PDA

View Full Version : TTC boy - update - It's a girl!

vnmora100
February 15th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Hello this is a long shot, my DH wants TTC next year for a boy, I was TTC this year.as of right now how soon should I prep my self to sway more blue if there's a bfp with the HE diet and supplements, my husband and I do the pull out (tmi) just an fyi.I'm 29 DH is 28. I do know the older age the difficulty it may to be pregnant or TTC a boy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ksmom
February 19th, 2018, 10:18 PM
28/29 is so young, I don't know why you think that's old! lol DH and I conceived DS3 at age 29 and plenty of women here have had boys in their 30s!!

dancingdiva88
February 19th, 2018, 10:28 PM
I conceived DS (my sway) at 28 and DH was 30. We both followed the sway tips and HE diet for just over 3months before trying for DS. Fell first go.

Throwaway_panther
February 20th, 2018, 05:44 AM
??? You're not even remotely older age. MAYBE after 35 you could start worrying, but even then, fertility doesn't actually decline as much as people think until nearer 40.

The HE diet is recommended for at least 6 weeks, but longer is better (provided you don't put on too much weight with it).

I wouldn't recommend using the pull out method, fyi. It has a very high failure rate. I myself have gotten pregnant from it a few times, including when my husband wasn't even close to completion -- preejaculate carries sperm, too.

dancingdiva88
February 20th, 2018, 06:24 AM
Panther! How are you??!! I just read your signature. I'm sorry there was only 1 normal embryo to use. Did you implant even though it wasn't blue?

vnmora100
February 20th, 2018, 10:55 AM
28/29 is so young, I don't know why you think that's old! lol DH and I conceived DS3 at age 29 and plenty of women here have had boys in their 30s!!I'm sorry. Didnt mean to offend anyone.I'm very new at this TTC, and attempts.I was just wondering why my husband and I haveny gotten a bfp and we have been hoping for it to happen

ksmom
February 20th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Oh no you didn't offend me! I was just pointing out that your age is young and so there's no need to worry about it! How long have you been TTC? If you're not actively TTC and just doing the pull out method then that's probably why you haven't conceived.

vnmora100
February 20th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Oh no you didn't offend me! I was just pointing out that your age is young and so there's no need to worry about it! How long have you been TTC? If you're not actively TTC and just doing the pull out method then that's probably why you haven't conceived.Ok that makes some sense.Its been a year now, and we did use BC before, and i assumed once I was off BC I would be able to get a bfp pretty fast or soon. So than nothing really happened and we decided to hold off. So I been doing some HW and of course google brings out the worst of it.and now for the past 5months I been following atomic and all the ladies here to give some advice and positives

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2018, 03:41 PM
Hi! The nice thing about blue sways is that you can start them in advance as far as you want!! Do HE Diet, lift weights, take multivitamins, etc and they are all good as far in advance as possible. Just tailor your diet so you don't gain any weight for now!!!

BTW the "older parents have more girls" idea applies only to those in their very late 30's to 40's and even then it's a very minor thing. You are at an ideal age for pregnancy! :)

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2018, 03:44 PM
I'm sorry. Didnt mean to offend anyone.I'm very new at this TTC, and attempts.I was just wondering why my husband and I haveny gotten a bfp and we have been hoping for it to happen

If you give me a rundown of everything you're doing I'd love to go over it and see if there's anything we can tweak to boost odds of conception!!

I had boys at 37 and 39 so I promise you got this covered at 28! We just need to see what is going on that's making it hard to get pregnant here. :)

vnmora100
February 23rd, 2018, 01:54 PM
If you give me a rundown of everything you're doing I'd love to go over it and see if there's anything we can tweak to boost odds of conception!!

I had boys at 37 and 39 so I promise you got this covered at 28! We just need to see what is going on that's making it hard to get pregnant here. :)Thank you atomic.
I have been taking vitamins: woman's 1a day, folic acid 2000mcg and fish oil. I eat cereal every morning or just breakfast in general. A banana almost every day with breakfast or as a snack. I also eat carrots for a snack and sometimes chips or an orange, I try to snack in general. I drink a cup of tea or maybe a cup of coffee in the AM, but i prefer hot chocolate the most.my husband and I go to the gym and do weights. My menstrual cycles are about 1week long. I do have bottles of cough syrups like the robitussen but have ent really used it before BD. My Dh is all for having a boy.

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2018, 05:38 PM
None of those things are going to cut odds of conception, really. What I'm wondering about are things like douching, egg whites, Shettles timing, any medications your husband is on - things that may cut odds of conception.

vnmora100
February 25th, 2018, 06:54 PM

I had boys at 37 and 39 so I promise you got this covered at 28! We just need to see what is going on that's making it hard to get pregnant here. :)Also I usually drink whole milk or 2% with cereal. Or should I jump on the vitamin D wagon?

