PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to think - trigger or real BFP??

ashkash
November 10th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I'm so nervous & anxious & could use some thoughts on this! We did a cycle of Follistim, with an hcg injection (10,000 units) last Monday at noon. IUI with spinning was then done on Tuesday at 2:00 pm. So I bought a bunch of Wondfo pregnancy strips & started taking them on Sunday morning (6 days past trigger, 5 dpiui). Got a nice dark positive, so I assumed it was still the trigger. Next day, test was a little lighter. On Tuesday, slightly darker. Same thing on Wednesday. And again this morning, which is now 10 days past trigger & 9 dpiui. I had some pretty serious cramps Saturday night, so could that have been implantation?

What would you think? These tests are dark positive, not squinters at all! I'll try to post a pic later after I get my older kids off to school. I'm just so stumped. I've gotten BFP's at 9 dpo with my other kids, so I could totally believe it, except those were always pretty faint, and these are so dark. But if it was still just the trigger, shouldn't they be very faint by now? I'm trying not to let myself get too excited, but it seems so promising. I had 3 good follicles, so could this mean twins or something? I'm not good at the waiting game at all.

ashkash
November 10th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Here's the test from this morning. Pic taken after 3 hours, but it was positive right away, and got this dark within a few minutes.

nuthinbutpink
November 10th, 2011, 09:54 AM
10 days past IUI is the first I would really count. It's like 5dp5dt in HT when we see real BFPs.

ashkash
November 11th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Still positive on the cheapo Wondfo strip this morning, and also BFP on First Response. Thinking maybe this is really it! :-)

Today's 11 days past trigger, 10 dpiui.

nuthinbutpink
November 11th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Still positive on the cheapo Wondfo strip this morning, and also BFP on First Response. Thinking maybe this is really it! :-)

Today's 11 days past trigger, 10 dpiui.

I think it sound like the real thing! It's super early and I think you could have twins! Did you do spinning for a girl? Where?

ashkash
November 11th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks, I'm letting myself feel a little bit optimistic now! We did spinning for a girl at The Fertility Institute of New Orleans. It's their own method, and supposedly they've been doing it for several years now, a few times a week, and getting 75-80% accuracy for girls. I need to do injectibles anyway due to ovulatory dysfunction, so we figured we might as well go for the IUI deal. Totally understanding that it's far from 100% accuracy, but we do have a daughter & are ok with our chances. I did some pink swaying things too, so we'll see what happens. Would be cool to have another boy also, though, since he'd be so close in age to DS3. Will be on pins & needles until it's confirmed with betas & u/s next week. Planning to call my RE on Monday.

ashkash
November 12th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Well, looks like it really was just leftover trigger. Both FRER & Wondfo were negative this morning (11 dpiui). Not counting myself out yet, but it's looking unlikely.

ashkash
November 15th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Tests negative at 14 dpiui. Lesson learned that the trigger shot really can take longer than expected to leave the body, and that it can vary widely within the same person. Will not be getting my hopes up at all next time!

fivebabies
November 15th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Bummer! Onto next month! :)

nuthinbutpink
November 15th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Tests negative at 14 dpiui. Lesson learned that the trigger shot really can take longer than expected to leave the body, and that it can vary widely within the same person. Will not be getting my hopes up at all next time!

I'm sorry. We've seen trigger that late a couple times on here. I really hoped it worked for you though. How much do they charge and what do they say are their pregnancy rate and gender rates?

ashkash
November 16th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks. I'll be trying again very soon! I was told that their gender success rate is around 75-80%, towards the higher end of that range for girls. Pregnancy rate is the same as any IUI. I do injectibles (Follistim) since I need that for ovulatory dysfunction anyway, so my chances of pregnancy are somewhere around 20-25% probably. They charge $750 for the IUI with sperm sort, not including monitoring for a medicated cycle. I trust them very much, as they're a well-respected clinic. My RE is routinely named the best in the area by various surveys, so I feel like he knows what he's doing.

nuthinbutpink
November 16th, 2011, 02:05 PM
That's great! Do you happen to know what they quote for boy attempt? 20-25% is really high for IUI...if that is their real stat, that is great!

ashkash
November 16th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I think the 20-25% is only for IUI with injectibles. I doubt it's that high for clomid or unmedicated cycles. Also, I respond to the meds really well, so maybe that has something to do with it. I got pg with DS3 on our first attempt with injectibles (first 3 kids, we didn't have any trouble at all - must be something to do with my mid-30s age now!).

I don't know their boy success rates, other than what they told me, 75-80% overall. If girls are at the high end of that range, boys must be at the low end. I'm anxious to see how it works out for us. Will be thrilled with either gender, but it's worth a shot to try to sway the odds towards girl.

nuthinbutpink
November 16th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I think the 20-25% is only for IUI with injectibles. I doubt it's that high for clomid or unmedicated cycles. Also, I respond to the meds really well, so maybe that has something to do with it. I got pg with DS3 on our first attempt with injectibles (first 3 kids, we didn't have any trouble at all - must be something to do with my mid-30s age now!).

I don't know their boy success rates, other than what they told me, 75-80% overall. If girls are at the high end of that range, boys must be at the low end. I'm anxious to see how it works out for us. Will be thrilled with either gender, but it's worth a shot to try to sway the odds towards girl.

$750 per try isn't too bad. Good luck and when you cycle again, please post in the HT area so we may follow along! I would love to add another HT option other than IVF since Microsort is no longer available. Maybe other would like to try this IUI as well!

ashkash
November 16th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Will do. I didn't post in HT last time because I figured it was just for IVF/PGD. I'll be trying again in a few weeks. Starting bcp's today so we can get the timing to work out around Thanksgiving & Christmas. Will be going for baseline u/s & bloodwork on Nov 28th & starting injections if all looks good then. I'll post once I know for certain that we're starting the cycle. Thanks!

nuthinbutpink
November 16th, 2011, 04:06 PM
No, not at all! IUI/Spinning is definitely HT too! It's a great option and much less expensive! Good luck!