PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in reincarnation? Or is it 1 time you live, 1 time you die?

Zivic-Bubac
November 11th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I was raised atheist, discovered Christianity in my early 20's, got baptized in Orthodox Church and I do believe in God ( maybe not the whole thing in the church) , but there is no doubt about God - Eternal Power & Love & Intelligence.

Just that thing in Christian religion is bugging me - you live only once and that's it, it just doesn't make sense to me.

You know, my DD1 once asked me :'Where was I when you were a little girl mama? I wasn't existing then, right?" And since I love her so much, I immediately answered: " No, you were always existing! You were just waiting to come to us!" and it wasn't til few hours later I realized what I said to her out of LOVE.

I know our human love is nothing compared to God's love and since God loves us, it must mean we were ALWAYS existing in Him ( I believe God doesn't have a gender but is there any other way to write it?) and in eternity.

Reincarnation theory just makes more sense to me....

DoulaMama
November 11th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I have no idea!! I do believe in it somedays...other days I'm not sure how it would work. I have more Pagan beliefs than anything else but Buddhism is very close to what I believe, too. I do believe that my children were waiting to come to me...that there was a "plan" so to speak but not that "The" God made that happen...more like our energies/souls are connected and we all just essentially get recycled, so to speak! LOL I guess it's kinda like reincarnation.... Hmmmm. I was raised by a very spiritual mother and Aetheist father, so I've had a very strange mix of beliefs growing up. I do not like organized religion whatsoever, it's definitely not for me, but I am super in touch with my spiritual side, spirits, past lives, angels, etc:) I love hearing about others beliefs and am constantly changing my own!

Zivic-Bubac
November 11th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I do believe that my children were waiting to come to me...that there was a "plan" so to speak but not that "The" God made that happen...more like our energies/souls are connected Cool DM! But I believe it was God's plan and Someone eternally intelligent made our energies and souls in the perfect way that everything is connected.
I believe our core is made of that Eternal Love and Power but we were given that by Somebody who is all that. I like to think about those thing, makes me happy :)

Organized religion sucks most of the time, I mean no offense to anyone, I wanted to become a nun before I met my DH lol! but I guess I was never serious about that, just liked to play with that thought, commiting myself completely to something bigger than me.
Pagan, Idk...it often looks like a basic level to spirituality kwim?

DoulaMama
November 11th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Cool DM! But I believe it was God's plan and Someone eternally intelligent made our energies and souls in the perfect way that everything is connected.
I believe our core is made of that Eternal Love and Power but we were given that by Somebody who is all that. I like to think about those thing, makes me happy :)

Organized religion sucks most of the time, I mean no offense to anyone, I wanted to become a nun before I met my DH lol! but I guess I was never serious about that, just liked to play with that thought, commiting myself completely to something bigger than me.
Pagan, Idk...it often looks like a basic level to spirituality kwim?

I don't believe in "A" God....I believe there could be many Gods...like Egyptian beliefs:) Pagan is very basic really...which is why I like it so much. I want simplicity in my life! Spirituality doesn't have to confusing...no books to read...you just feel it~
This all coming from a person who totally believes in evolution! LOL I'm all over the map!!

Zivic-Bubac
November 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM
This all coming from a person who totally believes in evolution! LOL I'm all over the map!!Ha, ha! :D But there might be no controversy, I think evolution was/is the creation as well, esp from what we've all learned at biology lessons that 'ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny" http://yoursmiles.org/psmile/science/p0317.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/p-science.php?page=)

About God and Gods....I read an excellent book from Thomas Mann "Joseph and His Brothers", it's basically about Old Testimony, but that's not my point here, it has a true part about Egyptian pharaoh ( Akhenaten, he was true person, wasn't made up by a writer or something) and he believed in one God which was revolutionary back then in ancient Egypt.http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071021112801AAlYohE
That part of the book is so beautifully and spiritually written, the way pharaoh came to the conclusion of 1 God, I cried when I read it. ( BTW he had only daughters, 6 of them, his wife was Nefertiti )
I strongly recommend the book, it's beautiful, I would read it again, it it only wasn't that long! LOL!

DoulaMama
November 11th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Interesting! I'm going to check it out! Thank-you ZB!

Cinss
November 11th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I believe that we are here in our human forms to learn things that we will need to take with us on the next part of our journey through spiritual exsistance. Sometimes we may come back for whatever reason.

CapricornAquarius
November 11th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I believe that we are here in our human forms to learn things that we will need to take with us on the next part of our journey through spiritual exsistance. Sometimes we may come back for whatever reason.

