all pink! To which he said "yeah but your sister aready said that she would take care of all the pink....so you know it is gonna happen!":rofl:
I have just decided to go with boy and be done with it....but it would be a nice surprise!

Glittergirl
November 9th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Mocha--You WILL be shopping in the pink. Exactly how I felt..like an impostor.
DM--I have a similar story cause I saw an old colleague today when I was looking at baby clothes and I quickly left the area. I didn't want her to suspect anything cause I knew she would ask if I know what we're having.
Princesssarah I agree, I wont get too many pink things...I never liked that color much growing up. Lavender is nice right :)?

DoulaMama
November 9th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Mocha--You WILL be shopping in the pink. Exactly how I felt..like an impostor.
DM--I have a similar story cause I saw an old colleague today when I was looking at baby clothes and I quickly left the area. I didn't want her to suspect anything cause I knew she would ask if I know what we're having.
Princesssarah I agree, I wont get too many pink things...I never liked that color much growing up. Lavender is nice right :)?
YES IT IS!! I'm a lover of all colours! I don't like pastels for the most part, but I'm game for most other colours:) I LOVE purples, teals, greens, oranges, red, dark pink(fushia) etc. I love bold colours on kids:) I play with yarn dyeing as well as spinning my own wool, and some of the colours that you can dye wool are incredible!! Oh GG! I'm just so envious that you get to buy girl stuff now!!! I want to, too!!!! Harumph.
I keep getting these great thoughts that all of us on here are going to be in the pink gang...and ladies from IG will be clambering to get over here to see how it's done;) I just get a good feeling about all of us getting our pink bundles~~~ xoxo

DoulaMama
November 9th, 2011, 11:11 PM
BTW, GG what did your hubby say???

begonia
November 9th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I am praying to the gender Gods above that we all get our girlies(and boys). It seems that our November chat is filled with Boy moms...all hoping for a GIRL:) I think we are having some great luck! We need to keep a tally:)

FOR REAL. Clearly my being here gave you all a crapload of pink dust :rofl:

I would SO wish to be in y'alls shoes ... a whole gaggle of boys and one little girl sounds just about perfect to me. I'm thrilled for you GG! Absolutely THRILLED! I knew it from those nubs though. Can't wait to hear what DH and your boys (and that MIL who has been on your case) say :) Congrats!!!

FX we're congratulating Mocha and Zan and Princess soon too! Ingle your nubs looked pretty girly as well. So exciting! Y'all do need to keep a tally. TTC5 started one in the blue sway section so just copy that format for yourselves if you like.

DM, thanks a bunch for the empathy. It's been that bad... actually, the worst has been that I've been SO angry; telling God I never wanted 3 girls, and then I get terrified that yes, somehow I will lose one or more of them :( What a nightmare. GD is a real b*tch. I keep looking at the pics of my girls as babies though and know that once I can kiss the sweet face of DD3 I'll start feeling better. I had a decent day today actually. I don't think I cried at all and that's a win!

Glitter thank you too for understanding :) And FWIW, and this probably comes as no surprise, I have never pinked-out my girls! Our 1st nursery was bright green (I tend to like bold, modern prints) as I thought I could reuse it for either gender :rofl: Seriously, all my stuff from DD1 was almost boy-like because I was so sure I'd have boys!! This one I've picked out a lemon-yellow/white/gray set. Love it. Clothes I still haven't managed to get up the desire to buy but the bedding I did OK with :) I'm sure after all the blue though the pink is more appealing! Have so much fun shopping!

DM you won't be telling DH at all this time either right? Birth surprise for everyone but you?!? How VERY fun! I know if this was a DS I would've held out to surprise everyone for sure.

DoulaMama
November 10th, 2011, 12:29 AM
B- I'm so glad that today was a better day:) I'm hoping you get a lot more of these days....:HH: And before you know it you'll be in labour...and the you'll be holding a new, squishy, little newborn:)

I won't be telling a soul...except 2 of my very closest friends...both live over 7 hours away from me so no chance of it coming out in front of my hubby:) My mom is really thinking this one's a girl and I sooo want to tell her the news in 2 weeks if it's 110% a girl....but I'm nervous she'll let it slip. Although, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't. I don't know....My hubby will NOT KNOW. I am pretty excited to see his face:) And I know that even though I'll know...it'll still be an incredible moment for me too!
Thank you for your sweet thoughts and positivity even though your heart is aching so.....(((HUGS))) B:HH:

begonia
November 10th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Oh DM even though you know I think it's going to be the BEST moment for you out of everyone! Honestly, when your labour is in the worst of it you'll have that sweet secret to keep you going and it's just going to be magic when you see her and hold her and FINALLY have your girl. Maybe you could just hint to your mom that your gut says girl too, and not actually tell her? That's a tough one! Because it would be really fun to surprise her as well :)

Even in the worst moments of GD when I think back to how amazing it was to hold my DD's after birth I can get a smile thinking about holding this sweet one too. The way they look up at you when they are nursing?!?! Magic. Baby girls I do ok with ... it's when they get bigger that I fear them :suprise: DD1 has been such a tomboy since age 2 and so perfect for me; she hasn't worn a dress in 4 years! And I've loved it. Loved letting her wear her Batman rainboots and her camo shorts with her scooby doo shirts :) That was easy for me. DD2 is now hitting 2.5 and is into "fancy" things as she says. Tutus and purple everything and I will say, it's hard for me to get into it because it's really not my thing at all. So I'm keeping FX I am cooking another little tomboy in here :)

DoulaMama
November 10th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Oh DM even though you know I think it's going to be the BEST moment for you out of everyone! Honestly, when your labour is in the worst of it you'll have that sweet secret to keep you going and it's just going to be magic when you see her and hold her and FINALLY have your girl. Maybe you could just hint to your mom that your gut says girl too, and not actually tell her? That's a tough one! Because it would be really fun to surprise her as well :)

Even in the worst moments of GD when I think back to how amazing it was to hold my DD's after birth I can get a smile thinking about holding this sweet one too. The way they look up at you when they are nursing?!?! Magic. Baby girls I do ok with ... it's when they get bigger that I fear them :suprise: DD1 has been such a tomboy since age 2 and so perfect for me; she hasn't worn a dress in 4 years! And I've loved it. Loved letting her wear her Batman rainboots and her camo shorts with her scooby doo shirts :) That was easy for me. DD2 is now hitting 2.5 and is into "fancy" things as she says. Tutus and purple everything and I will say, it's hard for me to get into it because it's really not my thing at all. So I'm keeping FX I am cooking another little tomboy in here :)

Awww...Scooby doo shirts:) I wore those!!! LOL! I was such a tomboy growing up too! Your oldest is 6 right? Mine is six in March:) I really love this age! What does your oldest like to do? I'm really hoping that any girl raised in this house will be a tomboy...but I guess you never know! I was really into horses, the outdoors, camping, riding my bike, etc. I got real dirty but loved it:) My sis was the same:) I'll keep my fingers crossed for a tomboy for you too, Mama!!:HH:

Inglewood
November 10th, 2011, 04:57 AM
thanks so much! Haven't told anyone else yet...but will tell them if we decide to tell everyone! congrats on your twins--how awesome is that! You wanted twins too I think that is amazing, your instinct knew!!!

Lol...my Dh is a twin (has a sister), never thought we would have twins, hadn't ever thought I would!! ahh, will be crazy but fun!!! lol

Inglewood
November 10th, 2011, 04:59 AM

I feel like that too, even shopping for neices b'days and xmas, always felt out of place....They are 7 now and want other things. Bought a dress for under my bed for my sway, that's the closest I've got to girls things for a while!!

Inglewood
November 10th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Morning ladies!!! Can't believe my babies are the size of naval oranges today!! Had a terrible night's sleep and feel so tired today, so a quick tidy aroud the house then a wee snooze....

