PDA

View Full Version : Exercise or not ?

Hallie
March 6th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Hi I'm not sure about the exercise aspect of swaying. I have been doing the LE diet since December , I have lost 9lbs and am now at a bmi of 20. I haven't been exercising at all however I also don't sit still very long all day , I am always busy doing something . Would this count as moderate exercise ? Although I wouldn't say my heart rate is ever increased. I'm hoping to have my first attempt in April and wondering if I should add in an hours exercise 5 times a week or have I left it too late for it to make much difference ? Thank you in advance x

ksmom
March 6th, 2018, 11:25 AM
No, exercise is something like dance cardio or bike riding for example. Going about your daily activities doesn't count. If your BMI is already at that point, it may be too risky adding in exercise. I'd say if you did, you'd likely have to up calories to avoid anymore weightloss. You don't want to risk losing more weight then ovulation stops.

Hallie
March 6th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Yes I did think that , I don't really want to lose anymore weight but want the best sway possible. I wonder if it's better to eat more and exercise properly or just carry on as I am now x

ksmom
March 6th, 2018, 04:53 PM
It's hard to say. As Atomic would say, it's one of those "crystal ball" things we just don't know what's best. Really though you could have an awesome sway and still get a boy. There's no way to guarantee pink. Having been in your situation before, I chose to do exercise and lost so much weight I stopped ovulating. Exercise does get great results though so I think if you do it, you need to do whatever it takes to prevent any weightloss even if it means eating more.

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Eat more and exercise. Exercise has been one of the best sway tactics.

Yes unfortunately day to day activity doesn't count for exercise, but it may help sway a little more once you have done your exercise!

No more weight loss - the BMI cutoff where I want you to stop losing and start trying to hold steady is BMI 21 so please just stop losing and hold steady where you are. :)

missiz
March 8th, 2018, 08:44 PM
I had a successful sway in 2016 and I chose no exercise but that was mostly because my BMI was only something like 18.5 and I was scared of losing any weight. If I was to sway again would you recommend I stick with no exercise or would it be better to try exercise and change my diet to counter weight loss? I would be able to use Clomid for one cycle aswell if that makes any difference. Also I will note that I struggle with trying to put on weight ALOT, I have only ever been over 50kg when pregnant and usually get stuck around 47kg as my best weight...

atomic sagebrush
March 9th, 2018, 12:36 PM
I had a successful sway in 2016 and I chose no exercise but that was mostly because my BMI was only something like 18.5 and I was scared of losing any weight. If I was to sway again would you recommend I stick with no exercise or would it be better to try exercise and change my diet to counter weight loss? I would be able to use Clomid for one cycle aswell if that makes any difference. Also I will note that I struggle with trying to put on weight ALOT, I have only ever been over 50kg when pregnant and usually get stuck around 47kg as my best weight...

I didn't exercise when I got my girl, either.

As a general rule I am not having people who start off very low weight, exercise. The catch is that the exercise has been SO good (even at fewer days - more like 3-4 days has been effective, too, as long as it's 60 min). Sooo, it's a toss up for me because on the one hand exercise, even when you're eating more cals, has been effective for pink, but on the other hand, it can delay or stop ovulation. Follow your gut instinct - you know your body better than I do!