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2018, 12:16 PM
I like all my blue swayers to be taking 1000 IU Vit. D - either in your multivitamin or separately.

Can you tell me more about things like timing, douching, herbs you may be taking, anything that may be cutting chances of conception?? Diet should not be preventing you from conceiving, we need to focus on things that you or hubby may be doing that could be reducing your fertility.

vnmora100
February 26th, 2018, 07:06 PM
I like all my blue swayers to be taking 1000 IU Vit. D - either in your multivitamin or separately.

Can you tell me more about things like timing, douching, herbs you may be taking, anything that may be cutting chances of conception?? Diet should not be preventing you from conceiving, we need to focus on things that you or hubby may be doing that could be reducing your fertility.I have yet to try douching im very hesitant how ot works but I want to. Just not sure how and where to buy it online or in store.my dh doesn't take anything, hes supportive but not when it comes to his end.I just ordered some opk's I haven't been following the shettles method at all, I was just hoping I would just get a bfp since we havent been using protection. And I haven't bought amy fertility strips. Im guessing this woulf be a good start with.Again I'm so very new at this

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2018, 02:30 PM
NO DON'T douche! That was not what I was suggesting! The reason I asked is because douching can make it much harder to get pregnant so I wanted to tell you to NOT douche since you are having a bit of trouble conceiving. Do NOT douche, very few people on this site use that.

So you have just been having attempts at random? (that's totally ok, just trying to understand what is going on and help you get pregnant more quickly)

vnmora100
March 1st, 2018, 11:20 AM
NO DON'T douche! That was not what I was suggesting! The reason I asked is because douching can make it much harder to get pregnant so I wanted to tell you to NOT douche since you are having a bit of trouble conceiving. Do NOT douche, very few people on this site use that.

So you have just been having attempts at random? (that's totally ok, just trying to understand what is going on and help you get pregnant more quickly)Thank you again! I would say 3-4times a week we do the BD, and more so we do the BD near when my CD starts. There are times I do O and if I don't we BD again in the same day so I O (sorry TMI). I was thinking taking a tbsp of guafenisin before we do the BD to make it easier for the semen to get in faster to reach the egg.I dont follow when my ovulation window is near or the day Im most fertile.should I be watching for that? I do have an app bit I'm not so sure about how accurate it maybe

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2018, 12:43 PM
:agree: with guaifenesin but you can't wait till right before BD to use it, I'd start it right after your period ends and continue on until you're sure you have ovulated.

I would probably be testing in some way even if just looking at the calendar, or the app, to know when to maybe sneak in an extra attempt or two (because you are about to ovulate). While apps are not super reliable, for this application they are good enough!

vnmora100
March 2nd, 2018, 03:07 PM
:agree: with guaifenesin but you can't wait till right before BD to use it, I'd start it right after your period ends and continue on until you're sure you have ovulated.

I would probably be testing in some way even if just looking at the calendar, or the app, to know when to maybe sneak in an extra attempt or two (because you are about to ovulate). While apps are not super reliable, for this application they are good enough!Thank you so much atomic.I'll start today with the guafenisin, and from what the app is saying I'm ovulation window is today, idk if its to late for the guafenisin now. And also since my ovulation is today how often should we be doing the BD? Twice for the next few days

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2018, 03:48 PM
Hey, the guaifenesin can't hurt.

As many times as you can get in! At least 3 over the next couple days if you can.

babybluedreamer
March 2nd, 2018, 04:12 PM
Hi Atomic. Thank you so much for your help. As I mentioned, I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks in September, 2 months until HcG finally dropped and got AF. Then TTC last month and had a chemical at 4.5 weeks (bleeding stopping now). We REALLY want to sway blue. I'm using OPKs, BBT and CM monitoring and applying your timing method. Can you advise on my sway?
Before this chemical, I have been eating a LOAD of cereal (grapenuts or fruit and fibre, whole milk or 2% or oat milk, and stevia), green tea, dark chocolate, about half to whole avocado a week, sweet potatoes (i hate normal potatoes), roast ham, humus, chicken, at least a banana a day, aout 3-4 green juices a week. I was taking a standard antenatal vitamin with 200 mg folic acid. I have since last week, intensified my sway: added in more cereal, more whole milk, v8, quinoa and veg with humus and roast ham for lunch, dark chocolate (by the bucket load - about 80 grams a day of 85%), chicory drink (trying to cut out coffee), green tea, 5 eggs a week, half an avo - 1 avo a week, pink lady apples, blueberries and raspberries (about 1 punnet a week), tangerines, lemon water.