Hope ur all well? xx

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Thanks, ladies! I'm not a big fan of dressing girls in pink, frilly stuff, either. I love girl clothes in brown with just hints of pink or blue.

purplepoet20
November 10th, 2011, 09:54 AM
I met the sweetest little girl yesterday, while visiting a local farm to order our meat (organic and local). The little girl was crying because her family had moved here from Ohio a week ago and she lost her doll somewhere along the way. Her mom has been looking for a similar doll but because it was handmade by the girls grandma no one has it. I asked if they had a picture and the mom pulled it out of her purse. I couldn't believe it but I told them I have the pattern. One that my great grandma bought when I was a kid. I offered to make a doll for the girl and she came over last night to feel the fabric (trying to match what she had). She looked around my house and asked if I had a girl, I said no, and she said that she hopes I have a girl so I can make her a doll.

I was able to sew the doll in a short time last night and I just delivered it... never been so proud of something as simple as a little 10inch cloth doll.

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 09:56 AM
That's a really sweet story, pp :HH:

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Well, the round ligament pain has definitely started. With this nasty cough I have, all my abdominal muscles or sore, but there's one spot down low on the left near my groin that experiences a terrible sharp pain every time I cough. I was starting to worry I had a hernia, then I realised this was probably just round ligament pain. Luckily after some googling I found a way for a bit of relief. Turns out if you flex your hips (sometimes I actually bring my knees to my chest) before coughing, the pain is lessened A LOT. Thank goodness, because I thought I was going to die the other night when I got a long coughing spell in bed and felt like my abdomen was going to rip open!

A funny story too - my brother and SIL were visiting my dad in the hospital yesterday, and my Mom said that out of the blue my SIL, who I've never been close with, started quizzing my Mom about how I'd lost so much weight (she hasn't seen me since I was still a size 00, right after my BFP). She's a yo-yo dieter and has never found anything that worked and is quite heavy right now. My mom knows why I dieted and even a few details of what the diet was like, but didn't share any info with SIL other than to say she knows I cut out salt and watched what I ate. My SIL told her she was going to call me to get the details. I'm not sure what I'll tell her when/if she calls. I haven't told any family members other than my Mom that I'm pregnant, but I'm 10.5 weeks and will likely tell them all after my scan in a week and half. I don't want any of them to know the extent of my swaying, but am not afraid to say I purposely lost weight because studies show that can help you conceive a girl (they all know how badly I want a girl). My SIL is a strong believer in Atkins type diets - eating almost pure protein and steering clear of all carbs. I even remember her giving me lectures about the 'right' way to lose weight and how carbs are evil and should be avoided. I'd really like to see her face when she hears I lost 20 lbs eating almost nothing but carbs and practically no protein! :bigsmile:

purplepoet20
November 10th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Mocha - that is a good story. sorry about the pain. I wish pregnancy could be easy and pain free because you still have give birth later. The things we women do to give the world the most beautiful thing ever.

I used to wear a belly band. I had a size that was smaller then what I should have been wearing but it helps for the stomach pain.

Flava
November 10th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I met the sweetest little girl yesterday, while visiting a local farm to order our meat (organic and local). The little girl was crying because her family had moved here from Ohio a week ago and she lost her doll somewhere along the way. Her mom has been looking for a similar doll but because it was handmade by the girls grandma no one has it. I asked if they had a picture and the mom pulled it out of her purse. I couldn't believe it but I told them I have the pattern. One that my great grandma bought when I was a kid. I offered to make a doll for the girl and she came over last night to feel the fabric (trying to match what she had). She looked around my house and asked if I had a girl, I said no, and she said that she hopes I have a girl so I can make her a doll.

I was able to sew the doll in a short time last night and I just delivered it... never been so proud of something as simple as a little 10inch cloth doll.

You are so nice this is a sweet story! You should have take a pic !

purplepoet20
November 10th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I forgot the picture. I was in a hurry to get it to her because she was so sad. It was a very simple doll and I am getting my own pattern ready since it has been on hold for so long. I will take pictures of mine when I am done.

Flava
November 10th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Ok I like to see the doll ! You know I wish I can go to a local farmer to get meat.
I think you should change the blue cheerleader to a pink one in your siggi. Look like you cheer for blue!

purplepoet20
November 10th, 2011, 10:57 AM
never thought about the blue cheerleader... I don't care for cheerleaders (sorry to anyone). I wish they had a purple crawling baby!

DoulaMama
November 10th, 2011, 11:15 AM
TGIT(Thank G_d it's Thursday.... ;)) cause I am exhausted:( Oh and Mocha I feel your(RL) pain! It's so frickin bad this time! Every time I stand too quickly, get out of bed, sneeze, cough....ugh!!!! At least my sciatica hasn't kicked in yet....when that hits I'll be a total mess. One thing that I find helps with the RL pain.....if you massage down by the pubic bone where the round ligament attaches....it helps a lot! My chiropractor helps me with the stretching while I'm there...she's one of my favorite people for a few days after;)

PP- Very sweet story:) It feels so nice to do those things for people hey? I love doing the same thing:)

Flava- I'm waiting for the day that I get to make you a sweet little boy blankie!!! xoxo

Z- How the pee situation??? I hope it's starting to subside((HUGS))

OK...so one more name question and I swear not to bother you all again....

We are a definite yes on Rhoslyn Lily....
My MIL's name is(was...she passed 5y ago) Lillian but we always called her Lily.
So, my mom has said a few times, "please don't use my name at all, ok!!!" because she hates her name. Beverley Anne....
Well, I know we will not have any other children and I'm soooo close to my mom, I feel very pulled to use her middle name.

So, I have 1 middle name for all my boys....would it seem like special treatment to give my daughter 2 middle names....am I over thinking this?
Plus, does Rhoslyn Lily Anne sound ok? It's just so odd for me to say 2 middle names....Thank you girls:)

DoulaMama
November 10th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks, ladies! I'm not a big fan of dressing girls in pink, frilly stuff, either. I love girl clothes in brown with just hints of pink or blue.

Ohhh.....me too:) I love bright hints of colour:) My fave colour combo is teal/orange:) I plan on using more colour but not tons of pink. Like P said earlier...I'm not wanting the pepto bismol look in our house:)

Glittergirl
November 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM
BTW, GG what did your hubby say???
He was so happy--like I said, initially he's the one that longed for a DD. But he's so crazy....as I was getting all excited last night, he's like now just remember u/s are not 100% correct and I have had several parents get told the wrong sex (he's a pediatrician) and I said now why did you have to go and say that!!?? Seriously??!! Are you gonna push me over the edge and have me get a million more opinions??! MEN!

Flava
November 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM
DM-thanks!So why don't you use both mom names like Rhoslyn Lilyanne?

purplepoet20
November 10th, 2011, 11:31 AM
GG - No dinner for hubby... but sadly he is right. Even I am worried about the u/s being wrong not only for me but for all the ladies who join these websites in the hopes of having a DG. I wish we could all just think what we are having and have it be true!

purplepoet20
November 10th, 2011, 11:32 AM

That is cool!

Inglewood
November 10th, 2011, 11:44 AM
PP, what a lovely thing u did!!

Mocha and DM, I had terrible spd and the left side of my pubic bone is sore and achy already but dreading the sciatica too! I have it regardless of being pg from time to time, and weight doesn't help!! Will see the physiotherapist in 5 wks for a lovely tummy support! x

Glittergirl
November 10th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Begonia I think you did give us luck with all your pink dust...I too will send lots of tomboy vibes your baby's way :) I had a friend who just gave birth to this tiny little boy and I remember telling her how tiny and sweet he was and i honestly felt at peace having another boy when i saw hers. I think it will help a lot if you have a friend with a new baby girl. Something about newborns being so squishy and helpless. It really put me at peace to have another boy cause being with that baby made me remember how much I wanted another baby so badly.

