PDA

View Full Version : First girl after all boys.... please help!!!

EmberRose
March 20th, 2018, 12:00 AM
Hello friends! I have three boys,
Connor, Caleb, and Bennett,
We are pregnant with a little girl and are so excited but can't settle on a name [emoji85] I'm now in my last trimester and starting to panic. Please help!!! As you can tell we have more of a traditional name theme going but I'm open to whatever! We are big on nicknames!!! We like the names,
Isobel (Izzy)
Addilynn (Addi)

Middle name will be faith.

Can you guys think of anything along those lines? Maybe 3 syllables but can be shortened to something cute and spunky? This is our only girl and moslt likely our last baby so I'm feeling a lot of pressure to really get this right!!! Thank you!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

BunnyGirl19
March 20th, 2018, 12:13 AM
Elodie?

4blue2pink
March 20th, 2018, 08:13 AM
Congratulations on your little girl :) i completely understand i find girls names so hard!! one of my girls was nameless for 2 days after she was born and the other was nameless for 5 weeks!!!!

Isobel is gorgeous :heart: few off the top of my head (not all 3 syllable)

Sienna
Amelia
Imogen
Evelyn
Elara
Harriet
Sofia
Serafina
Amelie
Arabelle / Arabella
Isabella
Rosanna
Olivia
Lilia
Vienna
Emily
Annabel

no idea if any of these are your style but i hope you find the perfect name soon :)

mummaofboys
March 21st, 2018, 07:58 AM
Congratulations on expecting your baby girl! How exciting!!

My goddaughter’s name is Isobel... we call her Bel. She is a gorgeous, sweet and kind girl so I definitely love the name :)

Other suggestions....
Olivia (Livvy)
Penelope (Penny)
Charlotte (Charli)
Delilah (Deli)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
March 21st, 2018, 04:01 PM
We had a HECK of a time naming our girl! I thought it would be easy but we went right down to the wire and didn't name her till she was 12 hours old!!

The names that pop into my head reading your boys' names that also have a lot of fab nicknames are:

Virginia
Margaret
Evelyn

atomic sagebrush
March 21st, 2018, 04:02 PM
We had a HECK of a time naming our girl! I thought it would be easy but we went right down to the wire and didn't name her till she was 12 hours old!!

The names that pop into my head reading your boys' names that also have a lot of fab nicknames are:

Virginia
Margaret
Evelyn

EmberRose
March 27th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Thank you all! I'm loving these names! Trying to convince the hubby I think is my biggest problem[emoji34]

SoFullofHope
March 27th, 2018, 02:38 PM

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2018, 03:13 PM
Plus, it gives you something to think about when you're in the hospital, that's for sure. With our girl, we really didn't even start talking about it till I WAS in labor, LOL! I swear it was my fastest, easiest labor because I had something interesting to think about the whole entire time!! And we ended up with a name we both really liked, which we hadn't even THOUGHT OF before that night!

EmberRose
March 30th, 2018, 09:19 PM
I think when I see her I'll have a better idea maybe. I think my problem is that it is still so surreal that I'm actually having a girl that I just cant settle on a name till I see her and know its real lol I know.. I'm crazy. We are leaning towards Maisie, Isobel, or Addilynn... but idk they just dont seem right yet..

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2018, 12:40 PM
Oh exactly! Yes! And nothing feels special enough for this little girl you waited so long for!

Like I said, my little girl was already several hours old, and we had decided on a "just in case" name but I didn't really like it much at all, and then (I'm not making this up, either!!) a beam of sunlight came through the window and shone on her face and all of a sudden I knew "This baby is Susannah" and then that was it, it was all over LOL.

EmberRose
April 2nd, 2018, 06:53 PM
Oh exactly! Yes! And nothing feels special enough for this little girl you waited so long for!

Like I said, my little girl was already several hours old, and we had decided on a "just in case" name but I didn't really like it much at all, and then (I'm not making this up, either!!) a beam of sunlight came through the window and shone on her face and all of a sudden I knew "This baby is Susannah" and then that was it, it was all over LOL.Oh I love that! I hope something like that happens where it just clicks and I'm like yes thats it thats her name because right now I'm still so up in the air!

EmberRose
May 11th, 2018, 08:10 PM
So my beautiful girl decided to come 5 weeks early! We still had no name picked out but at the last minute we landed on the name Macey Faith. It was the only name that we could agree on and I really do love it but I have already had two people make a comment about the department store... did I make a mistake or is it a cute name? I just feel like it fits so well in our family but maybe I'm wrong... I'm also very emotional having just had a baby [emoji23] https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180512/3a32f5fc30f0a274c42ab42f9bf93683.jpg

4blue2pink
May 12th, 2018, 06:56 AM
Congratulations Macey Faith is beautiful :heart: i am so sorry you've had comments :( her name is 100% your choice it isnt up to anyone else to comment unless you ask for their opinion!! if you love her name thats all that matters.
i love Macey :) i dont think the store matters at all, there are plenty of shops and brands that use people's names and i dont think it makes the name unusable!! few examples i can think of off the top of my head.. Zara, Chanel, Levi, Ann (Summers!!) Spencer (Marks & Spencer), River (Island), the list is huge!! you arent naming after the store/brand it just happens to share the name :)

Zara was used by Princess Anne for her daughter (the retailer came first) :) so if "store names" are good enough for royalty.. :D stick the haters and enjoy every second with your precious baby girl :heart:

EmberRose
May 12th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Thank you!!! I really do love it it's just hard hearing what other people think sometimes. Especially right after having a baby lol! It fits her though and we are happy so your right thats all that matters! I just dont want that to be the first thing people think of when they hear her name but I'm gonna have to get over that I think.

4blue2pink
May 12th, 2018, 12:04 PM
sadly those kinds of people will comment on names no matter what, too common, too unusual, too long, too short, too unisex, too old-fashioned, too modern etc trust me they will find an issue with every.single.name!! except the names they chose for their kids of course. ignore all negative comments Macey is perfect, it suits her and you and your dh love it which means its the perfect name :heart: xx

4blue2pink
May 12th, 2018, 12:13 PM
just too add im not in the US and we dont have the Macey's stores here but the name was familiar as soon as i read your post and ive just realised why.. singer Macy Gray :) amazing voice!! my mum used to listen to her a lot when i was little xx

ABC.2606
May 12th, 2018, 12:25 PM
I think Macey is a really cute name!!! Congrats on your little girl!!!

atomic sagebrush
May 12th, 2018, 02:47 PM
IT is just a cute name! Adorable! And it's been a name for quite a while now, those people need to get with the times.

I have sons named Wyatt and Clark and everyone was like "Wyatt Earp?" "Clark Kent?" Some people just can't shut their mouths! And my 4th boy is named...drum roll...Marshall and yes people did still say "Like the department store??" LOLOLOL It's just one of those annoying things people do sometimes. :)

EmberRose
May 12th, 2018, 04:56 PM
You guys are amazing thank you so much! I'm going to try and not let it get to me because I love her name and I'm just so glad she is finally here even if she scared the heck out of me and came so early [emoji23] I finally have my girl and I just want to enjoy her and not worry about what anyone says or thinks. Side note... does anyone have any tips on increasing my milk supply?? I'm struggling [emoji22]

atomic sagebrush
May 12th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Just keep eating, drinking, and nursing, and resting as much as you can. One of my kiddos took a bit longer for my milk to come in but once it did - boy howdy, did it ever. :heart:

EmberRose
May 13th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Ok thank you! I will just keep up what I'm doing and hopefully it works!