PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me about FRER tests--

Hobbermittens
November 8th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I have a test, but no box, so I can't read the directions. Does someone have a box laying around so they can check for me? Is it okay to use any time of day, or do I need to use FMU? I don't want to wait until tomorrow to use it!

littlemisswilko
November 8th, 2011, 12:21 PM
it says you dont have to test FMU but it contains the highest level of Hgc

Hobbermittens
November 8th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks!!! Maybe I should wait then. I am 11 DPO and got a negative at 9DPO. Not sure if I have enough will power to wait until tomorrow to test!

littlemisswilko
November 8th, 2011, 12:42 PM
i tested this morning using a frer im 10dpo and got a BFN going to wait a few days before i test again. i did read some where that you can test using an OPK and will get a positive if pregnant. dont know how much truth there is behind this but was going to give it a try when i next need the loo. ive got loads of ic opks and not any ic pg tests untill they arrive

Hobbermittens
November 8th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Oooh, I have tons of opks laying around! I will try that!

LolaInLove
November 8th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Yea, Hobbs, I would wait till the morning if you are not 14dpo or so.

Hobbermittens
November 8th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I just tried the opk test and it was negative, but there was a line there, just not as dark as the control line. Probably half as dark, I'd say. Wonder if that means anything?

Lola, you are right, since I only have one test, I had better wait! I have a bunch of cheapy tests that came with the opks, and I have used them, but they have been starkly negative. I don't think they are early tests, though.

DoulaMama
November 8th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I got a - on a FRER at 5am and a + by 10 pm:) Oh and I tried the opk thing...didn't work until I was 14dpo(as the control line has to be as dark as the test line) and by then I was getting very dark FRER. I actually use 2nd morning urine as it's less diluted and you usually haven't drank a ton of fluid in the am yet, so it's more concentrated. Just my 2cents!! I'm sooo hoping this is it!!!!!! I got a very negative, whiter than white FRER on 9dpo, still the same the am of 10dpo, and + by the end of the day on 10dpo:) xxoxoxo

DoulaMama
November 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Oh and my ic preg tests sucked!!!! They were supposed to be the 10miu ones but they didn't start showing + until a few days after my FRER. They actually didn't have a dark test line until 20dpo!! What a waste of money!!!

Hobbermittens
November 8th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks DM! I am going to wait until tomorrow since it is the only good test I have left... my temp is still up today, so we will see!

Those IC do suck. They came with the opks, so at least I didn't spend $$ on them.

DoulaMama
November 9th, 2011, 10:16 AM
So.....any news???!!!!

Hobbermittens
November 9th, 2011, 01:57 PM
AF showed up yesterday afternoon, so I am glad I didn't waste the test! Weird, I really felt pregnant! Oh well, on to the next attempt. We will be trying in December. I am skipping November because DH and I slacked off on the diet and supps big time during my 2ww (I had SO MUCH Halloween candy it wasn't even funny!!) and I don't think I can make up for it by the time O rolls around this month...