PDA

View Full Version : Post BFP boy sway results discussion thread

ELP
November 12th, 2011, 03:30 AM
There are no failed sways:HH: Only sways that gave us gorgeous babies who will add to our already precious families. This thread is for those who want to get down to the nitty gritty of what they may do again or differently if they chose to sway again. Hopefully we can find some helpful patterns for all future boy swayers.

ELP - HI diet - confirmed :bigboy: Sway (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?4406-ELP-s-boy-sway-confirmed-boy-))

ELP
November 12th, 2011, 03:44 AM
My situation, if we use the dice analogy of turning as many sides as we can blue then I think that as I have had boys in the past then I was lucky enough to start with a 50/50 dice:agree: Maybe some ladies dice are loaded more to pink or blue to start with???

I can only remember more detail about my last 4 pregnancies, 3 girls and current blue. I usually gain weight before each of my pregnancies including the girl ones, but my weight gain for the girls was from white bread, chocolate, cake, sweet cereals, pasta and other low nutrition sources. So this time I cut out the things above completely and swapped for the fruit, nuts and veggies. I gained around 6lb but am sure that this was muscle from small bits of home weight training.

Ladies what was your weight gain and what was it from? Did you feel that all calories were good calories??

Ladies, I just want to say again that this is not an IG lynching but a way to get different ideas for possibly next time! of how to tweak our sways.

Many thanks xx

3Pink1Blue
November 12th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Since I have three girls I'll say my dice was no where near 50/50 lol

I have always lost weight prior to pregnancy, lots 20-30lbs, with lots of calorie counting and exercise. This time I gained about 20lbs by eating way too much of the good stuff and doing very little exercise. I had cut out all processed food besides bread and whole grain cereal so I'd say all my calories were good nutrient rich calories.

I love the idea of this, examine to help not to criticize :)

gizmo77
November 30th, 2011, 12:16 AM
i was wondering someone mentioned on the other thread that none of the IG gals complained about weight gain. why is that? didnt gain weight or what?how long were they on the IG diet?

ELP
November 30th, 2011, 05:38 AM
3pink, were you weight training at all?:) Was your weight gain from some extra muscle??

gizmo, I wonder if any of the IG swayers noticed if and how much weight gain they had if any?? It would definately be interesting to know wouldn't it:agree:

I can't help but wonder if non quality weight gain sways pink?? In the school playground I keep looking at all the 'big mumma's' some with boys, some with girls, and wondering if the ones with girls are more sweets and bread snackers and the boy mums savoury snackers??

3Pink1Blue
December 16th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Gizmo - I noticed that as well. It's hard to gain weight eating the 5 things on the IG boy diet. I only gained a few lbs there and packed on the bulk once I switched to the HE.

ELP - Very little if any of my weight was from muscle. I wonder the same thing about the weight gain. I got my chub from eating way to much healthy foods and almost no sweets/empty calories.

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2011, 08:38 AM
i was wondering someone mentioned on the other thread that none of the IG gals complained about weight gain. why is that? didnt gain weight or what?how long were they on the IG diet?

I can assure you that weight gain was a HUGE problem for blue swayers when I was on there. One lady gained 80 lbs and ended up severely ill with high blood pressure and ended up having to go HT to get her son.

Remember, the IG Diet is not as calorically dense as HE Diet can be (it doesn't HAVE to be tho) If you're eating a bowl of Rice Krispies with non-dairy creamer for breakfast, iceberg lettuce salad and Campbells soup for lunch, even if you have McDonalds for dinner every night you prob. won't gain that much weight. IG Diet doesn't have snacking either. It's also not going to sway blue as hard as HE Diet does, either and that kind of diet is not great for conceiving/healthy pg.

I am TRYING to get the LE Diet cookbook done so I can get onto the HE Cookbook because I know you guys need help too.

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2011, 08:44 AM
3pink, were you weight training at all?:) Was your weight gain from some extra muscle??

gizmo, I wonder if any of the IG swayers noticed if and how much weight gain they had if any?? It would definately be interesting to know wouldn't it:agree:

I can't help but wonder if non quality weight gain sways pink?? In the school playground I keep looking at all the 'big mumma's' some with boys, some with girls, and wondering if the ones with girls are more sweets and bread snackers and the boy mums savoury snackers??

You are not the only one that has noticed that ELP and I even wrote an essay about it here:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/3187-big-girls-little-girls-baby-girls-boys.html

As a general rule I think you need to be pretty big to have it negatively affect your fertility but I think if someone eats a very high carb, lower nutrient/protein diet (poor people's diet, basically - cereal or pastry for breakfast (or no breakfast), white carbs like sandwich for lunch, pasta for dinner, and sweets everywhere else, of course with Diet Coke always to try and keep weight off) that can cause both weight gain and also more daughters conceived.

80% of all the ladies I know who are heavy are also smokers "to try and lose weight."

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Again, not meant in any way as criticism (she is not on this site anyway) but as illustration of how things can go wrong with a blue sway for ladies who are heavier to begin with...There is a very sweet gal I know from IG who has 5 girls and I've known her since she was swaying with her 3rd (T told me she did the same thing with her 2nd as well) Every time she gets pg she does the exact same thing. She is on the heavy side and she makes a big deal about how she's going to start exercising and eating right and lose a bunch of weight before TTC. She does it for a few weeks and then gets sick of it, declares that the food is too expensive, and starts to sway instead. Then she gets one BFN and panics because she's convinced that swaying is keeping her from getting pg. She drops everything and just tries to get pg and it's been girl every time.

Tink18
December 24th, 2011, 12:54 AM
I dont even know where to begin. My entire lifestyle was different before making this baby. I was working out 4x a week...lost almost 25 lbs...got really fit. 1 month before sway totally stopped working out only some cardio. I ate so much salt, meat and Boy diet. no sweets ( THAT WAS HARD) I put on about 7 lbs in a month!! wild! i still wont admit to anyone! LOL. Did our sway and felt really good about it. Got pregnant on first attempt and found out today IT'S A BOY!! Over the moon with excitement.

With our daughter...ate sweets like crazy, no working out. Was enjoying married life!!..actually put on some weight. Big chicken and pasta eater, not a lot of juice or fruit. Soda. Gave up most of this with boy sway. I think between my 2 totally different lifestyles I fully believe in sway. I have so much more I just cant think because I am so excited right now. Will have to come back later.