PDA

View Full Version : What are my chances at having a girl if I don't do the LE diet?

Kiyoshi
January 22nd, 2018, 12:22 PM
I'm 25 and have 1 son. We want to add another child to our family and I'd love a girl. Her name is already chosen... I've been trying to do the LE diet since mid December, but it's not working. I cheat sometimes but mostly follow it. I haven't lost any weight. I'm 5'2 and 145lb. I definitely have weight to lose. It won't budge.

Along with that, I don't like coffee and cannot get it down. I'm nursing my son still, but trying to wean and I don't believe that sways anyway.

I have clomid, 100mg. So that's all I have on my side. I can still do the one attempt, rather than many.

Should I be prepared for another boy?

MrsEnglish
January 22nd, 2018, 12:50 PM
Hi!

I'm no expert here, but just adding my 2 cents. Eating fewer calories has been shown to sway girl, but there have been studies showing that vegetarian diet sways girl on its own as does not eating breakfast (skipping breakfast is ideal, but I think as long as it is low carb and low sugar that would be okay). So IMO even if you can't lose weight, if you go vegetarian and don't eat carbs or sugar for breakfast, that would still sway girl.

I think you should be prepared for another boy though, because even with the best low - tech sway, you can get the wrong gender.

If it interests you to read more:

https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/boy-or-girl-the-answer-may-depend-on-moms-eating-habits/

BBC News | HEALTH | 'More girl babies' for vegetarians (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/869696.stm)

p.s., I didn't drink any coffee when I had my girl

4blue2pink
January 22nd, 2018, 01:05 PM
ive conceived two girls without swaying and 1 girl and 1 boy with pink sways, you always have a chance at either gender :) swaying ups your odds but isnt a 100% guarantee. do what feels right for you, good luck and pink dust :)

ksmom
January 22nd, 2018, 02:33 PM
If you have weight to lose and it's not coming off with regular LE then switch to the PCOS version. It's 1500-1800 cals like regular LE but with 50-60g protein, 60g fat, full fat dairy only, no skim! Carbs will come from mostly whole grains and fruits. Low carb veg are free.

All that being said, you can get a girl even without swaying. You only have one boy so you may not even be set for boys anyway like those of us with 3+ boys are.

vnmora100
January 23rd, 2018, 11:52 PM
Hi!

I'm no expert here, but just adding my 2 cents. Eating fewer calories has been shown to sway girl, but there have been studies showing that vegetarian diet sways girl on its own as does not eating breakfast (skipping breakfast is ideal, but I think as long as it is low carb and low sugar that would be okay). So IMO even if you can't lose weight, if you go vegetarian and don't eat carbs or sugar for breakfast, that would still sway girl.

I think you should be prepared for another boy though, because even with the best low - tech sway, you can get the wrong gender.

If it interests you to read more:

https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/boy-or-girl-the-answer-may-depend-on-moms-eating-habits/

BBC News | HEALTH | 'More girl babies' for vegetarians (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/869696.stm)

p.s., I didn't drink any coffee when I had my girlGood knowing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2018, 06:34 PM
I can't tell anyone what their chances are. But we can fiddle with the LE Diet to see if it works better for you.

You will need to switch from refined carbs and sugar over to whole grains and fruit and vegetables for your calories. At the same time increase intake of protein and fat to 50-60 g per day, and keep your overall calorie count the same. I suspect you're a little bit insulin resistant and so not only will this help with weight loss but it's actually going to be very much better for your sway if you do it that way.

Weight loss is NOT the key to LE Diet, anyway. You can do LE Diet and get the benefits from it without losing any weight at all.

Breastfeeding does indeed sway pink and I urge everyone to continue doing it as long as they'd like to.

If you don't like coffee, don't drink it. It's no magic bullet and people get girls without it.

Clomid is among the best of the best sway tactics there is (if not THE best) so that's great! You may want to start off on 50 mg because you should take the lowest amount that makes you ovulate. Over time you will need to add attempts but start off iwth one.