I have started spinning intensley (wiht high resistance to build muscles) and a bit of barre and lifting weights a bit at home.

supplements: I have started taking (since last week) (a) myo-inositol with 200 mg folate (b) 1200 mg omega 3 (c) vitamin d 3000 (I am deficient) (d) ubiquinol 200 mg per day (e) NHP marilyn glenville fertility support with 400 mg of folacin included.

I have started adding nutritional yeast in also - its so so cold here (IN THE UK!) tha tI am having loads of hot drinks and soups.

I would LOVE twin boys. We have a daughter (1 year old) and are desparate not to wait too long as I am nearly 35, and we have had 2 miscarriages, so we dont want to hold off at the risk i have a few more miscarriages to go and it holds up the process...we have been waiting since last summer :(

however, we really want to get this as right as possible. my cycles are usually 33-35 days long and i usually ovulate on day 21. is this enough time to improve my sway (if it needs improving?)

thank you for reading! xx

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2018, 08:48 PM
Please bump this for me, I'd hoped to have time to come back to it this afternoon but it's nearly dinnertime and I don't have enough time to give you a proper reply right now!

babybluedreamer
March 4th, 2018, 01:47 PM
Hi Atomic...BUMP! :) thank you x

babybluedreamer
March 5th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Bump...

babybluedreamer
March 6th, 2018, 08:10 AM
Hi Atomic... any chance you can advise? Im day 10 now and normally ovulate around day 21

atomic sagebrush
March 10th, 2018, 03:23 PM
Why are you on myoinositol - were you advised to take this by a doctor? We have found that to sway pink so let's wean off that now. Just start spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then drop it.

1200 mg Omega 3 is more than I generally recommend - I'd cut that back by half or else take every other day instead.

:agree: Vit. D, ubiquinol, and Marilyn Glenville

My concern is if you don't get pregnant this month, you're going to gain scads of weight eating that much. I'd consider (once you ovulate this month, that is) to ease off some of the food intake - esp. the sugary stuff like choc and banana. I'm just worried you will gain a lot of weight very quickly. If you're not gaining anything, hey, that's great! Don't worry about it in that case. You are eating almost exactly the kinds of things I was eating when I got my first three boys, especially my 3rd I was following very nearly the same sort of diet as you are now!

Don't overthink the "35" though. The idea that there is some magic switch that gets flipped the moment you turn 35 and your eggs go from good to bad - that isn't really a thing, it's just that there is a very gradual increase in risks/chromosomal damage that starts literally before we are even born and continues till menopause. Nothing happens when we turn 35, our body does not know we had a birthday, and our risks the day after we turn 35 are identical to the day before we turn 35. Doctors picked an age (and this was largely selected random and based on data from the 1600's, not modern women!!) at which the risks and fertility issues across the entire population began to go up slightly faster (but remember, this gradually increasing risk has been going up since before we were even born!). But this says nothing about YOUR chances, your risks, that is all individual to you, and does NOT suddenly skyrocket for any individual just because they're turning 35.

I had a boy at 37 and a boy at 39 and I got pregnant with them very easily. You're doing all the right things, just don't feel like you are under the gun in any way because you aren't! You got this!

So, to answer your question - try this month or wait? Since you've been already eating well, I'd be fine with you guys trying this month! absolutely. I do want to warn you that your ovulation day may move up with all that good food you're eating so be prepared for early ovulation! But it may stay exactly the same or even get delayed (sometimes when we're thinking a lot about TTC, our bodies detect that as stress and then delay ovulation) Follow your gut instinct and I think you're on target for a great blue sway. :)

babybluedreamer
March 11th, 2018, 01:33 AM
Thank you Atomic!
Myo-insoitol was not advised by a doctor, happy to stop.
Yes, the weight gain is an issue for me - I have avoided scales, but I think I am up a few kg already.I am CD15 now and got my first flashing smiley on the CB opk this morning, which is exactly the same as last month when I ovulated on CD 21-22.

with this in mind - is it "too late" to stop myo inositol now without it affecting my sway this month? I have been taking it for about 3 weeks i think already. max dose.

I am a bit worried im low on the protein side so going to "up" it this week as it is "o" week. I just wanted to check if this is worth it or if its a little too little too late?
trying to cut back on dark choc, but I really have such a sweet tooth (typical girl!!!!!) x THANK YOU! x

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2018, 01:13 PM
I want you to wean off the myo, don't just stop it. So you'll still be taking it at lower and lower amounts through ovulation and a little bit beyond.