PP--that is such a sweet story, and if it was me, I would see that as a sign. I see signs in everything LOL!

I think i'm getting sciatica pain lately. It's just this sharp pain that radiates to my left or right butt cheek but not sure what that is.
DM I so badly wanna tell my sisters as I'm close to them but Dh and I said we would wait maybe and surprise the family. So many are coming in for thanksgiving then xmas break. I have told people my gut tells me it's a girl (this was before my u/s) because of my crazy nausea and all. Maybe that's enough for them. I really like the name--Lilly was on our list too. oh and I don't think it's favortism if she gets two middle names. DS1 is the only one with a middle name--got DH's middle name. my other 2 don't have middle names (I'm not a huge fan of them, I don't have one myself and it was hard enough coming up with 1 name) This one may get a middle name since I have so many names in mind now!

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with 2 last names, and those two sound nice together. I also like Flava's idea of combining them.

Inglewood
November 10th, 2011, 11:47 AM
May have solved my car problem??? lol Don't think Dh will be impressed at the price, but I love it!!!
My neighbour just handed in a article from the Guardian.....Check this out!!!!

http://www.multimac.co.uk/4_child_car_seat

zanacal
November 10th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone!

We have a decorator in at the moment (gave up trying to do it myself!) and today was my day off work so I've been absolutely everywhere with DS3 trying to keep out of the way - I could really have done with a nap mid-afternoon though :D Waking for a wee every 1.5 hours is taking its toll! This morning I forgot to re-set my alarm after my 5.30am toilet trip and we all woke up late this morning - apparently DH doesn't get out of bed unless I do!

I haven't had any more 'episodes' DM but a couple of times in the night my bladder was very full and for the first few moments I couldn't quite go. Yesterday after I spoke with my boss I was desperate to go because our meeting had been so long and I had a scary few moments where nothing was happening and I was wondering what I was going to do about it at work! Maybe things are getting a little better but I'm going to keep setting my alarm for a while longer. I'm sure the night time weeing isn't helped much by my lemonade craving but I can't resist!

Telling my boss went well (I can't remember whether I said yesterday or not!) he was happy for me and offered his congratulations straight away. I didn't tell my colleague before she gave him her pregnancy news but I did tell her straight afterwards - apparently when she told him he said 'BLIMEY!' and she was a bit miffed by his reaction and he told her he was happy for her and he'd tell her why he reacted like that in a few weeks (because I asked him to keep quiet for now!).

I'm feeling more and more nervous about getting an obvious boy nub next week. I honestly know I can feel happy with another boy but I'm surrounded by pregnant people at the moment (my sister, my colleague!) and if they all get girls then I will struggle with that - and I'm already feeling like I'll be embarrassed to let everybody on the site know that my sway didn't work.

My biggest two boys have gone to play with a girl from DS1's class today so I've had no school run and they won't be home until 6pm - DS3 and I are sitting on the sofas (pushed together to make a boat!) and we're going to share a pizza! My little man is so, so cute and has made me smile all day so I would never regret making a smaller version of him but .. well, you know!

Glittergirl
November 10th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Lol...my Dh is a twin (has a sister), never thought we would have twins, hadn't ever thought I would!! ahh, will be crazy but fun!!! lol
I would have even loved having twin boys! Something so great about twins!!!!

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 11:52 AM
What's the date of your scan again, Z? I know that with mine just a week and a half away it's all I can think about. I'm sooooo scared to see a boy nub. I do know that if I get a boy I will eventually be ok - I'm just not looking forward to the journey to get there.

purplepoet20
November 10th, 2011, 11:52 AM
May have solved my car problem??? lol Don't think Dh will be impressed at the price, but I love it!!!

http://www.multimac.co.uk/4_child_car_seat

OMG we have been trying to figureout how to put 3 seats in the backseat of our jeep... I wonder if I can get one delivered here!

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 11:56 AM

That is VERY cool - I've never seen anything like that! We're planning to move my twins (who will have just turned 6) into boosters in the back seat of our minivan when the baby's born. I bought harnessed seats that go up to 65 lbs for them and hoped to keep them in as long as possible, but I just don't think I can cope with not only having to do FOUR kids up every time I go anywhere AND have to cram myself into the back seat where there's no door to do up the one ds who's on the inside seat. I think with a booster they should be able to put their seatbelts on themselves. Around here 4 is the norm for switching to a booster, so I think I've done alright keeping them harnessed for 2 extra years. The baby and ds3 will go in the middle row. There'll be no room for extra passengers anymore.

zanacal
November 10th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Very cool Inglewood - love it!

Mocha - I feel exacty the same way. My scan is exactly one week from now - next Thursday! I'm taking DS3 and meeting DH at the hospital then he has to go back to work, so I think DS3 and I will go to Mothercare and maybe buy me some new maternity clothes afterwards.

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I'll be stalking you next Thursday, Z - I really, really think this will be your girl.

zanacal
November 10th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I hope you're right mocha but I'm far less confident!! I'm not sure Thursday will bring many answers but my gender scan is only a month later! If you pm me your mobile number I'll text you if you like :D

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Don't tempt me, Z! :bigsmile: I'll try to be a good girl and wait until you get home to hear your news. At least you're ahead of me for time so I won't have to wait until late at night or anything. What time's your scan?

DoulaMama
November 10th, 2011, 12:30 PM
He was so happy--like I said, initially he's the one that longed for a DD. But he's so crazy....as I was getting all excited last night, he's like now just remember u/s are not 100% correct and I have had several parents get told the wrong sex (he's a pediatrician) and I said now why did you have to go and say that!!?? Seriously??!! Are you gonna push me over the edge and have me get a million more opinions??! MEN!
Hmmm... I know that u/s can be wrong but I seriously think that there is no way a penis could magically appear between those legs! I would not worry at all, GG! You have a GIRL in there!!! Enjoy your pregnancy and buy some girlie stuff!!!

That is an awesome idea!! LOL! I'm not quite sure why I didn't think of that....I really like the combo:) xoxo

PP, what a lovely thing u did!!

Mocha and DM, I had terrible spd and the left side of my pubic bone is sore and achy already but dreading the sciatica too! I have it regardless of being pg from time to time, and weight doesn't help!! Will see the physiotherapist in 5 wks for a lovely tummy support! x
It's horrible hey? OMG I was in so much pain at the end of my last pregnancy. The sciatic pain radiated down my legs into my calves. It takes your breath away.....the pain in terrible. I get it when I'm not pregnant too. I have 30-40 extra lbs on me between pregnancies and it really aggravates it.

Begonia I think you did give us luck with all your pink dust...YES YOU DID! Thank you B:HH:
I think i'm getting sciatica pain lately. It's just this sharp pain that radiates to my left or right butt cheek but not sure what that is.
DM I so badly wanna tell my sisters as I'm close to them but Dh and I said we would wait maybe and surprise the family. So many are coming in for thanksgiving then xmas break. I have told people my gut tells me it's a girl (this was before my u/s) because of my crazy nausea and all. Maybe that's enough for them. I really like the name--Lilly was on our list too. oh and I don't think it's favortism if she gets two middle names. DS1 is the only one with a middle name--got DH's middle name. my other 2 don't have middle names (I'm not a huge fan of them, I don't have one myself and it was hard enough coming up with 1 name) This one may get a middle name since I have so many names in mind now!
That sounds like sciatica. I recommend a chiro experienced in treating pregnant women(the bonus is...it shortens labour and the pushing phase:) The pregnancies that I had chiro care were my quickest births:)). It really helps the pain.
It's so hard to keep it a secret hey? I mean, I don't know for sure yet but I know that once I do have it confirmed I'm going to want to scream it from the rooftops!!! LOL

I don't think there's anything wrong with 2 last names, and those two sound nice together. I also like Flava's idea of combining them.
Thanks Mocha:) xoxo

Hi everyone!
I haven't had any more 'episodes' DM but a couple of times in the night my bladder was very full and for the first few moments I couldn't quite go. Yesterday after I spoke with my boss I was desperate to go because our meeting had been so long and I had a scary few moments where nothing was happening and I was wondering what I was going to do about it at work! Maybe things are getting a little better but I'm going to keep setting my alarm for a while longer. I'm sure the night time weeing isn't helped much by my lemonade craving but I can't resist!

