PDA

View Full Version : Testosterone and Aspartame

Ohdeer
January 24th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Hi I have a couple of questions I hope you don’t mind answering. The first is about testosterone. I know the diet should lower it naturally but are there any tips for how to help with decreasing it? I know spearmint tea is supposed to help but is there anything else? Or big things to avoid?

My second question is about aspartame. I am worried that this might increase blood sugar or be bad for people with PCOS. Have seen conflicting evidence so would appreciate your solid opinion.

Thanks so much

ksmom
January 24th, 2018, 12:02 PM
We don't even know that testosterone sways blue. As for the tea, I would avoid it altogether as it may sway blue. We have not had good results with spearmint/peppermint tea. I think the artificial sugars are okay with PCOS but do so in moderation. Some people consume crazy amounts of it and Atomic has theorized this may sway blue.

Ohdeer
January 24th, 2018, 01:32 PM
Thanks for your reply. I often get confused about how PCOS might change things. For example, apart from lowering testosterone I thought spearmint tea was shown to have a good effect on insulin resistance. So is it good to take because that outweighs the possibility it might sway blue?

I never drank diet drinks before but have started having one a day just incase but then I read that they might affect blood sugar badly after all. I think the answer might be to stop googling! But it’s hard with insulin resistance to know what is bad sometimes. I used to think skim milk was the best thing for it but am changing a lot of my opinions now the more I read on here

SuttonBailey
January 25th, 2018, 12:38 PM
We don't even know that testosterone sways blue. As for the tea, I would avoid it altogether as it may sway blue. We have not had good results with spearmint/peppermint tea. I think the artificial sugars are okay with PCOS but do so in moderation. Some people consume crazy amounts of it and Atomic has theorized this may sway blue.I am curious as to what crazy amounts would be...I'm trying to have the diet thing down before I even come close to making an attempt. All I've drank for the last few weeks is 2-3 bottles of Crystal Light a day, but if that's too much aspartame I could cut back.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Hi I have a couple of questions I hope you donÂ’t mind answering. The first is about testosterone. I know the diet should lower it naturally but are there any tips for how to help with decreasing it? I know spearmint tea is supposed to help but is there anything else? Or big things to avoid?

My second question is about aspartame. I am worried that this might increase blood sugar or be bad for people with PCOS. Have seen conflicting evidence so would appreciate your solid opinion.

Thanks so much

Keep in mind that we don't even know testosterone does anything at all for swaying. It was a theory, but even though you'd think it would have been easily tested, it never really was adequately investigated and several things have cast doubt onto the entire concept such as women's personalities have been tested and do not even seem to correlate to testosterone, and Clomid raises testosterone and yet still sways pink. So don't get too hung up on this.

What we do know is that getting really "control freaky" about swaying and hunting down every lead, looking for the secret 11 herbs and spices that will "lower testosterone" (all of which have OTHER side effects that may or may not sway or be safe!) so people end up undermining their sways due to control-freakiness in a hunt for something that "lowers testosterone" when we really have nothing other than speculation as to whether testosterone even does anything. (not to mention the safety factor and that we don't even know how these things all sway - herbs have many other components/effects other than testosterone and any of these could potentially sway via another mechanism. for example, an herb that lowers testosterone but raises blood sugar, or something like that...you may lower your testosterone but you sway blue anyway because it also raises blood sugar!)

Thus, I think it is best to focus on doing what has seemed to work for most people most of the time which is LE Diet plus coffee, fiber, and alcohol, exercise, one attempt, and Clomid or Femara if you can get them. If you MUST do something for "lowering testosterone" spearmint/peppermint tea OR saw palmetto are ok and we've seen enough people using them that even though I don't think they work, they don't seem to sway blue, either.

Aspartame doesn't raise blood sugar. It's fine for people with PCOS in moderation which is 2-3 servings per day.

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2018, 03:41 PM
I am curious as to what crazy amounts would be...I'm trying to have the diet thing down before I even come close to making an attempt. All I've drank for the last few weeks is 2-3 bottles of Crystal Light a day, but if that's too much aspartame I could cut back.

No that's fine. There are people on some sites that are drinking gallons a day with additional equal packets mixed into it.

SuttonBailey
January 29th, 2018, 03:44 PM
No that's fine. There are people on some sites that are drinking gallons a day with additional equal packets mixed into it.Yeah, definitely crazy compared to my few bottles. Thank you!

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Thanks for your reply. I often get confused about how PCOS might change things. For example, apart from lowering testosterone I thought spearmint tea was shown to have a good effect on insulin resistance. So is it good to take because that outweighs the possibility it might sway blue?

I never drank diet drinks before but have started having one a day just incase but then I read that they might affect blood sugar badly after all. I think the answer might be to stop googling! But it’s hard with insulin resistance to know what is bad sometimes. I used to think skim milk was the best thing for it but am changing a lot of my opinions now the more I read on here

The thing with diet drinks and blood sugar is this - people notice that they get super hungry/shaky after drinking them which causes them to eat more. So while it does not actually raise your blood sugar level, it kind of tricks your body into thinking that you've eaten something when you didn't, so you end up experiencing extreme hunger pangs and it makes you more likely to cheat on your diet (I have experienced this myself personally on numerous occasions!!) Aspartame does not raise blood sugar. Aspartame & Diabetes Myths | Joslin Diabetes Center (http://www.joslin.org/info/correcting_internet_myths_about_aspartame.html)