I honestly can't say if it will affect your sway or not, I just don't have the ability to know stuff like that. Since you have gained some weight I think it best for you to go ahead and try this month.

It doesn't hurt for you to eat more protein. I'd keep doing that.

Tell me more about your exercise - how long are you doing that?

babybluedreamer
March 12th, 2018, 05:42 PM
Thanks Atomic. :)

MYOINOSITOL: may i ask whyi should start to reduce it? and also, if i do this now and through oi am still taking it- is it likely to have done its "damage" and affected my sway to pink?

EXERCISE:
My exercise hasnt been great...I was doing a load of pilates over the summer, but since the miscarriage in september i slowed right down. I now do spinning 2-4 times a week (its an intense class, with a lot of resistance for muscle building). I meant to go to pilates tonight but my 12 month old is so ill with a virus i couldnt leave the house. I have got some weights in the house I could do some stuff maybe 10 - 20 mins a day? is it too late though given i should O in 4-6 days?

This week it looks as though i may O on Friday. i can only usually get to a class on thursday - sunday as the other days i am up at 5 am to leave for work and so tired when i get back at 6 and then have to put my 12month old down - hence my need for coffee!!

TIMING: in terms of timing - OH and I are both pretty wrecked given we were in a&e with my poor little 12 month old on sunday with a super high fever (on the mend though) . AmI correct we should DTD 0-4, 0 -2, 0-1, 0 ?

and if that timing is correct, is it just ONCE per day on those days? or is it eg morning and evening on 0 -1 and 0? or is that going to reduce OH sperm count.
it doesnt help OH is on a batchelor weekend saturday afternoon back saturday night but probably with a lot of beer in his system...
still though, if i am on track for a good sway i DEFINITELY would like to ttc this month. just only if it looks like i have made a good effort on this sway.

Also, on timing last month i did OPK in morning, afternoon, evening. problem is i drink a LOAD of water, and only seem to get strong results with FMU. I got a CLEARBLUE ADVANCED solid smiley at 5.30 am on day 21. Could it be that I "o"d actually on day 20, even thoug my ClearBlue digital (not advanced) test at 5.30 pm the night before showed negative because i know that LH SURGE usually starts around 8 am (is that true?) and tkaes approximately 6 hours to show in your urine, therefore maybe I ovulated the eve before and it didnt show until FMU? does LH surge get"stronger" as it continues?

last mont that we had the chemical pregnancy at 5.5 weeks, we DTD on the day i got my peak smiley (day 21), so i got my peak that day at 5.30 am and DTD around 9 pm that night, again 6.30 am the next morning. i did get pregnant that cycle but obviously the baby didnt continue beyond 5 weeks. could it be based on this theory that if sperm "catch" the egg after it has been released a bit (eg if i actually ovulated sooner than i thought) there is more chance it is starting to die off when the sperm fertilise it and therefore more chance of miscarriage? I dont want to set hares running just wanted to run this by you!

thank you SO much for reading xx

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2018, 01:00 PM
You should start to reduce it because it may sway pink and because dropping it suddenly may not be good for YOU or for a potential pregnancy. I do not think it's a dealbreaker for your sway or else I'd have told you to wait out this month. Since you've gained weight I really do think it best for you to try this cycle.

It's never too late for exercise. If you can fit in even just 10 minutes that's great.

The O-4 attempt is not important (as long as hubby can release sometime betweein O-6 through O-4 to "clean the pipes" LOL) but yes if you can have attempt O-2, O-1, and O Day that's great. Just once is enough, but if you can sneak in an extra attempt on O-1 that's even better. Attempts in the fertile window don't count for lowering sperm count, since the sperm are not wasted, they can survive up inside of you during the fertile window and have a chance at the egg.

No one can know when you ovulated based on your OPK results. No, it doesn't necessarily get darker the longer it goes on.
It's unikely you Oed before you got a positive OPK, possible but not likely at all. It's far more likely that the opposite is true - you ovulate more days past the positive OPK than you think that you will.

There are so many reasons why a pregnancy doesn't progress, most of which are simply sheer bad luck. I seriously doubt that your loss was caused by BD too late or any such thing, conception is just a very complicated process in which hundreds of things have to go exactly right and sometimes they don't go exactly right.

babybluedreamer
March 13th, 2018, 01:58 PM
That is so helpful thank you!

one last question (I promise!)
with timing, as its so difficult to know when O happened, and with the fact that I never seem to get a positive OPK aside from FMU (probably because I drink so much water) should I base my timings on O being 24 hours after the positive OPK (eg if 7 am on monday get an positive OPK, then I will assume O is 7 am Tues, and then DTD twice on the positive OPK day (Monday) and once on Tuesday in the morning?