Telling my boss went well (I can't remember whether I said yesterday or not!) he was happy for me and offered his congratulations straight away. I didn't tell my colleague before she gave him her pregnancy news but I did tell her straight afterwards - apparently when she told him he said 'BLIMEY!' and she was a bit miffed by his reaction and he told her he was happy for her and he'd tell her why he reacted like that in a few weeks (because I asked him to keep quiet for now!).

I'm feeling more and more nervous about getting an obvious boy nub next week. I honestly know I can feel happy with another boy but I'm surrounded by pregnant people at the moment (my sister, my colleague!) and if they all get girls then I will struggle with that - and I'm already feeling like I'll be embarrassed to let everybody on the site know that my sway didn't work.

My biggest two boys have gone to play with a girl from DS1's class today so I've had no school run and they won't be home until 6pm - DS3 and I are sitting on the sofas (pushed together to make a boat!) and we're going to share a pizza! My little man is so, so cute and has made me smile all day so I would never regret making a smaller version of him but .. well, you know!
Awwww.....that sounds lovely Z:) :HH: I know what you mean. Those special moments make you realize that it'll all be ok in the end:) I'm glad you're having a nice day with your little one.
I'm happy that it all went well with your boss:) Another thing crossed off the list! Soon it'll be scan time!!!! YIPPEEE!!! And I know that no matter what we say you'll still stress out before your scan...I was a complete basket case. I took the wrong road....got there late...almost peed on the floor as my bladder was about to explode. And then the butterflies got so bad that my nausea returned full force. I was a mess. I will be hoping and praying that you see a girlie nub. I was 110% expecting to see a boy nub. I admit that on the way there(and I'm a bit embarrassed to tell you all this) I kept having day dreams of seeing a girlie nub on the screen and what my reaction would be. I thought about the feelings I would have....I am an optimist for the most part and those little visions kept the hope alive. I hope beyond hope that you get that Z and Mocha:HH:

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I had sciatica in my last pregnancy too. It was not fun - walking up and down stairs was horribly painful, and I probably scale the stairs in my house about 500 times a day!

zanacal
November 10th, 2011, 12:46 PM
No worries Mocha :D My scan is at 11.20am. Yours is the following Monday right?

DM - that's another thing, I'm not even going to attempt to go in to my scan with a full bladder because we all know where that leads me at the moment!!

I have very bad round ligament pains this time around as well (though I did with DS3 and possibly with the others too!). Sometimes in bed at night I roll over and I'm literally frozen with pain on one side or another and sometimes at work it's hard to disguise when I cough or get up too quickly and it's AGONY!! The worst thing was when I was pregnant with DS2 and my coccyx was sore. I've no idea exactly what was wrong with it (except I was so HEAVY!) but I could barely sit down for the last few months. I either sat on a special stool or a gym ball at my desk at work. It basically went after I'd lost some of my baby weight.

I'm reading something in to everything at the moment. I always sleep on my left hand side but lately I'm really enjoying sleeping on my right hand side - I never sleep on my right hand side usually. You see, I've officially lost the plot!!

DoulaMama
November 10th, 2011, 12:54 PM
You might find that the bladder issue will be totally resolved before your u/s. I'm not 100% sure but if your bladder isn't full, will it affect the scan? I know with a tilted uterus they want you to have a full bladder because it can affect the u/s as the uterus is farther away than normal....I'm no u/s expert though....

DoulaMama
November 10th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I believe in signs and dreams:) If this child has blonde hair and looks like the girl in my dream....I'll serious be a believer of visions for the rest of my life.

Flava
November 10th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I believe in signs and dreams:) If this child has blonde hair and looks like the girl in my dream....I'll serious be a believer of visions for the rest of my life.
ehhh not so cool for me I only have dreams with baby girls!!

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I once had an u/s tech tell me that the full bladder only really matters with women who carry a lot of extra weight. They told me that because I'm smaller it doesn't make much of a difference. Since then I don't take great effort to have a full bladder, though I don't pee right before the scan or anything - I just don't drink all the water they tell you to. I'll bet with all that weight you lost you won't need your bladder really full, either, Z.

DoulaMama
November 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I once had an u/s tech tell me that the full bladder only really matters with women who carry a lot of extra weight. They told me that because I'm smaller it doesn't make much of a difference. Since then I don't take great effort to have a full bladder, though I don't pee right before the scan or anything - I just don't drink all the water they tell you to. I'll bet with all that weight you lost you won't need your bladder really full, either, Z.
Ah ha! Thank you M:) Learn things everyday! xoxo

zanacal
November 10th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I think you need to forget that I ever lost any weight .... :D I'm sure it'll be fine if I have a cup of water from the machine in the waiting room as I'm fairly sure my bladder is always full! Last week when I had my scan I had a drink in the car on the way as the midwife told me to but we had to wait 45 minutes for my appointment and during that time I went to the toilet 3 times and re-filled after each visit - I was still desperate when we came out and then had to get DH to stop the car on the way home so I could wee 'al fresco'!!

zanacal
November 10th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Hey, I made it to 12 weeks :D

zanacal
November 10th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Oh and I keep hoping I'll have a 'sign' in a dream but I NEVER dream about babies or pregnancy - I rarely even dream of my boys! I just dream weird stuff :D

DoulaMama
November 10th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hey, I made it to 12 weeks :D

YAY!! Congrats Mama!!!
xoxo I love the milestones! I'm excited to make it to 18w next week:)

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Congrats on 12 weeks, Z!

purplepoet20
November 10th, 2011, 02:39 PM
12wks is awesome.... and so much closer to a u/s when you can see you little love!

zanacal
November 10th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys! We'll tell the boys once we have the photo to show them so I'm really excited about that :D

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I think I'll tell my boys after my scan too. My youngest won't understand, but my older boys will. I'm looking forward to that too.

DoulaMama
November 10th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Awww!!! I keep forgetting that you guys haven't told your children!!! How exciting!! I can't wait to hear their reactions!!

My oldest keeps telling me that if it's a girl, he's gonna scream like this, "AHHHHHHHH!!!!" at the top of his lungs!
I keep reminding him that it will most likely scare the baby(he'll be in the bedroom for the birth) so maybe he should save that for later once he's outside:) LOL

Inglewood
November 10th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I'm 15wks today!!! love milestones too....

I had a dream about a week ago that it was girls and I made them zoom in to prove it!! I usually dream about baby boys, so I woke up stunned!! x

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Has anyone tried the baking soda pee test? I know all these old wives tales are bunk, but I need something to keep myself busy until my scan. Apparently if the pee fizzes when it hits the baking soda, it means you're having a boy, if it's quiet it means a girl. It's been a while since I peed on anything, so I tried it...it was silent for me. Anyone else want to join me just for fun (particularly those of you who are pretty sure you know what you're having)?

DoulaMama
November 10th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Mocha- just tried it. It fizzed like crazy! Kinda made me nervous!!!

