PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic pregnancy

mummy2boys
January 27th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Hi ladies. I'm currently 6 weeks 2 days pregnant and I've been told it's most probably ectopic. There was nothing in my uterus at the scan and something suspicious near my right ovary. I'm going back for repeat bloods tomorrow and then they will decide on surgery, medication or waiting to see if my body resolves it itself. My hcg is only 267 and I am absolutely sure of my dates so I know it's not just too early. I'm devastated and wanting some hope or reassurance that I will be able to conceive again but in the right place. Has anyone been through anything similar? I had a miscarriage in July too. I'm 41 so feel like I don't have much time left. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksmom
January 27th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Just wanted to say I'm so sorry. :heart: I do know one woman that had an ectopic and she want on to have two healthy kids after that. I'm sure there are other ladies here that have been through the same so hopefully they share their experiences.

LMSM
January 27th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Just sending you lots of :hugs:
I’m so sorry:( I hope that if it is an ectopic it can be as quick and “easy” procedure as possible so that you can move on to ttc ing again. There is no reason why you couldn’t, it just will depend on the path of treatment chosen as some require longer waiting that others before it isn safe to ttc again.
Many thoughts and positive vibes for a healthy Bub in the very near future for you

Pbn3
January 27th, 2018, 09:19 PM
Oh no mummy2boys [emoji22] I am so very sorry to see this [emoji174] Biggest hugs! This is so unfair [emoji22] I hope they are able to resolve this quickly for you. I do believe that if they advise medication to assist you will not be able to fall pregnant for a period of time (3 months comes to mind but its possibly longer?) I am sure they will discuss all your options with you and go with the safest. My heart goes out to you, this is just devastating. Big hugs again and please pm me if you need someone to talk to [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

LMSM
January 28th, 2018, 12:36 AM
YES Pbn, the Methrodexate (sp?) treatment requires usually 4-6m before ttc again, as it could harm a new baby s development so hopefully another treatment will be available!!!
:hugs:

Filzma
January 28th, 2018, 03:19 AM
So sorry to hear this Mummy2boys. I hope the intervention they take is quick and means you can begin ttc asap. So glad you caught it on time.
Lots of hugs and sending positive thoughts your way. <3

mummy2boys
January 28th, 2018, 05:45 AM
Thanks ladies. I've started bleeding quite heavily this morning so I'm hoping it's resolving itself without the need for medication, as you say it's 4 months before I can try again if I have that. I have to go tonight for my blood tests and hopefully they will go down. It feels very strange to do a test and want the line to be fainter. It has been a very worrying few days.

christiedavies66
January 28th, 2018, 11:39 AM
I am so very sorry . I had an ectopic feb 14th 2014 I was 10w2day and nobody could understand how I got to that many weeks with no major complications. They were going to remove my left tube and ovary but as I was ready for theatre my hcg level started to drop so it showed my body had done what it needed to do . I then got pregnant with my 2nd son 2 month after ( I know you should wait longer but it happened ) he is now 3 and healthy[emoji4] xx

mummy2boys
January 28th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Thank you Christie, it's great to hear a story with a positive outcome! Gosh it must have been a very scary time for you at 10 weeks!

Mommy2apples
January 28th, 2018, 05:43 PM
Mummy2boys same as pbn, if you need to talk you can email me at mommy2apples3912@gmail.com so heartbroken you are going through this.

6/2003 [emoji1349]2/2009 [emoji1407] 12/2012 [emoji1349]4/2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] The Lord Answered my [emoji1317] 2017🤰due June 2018, with a [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into our crazy bunch! [emoji7][emoji8]

netti02
January 28th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Sorry to hear this mummy2boys.

Mamma to 6 boys, dreaming of pink one day

atomic sagebrush
January 31st, 2018, 02:40 PM
Yes we have had several people on here who have gone through ectopics and had a healthy pregnancy afterwards.

I'm so sorry and hoping that this resolves easily for you. :heart: