PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my period back?

nyc0404
April 15th, 2018, 09:21 AM
Almost three months postpartum with 2nd son. BF and supplementing with formula from time to time. My period has not returned and I know it could be up to a year before I see it. With my DS1 it returned in 2 months and was regular and I was BF too. This time around things just seem different. I'd like to ttc pink this September but is there a way I can prepare my body for my period to return? Any advice!

MrsEnglish
April 15th, 2018, 11:01 AM
What I did wasn't the smartest or the healthiest, so I'm not recommending it, just sharing:

I didn't breast feed at all, and about three months postpartum I took Clomid for 5 days which made me ovulate, but I only had an 8 day luteal phase.

Be prepared for having a short luteal phase for the first cycle or two after childbirth.

nyc0404
April 15th, 2018, 11:44 AM
What I did wasn't the smartest or the healthiest, so I'm not recommending it, just sharing:

I didn't breast feed at all, and about three months postpartum I took Clomid for 5 days which made me ovulate, but I only had an 8 day luteal phase.

Be prepared for having a short luteal phase for the first cycle or two after childbirth.After you took clomid did you conceive? Or did your period come later on

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

nyc0404
April 15th, 2018, 11:45 AM

Be prepared for having a short luteal phase for the first cycle or two after childbirth.Also how did you get clomid?

MrsEnglish
April 15th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Also how did you get clomid?

My gynecologist prescribed me Clomid because I have PCOS. The prescription was for 6 months worth, and I got it all filled at once. I got pregnant with my daughter on my first attempt, so after she was born I was left with 5 more doses that expire in 2019.

So 3 months postpartum I took Clomid randomly for 5 days (had no period before that) and it made me ovulate, I actually believe that I did conceive that cycle but lost it because I had an 8 day long luteal phase. So I got AF. Then I didn't take Clomid right away, hoping I'd ovulate on my own and not wanting to waste Clomid if I have another too short luteal phase, but after about a month and a half I still hadn't ovulated or had another period, so I took 25 mg Clomid, again on random days without AF, and on I think the 2nd day I took it I had a bleed. The 25 mg Clomid made me ovulate around CD 28, but I didn't get pregnant from it, but I had a decent luteal phase. When I got AF I took 50 mg Clomid, and ovulated but didn't get pregnant. When AF came I took 50 mg Clomid again, and ovulated, and now I am 1 DPO and hoping that I am pregnant.

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Just to clarify, even though this is what Mrs. English did, I cannot ever sign off on anyone using Clomid before their cycle is back postpartum (and I mean back and REGULAR) If your cycle is not ready to come yet, you can take Clomid till the cows come home and it won't make you ovulate. There are hormones that will actually suppress ovulation and so you waste the Clomid and it won't make you O.

Never take Clomid without having had AF except under the advice of a doctor who has done an ultrasound or blood test to know where you are in the cycle. This is because if you take it a) just before ovulation or b) when pregnant it can be harmful either to you or an unborn baby. You need to know where you are in the cycle before starting it.

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2018, 03:12 PM
Almost three months postpartum with 2nd son. BF and supplementing with formula from time to time. My period has not returned and I know it could be up to a year before I see it. With my DS1 it returned in 2 months and was regular and I was BF too. This time around things just seem different. I'd like to ttc pink this September but is there a way I can prepare my body for my period to return? Any advice!

Unfortunately the best way to get your cycle to come back is by taking a big dose of Vitamin P - patience. :)

What I would do is be sure you are eating upper levels of LE Diet (do not cut back too far on calories or fat, in particular) and if you plan to exercise, eat even more than that! You want your body to feel "safe" to get pregnant again and you can best do this by making sure you are eating enough calories and fat to start ovulating again.

WE have, in the past, used Vitex to help kickstart AF but I would not ever use that till the baby was at minimum 6 months or even more like 9, and it has not been very effective for pink sways either and is not a guarantee of the cycle resuming. LMK if you want directions on how to use vitex.

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2018, 03:13 PM
Also how did you get clomid?

It's quite difficult to get from your doctor if you're very close postpartum because it often will not make you ovulate if you've just had a baby and/or are breastfeeding.

Linni
April 16th, 2018, 01:13 AM
I can share my experience- with DS1 I got my period back 4 month after birth. It came regulär from the beginning.

With DS2 I thought it would be similar, but it took 11 month this time..
at first I bled without having ovulated (I track temperature so I knew that), than at the 2nd cycle my LP was only 8 days short. But after that the LP was a normal 10-13 days.

I think my cycle started again so „late“ because DS2 was much more breastfeeding as DS1 was, especially at night. Once I tried to pause a little longer at night it helped. But with a so young baby I would not do any experiments...as long as you don’t want to risk an impact on your milk supply.

I know women who take bryophyllum globuli to start ovulating regular but I don’t know if it’s safe while breastfeeding...?!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
April 16th, 2018, 12:57 PM
I can't sign off on bryophyllium because I have not seen anyone take it to see the genders of their babies. I don't know about safety and about how it sways