Glittergirl
November 10th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Has anyone tried the baking soda pee test? I know all these old wives tales are bunk, but I need something to keep myself busy until my scan. Apparently if the pee fizzes when it hits the baking soda, it means you're having a boy, if it's quiet it means a girl. It's been a while since I peed on anything, so I tried it...it was silent for me. Anyone else want to join me just for fun (particularly those of you who are pretty sure you know what you're having)?

I'll try it! I have nothing to obsess about for the next day or two until I start doubting again and obsessing and playing my scan over again so Yes I will do it and give my results! Wait do you pour baking soda in the toilet and pee or in a paper cup and pee?

DoulaMama
November 10th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I poured the baking soda into a bowl and then peed into bowl. Warning... Mine stunk!!! LOL

Mochagirl
November 10th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Yep - I did mine in a bowl. Since yours fizzled and we all know you're having a girl, DM, I'm not going to read anything into the fact that mine didn't make a noise.

zanacal
November 11th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I think it's to do with acidity and if done in early pregnancy might indicate how acidic you were when you conceived and therefore whether you might be having a boy or a girl - of course if you were on a girl diet to make you acidic before you conceived then you switched back to your normal diet when you got your BFP that's not going to be a very good indication of what your pH was beforehand!

I'm coming down with a rotten cold. I think I'm going to send DH out for a nice hot curry for our dinner tonight to clear the airways! I've also had a stabbing pain in what feels like my left ovary all day - it's not really bad and I don't feel it every moment but it's not going. Should I be worried about that? I know I had a corpus luteum cyst on that ovary and I've read that if that gets too big in pregnancy it can cause problems - but I'm probably only thinking that because I read it very recently!

DoulaMama
November 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Yes! No overthinking the pee;) I thought about all the old wives tales and gender charts for this(all said boy)for awhile and I'm glad I didn't put too much stock in them:)

Z- are you really sure it's not RL pain? I get mine in the same spot and it can be a piercing, sharp pain that lasts all day...and then the next day my belly has grown!! Just a thought! xo

zanacal
November 11th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Yeah it very well could be - it's just weird for me that it's in the same spot all day long. Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow!

Glittergirl
November 11th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Ok just finished doing the test. Nothing happened. I poured the baking soda in a cup then peed on it....it didn't do anything.

Weirdest thing is I wake up with bad cramps at night...kinda like I have to go to the bathroom but I don't have to. Anyone else experience this. It got me worried last night, but I feel baby kicking so that eased my nerves a bit. It only happens in my sleep, bad enough to wake me up. In fact it made me have dreams of searching for a bathroom cause I have to go so bad1 Then i wake up and go...and nothing. Maybe I need to stop sleeping on my stomach. I start out on my side, but somehow end up on my belly.

DoulaMama
November 11th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Hmmm...it's not gas? I get the same thing...but then I roll over and let all that trapped air out(my poor husband;)) and feel better right away. It could still be from stretching uterus too. It's kinda the same as the afterpains after birth...the more births, the worse they are. Or constipation...hmmm trying to think of what else it could be...

Glittergirl
November 11th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah it's just this bad feeling like i have to poop (sorry tmi) really bad....like I have diarrhea. BUt when I get up to go , I'm fine. Last night it was so bad I kept dreaming that I was searching for a toilet and couldn't find one LOL! Then I woke up to the bad cramps. I really thought I was getting sick. After a bit of walking around I felt better. No gas, nothing. I feel like it's from sleeping on my belly or something. I just naturally end up on my belly. If I'm awake and go on my belly it's really uncomfortable so I guess when i do it subconsciously my body/or baby is telling me WAKE UP!

DoulaMama
November 12th, 2011, 12:11 PM
GG! I woke up last night with the same feeling. I was flat on my tummy...hmmmmm. I'm usually on my tummy but with one leg kinda propped up to stay off the belly so it totally could have been that. Do you have one of those body pillows? I think I'm going to dig mine out today:)

Glittergirl
November 12th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Yeah that may be it....DS1 sleeps with my body pillow :) I think I'm gonna buy a new one because I really think the bad cramps are from me accidentally rolling onto my belly and baby saying I don't like that :)
I went online to look for names last night. I was on for over an hour and couldn't find one that DH and I agree on. I told you my SIL took our name we had picked out like 13 years ago, but I'm over that name now. Time to fall in love with a new name. I'm so excited cause I'm about to go the airport and pick up my mom and grandma. I haven't seen my mom in almost a year and I haven't seen my grandma (her mom) in 5 years! (she's over seas). I think I'm gonna spill the beans! I just may announce what we're having. Everyone has been so excited for us and they are here to celebrate my Bday, my sister's wedding, thanksgiving, Xmas, all the fun stuff and my sisters are here so it just makes sense that I announce it. Maybe they will go shopping with me. Dh told me to do whatever I want. I'll let you all know how that goes! Hope you all have an awesome weekend!

DoulaMama
November 12th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I am so thrilled for you! Your post made me smile from ear to ear! How exciting for you and your family!!! xoxoxo

princesssarah34
November 12th, 2011, 08:53 PM
GG I hope you tell everyone!! I would be busting at the seams to tell family and friends about it!!!
DM I see that your scan is the 23th just 3days before mine!! Just 2 more weeks!

I have been really down lately and not waiting to post much lately....I am following everyone tho!
I just keep thinking that I am not gonna see a heartbeat on the 26th....I know it is kinda stupid but I can't
help it! I am having a real hard time thinking that is pg is gonna be a good one. I keep thinking when did I feel the boys move...will I feel this baby move soon....is something really wrong? I hate it I really really hate it.

zanacal
November 13th, 2011, 03:32 AM
I'm sorry princess, I've been thinking of you at random moments and hoping you're ok! Has the bleeding stopped now? I think it's way early to be worrying about whether there are movements or not. {hugs}

Mochagirl
November 13th, 2011, 06:36 AM
princess - I'm sorry you're so stressed. I'll be praying all will be well at your scan, then you can relax and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.

princesssarah34
November 13th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks Ladies........My spotting had stopped but started again this morning...I will be calling my Dr. in the morning. I just don't know what to think anymore. I hope it is nothing but.....I have a bad feeling these days. Don't mean to be a downer ladies.
Hope everyone else is well.

zanacal
November 13th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I'm sure it's hard to think positively with that going on princess, but it may really not be a problem with the baby causing the bleeding. I know your doctor said there was nothing he could do and you were waiting for a scan at the end of the month - but I do hope he'll consider getting you in for a scan now because this is torture for you. More {hugs}

Mochagirl
November 13th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I agree - your doctor should let you get a scan ASAP, especially since you've had a loss before and that makes you more anxious. :HH:

Glittergirl
November 13th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Sorry You're down Princess. ((HUGS))! Is it just light spotting here and there? I had some light spotting at 10 weeks with DS3 and my doc wasn't a bit concerned, especially if there are no bad cramping. Will they at least get you in for a heartbeat check to put your mind at ease? I will be thinking of you. As for movement, I wasn't feeling anything up until just recently and it's only like flutter-like feelings. I was so concerned and my doc said that it's normal and all depends on baby's position and placement of the placenta. but I know how you feel cause I still don't feel the strong kicks I felt with the other three by this time in my pregnancy, and that worries me at times. hope you are feeling better and I'll check in to hear your good news!

Mochagirl
November 13th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Hey ladies - I've now started spotting. Nothing dramatic, but I definitely saw pink when I wiped. I still have a terrible cough, and (TMI) I wet my pants all the time when I have a particularly bad coughing spell. I also have lots and lots of ew-type cm. Could the violent coughing be causing the spotting? I've never spotted in any of my pregnancies, but my midwife at my appointment last week said that spotting when you wipe should never be a big worry - just if you have blood dripping down your legs...so I'm trying not to worry.