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Yes it's fine to go off the OPK, just don't assume it will be at a certain hour because that isn't predictable. Sometime within 24-36-48 hours after that first positive, you will ovulate. If you prefer to think of it as being more like 24 hours, that's totally up to you, but it really doesn't matter so awfully much, just have attempt day of positive OPK, again the next morning, and the following night. OR, 2 attempts day of pos OPK if you prefer, then again the following morning/night. You are just trying to get in with 3 attempts in that fertile window no matter how you get there.

babybluedreamer
March 13th, 2018, 03:14 PM
okay thank you
in terms of frequency - how far apart shall we space DTD on the OPK positive day? my OH is away from 12 pm until..god only knows as he is on a batchelor party on my positive OPK day that night. So I could DTD that morning and again maybe 12 pm, but after that I will proably have to leave it. I am just worried as I thought if we just DTD once on that day that it would be swaying PINK? i thought DTD once every day is pink?!

-= I have been trying to track BBT also, and I know that O is most often between the lowest and the highest of the cycle.
my cycles are funny, but I always get a positive OPK with FMU the day after my temp drops, and on on the same day that my temperature spikes which would make it seem as though I "o" on the day that it spikes.
howver, then the two days after the positive OPK, it rises a bit further each day... so its difficult to tell!

on the basis of your advice, i will go for DTD the day BEFORE the dip and the day before the FMU positive OPK (day 19) (bearing in mind I may get a positive OPK during the day of day 20 if i didnt drink so much water during the day)then skip Day 20 , DTD twice on day 21 (day of FMU OPK) and again dtd day 22.

thank you again - you are such a help xxxxxx I CANT WAIT TO TELL YOU THIS HAS ALL BEEN A WONDERFUL BLUE SUCCESS!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2018, 03:45 PM
It doesn't matter, whenever you can. there is no right or wrong amount of hours to do it.

No, DTD once in your entire fertile window sways pink. So people who have sex only one time from O-3 through O Day are more likely to have girls. But you would have sex more than one time, albeit on different days so more than one attempt.

I'm not sure you can tell when you're ovulating based on what you're telling me. I would err on the side of caution and have sex before the temp rise, since temp rise can mean the egg is dead and gone.

babybluedreamer
March 13th, 2018, 04:10 PM
okay thank yo u- this would mean that i would O before the first OPK at 7 am. Maybe I could have started the surge at about 8 am the day beofre and have a really short one?! its SO confusing!! I will go for one attempt a day over the period and hope for the best - I just really dont want to ruin my blue sway and turn it pink!!!

thank you once again, your help is so appreciated x

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2018, 03:15 PM
I don't think you are ovulating when you think you are based on what you're describing. You can't tell what day you O on based on any of these things. Only ultrasound or blood tests tell you when you ovulate. You can't tell when you ovulate to the day, let alone to the hour, not using OPK, symptoms, or temping. We can get close enough to get pregnant, but we cannot know O day and we for sure can't know the hour.

What I am trying to express to you is do not wait till the temp rise to have sex. This used to be what some people would try to do. They thought that the temp rise was O day and so had attempt that day, but the temp rise usually occurs after the egg is dead. That's all I'm trying to say.

babybluedreamer
March 14th, 2018, 05:04 PM
okay thank you!! sorry for my confusion. I meant that the "dip" before the temp rise happened the last 2 months on the day before i even got an OPK. so thats why i cant work out why the opk would only be positive once the rise has already happened. but... like you say, safer just to DTD over the suspected O days. I have been monitoring CM also in case that makes any difference - with a boy sway should i only DTD until the EWCM stops and turns creamy? I have read this elsewhere..

thank you again :)

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Can you post a chart? I may be able to shed some light.

Also, sorry if you mentioned this already, but do you have a regular cycle??

No, please don't go off EWCM. We have found a large minority of women who have their EWCM go creamy the day before O and another large minority who have EWCM for a day or two after O (and you can be in one group and go into the other - EWCM patterns can and do change with swaying.

babybluedreamer
March 15th, 2018, 04:56 PM

babybluedreamer
March 15th, 2018, 05:19 PM
Hi Atomic

I just posted the images of my chart the last few months. my CM monitoring is not very regular - apologies. but hoefully something is shown on the BBT pattern which you may be able to help things.

