PDA

View Full Version : Can having a girl alter your hormones??

missiz
March 5th, 2018, 04:53 AM
I had a successful girl sway at the end of 2015 and my daughter was born in August 2016, since she has been born I have noticed changes in myself both good and bad, but most noticeably my sex drive has changed dramatically!! TMI here but geez, I've always had a low sex drive and always needed lube when we DTD as I never naturally created what we needed lol but its like someone has turned on a damn switch or something hahaha sex is ALOT more often and I NEVER need lube anymore because my body really feels different! my libido has changed so much that I think I would probably think about sex as much as my husband does now hahaha anyway sorry about TMI, is it possible that my hormones have shifted?

the downside has also been an increase in anger... I feel like I'm alot more cranky and fiery and I really dont like that :(

Has anyone experienced this before or am I just crazy lol

The thing I'm mostly concerned with, is that if my hormones have changed ie. perhaps my testosterone levels are higher for some reason, would that affect my chances of another girl if I tried to sway again?

any advice would be much appreciated :heart:

Throwaway_panther
March 5th, 2018, 11:35 AM
I always just associated this with having had a kid. I have had a much higher sex drive since I had my DD, but I also had been on BC for years before conceiving her too which impacted it. I am always lubed and ready to go, too, and was really angry/post partum anxiety for the first 10 months after DD too. Even after multiple losses, my sex drive is still ready to go.

missiz
March 5th, 2018, 07:37 PM
I've never had a high sex drive, I just assumed thats how I was. But basically since she's been born, I feel totally different and I dont know why. I was on BC before my first child but havent been on anything since after giving birth to him, but still didnt feel this way when I had my 2nd son.

Im sorry about your losses, I cant imagine how it must feel, thanks for your perspective on my issue.

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2018, 02:37 PM
It happens as we get older for a variety of reasons. I had the same thing happen over time even though I never had a daughter till I was elderly practically, LOL.

We don't have enough information to know if this means anything for swaying or not. I got my girl after I had had that shift and had gotten only boys beforehand.

missiz
March 7th, 2018, 06:25 PM
thanks for your advice atomic, I just find it quite odd that I've changed nothing but there is quite an obvious difference between before my girl and after. I am still breastfeeding 1-2 times a day, could it all change when I stop?

Throwaway_panther
March 8th, 2018, 04:55 AM
Oh yeah, I don't know why I didn't think of it -- atomic's dead on. It's just an age thing, as well. Supposedly women's sexual peak is in their 30s and 40s compared to men's in their teens and 20s. Granted, I have only ever read this without any sort of scientific studies backing it up, but I definitely remember professionals of some sort talking about this.

And thank you for your kind words. It's been an awful several years. I'm trying to keep myself going, but it's hard.

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2018, 02:37 PM
thanks for your advice atomic, I just find it quite odd that I've changed nothing but there is quite an obvious difference between before my girl and after. I am still breastfeeding 1-2 times a day, could it all change when I stop?

Most women find that their libido improves even more after they stop breastfeeding! For now, just enjoy it LOL, because sadly it doesn't last forever :/. The low libido before did not prevent you from having boys! :)

missiz
March 8th, 2018, 08:25 PM
@Throwaway_panther - I didnt know that about womens peak being in their 30's and 40's, thats interesting to know.

I'm sure its been very hard for you, but you are so strong, your perseverance despite hardships shows that :heart:

@atomic - oh my lordy, if thats true then my husband is in for it hahahaha :rofl::oops: I'm totally not complaining about the change, but it just totally took me by surprise! and yes you are right about that, and I didnt even think of it that way, low libido did absolutely nothing to stop me having boys! maybe it will work in my favour if I sway again, who knows hehe

Thanks for all your advice ladies, really appreciate it!

atomic sagebrush
March 9th, 2018, 12:22 PM
love your new avatar BTW - gorgeous ladies!! :)

missiz
March 9th, 2018, 05:21 PM
aww thanks atomic :happy:, your boys are very handsome also, are these your oldest 2 or youngest in your pic?

atomic sagebrush
March 10th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Those are my two youngest, my two older boys are grown and have flown the nest now sadly! :) thanks!