Mochagirl
November 14th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I'm starting to get scared here. What started as pink when I wiped is now red and almost heavy as a light period day. I wore a pantiliner to bed last night and it soaked through. I can feel it coming all the time just like a period. I have very slight period-like cramping, but my muscles are so sore from coughing all the time that it could just be that. I just paged my midwife and am waiting to hear back from her.

Indira
November 14th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Oh Mocha how scary, I hope your midwife will get back to you very quickly and that you get some good news very soon.
Meanwhile Iīm thinking of you, hugs :HH:

purplepoet20
November 14th, 2011, 09:07 AM
princess and mocha... Sorry about the issues, I hope everything turns out ok.

Mochagirl
November 14th, 2011, 09:16 AM
My midwife got me an u/s for tomorrow at 8:30am. It's going to be a loooong day. The way she put it, it's just a waiting game at this point. Even if I see a heartbeat tomorrow, if I keep bleeding this much I may still lose the baby. She said the u/s just gives you a snapshot of this moment in time, but I said I still wanted it because if the baby is already gone I want to know so I can start to grieve and move on.

tweedledeedum
November 14th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Oh, Mocha, try and rest if you can. I find that resting and doing as little lifting as possible really reduces/slows my spotting. I was filling panty liners with reddish blood before my ultrasound and all was well. Try not to worry, relax and rest. Take care, big hugs.

Mochagirl
November 14th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I just found 2 small blot clots when I wiped - about the size of raisins. I'm also definitely having period-like cramps now. I don't think this is going to end well.

zanacal
November 14th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Oh no mocha, I'm so sorry this is happening. I know you're thinking the worst but I'm crossing everything that it'll be fine tomorrow. Remember my sister soaked through 2 sanitary towels in a matter of hours and everything was ok so I'm staying positive for you but sending you so many hugs in the meantime.

Mochagirl
November 14th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks, Z. I've soaked through many pantiliners. I went out and bought some real pads, and hopefully I won't soak through those. The clots scare me, as do the cramps. I've never spotted even a bit in either of my other pregnancies, and that combined with the fact I haven't really had any pregnancy symptoms this time around makes me feel I'm going to hear bad news tomorrow.

zanacal
November 14th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I hope with all my heart that you don't hear bad news. I forgot to mention that my sis also had period cramps. I was telling her how sorry I was even before she had her scan! I hope you're able to put your feet up today x

purplepoet20
November 14th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Mocha I hope you hear good news tomorrow. 11wks is long enough to become attached to your little lime. I will keep praying and wishing the best for you.

DoulaMama
November 14th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Oh no! :( I'm so sorry Mocha. You must be so scared:( I do know of many women that go through this and have carried to term. I will be hoping and praying for your little one. Lots of rest, stay hydrated, and tell your baby you need him/her to stay with you, if they can. Lots of love~ xoxo

Mochagirl
November 14th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I just put ds3 down for his nap and I don't have to pick my older boys up from school for 2.5 hours, so I'm going to make some tea, lie down and finish the book I've been reading.

princesssarah34
November 14th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Mocha I am so sorry to hear you are going thru all this! Mine is nothing compared to yours! Thinking of you! :bighug:

I only spot when I wipe and it is pinksish red at first a then dark brown (like old blood) I am still scared but I am trying to stay calm though it all.
I hope everyone else is well!

Inglewood
November 14th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Mocha, hope ur scan shows that all is well! Glad it's an early scan and ur not waiting all day! Keep us posted, rest and I'm thinking of u. x

Princess, thinking of u too and hope u are resting and ur scan dates flies by..... x

CapricornAquarius
November 14th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Mocha i really hope everything will be ok :hug2:

Mochagirl
November 14th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks, ladies. The bleeding has almost stopped now - just slight spotting when I wipe. I wonder if the clots this morning were from me overexerting myself hauling groceries, etc.? I'm trying to keep a realistic balance of hope and realism so I won't be floored if I hear bad news tomorrow morning.

begonia
November 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Mocha FX the spotting goes away never to return. I really hope all is well!

Glittergirl
November 14th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Mocha--I just got on and I saw your posts. :hugs: So sorry you're going through this. the over exerting can definitely cause the bleeding. :fingers: Fingers Crossed that everything will be fine at your scan tomorrow!

princesssarah34
November 14th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Mocha I am praying for you that tomorrow bring goodnews!!

So I am sitting here reading all the lovely posts and I keep getting a weird feeling down in my lower tummy. It is very faint but it almost feeling like tiny tiny bubbles popping or a tiny thump feeling....it doesn't happen very often. Now the weird part is everytime I feel this sensation it makes me a wee bit nauseous. With all of my pg's when the boys would move it would make me so nauseous......so I am sitting hear wondering if that is what I am really feeling?? I have always felt my boys early on (except Evan) but I always felt them by 16 weeks....I will be 15 in just a few days.....or f you go by the measurement of the baby at 12 weeks...baby measured 12 weeks 4days....I will almost be 16 weeks.

Mochagirl
November 15th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Hi ladies. I'm fairly positive my baby's gone. I was up all night with strong contraction-like pains and bled extremely heavily the whole time, with many many fist-sized clots. My midwife said I might as well just cancel my u/s, but I think I need the closure of seeing that there's nothing in there anymore. I'm feeling numb about the whole thing right now. This is hard after nearly 3 months of pregnancy and being so close to the 12 week point. I really never even imagined I was still at risk. The midwife thinks the baby probably died long ago and is just being expelled now. I guess that might explain why I had no pregnancy symptoms.

Flava
November 15th, 2011, 08:05 AM
OMG Mocha I just read this Im so very sorry for you .I cry now so sad...I think your midwife is right the baby was gone days ago...:sad:
I know exactly how you feel I lost 1 baby at 15 weeks! (it don't help that on the top of that Im thinking it was a boy)
Who would think you loose a baby at 15 weeks right?I was screaming in he hospital I want my baby back...
You are not alone we are all here for you and we have a pregnancy loss forum...
I hope you recover soon and you can try again. I't is hard to think of that now...
Take your time...:bighug::hug2:

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1941/1941642lcap19c91k.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

begonia
November 15th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Oh Mocha, hun, I got on this am specifically to check on you. I didn't expect this; I too was thinking you were in the clear. I am so sorry this is happening. Big hugs to you love.

nuthinbutpink
November 15th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I'm so sorry, Mocha.

Mochagirl
November 15th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I just had my u/s - the baby is definitely gone. The sacs still there, though - praying it gets expelled naturally so I won't need a d&c.

Indira
November 15th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Oh Mocha, I canīt believe this, I am so so sorry :HH:

Out of the Blue
November 15th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Oh, Mocha...My heart is in my throat. I am just in disbelief and it's like someone just punched me in the stomach and I can't breathe. I am so sorry. Know that you are in my T&Ps. I wish somehow that my words could bring you some peace. :HH:

tweedledeedum
November 15th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Oh, no, I'm so so sorry to hear this, Mocha. There are just no words...

zanacal
November 15th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Mocha - I'm sat in the car outside the school and I logged in to check on you. I'm devestated for you, I really can't believe it. I don't know what to say, really I don't. I'm sending you so much love at this awful time. I'm so sorry xxx

DoulaMama
November 15th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Oh Mocha :tissue: I just can't believe this is happening to you. I am so sorry you have to go through this pain:( Its just not fair! You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you recover and heal, easily and quickly. Tons of love coming your way, M xoxo We are here for you~

begonia
November 15th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Praying for you Mocha.

purplepoet20
November 15th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I'm so sorry Mocha. It is very hard because you fall in love so fast. Wishing for the best in the future!

