PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it to pay usd12?

coliny
November 8th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Is it worth it to pay the usd12 membership fee to access the private forums?

nuthinbutpink
November 8th, 2011, 08:03 AM
If you want to follow all the cyclers, read about past cycles, research, post in the Ask the Expert Forum, I'm going to say yes!

All the HT action on here is in the private forums. No showing up in Google that way.

Pink4me
November 8th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Yes definatley if you are interested in high tech. x

Daisy Mae
November 8th, 2011, 09:30 AM
The privacy is great!

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Is it worth it to pay the usd12 membership fee to access the private forums?

Hi and welcome! So happy you found us!!

I just wanted to point out something that may not occur to people. Dream Membership is about more than "whether or not it's worth it". The $$ goes to support the site and keep it up and running, without ads - otherwise the site owner would have to spend her own money to keep the site going! We do try to keep some special perks for Dream Members only but really buying a DM is more about keeping the site up and running for everyone. Several people volunteer hours of their time to answer q's and provide the most up to date and accurate info that we can.

Plus, we had a very serious issue on another site many of us were on with really super mean trolls verbally abusing people who had GD. This way, if the trolls ever do find us again (Heaven Forbid!!) we can all simply retire to the Dream Members section and chat on there! ;)

nuthinbutpink
November 8th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Thank you, AS. Running these sites isn't inexpensive. There are several monthly fees, software and DB licenses and some pretty significant start up costs. One of the other new sites had to close its doors already because of all this.

We appreciate the support but everyone is of course free to post anywhere and we are happy to answer questions wherever you choose to post. I had someone PM me and say she didn't care about privacy issues. Well, guess what? I do!

queen-of-harts
November 8th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I agree about the trolls.I had the meanest most hurtfull private message sent to me on IG.

michaela
November 8th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I absolutely love the privacy and for that I am willing to pay the $1 a month to help support the site.

jacqueline
November 8th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I completely agree with the above comments about privacy and supporting the site. And yes it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. There is so much more information, discussion, and genuine empathetic support in the private forums. I'm on the private forums daily but I haven't even read this public forum in a week - I catch up once in a while but I just saw your thread title and had to post. If you are considering spending thousands on HT, the $12 for this site is the best bang for the buck you will get!

coliny
November 8th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Already signed up. Thanks!

nuthinbutpink
November 8th, 2011, 08:00 PM

Welcome!

MAMAof4Pinks
November 9th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Thank you, AS. Running these sites isn't inexpensive. There are several monthly fees, software and DB licenses and some pretty significant start up costs. One of the other new sites had to close its doors already because of all this.

We appreciate the support but everyone is of course free to post anywhere and we are happy to answer questions wherever you choose to post. I had someone PM me and say she didn't care about privacy issues. Well, guess what? I do!

You know what too, Im already going to getting more then my money back tomorrow with a free phone consult with DR Potter, over $300- and then $1000 off IVF!!! Yeah not to mention all the great INFO ive gotten from nuthinbut and everyone else on this site! :)

glory
November 11th, 2011, 05:42 AM
People stalked you on the other site and sent you pm's? Some people really don't have much to do, do they? Bet they had a perfect pigeon pair!

queen-of-harts
November 11th, 2011, 10:53 PM
You know what too, Im already going to getting more then my money back tomorrow with a free phone consult with DR Potter, over $300- and then $1000 off IVF!!! Yeah not to mention all the great INFO ive gotten from nuthinbut and everyone else on this site! :)

I think it was a troll who just signed up just to go around and hurt people.This person called my children ugly and said she was glad she didnt have obnoxious pissing boys and that i wasnt good enough to have a daughter and that boys were my punishment.That was the nice version mind you.I was soo angry someone was that low to do that but i know this person was just trying to hurt people who are already sensitive,I was not the only only,others were attacked also aiming towards them being a horrible excuse for a woman and their husband should leave them bc they cant give them a son and just produce little who**s. Very sick.

atomic sagebrush
November 12th, 2011, 12:24 PM
People stalked you on the other site and sent you pm's? Some people really don't have much to do, do they? Bet they had a perfect pigeon pair!

This was an ongoing problem on the IG site. I believe it was a man or group of teenagers because that is usually who does trolling. Their entire motivation is to make people upset and so they say highly inflammatory things. It's a game to them.

Same troll(s) also called several people pedophiles and PMed people who had lost babies that they deserved it, etc. They were VILE.

atomic sagebrush
November 12th, 2011, 12:27 PM

Thanks so much for your support! xo

glory
November 13th, 2011, 08:29 AM
That is just horrible! I am so sorry Queen of hearts that anyone said anything horrible about your gorgeous boys! Boys are NOT a punishment :)

Some people amaze me that they have to stoop so low to make themselves feel better. It's wrong.

Well I have not seen anything of this here.

Hoping4aPrincess
November 15th, 2011, 09:54 PM
I think it was a troll who just signed up just to go around and hurt people.This person called my children ugly and said she was glad she didnt have obnoxious pissing boys and that i wasnt good enough to have a daughter and that boys were my punishment.That was the nice version mind you.I was soo angry someone was that low to do that but i know this person was just trying to hurt people who are already sensitive,I was not the only only,others were attacked also aiming towards them being a horrible excuse for a woman and their husband should leave them bc they cant give them a son and just produce little who**s. Very sick.

Wow. Just.. wow. How could someone be so evil? I'm sorry u had to read all that nonsense.