PDA

View Full Version : Implantation can happen as early as 5DPO!

TTC5
November 9th, 2011, 07:49 PM
So maybe not lol..... day 6, adplantation can start at day 5. oops!

http://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/Notes/week1.htm

That links has sooooo much information too!!!!!

love being a mummy
November 9th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I can find the info you are talking about.

The pic I see says :
Day 7 to 9 - Implantation commences and continues through the second week of development.

nuthinbutpink
November 9th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I didn't read the link but I can tell you that from IVF experience, it takes 5 days minimum for an embryo to become a blastocyst and it cannot implant until it hatches out which can be from day 5+. Implanting day 5 can definitely happen because we have hatching blasts transferred all the time and I transferred a completely hatched blast on day 6 that could have implanted right away.

love being a mummy
November 9th, 2011, 09:07 PM
It says hatching happens on day 5
Adplantation day 6
implantation day 7

nuthinbutpink
November 9th, 2011, 09:14 PM
It says hatching happens on day 5
Adplantation day 6
implantation day 7

BEST case scenario is hatching on day 5. Many, many times embryos are not hatching on day 5 and we just had one gal transfer a morula on day 5(which hasn't even made it to a blast stage yet) and that implanted so that would be an example of a late implanter! By day 6, it should be hatching though.

TTC5
November 9th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I will try and find the info, it says hatching at day 5 and implantation can happen then also. Interesting all the info there though its a good read although the jargon can be baffling lol

TTC5
November 9th, 2011, 09:15 PM
How on earth could a certain member from another forum claim to have gotten a BFP at 3dpo it is impossible, LOL! Your dates would have had to have been wrong!

love being a mummy
November 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM
claim to have gotten a BFP at 3dpo
That is totally impossible even with twins and high HCG levels. Your body wouldn't actually be pregnant yet, iykwim.

nuthinbutpink
November 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM
How on earth could a certain member from another forum claim to have gotten a BFP at 3dpo it is impossible, LOL! Your dates would have had to have been wrong!

Yup. Not possible at all...must be a big ole evap line!

TTC5
November 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM
So most implant around day 8:
http://php.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php?title=Implantation

I had no idea that late implantation can mean greater chance of loss of pregnancy!

TTC5
November 9th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Yup. Not possible at all...must be a big ole evap line!

Yes I reckon!!!

TTC5
November 9th, 2011, 09:24 PM
So amazing the whole conception thing, LOL! No matter how many babes I have the whole miracle of life just amazes me!

TTC5
November 9th, 2011, 09:26 PM
This is a great explanation of a chemical miscarriage:

If implantation has not proceeded sufficiently during the menstrual cycle to allow hormonal feedback to the ovary, then the next cycle may commence leading to conceptus loss. There is also evidence, from animal models, that a conceptus with major genetic does not develop or implant correctly leading to their loss during the first and second weeks of development.

CapricornAquarius
November 9th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Our bodies sure are amazing.

Ok so if implantation occurs between day 6-10, so as far as sperm meeting egg, how long does that take? Cause if i sat in our computer room with my legs raised for 1/2hr for nothing then i wont be too impressed.

nuthinbutpink
November 9th, 2011, 09:57 PM

Ok so if implantation occurs between day 6-10, so as far as sperm meeting egg, how long does that take? Cause if i sat in our computer room with my legs raised for 1/2hr for nothing then i wont be too impressed.

Fast swimming sperm can reach the egg in 30 minutes. Just depends where the egg is located at the time.

TTC5
November 9th, 2011, 10:33 PM

LOL!!!

CapricornAquarius
November 10th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Fast swimming sperm can reach the egg in 30 minutes. Just depends where the egg is located at the time.

Phew!!

nicnee1976
November 10th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Well, I don't know much about the scientific facts, but what I do know is that I felt implantation pain about 5 days after OV with DS2 and this also correlated with my EDD, which they put back a couple of days when my cycle was a few days longer than average. I'm sure he caught on early.

Of course I'm not disputing scientific facts and findings, just stating my personal experience. It wasn't my imagination either as DS2 was unplanned and when I felt the implantation pain it made me wonder????

zanacal
November 11th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I had an implantation bleed on day 5 with one or other of my boys (I *think* it was DS2 and if it was it's probably more meaningful because I was using OPKs that time!).

TTC5
November 11th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Oh you girls are giving me the tingles... I had some funny pains on 5dpo.... no spotting though?

hollyberry7
November 15th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I had a bit of brown spotting at 5 DPO and thought AF was on her way. Earlier that day I was cramping quite a bit, so I kept running to the bathroom thinking she was here. Lo and behold, at 9 DPO...a positive pregnancy test! I then spotted again at 10 and 11 DPO...nurse told me it was still implanting. Actually ended up spotting on and off through my first trimester - it was an absolute emotional roller coaster!