Mochagirl
November 15th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I've had several good cries and am trying to look to the future to help myself heal. We're definitely going to TTC again - I'm just trying to decide whether to do it right away or wait a couple of cycles as my midwife recommends (I'm leaning towards waiting for one period before TTC). I'm dreading going on the diet again. I think I'll wait a week or so since I'm sure I'm super low on iron already after all that bleeding, so it's probably not a good time to start starving myself. I'm back up to 123 lbs after being 109 when I conceived (I was 128 pre-diet), so I want to lose some weight before TTC.

Although last night was very traumatic, at least I had a sense it was coming. It would have been worse to go to my 12 week u/s next week with no doubts as to the health of my baby and see no heartbeat. I also feel blessed that I already have 3 beautiful, healthy children. Hugging and cuddling them is helping a lot. :HH:

Glittergirl
November 15th, 2011, 12:25 PM
:sad: Mocha I am so sorry for your loss. I don't have the words, but those of us who have had a loss can relate to your pain. Take time to heal. We are all here for you, thinking of you and your family.

Glittergirl
November 15th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I've had several good cries and am trying to look to the future to help myself heal. We're definitely going to TTC again - I'm just trying to decide whether to do it right away or wait a couple of cycles as my midwife recommends (I'm leaning towards waiting for one period before TTC). I'm dreading going on the diet again. I think I'll wait a week or so since I'm sure I'm super low on iron already after all that bleeding, so it's probably not a good time to start starving myself. I'm back up to 123 lbs after being 109 when I conceived (I was 128 pre-diet), so I want to lose some weight before TTC.

I'm happy you are not giving up and going to try to conceive. I conceived this baby the cycle after my miscarriage and Atomic told me it sways pink. I kinda stopped the diet and just tried to get pregnant as I was very down and depressed about my loss.

princesssarah34
November 15th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Oh Mocha I am so sad to hear this this morning!! I thought about you all night!

I had started spotting again but bright red this time....all night long. It has seemed to stop at the moment and is brownish again. I was so upset and thought of you Mocha going thru the same thing. I will be calling my dr again today. I just wish it would stop either way. If I lose this baby now there is no more trying for me....I can't go through the stress and heartache again.

Mochagirl
November 15th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I'm sorry you're still bleeding, princess. I'm praying everything's ok with your sweet baby :HH:

ELP
November 15th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Oh no ladies :( I'm so sad for you Mocha and my prayers are with you and sarah xxxx

purplepoet20
November 15th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I will never go to the store on an empty stomach again... I ate 1/2 of a chicken everything but the white meat. I feel so bad right now. I drank a bunch of fiber after so I hope it helps. I am such a boy mom!

begonia
November 15th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Oh Princess keep us posted, FX all is well for you.

Mocha I'm glad to hear you'll TTC again! Cuddle those babies for sure :) SO many virtual big hugs for you.

Inglewood
November 15th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Mocha, I have just logged on and I am so so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you and sure you'll know when the time is right to try again. xx

Princess, hope ur ok too? has the bleeding stoppped today?

princesssarah34
November 15th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Princess, hope ur ok too? has the bleeding stoppped today?

So far yes....it is back to brown spotting. am wait to hear back from the dr. office....I am hoping they will either give me an u/s or let me come in and hear a heartbeat...this waiting is hard! I am just sitting here praying that either is something is wrong it will just be over a done with now instead of this teasing....or that if everything is fine it will just stop and go away and I can carry on with this pg and enjoy it!

Inglewood
November 15th, 2011, 03:06 PM
So far yes....it is back to brown spotting. am wait to hear back from the dr. office....I am hoping they will either give me an u/s or let me come in and hear a heartbeat...this waiting is hard! I am just sitting here praying that either is something is wrong it will just be over a done with now instead of this teasing....or that if everything is fine it will just stop and go away and I can carry on with this pg and enjoy it!

When will they get back to you? today? I would be like you, just wanting to know what was going on to move on either way. But I do hope all is well...thinking of u and hope u even get an appt to hear the heartbeat.

ladybug
November 15th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Mocha.....I am so sorry for your loss....I just logged on to check on all you ladies and was stunned to read of your loss...my thoughts and prayers are with you....I understand exactly how you feel....I am starting to TTC again in Jan, I had to let my body recover from the methotrexate shot I had.....Altho I dont know how I much I will sway cause I only have 1 tube.....I truly hope and pray you get your BFP right away with your pink bundle of joy...My heart hurts for you...Cuddle your sweet boys, it helped me so much....Hugs

Princess I hope your bleeding stops and you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy....fingers crossed!

princesssarah34
November 15th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Well I heard back for my Dr. and I am to call in a hour or so back to the office and make a appt with the receiptionist for Thursday....hopefully I can get in in the morning. My bleeding has stopped...it is just a brownish stain now when I wipe. The bleeding never did "run" down my leg which I took as a good thing...but still it super scary for me.

zanacal
November 15th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Fingers crossed for Thursday Sarah, I'm thinking of you.

Mocha - you haven't left my mind all afternoon, I hope you're getting lots of cuddles from your gorgeous boys (including the grown up one!). How is your DH? Sending more love your way ...

ladybug - It's so good to see you, all the very best for ttc in January.

Mochagirl
November 15th, 2011, 04:38 PM
DH is sad, as is to be expected - but I think he's more worried about me. He had to go to work today after my appointment, and I'm sure he had a hard afternoon lecturing to his students (he's a prof) while dealing with this news.

princesssarah34
November 15th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Awe Mocha my heart is truly sad for your family. I remember well the feels that went with it. I don't care how far along any one is in pg...the loss it heartbreaking. To be a mother and lose a child at anytime in life is heart wrenching! My thoughts are with your family today.:hugs:

Well the Dr. office just called me back and I will be seeing the Dr. tomorrow morning at 9:30 am! Only downside is he is at the specialty clinic tomorrow and they don't have a ultra sound machine..but I am hoping he will get me scheduled for one. I am glad though to at least hear a heart beat tomorrow or so I hope!!:fingers:

Mochagirl
November 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning, princess. :HH:

CapricornAquarius
November 15th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Im so sorry Mocha for your loss, i cant even begin to imagine what that would be like :hugs:

Inglewood
November 15th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Off to bed, but will log on tomorrow princess to see how u got on. x

Glittergirl
November 15th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Thinking of you princess! I will log on to check on you--sending positive thoughts your way!!!!

begonia
November 15th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Yes, Princess, can't wait to hear ... do post as soon as possible!

Mocha I bet that was hard on DH! Poor fella!

tweedledeedum
November 16th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Good luck princess!

Out of the Blue
November 16th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Princess, I'm tossing up prayers for you and your LO like confetti. You have been and will be in my T&Ps...:HH:

DoulaMama
November 16th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Mocha- not sure if you're checking this thread or not, but wanted to tell you I've thought about you constantly, hoping that you're alright. Huge hugs, Hun xoxo

Princess- I hope to hear happy news in a bit:) Good luck, xoxo :HH:

DoulaMama
November 16th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Z- One more day :) I'm excited for you, Hun xoxo Im starting to get nervous about mine. Not so much about gender but more because I rarely feel movement. I really hate anterior placenta placement:( doesn't help my pregnancy anxiety.

Mochagirl
November 16th, 2011, 12:03 PM
DM - I'm still here. I'm too emotionally involved with all of you now to abandon you! Besides, I'm stalking Z for her scan tomorrow...:bigsmile:

I've already started to plan my next attempt, which is helping a lot. I'm planning to try after af arrives for the first time. I'm really hoping for a September or October baby!

zanacal
November 16th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Thank you all, I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I can!

Glittergirl
November 16th, 2011, 04:18 PM
DM - I'm still here. I'm too emotionally involved with all of you now to abandon you! Besides, I'm stalking Z for her scan tomorrow...:bigsmile:

I've already started to plan my next attempt, which is helping a lot. I'm planning to try after af arrives for the first time. I'm really hoping for a September or October baby!