On my cycle - it is hard to tell. basically, before i fell pregnant in april 2016 with my baby (born jan 2017), i hadnt had a period for 14 months. i had had eating problems and overexercised etc. anyway, i got pregnant and all was fine. i started my periods around may after she was born, and again 29-31 days later i think i got anothr period, then i got pregnant but i miscarried in september, had 2 x d&cs in 2 months and then didnt get a period again until the end of november. I then started tracking (as per the charts in photos), and then i got pregnant first month we tried last month, but it was a chemical, i got positive preg tests for 10 days and then i "miscarried" really early at 5 or so weeks so period was again a bit late.

This month, I have had a "flashing" smiley (so high not peak) fertility now since day 15 (sunday of this week). [last month, same i had flashing smiley day 15 until day 21 when i got a solid positive smiley. In December my flashing smiley was not until day 18, but solid positive OPK was on day 21 again]

We "DTD" last month on day 21 (evening of day of solid positive smiley with FMU), then on day 22 in the morning and again in the evening. CM was EWCM during that time. Cm then turned tacky/ creamy and we stopped all intercourse

This month - we DTD last night and tonight, and as you set out we will DTD tomorrow night, Saturday morning and Sunday morning and night. (let me know if i have misunderstood!!!) thank you xxx

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2018, 11:18 AM
As up and down as your charts are, I would not put a lot of stock into dips. you seem to be getting big dips fairly regularly and I think you need to go off the OPK instead of your temp dip given the history of having numerous dips per cycle. I am also completely unconvinced that the O as marked by your app you're using is at all correct since the temp rises are really only occuring what your app has marked as 3-5 days past ovulation. so please use the OPK from now on and not that app.

What kind of thermometer are you using? Does it go to the hundredths place or only to tenths of degrees?

I am not even sure that given your most recent chart, that you have even ovulated yet. I would def. still continue having attempts even if just every other day for a while.

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2018, 11:22 AM
okay thank you
in terms of frequency - how far apart shall we space DTD on the OPK positive day? my OH is away from 12 pm until..god only knows as he is on a batchelor party on my positive OPK day that night. So I could DTD that morning and again maybe 12 pm, but after that I will proably have to leave it. I am just worried as I thought if we just DTD once on that day that it would be swaying PINK? i thought DTD once every day is pink?!

-= I have been trying to track BBT also, and I know that O is most often between the lowest and the highest of the cycle.
my cycles are funny, but I always get a positive OPK with FMU the day after my temp drops, and on on the same day that my temperature spikes which would make it seem as though I "o" on the day that it spikes.
howver, then the two days after the positive OPK, it rises a bit further each day... so its difficult to tell!

on the basis of your advice, i will go for DTD the day BEFORE the dip and the day before the FMU positive OPK (day 19) (bearing in mind I may get a positive OPK during the day of day 20 if i didnt drink so much water during the day)then skip Day 20 , DTD twice on day 21 (day of FMU OPK) and again dtd day 22.

thank you again - you are such a help xxxxxx I CANT WAIT TO TELL YOU THIS HAS ALL BEEN A WONDERFUL BLUE SUCCESS!!!

So having looked at your charts, I think you're having attempts too EARLY not too late. I think you need to stop using that particular app and start using Fertility Friend instead, and then additionally you may need a better quality thermometer.

Your temps are really wild and crazy. I would even consider trying temping at night instead of the morning because I don't think your temping is giving you good quality info. Just pick a time of the day (same time every day) when you haven't recently eaten or drunk anything and haven't been active. The temp pattern is not as obvious as morning temping - but your temping is not working out well anyway.

babybluedreamer
March 16th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Thank you.

oh goodness i am really a bit panicked.... I thought that I must be Ovulating around day 21 given there is a sharp drop and rise, and given that its around the same time as my CM changing to a bit more EWCM (albeit for a day at best) and i got a postive OPK on day 21.

ok so im using a digital BBT thermometer, first thing in my mouth (between 5.30-6.30 am every day), before i have moved eaten drunk etc.
I got a positive OPK this morning with FMU, and with a cheapie opk, and also thorughout the day, and at 6 pm with another clear blue digital (not advanced). WE DTD two days ago, yesterday eve and tonight.
Should we DTD tomorrow morning as well? I thought that would hit O - I thought that I must O 24-36 hours post my first positive opk this morning, so DTD tomorrow morning should increase my chance of conceiving a BOY (not just conceiving....)
but If I O a LOT later - should i keep DTD every day for a few extra days? will this reduce sperm count to DTD every day from Wednesday through until Monday?

