PDA

View Full Version : Licorice spice tea?

strawberrybella89
January 19th, 2018, 04:36 PM
This Facebook group I'm in is swearing that licorice root pills and tea drank by mother is getting everyone girls! Is this safe to take? I have some licorice spice tea that my wife drinks for stomach problems would that be ok to drink? Main ingredient is licorice root

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2018, 06:01 PM
DO NOT ever ingest licorice when TTC. It is proven to cause developmental delays (possibly as bad as fetal alcohol syndrome) when used during pregnancy and we do not know how long the effects last after stopping it, or how long it stays in your system. Very risky business. Eating Lots of Black Licorice During Pregnancy Is As Bad As Binge Drinking, Researchers Say - Health (http://www.health.com/pregnancy/licorice-pregnancy-risks)

Aside from that, since licorice is supposed to raise estrogen anyway, that is supposed to in theory sway blue.

strawberrybella89
January 19th, 2018, 06:03 PM
DO NOT ever ingest licorice when TTC. It is proven to cause developmental delays (possibly as bad as fetal alcohol syndrome) when used during pregnancy and we do not know how long the effects last after stopping it, or how long it stays in your system. Very risky business. Eating Lots of Black Licorice During Pregnancy Is As Bad As Binge Drinking, Researchers Say - Health (http://www.health.com/pregnancy/licorice-pregnancy-risks)

Aside from that, since licorice is supposed to raise estrogen anyway, that is supposed to in theory sway blue.Oh wow! I do not think those girls know that or they probably wouldn't be doing it!

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2018, 06:11 PM
I tell as many people as I can and have had it listed several places on the site for years, but yeah I hope anyone who was aware would not be doing it. Sometimes people get so desperate they will do anything for the sake of a sway.

strawberrybella89
January 21st, 2018, 01:41 AM
I tell as many people as I can and have had it listed several places on the site for years, but yeah I hope anyone who was aware would not be doing it. Sometimes people get so desperate they will do anything for the sake of a sway.Would it be ok to have a few cups far from attempt? I have a sore throat and the sore throat sleepy time tea has licorice root in it

atomic sagebrush
January 21st, 2018, 11:32 AM
Yes a small amount here and there is fine, it's when you use it in medicinal amounts that it is an issue.

strawberrybella89
January 21st, 2018, 11:57 AM
Yes a small amount here and there is fine, it's when you use it in medicinal amounts that it is an issue.Ok good to know thank you!