Oooo a Fall baby! My favorite time of year. DS has a fall birthday like me and I love it! So happy for you!

Princess--thinking of you and can't wait to hear good news.
Z--can't wait to hear about your US!!!!

princesssarah34
November 16th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Well ladies.........so far I still have a baby!! The spotting has stopped for now and my Dr. has said moderate bed rest....make hubby do it all!! Which he already does now! We still are not sure why I was spotting at all. Dr. said it could be part of the placenta pulled away for the ut. wall. But that the only fix for that is well bed rest and time. As long as I am not bleeding and it running down my leg or cramping.....we just sit back and take things easy. So right now I am hoping and praying that I have no more spotting!!

Mochagirl
November 16th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I'm so happy you heard good news, princess!

purplepoet20
November 16th, 2011, 04:34 PM
princess... that is great news. Now go lay down and rest!

tweedledeedum
November 16th, 2011, 04:39 PM
That is great news! I am still spotting every couple days too - I just try not to worry and rest, rest, rest. So glad to hear it went well!

zanacal
November 16th, 2011, 04:55 PM
That's wonderful Sarah!

DoulaMama
November 16th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Yay! So glad to hear everything is ok!!! Rest, rest, rest!! xoxo

Tweedle- I hope the spotting stops for you, Hun xoxo

Out of the Blue
November 16th, 2011, 05:04 PM
YAY, Sarah! :cheer: XXXXX!!!

Tweedle, I'm sending lots and lots of good thoughts your way!:HH:

:wave: hi everyone else! Can't wait to hear back from you tomorrow, Zan!

begonia
November 16th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Yay Sarah!

begonia
November 16th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Oh and can't wait for tomorrow Zan; FX you get a great nub shot ... either way it is so lovely to see that sweet bean so I hope you enjoy the scan :)

princesssarah34
November 16th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I will be stalking for your scan Z!!

Inglewood
November 17th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Fab news sarah!! and Z GL today, off to bed after nightshift, but will pop on later!! xx

Flava
November 17th, 2011, 10:05 AM
princess -great news! take lot's of rest!

So Z is having a scan? Im so stalking...

zanacal
November 17th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Hi ladies

Gotta be quick as I need to get to the school!

The scan went very well and baby was very wriggly and sweet. I didn't see a nub on the screen but I think there are some in the photos and I've posted on the ultrasound board. I really feel it's a boy and when I look at the photos I think it looks boy too (though it's not that obvious on the actual photos!). I thought I would be fine with this but I'm sat here thinking I could cry. I feel really guilty as it was such a sweet looking baby and I'm so very lucky we're healthy. I really must go now or I'll be late! Talk later x

Out of the Blue
November 17th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Just checking in and stalking...Continuing to send PINK VIBES your way, Zan!!! :cheer:

:hug2: to Princess and Tweedle. :HH:

:wave: to the rest of you!!!

Out of the Blue
November 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Zan, I must have posted right when you did...XXX Just allow yourself the feelings you're having b/c if you start feeling guilty about your feelings, you'll consume yourself. I know...easier said than done but I was going through the same thing & she turned out pink in the end! Your bub could very well be pink but if for some reason she's not, that cutie-patootie was really meant to be! You couldn't have swayed any better so you did EVERYTHING you could have done! I'm still thinking she's pink, Zan! :HH:

Mochagirl
November 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Z - absolutely do not feel guilty for whatever you're feeling. GD is a crazy beast - we all know exactly what you're feeling. I haven't looked at your scans yet (and honestly I'm crap at interpreting them anyway), but even if you do have a boy this precious little guy must have REALLY wanted to be part of your family if he managed to be created despite your perfect sway. I'll still send you pink vibes (remember nubs can be misinterpreted), but I'm sure if it's a boy it's because someone up there decided you're such an awesome boy mom that this baby needed YOU to be its Mom. I'm sure this baby, boy or girl, will be destined for great things (I'm thinking future Prime Minister). :HH:

Mochagirl
November 17th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Ok, now I feel the fool. After looking at your u/s thread it seems almost everyone thinks you have a girl. That's veeery exciting!!! Either way, though, this is going to be one fabulous baby!

Flava
November 17th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Z-don't cry that baby sure look like a girl to me!! Super cute too!

zanacal
November 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Thank you ladies x I'm sure everyone is just being kind to me because I really, really feel boy and the photos aren't good. I suppose at least I didn't see a big willy floating around on the screen!!

Thank you for your lovely words mocha. I will adore another little boy, I know that, but it's just the finality that if it's a boy I'll never, ever have a daughter because 5 children is so completely off the cards. I'll just have to wait another 4 weeks to find out for sure. I'm really wishing it wasn't possible to have even a clue from the 12 week scan!

DoulaMama
November 17th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Zan, if I truly felt boy, I would say it:) If it was obvious, the ladies here wouldn't lead you astray and get your hopes up for nothing- I think you have a 50/50 chance still-exactly the same as before we saw the pics! Don't be down, Mama:HH: I think you're going to get a great surprise in a months time:bigsmile:

Mochagirl
November 17th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Z - believe me, I know. It'll be the same with me - 5 is our absolute max so it will be a big, scary finality if I end up having a 4th boy. It sounds like you still have a chance at a girl, though - keep those hopes up!

DoulaMama
November 17th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Mocha- How are you feeling, Hun? Do you go back for another scan soon? I've been thinking of you and hoping that your body does what it needs to do without any help. Lots of love coming your way~~~ xoxo

Mochagirl
November 17th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I'm doing alright, DM. I made the mistake of walking through the baby department at Zellers yesterday, and that was tough...but otherwise I'm too busy with my 3 boys to really dwell on it much. My midwife didn't think I'd need a second scan, but she sent my u/s results to my family doctor and he called me personally to check on me and said he'd like to order me a second scan for early next week. I'm going to go for peace of mind and so I can be sure my body will be ready for a new baby. He also wants me to come in for a check-up and blood test and I think I'll do that too. I know it will make dh and my Mom feel better if I get a clean bill of health before trying again.

I've already started back on the LE diet, and it's been a surprisingly easy transition. I think maybe because I've done it before and know all the ins and outs. I've already lost 5 lbs - 3 lbs seem to have just been from the m/c itself (there were a LOT of huge blood clots). My stomach is already flat again, which is weird after so many months of bloating and having to hide my belly.

DM - since you're so knowledgeable - what are your thoughts on when it's safe to try again? I know that the cycle immediately after a m/c strongly sways pink, and apparently I can O as soon as 2 weeks from now. Of course it's very appealing to make our attempt then and be done with the diet and everything by Christmas if I get my BFP...but I don't want to do that if it significantly increases my chance of another m/c. Should I wait for my first period instead? The problem is, that might bring my attempt to Christmas/Boxing Day and we'll be sharing a room with all 3 kids at my in-laws after a full week of eating meat and other no-nos.

DoulaMama
November 17th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Mocha- I'm going to ask a bunch(5,000 midwives, doula's, etc)of very knowledgable women and get back to you, ok? I know a bit but having never gone through this I feel more comfortable asking women with experience. I'll get back to you by tonight:) xoxo
I do know one lady personally who lost her baby at 19w:( She had baby and bled for about 10 days after, and then ovulated about 3 weeks later. She got pregnant(with a girl)on that cycle and everything was fine. Baby is 5 now:) xo

zanacal
November 17th, 2011, 12:52 PM
You've been in my thoughts too Mocha xx

I was actually going to ask this question for a friend this evening about when it's ok to try again. She had a miscarriage this week (she was 6 weeks) and her midwife has said to wait a cycle but she made it sounds as though that was only so they could date the pregnancy. She wants to try again sooner but only if it's safe.