PDA

View Full Version : Blood tests and Contraception pill

aintnocinderella
November 10th, 2011, 04:19 PM
hi ladies,

i plan to cycle with genesis in late January. Dr Savvas is amazing and so lovely but probably like all of you i am looking at little ways to save money starting with the cheapest place to have the initial blood test. I was planning on asking my doctor to order them has anyone done this??? everywhere online wants £500 which i have but dont want to be silly and waste money when there are other options for example some clinics want £300 for the pre health ultr sound... i found it at baby bond for £100.
We have already been to see the gp who refered us for tests based on our 'infertility' after trying for a year... little pink lie x

DH has had his seamen test which is not a requirement at genesis but quite excited about the results. As well as the tests it was recommended i go on the pill in December to pin point my cycle for travel dates ect. has anyone cycled with genesis and done this? obviously in the uk i can get it free so dont want to pay for it if i can get it myself....but which one do i need and also i worry it will stop it working tho i know this is irrational or the doc wouldny rocommend it!

any help would be great ladies x

nuthinbutpink
November 10th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I did my testing with my OB and insurance covers it here. The RE should prescribe a pill for you- they use different ones- also, please know that the first month on the pill you are strongly advised to use backup protection!

aintnocinderella
November 10th, 2011, 06:47 PM
thank you, its a bit different because we have a national health system so there are few private clinics here and those that do ivf wont touch me.i start start with my doc and see where i get x