Also - if I DTD in the morning is it better for a boy sway? I really want to give this boy sway the best chance. ...

babybluedreamer
March 16th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Just to add also - when you say i am trying too late, in case helpful - we did get pregnant last month when we DTD on day 21 when we got the opk, and the day after the opk, and then i stopped as my CM changed a bit creamy (I wasn't up to speed on your essays on shettles as I am now, so was following shettles). That month we did have a chemical though

atomic sagebrush
March 17th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Yes but look, a little later in the month (in the time your app has listed as 3-4-5 days after o) see how there is another BIG rise and it is much higher? I think you are not ovulating during the time the app is showing as the "green" times but several days after that.

Yes I want you to DTD tomorrow morning (yikes that is THIS morning, sorry, hope you aren't seeing this too late) and TONIGHT definitely. Then just for fun, let's go ahead and BD again the next day, morning and night if you can. Then after that, let's DTD every other day just to keep things covered.

We don't know if BD in the morning makes any difference. the morning BD is NOT because it sways, just because it's an easy way to be in with another attempt in the fertile window. I got my boys with night BD!

:agree: yes the OPK is more reliable (BY FAR) than that app. I don't think that's a good app to be honest. Very misleading.

Creamy CM is not as helpful as people make it out to be. This is because CM going creamy is caused by hormones and NOT ovulation itself, so it's totally possible to have your CM either dry up BEFORE O (many of us observe drier CM on O-1 and O Day, very common) OR for you to have a fake surge that doesn't end in conception, and then your CM dries up because your hormones will change, but then you'll get another burst of hormones and in turn EWCM with actual ovulation a few days/weeks later. So I suggest always having sex every other day or so until you are 100% sure you have actually ovulated. :)

babybluedreamer
March 17th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Thank you.
Well we DTD today at around 9.30 a.m., but my OH is on a batchelor tonight and not back until tomorrow mid day, so at best we could do it tomorrow at around 3 pm.

Should we do it tomorrow evening as well?
or Monday evening, Tues Evening, WEdnesday evening?

My OPK seems maybe slightly lighter on the "positive" line, but hardly. I did put my data in to FF and once I had added in my OPK results, it said I would O around day 20 - 21... however if TEMP is anything to go by my temp dropped 0.06 degreed farenheit this morning which would indicate it hasn't yet happend...

maybe worth mentioning, i have been full of COLD this month and not able to breathe only through my nose when taking temp the last two days...

last month my opk was day of "a" rise (whether it is THE rise who knows), and then my temp rose for 3 more days but then dipped on day 24. Perhaps it was implanataion dip (if that exists?) because i did conceive that month but mc at 5.5 weeks or so.

I am so confused!!! I leave for work super early on Mon, Tues and Weds mornings (which will be my days 23-25, so really hard to DTD in te morning on those days, but i could in the eve except on weds eve my oh goes out that eve

I WISH we could DTD tonight

I have tried so SO hard, fighting weight concerns to get this to be a succesful boy sway. I feel panicked that this could fail :( x

on CM I have

babybluedreamer
March 18th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Just an update...OH came back from batchelor party late. just a 3 pm this afternoon and in no mood to DTD. I am devastated.... we havent DTD since yesterday at 9.30 a.m. we had a row... maybe its the incresaed testosterone in my system LOL (has to be an upside at least surely...!) and not sure will get him round to DTD this eve. I leave for work at 5 tomorrow in the m orning so i wont be able to dtd again until tomorrow eve. so we will have totally skipped today. Would this ruin the boy sway? my CM has gone 80 % creamy....

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Just an update...OH came back from batchelor party late. just a 3 pm this afternoon and in no mood to DTD. I am devastated.... we havent DTD since yesterday at 9.30 a.m. we had a row... maybe its the incresaed testosterone in my system LOL (has to be an upside at least surely...!) and not sure will get him round to DTD this eve. I leave for work at 5 tomorrow in the m orning so i wont be able to dtd again until tomorrow eve. so we will have totally skipped today. Would this ruin the boy sway? my CM has gone 80 % creamy....

Please don't get upset, just BD when you can. We aim at having a lot of attempts, and that way when something goes wrong, which it always does, then you're able to still have more attempts than you might have otherwise!!

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Oh yes being sick can absolutely mess with your temps even without the stuffy nose issue!

Just BD when you can. Sometimes O can be delayed when you're sick.

The good news is, feeling very uptight about your sway is associated with more boys conceived, so that may actually be benefitting you.

Can you post the latest chart for me to look at?

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2018, 06:14 PM

I'm just copying this so I can more easily look at it on this page

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2018, 06:18 PM
I'm not totally sure it is of any benefit for me to pore over your last month's chart, but did you have sex after that positive OPK?

babybluedreamer
March 19th, 2018, 03:06 PM
HI sorry my reply didnt send for some reason.

Yes. I got the positive OPK on FRIDAY We DTD on Fri eve, Saturday 9.30 a.m., Sunday 9.30 PM.