This is what i believe also.

mommymachine
November 12th, 2011, 01:39 PM
The apostles creed. That's what I believe.

Zivic-Bubac
November 13th, 2011, 04:36 AM
I believe that we are here in our human forms to learn things that we will need to take with us on the next part of our journey through spiritual exsistance. Sometimes we may come back for whatever reason.This is more or less how I feel. But do you think/believe there is God behind all this?
Do you feel all this magic that surrounds us isn't random but it's a creation?

Zivic-Bubac
November 13th, 2011, 04:36 AM
The apostles creed. That's what I believe.

So basically Christian believes?

mommymachine
November 13th, 2011, 10:31 AM
So basically Christian believes?

Yes. I'm Roman Catholic.

Cinss
November 14th, 2011, 03:13 AM
This is more or less how I feel. But do you think/believe there is God behind all this?

Personally i dont believe in 1 god, i believe in souls and soul groups. As for the universe that surrounds us, i believe it started off simple and continually grows and evolves naturally.

Sunset
November 14th, 2011, 04:52 AM
As for the universe that surrounds us, i believe it started off simple and continually grows and evolves naturally.

I agree with this!

i don't really know what i believe in.. i do believe there is a god or a higher power, but i also belive in the soul. There is no doubt in my mind that we go on living somewhere else after this life... it may not be on this earth or human form, but i do believe we've all existed somewhere else before we ended up where we are today and i do believe our soul will go on "living".. our bodies are just a vessel but the soul is something eternal. Life/universe and existense is simply too much of a miracle to not have a higher purpose

Zivic-Bubac
November 14th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Life/universe and existense is simply too much of a miracle to not have a higher purpose
Beautifully said! I feel the same.

DoulaMama
November 14th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Personally i dont believe in 1 god, i believe in souls and soul groups. As for the universe that surrounds us, i believe it started off simple and continually grows and evolves naturally.

This is pretty much what I believe too:)

purplepoet20
November 14th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I am Catholic but not church going. I grew up with non-practicing Christian parents. One side of my grandparents are Catholic and the other side is Jewish and Christian. My greatgrandma was an Irish Pagan. And I have a greatgrandpa that was Native American... so I am a mutt in the religion world... I don't believe in all religions. They all have one common link.

I may be Catholic but my pagan side is very strong... I teach my boys about the bible and such but they also know the pagan side of Holidays and beliefs.

CapricornAquarius
November 14th, 2011, 07:39 PM
This is more or less how I feel. But do you think/believe there is God behind all this?
I know there's a higher being thats for sure.

Zivic-Bubac
November 15th, 2011, 10:26 AM
so I am a mutt in the religion world... I don't believe in all religions. They all have one common link.Excellent point my friend! They absolutely have common link :agree:

Zivic-Bubac
November 15th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I know there's a higher being thats for sure.

Sometimes it is so obvious and it's like everything existing is singing a hymn to the God

Zivic-Bubac
November 15th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Yes. I'm Roman Catholic.

I'm Orthodox Christian, church-going, but I have troubles with believing everything in the church :worry: I guess church as an institution is sometimes too much for me to digest.

purplepoet20
November 15th, 2011, 10:47 AM
So I forgot to include my view on reincarnation... When we ourselves were just spirits/souls waiting for a body, we wondered until we became attached to someone living, and when it was our turn we took the human form in that persons body. Same for our children there souls attached to us through out our lives and are waiting. Once they attach they are there forever waiting.

I do not believe that one person who has had 3 living children and 4 m/c has 7+ souls waiting... the soul stays with you until it is born to a human form. Like for me having a stillborn many years ago (and 2 early m/c) and then having 2 living children, the spirits/souls just stayed with me until they could be born. Spirits/souls are genderless so no one has only G or B souls around them it is science (genes) that decides the gender and the souls just add the personality.

purplepoet20
November 15th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I'm Orthodox Christian, church-going, but I have troubles with believing everything in the church :worry: I guess church as an institution is sometimes too much for me to digest.

Not everyone believes 100% in there church, my Godfather (a Deacon) told me this... It is how you feel about your beliefs. The church is there to help but you take/learn what you want from it. Religion it there to relieve the burdens, stress, or whatever from you and puts in someones elses hands.

We give our lives to God (Gods) just like our children give their lives to us!

Zivic-Bubac
November 16th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Not everyone believes 100% in there church... It is how you feel about your beliefs. The church is there to help but you take/learn what you want from it. Hmm, that is refreshing point of view :think: I always assumed I have to take the whole package kwim?
But this can work much better I think. Thank you for pointing that out! :kissy: