PDA

View Full Version : Early positive OPK? ugh!

Blessedbymybabies
January 29th, 2018, 08:11 PM
So my OPKs have been pretty consistent in when they are positive the past couple months. I know here everyone believes timing doesnt work but My plan was just as my preference (just in case!) have a cut off of max 2 days with one attempt. I just finished my period a day ago (day and a half?) and I didnt test yesterday with an OPK just cuz I thought it was early why waste it. I usually start day 2 or 3 and get my positive shortly after (My surge comes just days after my period) For some reason it just nearly a positive today (a day after my period!). By just nearly, I mean it is very dark, where it looks like it may be positive by tomorrow or even tonight .
Im really confused in what to do now, I dont want to waste this month because I didnt get my two day cut off since it doesnt always work anyway (I dont feel sold either way on this but was really hoping to have that anyway), so I think I will just try to have my one attempt. My issue is, when do i have my attempt? It could even be possible that my surge happened and now its just getting lighter (the opks) and I missed my surge since I didnt test yesterday? Either that or my surge could come tomorrow which then I will BD forsure if thats the case. I dont want to have more then one attempt and Im scared if I dont BD today then I would have missed my chance if im ovulating now, maybe I can catch it. If thats the case is it even recommended for girl sway BD after ovulation? Not sure why my ovulation is so screwy like that coming so early, I hope it doesnt affect anything.

Also wondering if its possible for the OPK to stay this dark for another few days until my regular ovulation is expected, but then if i did it now I would have made my attempt too far away to conceive,
I duno, I guess its always something! Thanks for any help!

atomic sagebrush
January 31st, 2018, 04:40 PM
If it is your preference that is totally fine, I just like to make everyone listen to the opposite argument before deciding, that's all. :)

I think I may have answered this in another thread but you can't always tell based on previous months what your OPK will do. So it may be that you aren't going to get a true positive for a couple days still. It is totally possible to dance back and forth from dark to light again and it's equally possible that it stays this dark for a few days before finally sealing the deal.

Sooo, as for when to attempt, what CD are you? (realizing that most of this has already transpired, but for future months if you're in the same dilemma) If you're CD 10 I'd have attempt. If earlier than that it's not that likely that you'll O much before CD 10 and I'd assume it's a faker. Now, if you have had attempt CD 10 or earlier, that's still fine, wait another 4 days (and since you're not seemingly in a huge hurry I'd do this in the Monday/Friday pattern of e4d...not those specific days but in that pattern) and then continue having attempts since you may not be sure if you've Oed or not. That way if this is not a real OPK you can still have another attempt and will be less likely to miss the month.

Blessedbymybabies
January 31st, 2018, 08:01 PM
Hi Atomic! I know these things are so time sensitive so sometimes people just throw things out there to see if we happen to get an answer in the minutes/hours they are needed or not hahah When I had posted this on the 29th, I was on CD 12! My period came Jan 19. I wasnt sure if my OPK would stay as is for a while or instantly get positive, but thats resolved now, I got an extremely clear positive yesterday! So i guess it was a real surge. I didnt even know that it could go back and forth so thats good to know for future.

The night I had posted I got scared to not have an attempt (not knowing it can go back and forth) because didnt want to miss it and lo and behold I got my positive shortly lol So We did BD that night (Jan 29) and I got my positive opk in the evening of the 30th, so I'm hoping i ovulate very very soon so I dont miss this one and it doesnt take 48 hrs. since 1) Weve been DTD alot (just not "attempting". So I duno if that lowers sperm count too much. and 2) I went against my better judgement and used Rephresh again. I was so tempted to DTD on my +OPK because I do want to get pregnant badly (We didnt!), and was nervous because last month I said I would drop Rephresh but I decided for some odd reason to use some on the 27th, just to kind of get my CM in check (I notice it really does cut down my CM) and i figured I still have days until O but of course... It came earlier then expected lol I just did one good squirt not the whole application so Im hoping it doesnt hinder it. (Last month I used every drop and I swear its why I didnt concieve lol)

Anyways, what can you do! heres to hoping! Its awesome to have advice I guess these things are really just go with the flow no matter how you hard you plan! I will keep posted with i hopppe a BFP! Thanks

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2018, 01:25 PM
Well, if you used the RepHresh on the 27th and didn't attempt till the 29th it was long gone.

FX and tX for BFP this month!