Should we DTD tonight? My temp went up by 0.04 degreesF this morning. This is a bit like last month when it then dipped and rose again around day 25 as you noticed.

Do you think we need to keep DTD today (monday eve) bearing in mind I got my OPK Positive on Friday morning around 6 a.m.

xx THANK YOU xxx

babybluedreamer
March 19th, 2018, 03:21 PM
One more thing - my CM is most definitely creamy.
and my cervix is (I THINK... cant be certain) still soft,back /high but getting firmer.... in case that helps

i really appreciate your thoughts. xxx

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Having sex after you think you ovulated for blue is never a bad thing, it's totally up to you. You can also try BD every other day.

I don't believe that you can tell the day of ovulation from CM or changes in cervix. It is NOT something that happens suddenly, even though I know some sites and Dr. Shettles like to pretend that's the case, it is really not something that is like flipping a switch.

babybluedreamer
March 20th, 2018, 03:12 PM
okay thank you. that might be my shettles confusion that if you cm turns creamy its no longer boy frinedly or somethign!!! the reason i ask is that my OH is out a lot in the evening so we cant really just ad hoc DTD and need to make sure we make time for it if that is the recommended path to follow i will make sure i do that!! my temp rose to a high today... not sure what that means ! but we didnt DTD last night monday. so i am nervous we have scrwed up here. I REALLY hope I can post a successful BOY SWAY in 10 weeks time :)

thank you once again for your help and support. xxxx

atomic sagebrush
March 21st, 2018, 03:10 PM
Can you post your chart again?

We have not found CM consistency to be predictive of whose sways work out and whose don't. It just really doesn't work. I got my daughter by BD when I still had EWCM (and this turned out to be O Day!!) then I ended up getting EWCM for 2 more days after that. If I had waited to BD for her till after my CM dried up, I never would have even gotten pregnant since the egg was dead by then! I know some sites like to make this sound like it's some surefire method that works for everyone, but studies show EWCM only predicts within 3 days that you've ovulated. So you can have EWCM that dried up but then not O for 2 more days, or have EWCM for 2 days after O (like I did) or anything in betwen. The natural famly planning methods are great to help avoid pregnancy but they CAN'T pin down O to the day or predict the gender of the baby you will conceive.

babybluedreamer
March 22nd, 2018, 12:57 PM
Hi Atomic

Many thanks again!

I signed up to fertility friend and am charting on there as well. I attach my chart.
I am worried we DTD far to early - we did it on cycle days 18 - 22
but i think i maybe Ovulated on day 21? or 22 at best...39076

atomic sagebrush
March 22nd, 2018, 02:50 PM
I can't make the chart large enough to give you the specific days but the crosshairs are wrong on FF too. You ovulated later than it's looking like. Let me repost the other chart to compare them

atomic sagebrush
March 22nd, 2018, 02:51 PM

sharing to see on this page

atomic sagebrush
March 22nd, 2018, 02:57 PM
ok I can see the dates better on the other one.

YOu seem to have some pattern going on where you are having a temp dip but then do not seem to be ovulating for a couple days after that. The see-sawish pattern of your temps is confusing the algorithms on the app and FF...since you have some high temps in the FP, it's fooling the apps into thinking you have ovulated when your temps are still quite low and I am not at all convinced (especially since your OPK is coming at the wrong time) that you are ovulating till that big temp rise. This is also what I think is occurring on the other app as well, it's being tricked and then O is actually happening a few days later.

So, we need to keep going with attempts later on even after the apps are telling you that you ovulated.

babybluedreamer
March 24th, 2018, 09:45 AM
Thanks Atomic. May I ask - would this mean i could have ovulated 72 hours after my positive OPK on day 20? This is why i am so confused as the isntructions said you ovulated 12-36 hours after opk. 72 seems so high out that window. x

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2018, 02:35 PM
36 hours is the average time to ovulation but it can take longer. 72 days is not unusual and is completely possible. Much likelier than not ovulating till after a positive OPK!!!

babybluedreamer
June 6th, 2018, 03:50 PM
36 hours is the average time to ovulation but it can take longer. 72 days is not unusual and is completely possible. Much likelier than not ovulating till after a positive OPK!!!

ATOMIC - I need to thank you !!!

its a boy...!!!!!

xxxx

atomic sagebrush
June 6th, 2018, 03:59 PM
I'm so happy for you! huge congrats!!

atomic sagebrush
June 20th, 2018, 12:51 PM
just wanted to update this thread, the OP Vnmora100 is having a girl. Since a lot of people were posting in this thread just want to alleviate confusion!