PDA

View Full Version : My sway in brief and a question about multi-vitamins potential to wreck my efforts 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mums
January 17th, 2018, 08:09 AM
I’ve been on a multivitamin and didnt even realize it may hurt my sway :-(

I did notice that there is NO potassium in this multi which I vaguely recall potassium being one to steer clear from? So maybe it’s not as bad as I’m thinking?! 😥

Vit a 2500IU
C 30mg
D 800IU
Vit E 15IU
B6 2mg
Folic 400mcg
Vit b12 9mcg
Biotin 1000mcg
Calcium 100mg
Phosphorus 55mg
Iodine 40mcg
Zinc 2.5mg

I was also in the throes of 2 health crisis! High blood pressure which we had to keep adjusting meds for and I had found a lump in my breast the day of my positive opk (turned out to be clear) and we dtd two days later.

I don’t take my vits regularly at all but I know I’ve been taking them the last month

Aside from that I’m just not sure about this sway lol

Naturally girl friendly (GBG) - never eat breakfast and I’m addicted to diet beverages
Sleep like crap
Always stressed from being home with 3 kids and homeschooling them 🤣 lol
My house is a mess
I have zero organization skills
I forget everything
I feel devoid of energy most days lol

I did have some dark chocolate before I ovulated ... I can’t pinpoint the date tho haha of course

We only had sex once and it was after my positive opk. Like 57 hours after 😂 somewhat of an oooos. I had let go of the idea after the health scares and he didn’t tell me that he “released” until hours later and I was totally caught off guard 😂😂😂😂

Throwaway_panther
January 17th, 2018, 08:14 AM
So the standard rec for TTC girl is to just take folic acid or folate and avoid a prenatal. For what it's worth, I was on a prenatal for months and months before my DD (I even was taking a probiotic and DHA shortly beforehand, too). But I was also living a very extreme LE diet otherwise, so that could have helped counteract it (especially since nutrients from food always trump nutrients in supplement form).

You always have a chance for your desired gender, and you sound pretty pink to me otherwise. I don't know your calorie or macronutrient intake (since I personally think those are a big factor).

Either way, I am so very happy to hear the breast lump wasn't an issue! That's so scary!

And if I'm understanding correctly, ARE you pregnant then? If so, congratulations! And get on that prenatal if you can :)

Mums
January 17th, 2018, 08:21 AM

I have early faint positives I’m 13dpo and got another this morning

Things have been so nutty with the blood pressure drama and trying to regulate my numbers which are still wonky that I don’t really know how many of the vits I’ve even taken lol

I do know that I eat like total crap. Always have. I rarely eat a full meal. Usually it’s a chew and screw scenario or eat the other half of my kids sandwich and grab a handful of pretzels or Hershey kisses to try and stay upright ha!

Breakfast makes me sick so I avoid it at all costs haha

I don’t drink water like I should
I’m a pretty bad example for my kids actually lol

Mums
January 17th, 2018, 08:26 AM
My cm was pretty much gone this time too. My ewcm days were behind me and. I really didn’t think I had a shot at all. Ewcm was gone for at least 2 days. Didn’t use preseed (got my only son with that stuff lol)

Hahaha

Mums
January 17th, 2018, 08:28 AM

ksmom
January 17th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Congrats! There's always a chance at pink, with or without swaying. Good luck!

Mums
January 17th, 2018, 11:24 AM
I’m mega upset with myself over this silliness lol

I don’t know what causes this gender obsession with me because I don’t seem to care until I’m pregnant lol then it’s like nonstop questioning every single thing I did before getting pregnant

Trying to retrace my steps and remember what I ate leading up to the deed lol

I feel like a crazy person

I was dealing with newly diagnosed hypertension and was trying out different supplements in an attempt to regulate my readings.

My damn ob was like you NEED to be on a multi vit before you get pregnant - thanks for that lol

Mums
January 17th, 2018, 01:05 PM
In retrospect: I was also on a course of amoxicillin

I finished it before the deed and ovulation but ahhhh I’m so irritated that I missed that - bummer

This is what I get for a loose sway haha

So basically it looks like a super boy friendly sway and oh well lol

Que sera, sera lol

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2018, 03:14 PM
It has nothing to do with potassium. Research indicates that higher intake of nutrients across the boards sways blue and so that's why I don't recommend them for pink sways. People have gotten girls while taking them, of course, because there are no magic bullets, so don't give up hope just because you took one, it's just that I can't recommend them for pink sways.

I can't tell the gender of baby you're going to have based on anything you tell me - just is beyond my ability to know. I'll just send you pink dust!!

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2018, 03:16 PM
I’m mega upset with myself over this silliness lol

I don’t know what causes this gender obsession with me because I don’t seem to care until I’m pregnant lol then it’s like nonstop questioning every single thing I did before getting pregnant

Trying to retrace my steps and remember what I ate leading up to the deed lol

I feel like a crazy person

I was dealing with newly diagnosed hypertension and was trying out different supplements in an attempt to regulate my readings.

My damn ob was like you NEED to be on a multi vit before you get pregnant - thanks for that lol

Well, for future reference ACOG (which is the OB/GYN organization) says you don't need to be on them before pregnancy.

There is a set of ladies I encounter who do exactly this so don't beat yourself up over it. It is why I try to keep people swaying, because it seems to be some sort of trick some of our brains play on us where before we conceive we have little/no preference and then once we see that pee stick we are overanalyzing everything.

Mums
January 17th, 2018, 03:24 PM
Well thankfully I’m really bad at remembering to take meds and it wasn’t a regular thing and certainly not for an extended period of time haha

There were a few days in a row where I was good about it and then thanks to adhd I moved on haha

I was missing like 4 potassium and magnesium pills total so they were short lived and the dha was the same, 4 missing and they are of the non fish oil variety

I’m normally very unhealthy haha but that one week or so lol

Mums
January 17th, 2018, 04:14 PM
Ahhhh also just realized I was taking yet another no no supp hahaha

Doomed I suppose

I was taking calclium carbonate chews instead of citrate

Abandon all hope hahaha

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2018, 04:49 PM
One week doesn't make or break a sway for anything. That's why we do these things for 6-12 weeks in advance is because just a week or two doesn't work.

Mums
January 17th, 2018, 05:55 PM
did I read/understand correctly about stress? I’m NOT a type A stressor at all. Lol my life is a mess with no system / organization whatsoever. But I worry a lot. Always have. Health anxieties. A couple days before ttc I was convinced I was dying when I found that lump. I was in a very low place emotionally. And before that I was diagnosed with hypertension which also sent me spiraling.

My only son was a pre-seed baby with a TON of attempts

My girls were a combo. 1st was wild and crazy as we were newlyweds on a mission haha

My last baby, my other girl was a one attempt after my most abunndent ewcm was gone a couple days

I really should just be happy lol and learn to let things happen as they happen but I feel stupid for not caring when we were ttc and now it’s this crisis!!! Lol

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2018, 06:19 PM
It's not being type A, it's being a control freak, and worrying/anxiety is (believe it or not) a control freaky thing. Those of us who have a hard time relaxing and going with the flow and that kind of thing.

But here's the deal. You already have 2 girls, so it may be that your setting is pink-friendly naturally anyway. Worrying about it now isn't going to change anything. So try to let go and roll with it. No matter what you can't lose!