PDA

View Full Version : Natural vs. Medicated FET

mydream
November 8th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hi Dr. P.,
well we have 1 (24 chromosome - normal) girl embryo for transfer..was on my path to medicated FET when it was cx due to my body just not responding to the meds the way my RE would have liked..something about my lining being a type 3 and he wants it to be a type 1 or 2, which he says he knows I am capable of because he has seen this for me before.
Anyway, I stopped all meds and am going to change to plan B which is a natural FET...what are your thoughts?
success rate difference?
Thanks

mydream
November 15th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Dr. P? where have you been?

Dr. Potter
November 16th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Hi Dr. P.,
well we have 1 (24 chromosome - normal) girl embryo for transfer..was on my path to medicated FET when it was cx due to my body just not responding to the meds the way my RE would have liked..something about my lining being a type 3 and he wants it to be a type 1 or 2, which he says he knows I am capable of because he has seen this for me before.
Anyway, I stopped all meds and am going to change to plan B which is a natural FET...what are your thoughts?
success rate difference?
Thanks
A type 3 pattern indicates that you were exposed to progesterone prematurely. Assuming that you did not take progesterone by accident, this means that you ovulated. Where you on lupron? If so how much? Lupron is used to prevent patients from surging and causing progesterone secretion from existing ovarian follicles.. Let me know and best of luck.
Dr. Potter

mydream
November 16th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the response..I appreciate it so much.
I was not on progesterone.
This is how my cycle went
I got a period..then started birth control pills
stayed on them for 10 days

On my 10th day of bcp and I started 10 units of Lupron 1x/day

in 5 days I went in for b/w and u/s (This became "cycle day 1")
and I decreased Lupron to 5 units/day and startd Estrace ( 2mg orally twice/day)

Cycle day 6 ( 11/1/11 ) - blood work again

Cycle day 9 (11/4/11) b/w and u/s again, may increased Estrace that day to 4 mg.twice a day and stayed on 5 units of lupron.

Cycle Day 12 (11/7/11) b/w and u/s again..cycle cx..

so what do you think happened...
what is your thought on natural fet?